Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Carecat posted:

I'd say 10% for a rapid fire weapon, that turns into 25% with a 150% boost mod.

10 for a rifle, 20 for anything else is my rule of thumb. Really you have to look at both crit chance and crit damage, but there aren't any low crit chance weapons with very high crit damage, so whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
dpsframe.com is flat out wrong. It's multiplying the damage by the projectile count including the decimal place which should be discarded. Fine for rifles but wrong for shotguns and pistols. Pistols are the worst as it stacks two multishots for 2.8 projectiles per shot. You can't have 0.8 of a projectile. If you just prod barrel diffusion the damage changes for each 0.1.

Carecat fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Jan 28, 2014

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

YeehawMcKickass posted:

Great, now I'm going to have to do this.

Oh yeah, any recommendations for what pistol I should be going for after the Lato? The thing sucks balls and I'd like to get it replaced before my Mastery 2 test. I've got the blueprints for the Seer and Magnus. I"m short orokin cells for both and salvage for the magnus right now (something tells me the Magnus is the better bet???)

They're both decent, but they're very different guns.

* The Seer is good for sniping and headshots above all else; it has the highest base damage per shot of any pistol, and a very powerful zoom. The projectile is a physics object that travels, rather than being hitscan; however, it's an extremely fast projectile, so you almost don't notice it. The main downsides is that it has a tiny clip, it has a very low chance to crit, and it's almost all Puncture damage -- meaning that it's very effective against Grineer (especially since you can head-shot them) and nearly useless against Corpus.

* The Magnus is good at medium range -- it has impressive base damage, fires quickly, and it has a fairly high chance to crit. It's mostly Impact damage, but with reasonable amounts of the other two, meaning it's more effective against Corpus than Grineer. Better general-purpose weapon than the Seer, I'd say.

Magnus is probably one of the best all-arounder pistols. You can also look at the Vasto -- very similar to the Magnus, higher base damage and a faster reload, but lower crit chance. I'm also very fond of the Kunai as well.

Once you get into the mid game, you'll want to start looking at getting Twin Vipers and/or Stug.

Avoid the Sicarus and Twin Gremlins.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
Does anyone on PS4 have an elemental damage mods they'd like to donate to my cause? I'm trying to farm Val Hek for the Oberon blueprints but, if he doesn't bug out and just not let me complete the mission, it takes forever to whittle him down.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Carecat posted:

dpsframe.com is flat out wrong. It's multiplying the damage by the projectile count including the decimal place which should be discarded. Fine for rifles but wrong for shotguns and pistols. Pistols are the worst as it stacks two multishots for 2.8 projectiles per shot. You can't have 0.8 of a projectile. If you just prod barrel diffusion the damage changes for each 0.1.

That's absolutely a fine thing to do. DPS will always depend on unpredictable events and is always understood to be an expected value and not a predictive one. And unless this is your first experience with game math you already know this, and you're just being pedantic in hopes of stumbling on a legitimate criticism.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.

ullerrm posted:

They're both decent, but they're very different guns.

* The Seer is good for sniping and headshots above all else; it has the highest base damage per shot of any pistol, and a very powerful zoom. The projectile is a physics object that travels, rather than being hitscan; however, it's an extremely fast projectile, so you almost don't notice it. The main downsides is that it has a tiny clip, it has a very low chance to crit, and it's almost all Puncture damage -- meaning that it's very effective against Grineer (especially since you can head-shot them) and nearly useless against Corpus.

Iirc the Seer is perfectly split along all three damages, I think you might be thinking Lex which is predominantly piercing.

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

WE WELCOME THE OPPRESSORS
Just checked, Seer is all around.

Just managed to snag a cell in a early Saturn mission. Need one more to build a Seer.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I haven't tried the Seer but a lot of people say it's really disappointing. I would put those cells to something better like Magnus.

There's a list of everything orokin cells make here that you can use to decide.

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

WE WELCOME THE OPPRESSORS
Well, I need two cells to do either of them. So Saturn it is for a while.

Metaprognosticate
Nov 10, 2013

Carecat posted:

Just noticed this calculator favors +fire rate mods which maximizes your DPS but not your damage per shot. Time to kill isn't vital. Your total damage potential per reload is going to be a better stat in most circumstances and give better ammo efficiency.

There's an option for choosing best damage per shot. You don't have to pick the DPS option if you don't want to.

Carecat posted:

Next thing you'll tell me is that people can't have .06 of a child because the average number of children Americans have is 2.06. It's an average, not indicative of an actual event.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Carecat posted:

If you read how multishot works, 2.8 multishot means it fires 2 rounds 100% of the time and 3 rounds 80% of the time. That means you fire an average of 2.8 bullets per shot, which is exactly a 2.8x damage multiplier.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

Gestalt Intellect posted:

I haven't tried the Seer but a lot of people say it's really disappointing. I would put those cells to something better like Magnus.

