Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

Is it a bad idea to use OpenBackup between iOS versions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krolm
Nov 10, 2004

friendly and non-threatening

Bleak Gremlin
Ever since I upgraded my ipad to the iOS 7 jailbreak I've been having weird issues with my Apple ID.

I'll try to update or purchase an app from the app store and it will say my apple ID or password is incorrect. It lists the right e-mail address as the account it's using to buy stuff, and I'm sure I'm entering the right password, but it's refusing to accept it. This will happen consistently every few days. At first I thought it was me being stupid and either mistyping or misremembering the password, but after a few weeks of having to change it every few days I started writing down the passwords to make sure so I'm 100% sure it's not that. So what the hell is going on? I'm lost here. Does it somehow lose sync? I'm also pretty sure it's not compromised, since I'm always able to reset it through e-mail authentication or secret questions.

That's about the best I can do to describe it, it's really really annoying the crap out of me and it's really hard to google this specific thing.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Welp, I completely forgot how much fun theming is on a jailbroken phone. Lockscreen is still mostly stock, its actually what I think is the perfect lockscreen. Hated the iOS6 and below one.

Edit: Also this is a good reminder to check r/jailbreak and r/iosthemes regularly, the developers of tweaks hang out there and speak with the community. And you can get good theming ideas or discover new tweaks, activator actions, etc.

Endymion FRS MK1 fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jan 27, 2014

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

spongeworthy posted:

You can link a prepaid Visa card to an Amazon or Paypal account if you don't have another method of payment.

I'm not aware of any free tweaks that mimic Cloaky or perform similar functions right now.

Cheers but I'm not willing to pay £0.01 just to hide a superminor annoyance. It's cool :)

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

BrainDance posted:

Anyone have a recommendation for a volume tweak that let's me go past 100%? I watch movies on my ipad when I'm out, but even with external speakers they're usually too quiet.

I've tried a winter board thing that is supposed to do it, but I can't hear any difference so I don't think it works. I just want whatever the best tweak is for this, free or pay it doesn't matter,

Volume Amplifier. I haven't used it but I'd be careful of blowing a speaker or something.

Bouchacha posted:

Is it a bad idea to use OpenBackup between iOS versions?

I don't think it will matter with Cydia packages between iOS versions, but obviously not all old packages will work on iOS 7 out of the box. Additionally I don't think OpenBackup has been updated for 7 yet itself.

Kaizoku posted:

How is this going to be different than invert colors under accessibility?

Eclipse doesn't "invert" the colors.. here are some images.

spongeworthy fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Jan 27, 2014

iLikeMidgets
Jan 3, 2005
insert witty title here

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Welp, I completely forgot how much fun theming is on a jailbroken phone. Lockscreen is still mostly stock, its actually what I think is the perfect lockscreen. Hated the iOS6 and below one.

Looks really nice. What theme is it? Is the weather info part of the theme or a separate widget?

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Edit: Also this is a good reminder to check r/jailbreak and r/iosthemes regularly, the developers of tweaks hang out there and speak with the community. And you can get good theming ideas or discover new tweaks, activator actions, etc.

That's a nice look there. What tweaks did you run to get there?

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Messages customizer for, well, messages. Modoki 5 icon dock, Iconoclasm with 4x5_Dense layout and two rows of blank icons on top created with iBlank. The date and weather widgets use iWidgets. Weather comes from the Sense UI pack, and the date is IMUI minimal date (on google, not any repo). Zeppelin is used for the carrier, carrier text is the | symbol. Alkaline is for the battery and is one of the stock themes it comes with.

Also used Dynamic Text for my lockscreen, its a neat little slider text replacement.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

Kaizoku posted:

How is this going to be different than invert colors under accessibility?

Hopefully not make all the icons look like poop.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

goodness posted:

Hopefully not make all the icons look like poop.

Hey I like Hotline Miami mode from time to time.

shootforit
Oct 11, 2006

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

What did you use for the round icons?

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

shootforit posted:

What did you use for the round icons?

I knew I was forgetting something. Flat7 Theme, free on the default repos. Comes with round and hexagon icons.

shootforit
Oct 11, 2006

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

I knew I was forgetting something. Flat7 Theme, free on the default repos. Comes with round and hexagon icons.

Awesome thanks! Flat7 Theme is slick. Just what I was wanting in a round icon tweak.
The hex icons just look plain weird to me though.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

shootforit posted:

The hex icons just look plain weird to me though.

Honestly, any sharp edges look odd on an iPhone to me.

