Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Ola posted:

Are you looking for developers in your lifestyle brand? I'm thinking a GoPro processing app that applies Instagram filters to the video file. It can also pull single frames based on a motion blur/beard/Ray-Bans algo and tweet them with superimposed, rotating quotes from Pirsig, Hunter S and Kanye West (mixing these quotes is part of the premium package).

Uhn huh honey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Halo_4am posted:

I thought CineForm Studio does all that already?

Well sure, if you want factory solutions, be my guest. I prefer my python code locally sourced.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Yeah I use an image filter for my bike shots...yeah it's developed by a guy I met at a neutral milk hotel concert, he's really low-key, you probably don't know about him cause he only distributes it through word-of-mouth. He's in it for the code, not the money I guess.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Slavvy posted:

neutral milk hotel

Still can't read this band name without shaking my head.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

hot sauce posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6H8WcTPnWM

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

hot sauce posted:

It's the anime-shame of music. More than metal, really.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I dig. Might have to download that album. Never listened to a song before that, just remember an Ask/Tell thread a few years ago where that band name was typed out hundreds of times :shepicide:

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I long ago came to terms with the fact that I love things that are co-opted by hipsters and reduced to a completely meaningless blight on the world.

Decent acoustic music, gentrification, motorcycles, etc.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Z3n posted:

Decent acoustic music, gentrification, motorcycles, etc.
Good beer. :(

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Urban farming/ethically sourced food.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

I hate hipsters in theory. Really, I see nothing wrong with being some shell parody of a modern pragmatist when the alternatives are various species of juggalo

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Why can't you just be a person who keeps to themselves and doesn't make a childish song and dance about your bullshit tastes and interests no one gives a poo poo about?

^^^^what I wish I could project into the brain of everyone in some sort of hip clique social sub-group bullshit thing. Just be a guy/girl, why does there have to be all this desperate scrambling to fit into an imaginary classification and be the absolute best at it, or something?

Where do people find the energy to have a 'lifestyle'? I'm just way too loving tired and busy just having a life, let alone a lifestyle.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

I'm all for treading lightly because I tread on people's dreams, but it doesn't mean I can't tread loudly and poo poo all over them too

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Slavvy posted:

neutral milk hotel concert

Didn't know this was a band, thought it was a musical fundraiser to sustain the alternative dairy production.

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010

Ola posted:

Didn't know this was a band, thought it was a musical fundraiser to sustain the alternative dairy production.

Oh thank god I thought I was the only one.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Stuffs, yo

This is pre-clearcoat, getting a clear with a pearl in it. Should look nice.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Pearl and clear:

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

That looks loving hot

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Settle down over there...you'll make rev dr moses p lester uncomfortable.

(Im super stoked it's gonna be raaaaaaad)

Picking up the fairings tomorrow!

Minty Swagger
Sep 8, 2005

Ribbit Ribbit Real Good
Was that a professional job or a professional-level job done by you/a friend? Whenever I rattlecan something it turns out "okay" though guessing its more me than the paint.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

That gives me a funny feeling in my pants.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

The paint with the pearl is so bright it is pretty much blinding in direct sunlight, and my phone camera has some difficulty focusing on it. I'm going to try and grab some better pictures today, yesterday I had painter's tape all over the bike because the paint is so soft it would chip if it got hit by a rock directly.

Minty Swagger posted:

Was that a professional job or a professional-level job done by you/a friend? Whenever I rattlecan something it turns out "okay" though guessing its more me than the paint.

It's a semi pro job done by a buddy - we have a thing where when he wants to experiment with new paint styles or methods of painting, he uses my bikes and cuts me a deal on the job. In this case, it was the pearl in the clear, which has an interesting effect - it adds a stipled texture to the white but is also VERY bright as the flake is in the top layers of paint vs. being embedded in it.

I need to upload a decent picture of the logos, too...I love the 675R text and triumph logo - they're a blue metallic with a sparkle in the vinyl and combined with the pearl they really, really pop.