Better off building a Vasto. I built a Magnus and was very disappointed. :(

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Kaldaris posted:

Better off building a Vasto. I built a Magnus and was very disappointed. :(

Plus with a Vasto you can always make another one and become an awesome space ninja cowboy.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe
Is there an irc channel or something? I'm on the PS4 and trying to invite/get invited by people while trying to get Ember Prime parts is like pounding a rusty nail in my dick.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

BarkingSquirrel posted:

Is there an irc channel or something? I'm on the PS4 and trying to invite/get invited by people while trying to get Ember Prime parts is like pounding a rusty nail in my dick.

#warframe on synirc, but it's pretty quiet and all PC dudes currently.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
So I've been playing as Volt for a while, got him up to 22 and I'm working my way through Mars. Are there any other good frames like Volt that do a lot of AOE damage? I like Volt (and I really like that I can use Shock on a group of enemies from across the map) but I don't use Speed or the shield at all. I'm building Oberon right now but I know pretty much nothing about him. I hear Nova is really overpowered but that one's out of my reach for right now.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Daric posted:

So I've been playing as Volt for a while, got him up to 22 and I'm working my way through Mars. Are there any other good frames like Volt that do a lot of AOE damage? I like Volt (and I really like that I can use Shock on a group of enemies from across the map) but I don't use Speed or the shield at all. I'm building Oberon right now but I know pretty much nothing about him. I hear Nova is really overpowered but that one's out of my reach for right now.
Nova, Saryn, Ember, and Oberon are big on AoE damage. If you want big, long range, satisfying AoE, I'd say Ember.

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Love you Einwand :allears:

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Elysiume posted:

Nova, Saryn, Ember, and Oberon are big on AoE damage. If you want big, long range, satisfying AoE, I'd say Ember.

Ember's AoE is actually a long duration random single target damage aura. You won't kill all the enemies within range at the same time. Nova's AoE is more like a chain reaction so the more densely clustered the enemies are, the bigger the damage. Rhino has a top tier AoE since I think it ignored obstacles, unlike Excalibur's Radial Javelin AoE. Ash's "AoE" also works similar to Ember's but in shorter duration but at least during the time it's active Ash is invulnerable. Banshee, Mag, Oberon and Frost have the AoE similar to Volt where it takes a short while to animate. Frost has the added bonus of freezing the enemy if they didn't die, Oberon has the bonus of a chance to drop health orb when the enemy is killed by the AoE.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

wid posted:

Ember's AoE is actually a long duration random single target damage aura. You won't kill all the enemies within range at the same time. Nova's AoE is more like a chain reaction so the more densely clustered the enemies are, the bigger the damage. Rhino has a top tier AoE since I think it ignored obstacles, unlike Excalibur's Radial Javelin AoE. Ash's "AoE" also works similar to Ember's but in shorter duration but at least during the time it's active Ash is invulnerable. Banshee, Mag, Oberon and Frost have the AoE similar to Volt where it takes a short while to animate. Frost has the added bonus of freezing the enemy if they didn't die, Oberon has the bonus of a chance to drop health orb when the enemy is killed by the AoE.
Ember's AoE kills things basically instantly once you have it specced. If there's a mission with enemies that aren't getting to higher levels (ballpark level 0-20ish) I can make it through an entire extermination without seeing an enemy. Plus it looks awesome. I did forget Mag and I still haven't finished Banshee.

Rhino's AoE has a long effective cooldown unless you spec for -duration and doesn't hit particularly hard. It's great crowd control, but less great for damage.
Ash's AoE is incredibly slow and hits a max of 15 enemies. Seriously I could cast like ten Crushes in that time. I don't really like Ash in general.
Frost...I mostly just drop a bubble and fall asleep. Plus he runs so slowly, gently caress Frost. Anyway his AoE has a long cast time.

I'll stand by Nova, Saryn, Ember, Oberon, and Mag for big AoE damage.

Ess
Mar 20, 2013

Elysiume posted:

I'll stand by Nova, Saryn, Ember, Oberon, and Mag for big AoE damage.

Nova's max level Molecular Prime is a thing of beauty when combined with stretch, flow, and that power optimization mod the name of which I forget. The only problem with it is that the damage the explosions deal seem to focus on the head, meaning that the Corpus infantry routinely survive the massive chain reactions. Not that they live long with the 200% damage modifier, but still.

I have found nova is great for chasing down targets in capture missions as well, because she is so speedy and her molecular prime reduces enemy movespeed by 50%.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
Sorry if it's been asked already, but has anyone tried Saryn? She sounds really fun concept-wise, but that's a lot of time and effort to put in for me to go trying out frames blindly. I just started yesterday, so I have a while to think about it, at least. Any opinions?

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

When there is an invasion mission where you can choose a side, can you get rewards from both sides by doing the mission for each side?

For example, right now on Cupid (Uranus) you get the option for supporting the corpus for a catalyst and the grineer for 50k credits. Can i do the grineer one for the credits after getting the 5 win requirement for the catalyst, or am I limited to the one option? Obviously the catalyst is the priority here but was just curious.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

The Lato is actually pretty good, it's just that people have poo poo mods when they use it.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

ihatepants posted:

When there is an invasion mission where you can choose a side, can you get rewards from both sides by doing the mission for each side?

