Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Sonata Mused posted:

Gundam Build Fighters - We Can Build It Better, Faster, More Amazing

This is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Sonata Mused posted:

Also throwing my support behind this one.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Sonata Mused posted:

Gotta support this one.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Sonata Mused posted:

Gundam Build Fighters - We Can Build It Better, Faster, More Amäzing

There, that's better.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Azubah posted:

Gundam Builders: That's no cash grab, boy.

Quad Cape posted:

Gundam Build Fighters - Gundams in the pocket

Sonata Mused posted:

Any of these 3.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Gundam Build Fighters - The Best Gundam Since Turn A

Jokes are cool but this seems like the best way to get people to not miss out on the show.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

AzMiLion posted:

Gundam Build Fighters - This hand of mine burns with Building Spirit!

Sindai posted:

Jokes are cool but this seems like the best way to get people to not miss out on the show.

Either of these.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...

Sindai posted:

I'm agreeing with this.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Ooh, actually, I'd suggest a slight tweak.

Gundam Build Fighters - The Best Gundam Since Zeta

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I'd say you're best off comparing it to G in the title to draw in people as Sindai suggested. So something like:

Gundam Build Fighters: The Spiritual Successor to G

or

Gundam Build Fighters: Just as Ameijin as G

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

To break up the renaming discussion a little bit, meet Miss Sazabi and Exia Dark Matter. Also the Gunpla Battle Arms on the left.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Gundam Build Fighters - Better than G Gundam. and ZETA, Turn A, VOTOMS, LoGH, Monster and Madoka

AradoBalanga posted:

To break up the renaming discussion a little bit, meet Miss Sazabi and Exia Dark Matter. Also the Gunpla Battle Arms on the left.

Are the Miss Sazabi's arms thicker than it's legs?

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Are they to scale? That thing is loving huge compared to the Edgia.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

boom boom boom posted:

Gundam Build Fighters - Better than G Gundam. and ZETA, Turn A, VOTOMS, LoGH, Monster and Madoka

Every day is upper body day for Miss Sazabi.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
Makes sense since ordinary Sazabi is head and shoulders taller than regular mobile suits as it is. Nu gundams only a fifth larger and it already looks like a behemoth.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

tsob posted:

Are they to scale? That thing is loving huge compared to the Edgia.
Vanilla Sazabi is 25.6 meters tall, while vanilla Exia is 18.3 meters tall. It makes sense for Miss Sazabi to be taller than Exia Dark Matter.

bubblegumbo0
Apr 24, 2008

我的機動戰士是個ヤンデレ!
Gundam Build Fighter- Shut the gently caress up about G Gundam because this is better

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Has there been a pilot named for Miss Sazabi yet?

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Schneider Heim posted:

Has there been a pilot named for Miss Sazabi yet?

Nothing yet, personally think it's Mashita's secretary but who knows with this show.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

If it was going to be a new character they'd probably be in the OP or ED.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

If it was going to be a new character they'd probably be in the OP or ED.

Clearly is piloted by the Twins.

EDIT: ACTUALLY SPEAKING OF THE TWINS

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Jan 27, 2014

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
This show reminded me I still have most of ZZ to watch, and now I desperately want the Zeta-Zaku to show up somehow. It's a thing of utter beauty.

Caros
May 14, 2008

If its not too late I suggest Gundam Build Fighters - Even your wife will love it.

My wife has made fun of my various Gunpla and obsession with Gundam since I met her, yet I just finished binge watching the show with her after she caught sight of China and Mr. Bearguy.

This is the best Gundam.

Edit: Not actually serious on that title.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Great episode this week. Plot continues to be as hilarious as ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQyY1yfC8p4

aers fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Jan 27, 2014

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
The triumphant return of the Gunpla mafia! And Gunpla undercover cops! Shine on, you crazy, beautiful show.

Also, god drat Reiji and Aila are adorable together.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

How can this show continue to be this good?