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

1. Can I disable the fade-in/out on the lockscreen?

2. I'm new to the iOS7 NC. What can I do to change it back to its previous version? Specifically I want it to always list the date, followed by any new txts/emails/phone calls and more importantly to always list the next two calendar items. Also, how do I get rid of the ALL and MISSED tabs? I just want one tab.

3. Is there a tweak that allows nested folders to be visible from the home screen? Also, is it possible to change it so that tapping the inside of a folder closes it (iOS6 behavior)?

4. Also, is there any tweak that only shows 'active' apps on the task switcher?

Bouchacha fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Jan 28, 2014

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

Also, this would be great:

Revol posted:

Is there a hack that reverts the Music app to its pre-iOS 7 version? I don't necessarily need the appearance to change, but the functionality has to. I like iOS 7 as a whole, but holy poo poo does the Music app loving suck. They hosed up how albums are sorted, and navigating under the artist requires you to swipe through every track of every album, instead of just getting a collapsed list of the albums themselves.

Getting those two things fixed would instantly make iOS 7 jailbreak worthwhile.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

Bouchacha posted:

1. Can I disable the fade-in/out on the lockscreen?

Mine doesn't fade in or out but I can't recall doing anything to specifically stop this behaviour. I have Reduce Motion turned on and I'm using NoSlowAnimations - not sure if that is suppressing it or not.

quote:

2. I'm new to the iOS7 NC. What can I do to change it back to its previous version? Specifically I want it to always list the date, followed by any new txts/emails/phone calls and more importantly to always list the next two calendar items. Also, how do I get rid of the ALL and MISSED tabs? I just want one tab.

I don't think as of right now there is anything to do exactly what you want here, but you can check out these tweaks and see if they help in other ways: NCObey, NCAllOnly, Calendar for Lockscreen.

spongeworthy fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Jan 28, 2014

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

NCAllOnly is great, but doesn't display calendar appointments. I looked at Calendar for Lockscreen and it would be perfect except I'd like it on just my notification center. Thanks for the tips though.

Edit: Also, how can I make it so that "cleared" SMS get marked as read (with biteSMS)?

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

Bouchacha posted:

NCAllOnly is great, but doesn't display calendar appointments. I looked at Calendar for Lockscreen and it would be perfect except I'd like it on just my notification center. Thanks for the tips though.

Edit: Also, how can I make it so that "cleared" SMS get marked as read (with biteSMS)?

Cleared as in dismissed by home button?

Settings -> Quick Reply -> Configure Buttons

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

spongeworthy posted:

Cleared as in dismissed by home button?

Settings -> Quick Reply -> Configure Buttons

Cleared as in 'cleared' from the notification center. Also, what happened to the 'x' on the right of a new SMS?

Atarian
Aug 10, 2005

This ant...
Clever Betty

Bouchacha posted:

Cleared as in 'cleared' from the notification center. Also, what happened to the 'x' on the right of a new SMS?

I miss that too, but you can swipe the bitesms popup off the right of the screen to mark it as read.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Probs gonna get my iPhone 5 replaced tomorrow, the new phone will most likely be on the latest iOS. Is this jailbroken?

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

Yep.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
Anyone here that is jailbroken and uses the Starbucks app? If so, are you ever able to download the free apps they message you. I only ask because I have always had a JB and whenever I try to get those free apps/songs it tells me to try again in a few minutes. Just wasn't sure if this was a JB-specific issue.

voltron
Nov 26, 2000
Zapf gave me this account because he's a friend of the Indian-American people.

Mr Hands Colon posted:

Anyone here that is jailbroken and uses the Starbucks app? If so, are you ever able to download the free apps they message you. I only ask because I have always had a JB and whenever I try to get those free apps/songs it tells me to try again in a few minutes. Just wasn't sure if this was a JB-specific issue.

That happens to me all the time and I've never been jailbroken.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

Bouchacha posted:

They just readded the X back in latest beta.

DominusDeus
Jul 20, 2008
So, I'm having an issue. Autocorrect isn't working 95% of the time. Example;

Amazmonian teopicsl raimforesr.

Not a single attempt was made to correct that to "Amazonian tropical rainforest." It will occasionally autocorrect a few words (I didn't have to finish typing autocorrect, for example). It'll capitalize a lone lowercase "I", and generaly words with an apostrophe, or other random words. Wordstyped together aren't usuallyseperated.

It's driving me nuts. I'm on a first gen ipad 3, iOS 7.0.4, jailbroke. Is this a known issue?

randyest
Sep 1, 2004

by R. Guyovich

DominusDeus posted:

So, I'm having an issue. Autocorrect isn't working 95% of the time. Example;

Amazmonian teopicsl raimforesr.