For example, right now on Cupid (Uranus) you get the option for supporting the corpus for a catalyst and the grineer for 50k credits. Can i do the grineer one for the credits after getting the 5 win requirement for the catalyst, or am I limited to the one option? Obviously the catalyst is the priority here but was just curious.
No you have to choose.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

I am only on the second set of planets so far(after mercury) but I am guessing that there isn't many people on during the late hours then? Tried 3 different missions and waited 5 minutes to not getting joined up with anyone, kinda a bummer :(

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Is bronco prime worth building? I say that because after chasing orthos prime blades for months I seem to have all the parts needed for it instead of a bloody orthos prime.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

bald and fail II posted:

Is bronco prime worth building? I say that because after chasing orthos prime blades for months I seem to have all the parts needed for it instead of a bloody orthos prime.
It's really good, It's a mini Hek that takes pistol mods.

Operant
Apr 1, 2010

LET THERE BE NO GENESIS
I'm trying to pick a frame to grind for and the Valkyr looked really loving sweet but I hear there's some quality of life stuff with her claws/abilities/insanely low shields that make her kind of unfun to play. Is this still true? Otherwise thinking of building a Rhino.

EDIT: Looking back a few pages seems to be a pretty common theme that she's not that great.

Operant fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Jan 28, 2014

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Operant posted:

I'm trying to pick a frame to grind for and the Valkyr looked really loving sweet but I hear there's some quality of life stuff with her claws/abilities/insanely low shields that make her kind of unfun to play. Is this still true? Otherwise thinking of building a Rhino.

EDIT: Looking back a few pages seems to be a pretty common theme that she's not that great.

Valkyr has only no "good" powers and only one "fun" power (which is Ripline), as well as having the lowest shields in the game. Meanwhile Rhino has Iron Skin (one of the two best skills in the game) that make him invincible and immune to CC effects while it's up as well as a damage boost power and a pretty good AoE ultimate, making him one of the two best frames in the game and certainly the easiest frame for a new player.

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes

Operant posted:

She's better than the terrible pile of poo poo that is Nekros.

PSN ID(PS4): Steamshovel_Dan WiiU: Steamshovel (not playing it ATM)

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Golgozor posted:

She's better than the terrible pile of poo poo that is Nekros.

Nekros is the king of survival missions, if you wanna go beyond 50 min you need desecrate.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI

BarkingSquirrel posted:

Clan chat is awful on PS4. No one ever reads it, it really should be always visible.

As for grouping up, typically we all ninja invite one another or just jump in to whatever party is set up.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Sandweed posted:

It's really good, It's a mini Hek that takes pistol mods.

So its not as poo poo as the normal bronco then? I mean dual broncos was allright, but the single one was just a two shot mag.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Sandweed posted:

Nekros is the king of survival missions, if you wanna go beyond 50 min you need desecrate.

Nekros is the worst for survival because you'll be there for-loving-ever :geno:

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Prav posted:

Nekros is the worst for survival because you'll be there for-loving-ever :geno:

High level survival missions is the closest we get to endgame content, 4 ninjas vs the world. I guess that if you only want to play optimal and hate fun he's not very good.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

bald and fail II posted:

So its not as poo poo as the normal bronco then? I mean dual broncos was allright, but the single one was just a two shot mag.
It's 33% more damage and twice the magazine capacity as the normal bronco while reloading faster than the dual. It's no Brakk, but it's still a very solid gun.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Ess posted:

Nova's max level Molecular Prime is a thing of beauty when combined with stretch, flow, and that power optimization mod the name of which I forget. The only problem with it is that the damage the explosions deal seem to focus on the head, meaning that the Corpus infantry routinely survive the massive chain reactions. Not that they live long with the 200% damage modifier, but still.

I have found nova is great for chasing down targets in capture missions as well, because she is so speedy and her molecular prime reduces enemy movespeed by 50%.

During a Corpus Defense mission there was a Nova using Molecular Prime and every time they did me or the other goon I was with would run one of our Lokis into the middle of it and use Radial Disarm and it would kill everything. I think this was on Callisto, so maybe this wouldn't kill everything on higher levels, but if it didn't it would at least disarm the survivors.

My Rhino should be done cooking today, and I'll be putting a Nyx and Oberon in the oven during my lunch break. It seems weird to me, I went from having just Loki to having 5 frames in less than a week (also bought Vauban). It really helped move that all along since someone pointed out that you can sell blueprints a page or so ago, because I didn't realize that or didn't see where you could initially, and ended up making nearly 100k off Rhino blueprints and a few other spares.

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

Gestalt Intellect posted:

There's a list of everything orokin cells make here that you can use to decide.

The Seer's main problem is:

1. Not Hitscan

2. Reload time measured in eons (base reload is like, 3.0 seconds).

It needs both reload mods (the Nightmare one and the regular one) maxed to be of any real use, but once you get those two it's actually pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Is there a way to find out what planets have more people looking to do missions? The UI in this game is loving garbage. Frustrating waiting forever to try and find a party for the next mission I need to do.