Aila is adorable, Reiji's interactions with her and the mysterious gunpla promoter were great. Ral freaking out Sei was hilarious. And Sei's father showing up as the loving gunpla police was amazing.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
International Gunpla Referee arrests the Gunpla Mafioso. This show is the best.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

I was at a convention this weekend, and I picked up a Gundam X Maoh, Build Gundam Mk-II,and a Build Booster Mk-II add-on. This episode is well timed, because I didn't know the bit about leaving a big chunk of the runner on the part and then cutting it close, so that will make it easier to build these things.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

MechaCrash posted:

I was at a convention this weekend, and I picked up a Gundam X Maoh, Build Gundam Mk-II,and a Build Booster Mk-II add-on. This episode is well timed, because I didn't know the bit about leaving a big chunk of the runner on the part and then cutting it close, so that will make it easier to build these things.

That bit had pretty much every mistake a first-time builder is likely to make, I definitely had to prize two plastic parts apart to put a polycap in.

boom boom boom posted:

I can't figure out if Miss Sazabi's legs are from an existing kit. It was originally described, before there were pictures, as Sazabi and Nobel Gundam, which pretty clearly wouldn't work like that due to that being a super-size MS paired with a tiny one. Maybe they are are from nowhere in particular, since parts like the chest are derived from Sazabi but heavily modified, so will use new frames in the kit. I thought they could be from an Vogon/Vegan/whatever MS out of AGE, but I don't know if that would be allowed even if they probably weren't too small again.

BizarroAzrael fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Jan 27, 2014

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Sei's dad showing up at the closed shop post credits was the greatest drat thing! I need to start doing the clipper trick on my stuff... I still clip as close as possible because I'm a bit of a doofus like that.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Well, I guess if there was Gunpla Mafia there'd have to be Gunpla police.

Also, Cutey Honey was the last thing I was expecting to get a reference in this show.

DookieSandwich
Nov 14, 2012
I love the little touches, like Dorothy's huge rear end limo. Since Sei's dad is a gunpla cop, I wonder if he's going to have a part in uncovering what PPSE is up to.

DookieSandwich fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Jan 27, 2014

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Welp, Sei's dad is loving amazing.

I can't believe I watched an entire episode on how to make Gunpla and loved it.

EDIT: Pretty sure I saw Fa and Fran cameos.

EDIT 2: Oh wow, how did I miss Saji's sister in the same scene?

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jan 27, 2014

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
Sei-mom and Aila are still the best.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Sonata Mused posted:

Sei-mom and Aila are still the best.

Kirara at the beginning was the best. The other two barely made it to her level.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
The reporter in Sei's mom's fantasy was Fran Doll :swoon:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Well, I guess that takes care of the first set of "shrouded Gunpla" from the intro. Funny how they didn't turn out to be ultimate bosses or something like the intro imlies. I wonder how the next set factor in.

I loved the "Amuro visiting Tem Ray at Side 6" beginning of the episode, Especially since the Gundam Super Module was right there on the desk! I thought Sei was about to have a nightmare. Overall a great episode. Seemed to be several cameos as well. Poor, poor, Takeshi. He comes home and his wife has closed up shop and run off. Though really, shouldn't he have expected it? I bet if he didn't have his other job, he'd have closed up shop to go watch Sei even earlier into the tournament.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Jan 27, 2014

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

quote:

Am I too late to offer my vote on the new title? Because I'd vote for this.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Gundam Build Fighters - Even the Filler Episodes are Amazing

Also, "Just how many different kinds are there of these Zaku things?" might just be my quote of the episode. Oh Reiji, you have no idea how deep the Zaku family tree is. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Poor, poor, Takeshi. He comes home and his wife has closed up shop and run off. Though really, shouldn't he have expected it? I bet if he didn't have his other job, he'd have closed up shop to go watch Sei even earlier into the tournament.
To be fair the tournament finals are still 2 days away (on break? giving Sei time to make repairs) so its understandable that Sei and his dad wouldn't expect the store to close that early for her to come cheer.

• Locked thread