Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!

Minidust posted:

Haha. I've been on the fence about the game too. I know there are some minigames that require you to put your controllers on the floor, and I'm the kind of weird germophobe that gets antsy about that sort of thing (same reason I haven't jumped on Sports Club Golf yet).

What's wrong with your floor? You and your friends hands are probably way dirtier and have exponentially more germs than a floor does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

bearbating is now adorable
I know I've posted about it a couple of times but just to put an end to the saga, EU release of Rune Factory 4 is officially cancelled. I'm sad :smith:

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009

Babby Sathanas posted:

I know I've posted about it a couple of times but just to put an end to the saga, EU release of Rune Factory 4 is officially cancelled. I'm sad :smith:

You and me both. One of the main reasons I got my 3ds in the first place was the good amount of obscure JRPGs available for it, now it seems if I want to play most of them I have to import another one from America.

I dont regret buying it because I love Bravely Default, Pokemon, Fire Emblem etc but it looks like EU will miss out on tons of good JRPGs for no good reason.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
So is there like no way for me to buy a game on the eShop if I don't have enough space? I'm trying to buy MH3U right now for my Wii U and it's not letting me get past the screen where it says I don't have enough space.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Nope!

Nintendo and Online!

Doug Dinsdale
Aug 31, 2003

Shorts
Comfy: {Yes}
Easy to Wear: {Yes}
Alright, we're good to go! :neckbeard:
...That's like wondering why I can't pump more gas into my car when the fuel tank's already full.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Doug Dinsdale posted:

...That's like wondering why I can't pump more gas into my car when the fuel tank's already full.

Except I'm ordering a hard drive so I can install more games and I want to buy it while it's on the sale so I can download it later. This is not a hard thing to understand, especially since it's a basic set and half of the basic set is eaten up by the install, you'd think you could buy it so you could download it later.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

Doug Dinsdale posted:

You download and install every single Steam game you purchase right after you purchase it?

cbirdsong
Sep 8, 2004

Commodore of the Apocalypso
Lipstick Apathy

Doug Dinsdale posted:

Perhaps you want to buy a game while it's on sale, but not download it quite yet, because you aren't done with some of the other games on the drive. Every other digital game shop allows you to do this without any issue. It's not a weird request.

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Doug Dinsdale posted:

It's a lot more like ordering dessert to go when you are already full from dinner.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

cbirdsong posted:

Perhaps you want to buy a game while it's on sale, but not download it quite yet, because you aren't done with some of the other games on the drive. Every other digital game shop allows you to do this without any issue. It's not a weird request.
A couple months of PS+ will really drive this point home. Can't imagine how fast I'd burn through my HDD if I installed every free game as soon I "purchased" it.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Sex_Ferguson posted:

So is there like no way for me to buy a game on the eShop if I don't have enough space? I'm trying to buy MH3U right now for my Wii U and it's not letting me get past the screen where it says I don't have enough space.

As a last ditch effort, if you have an empty usb key big enough to hold the data, you can plug it in just to let you get the store to purchase it. Obviously you wouldn't use it for actually playing anything on though.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

You download and install every single Steam game you purchase right after you purchase it?

I do.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Famicom Remix just got an update that fixes some unspecified bugs and adds Pro/CC Pro/sideways Wiimote controller support, so that's cool. I imagine the rest of the world will get the NES Remix update tomorrow, if it's not up already.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Probably fixes the pausing glitch, which allowed people to cheat their times.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Famicom Remix just got an update that fixes some unspecified bugs and adds Pro/CC Pro/sideways Wiimote controller support, so that's cool. I imagine the rest of the world will get the NES Remix update tomorrow, if it's not up already.

The patch is live in PAL-land, no idea about NA.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Not immediately relevant to most people, but Mighty Final Fight came out on the JP 3DS VC this week - it was never released for the Wii VC, so it's nice to see some fresh stuff in the pipeline. I imagine the rest of the world will get it soon enough, Capcon is (was?) relatively good about that sort of thing.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Not immediately relevant to most people, but Mighty Final Fight came out on the JP 3DS VC this week - it was never released for the Wii VC, so it's nice to see some fresh stuff in the pipeline. I imagine the rest of the world will get it soon enough, Capcon is (was?) relatively good about that sort of thing.

That game is awful, though. Capcom what are you doing putting out that and not Little Nemo. I'd guess licensing, but that thing's got to be public domain, right?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Hakkesshu posted:

That game is awful, though. Capcom what are you doing putting out that and not Little Nemo. I'd guess licensing, but that thing's got to be public domain, right?

From what I understand, the comic is public domain but the animated film that the games are based on is a separate license.

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

greatn posted:

Probably fixes the pausing glitch, which allowed people to cheat their times.

I hope they reset the leaderboards.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
DS Virtual Console! For Wii U! What?

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/library/events/140130/02.html

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

That's, er, what?

I bet those DS games are going to look awesome on a big screen TV.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

Hakkesshu posted:

That's, er, what?

I bet those DS games are going to look awesome on a big screen TV.

Ok so just to clear this up, we're all going "what", right? Because it's kind of a crazy reveal.

Fishylungs fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jan 30, 2014

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
Their handling of the VC so far has been horrible so I can't imagine this being that great.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Disargeria posted:

Their handling of the VC so far has been horrible so I can't imagine this being that great.

It might be pretty cool fifteen years down the line when there are thirty games to choose from.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

putting ds games, poo poo everyone and their mother plays already because everyone and their mother owns a 3ds, before putting GBA or N64 or GC games on

loving logical as hell

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

DarkHamsterlord posted:

It might be pretty cool fifteen years down the line when there are thirty games to choose from.

Thirty?

More like Ten at the pace they bring games to us at.

Doug Dinsdale
Aug 31, 2003

Shorts
Comfy: {Yes}
Easy to Wear: {Yes}
Alright, we're good to go! :neckbeard:
According to Iwata, they've figured out how to clear the technical hurdles for doing DS games on WiiU so they'll be adding DS titles sequentially.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Man predicting what the hell nintendo are going to from month to month must involve old forms of soothsaying or reading fish innards or tea leaves or something. Bizarre.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Doug Dinsdale posted:

According to Iwata, they've cleared the technical hurdles for doing DS games on WiiU so they'll be adding DS titles sequentially.

They should've put that effort towards putting more games out and getting N64 and GBA games ready to go.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
This isn't a bad thing, people.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

The more platforms Nintendo gets on VC the better. Long-term, I think one of the things they need to do is emphasize a digital library of games new and old that you carry with you between current and future platforms.

But it doesn't change that they need to smarten up about scheduling a faster rate of VC releases, getting N64/Genesis/GBA games up, and enabling cross-platform ownership.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

Supercar Gautier posted:

digital library of games new and old that you carry with you between current and future platforms.

Well they still haven't fixed that issue, you know!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

To be fair no console developer has. The best we're looking at is Playstation Now and they haven't even confirmed that will let you carry over your old PS3 games.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Quick, what's the best virtual console game that's not a platformer?

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

bushisms.txt posted:

Earthbound.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

bushisms.txt posted:

Earthbound?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Recca.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

bushisms.txt posted:

Earthbound

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Solomon's key