Not a single attempt was made to correct that to "Amazonian tropical rainforest." It will occasionally autocorrect a few words (I didn't have to finish typing autocorrect, for example). It'll capitalize a lone lowercase "I", and generaly words with an apostrophe, or other random words. Wordstyped together aren't usuallyseperated.

It's driving me nuts. I'm on a first gen ipad 3, iOS 7.0.4, jailbroke. Is this a known issue?

Are Settings => Keyboard -> Autocorrection and Check Spelling turned on? Try a reboot? Try a restore?

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

I'm surprised iDownloadBlog isn't on the OP. It's a really great source for JB tweaks as they come out, complete with video demonstrations: http://www.idownloadblog.com/tag/jailbreak-apps-tweaks/

Space Gopher
Jul 31, 2006

BLITHERING IDIOT AND HARDCORE DURIAN APOLOGIST. LET ME TELL YOU WHY THIS SHIT DON'T STINK EVEN THOUGH WE ALL KNOW IT DOES BECAUSE I'M SUPER CULTURED.

randyest posted:

Are Settings => Keyboard -> Autocorrection and Check Spelling turned on? Try a reboot? Try a restore?

Check the input language as well, before you go too crazy with wiping the phone.

DominusDeus
Jul 20, 2008

Space Gopher posted:

Check the input language as well, before you go too crazy with wiping the phone.

Yes, obviously, autocorrect (and spell check) are on, else autocorrect would fail 100% of the time, not 95%.

Language and keyboard are English, reboots do not effect it, neither does resetting the dictionary, and restoring is a pain in the rear end.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
What's the best tweak to block annoying 'low battery' / 'no cellular data' pop ups?

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
NoAnnoyance

TheMightyHandful
Dec 8, 2008

Is there a tweak to get the folders to be 6x3 icons without clipping the dredge of the folder they're in?

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

spongeworthy posted:

Volume Amplifier. I haven't used it but I'd be careful of blowing a speaker or something.

Ok, I gave this a shot but it doesn't seem to work on my iPad 4. Works on my iPhone though. On my iPad it says the volumes going up past 100% but... It just doesn't.

Any more suggestions for something that will work on an iPad 4 iOS 7?

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

Flagpaint7 is out :toot:

I have a bad habit of buying these kinds of prettifying tweaks.

Zeph
Apr 9, 2007

This bagga nasty from Dogbert is
FRESH
For those who use iTunes Match: I just ported over my MatchInMusic toggle to use the Flipswitch framework, and this new version works better than the old SBSettings/NCSettings versions. Because it's now a Flipswitch, it works with any tweak that uses the framework (I personally use CCControls).

If you don't know what it is, it's just a toggle for the "Show Music" option, which either shows or hides Match tracks in the music app (as opposed to only displaying music stored on your device).

It's in the BigBoss repo under the predictable name "MatchInMusic Flipswitch".

Zeph fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Jan 30, 2014

el_caballo
Feb 26, 2001
How well does 7 run on a iPhone 4? Taking into account the tweaks that jailbreaking lets you use. I hadn't planned on jailbreaking my iPhone (I have a jailbroken iPad but I don't really use tweaks) because I had read that 4 is just a little too weak to really run it. But now it seems like more and more apps are iOS 7 only. I'm wondering if I should just install 7.04 since I know there's a JB for it right now.

This might be a question for the main iOS thread, but I'm thinking that some of these tweaks I don't know about are what could make 7 work.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:

el_caballo posted:

How well does 7 run on a iPhone 4?

Horribly. Adding extra processes won't help. (Barring any optimizations I'm unaware of)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!

Javid posted:

Horribly. Adding extra processes won't help. (Barring any optimizations I'm unaware of)

Sounds like you might have some other issues going on because for my wife, and the vast majority of people I know with iPhone 4's running iOS 7, they've all said it runs better than 6 ran.

Apple just released a new point release yesterday, so it sounds like that guy might have missed his window of opportunity.

When a jailbreak is released for new software, and you're on the fence about doing updating your older iPhone, just update the phone to the latest software and get the jailbreak. You'll regret not doing it in the long run when your phone's old software is no longer supported by anyone at all.

edit: The animations aren't as fluid as other phones, but who loving cares. When I'm talking about performance, I'm talking about things like the keyboard not freezing up like it used to iOS 6. People are so ambiguous when they say things like "it runs horribly," and, "it runs like poo poo." Unless you can provide concrete examples, its not worth mentioning.

decypher fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Jan 31, 2014

• Locked thread