The real question now is what color do I do the rims...im torn between a really bright prismatic blue and a metallic, glossy black. Anyone mind Photoshopping up a mockup? :shobon:

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

That looks really great!

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Bike sense...tingling! How long do you have to wait until you can actually use the thing? Also that pre-load cable tie on the fork is disastrously high, rectify your braking points immediately!

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Blue is the option to take here :D

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Day Man posted:

That looks really great!

Thanks! I'm inordinantely pleased with having a bike that actually looks nice. It's been years since I've had something that was just designed to look nice rather than the visual equivalent of the brown note.

BlackMK4 posted:

Blue is the option to take here :D

Yeah that's what I'm thinking.

Slavvy posted:

Bike sense...tingling! How long do you have to wait until you can actually use the thing? Also that pre-load cable tie on the fork is disastrously high, rectify your braking points immediately!

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Matte black so that it doesn't compete with the bright white at all.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Chichevache posted:

Matte black so that it doesn't compete with the bright white at all.

I'm so loving torn on the rims. Part of me wants to go bright blue so the entire bike just shines, although looking closely at the blue decals, they're pretty dark, so maybe a darker blue with some flake in it to tie it all together? A subtler touch to tie it all together? Gah, the most first world problem.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Z3n posted:

I'm so loving torn on the rims. Part of me wants to go bright blue so the entire bike just shines, although looking closely at the blue decals, they're pretty dark, so maybe a darker blue with some flake in it to tie it all together? A subtler touch to tie it all together? Gah, the most first world problem.

I mean my taste is probably pretty bad anyway, but I love that bright white shine so much that anything that could possibly detract from it would be out in my opinion. But that's just it, my opinion. Blue and white does looks amazing together though. Maybe a really light blue like periwinkle or something?

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Chichevache posted:

I mean my taste is probably pretty bad anyway, but I love that bright white shine so much that anything that could possibly detract from it would be out in my opinion. But that's just it, my opinion. Blue and white does looks amazing together though. Maybe a really light blue like periwinkle or something?

Yeah...the options are either to go really light or maybe something like a matte black with a blue metallic over it. That might be a nice look. I need to talk to the people at the powdercoating place, I might swing by there at lunch on Tuesday...will just have to see.

Today I ordered:
front flushmount turn signals
R6 calipers
couple of fairing brackets/fairing bolts/windscreen bolts
mirror block off plates

It's starting, isn't it. The endless modding, before the eventual sale.

I also have a set of forks with penske valves in them on the way, so that's a thing.

Next up is making some downsets for it, relocating the mirrors, and the luggage mounts.

And then maybe a quickshifter. And maybe a rear shock.

And...then it should be done, so the engine will probably explode right around then, is my guess.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

White wheels own. Do white

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

I got 10 bux on it getting stolen before it gets sold. That white pearl clear will look fantastic under a thick coat of rattlecan black with a big yellow wreckers X on it.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Spiffness posted:

I got 10 bux on it getting stolen before it gets sold. That white pearl clear will look fantastic under a thick coat of rattlecan black with a big yellow wreckers X on it.

"This is too bright, very dangerous, must replace with a less visible color asap."

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Voting white powder coat. Bike looks phenomenal. :angel:

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

You jerks are supposed to help me make the process EASIER

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

White wheels own. Do white

White wheels will be white for 5 minutes before they're matte black with grime anyway.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Chichevache posted:

White wheels will be white for 5 minutes before they're matte black with grime anyway.

Nah, it's not that bad at all.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

BlackMK4 posted:

Nah, it's not that bad at all.

Fair enough. I was basing it on the fact that my car's wheels are perpetually grimy.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I plastidipped the wheels on my 675 white - whenever they did start to load up with brake dust I just sprayed them with simple green and hosed em. Came right off, even with that weird texture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat
Half blue half white wheels like a supermoto.

Anodize forks blue.

• Locked thread