Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Captain Invictus posted:

That is one angry chromed chestface.

Angry? That face is totally :eek:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Arsenal_12 posted:

So there's in hand pictures of the First Edition movie Prime we saw a few weeks ago. It's a little bigger than ROTF Prime and MP10. It is also the ugliest transforming toy you will see today.

He really looks more like a super robot then a transformer.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Goddamn that thing is awful.

Prediction: Sells out super fast because "premium" Ends up at Goodwill within ~2 years.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Looks like Hasbro has started producing knockoffs of their own product!

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Gammatron 64 posted:

Maybe NECA will follow suit and make a really detailed RobertCop

Corn Glizzy fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Jan 28, 2014

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

The Rage posted:

Maybe NECA will follow suit and make a really deatailed RobertCop

On the bright side, I'm glad I don't like the Bay movies and don't buy toys from them.

The odd placing of the chrome (everywhere!) and simple transformation really does make him look like a knockoff, though. Minus the chrome, he could pass for a toy from the 80s\early 90s. That's an improvement at least!

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

I see double jointed elbows and ankle tilts, honestly. Like he can do the main pose every robot with a huge sword should be ABLE TO DO. Hell, if the knees are double-hinged too that could be a pretty great toy.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
I want to see that with a wash applied. It would probably look cool then. Unless the plastic quality is crap, I'm guessing it'll be a good toy, but what in my personal preference is a bad transformer.

Also, whoever took those photos did an excellent job of posing. They've got the limbs and sword positioned just right to hide almost all the kibble (plus 2 big panels from the earlier pictures are folded up and no longer visible.)

SpikeMcclane fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Jan 28, 2014

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Gammatron 64 posted:

It really kinda does look like an upscaled Robot Replica with a truck shell glued on its back. Just repulsive.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Angry? That face is totally :eek:

So that's what he does with the faces!

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Rei_ posted:

I see double jointed elbows and ankle tilts, honestly. Like he can do the main pose every robot with a huge sword should be ABLE TO DO. Hell, if the knees are double-hinged too that could be a pretty great toy.

And a sweet backpack, and some ankle weights. The true 80's Prime.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Arsenal_12 posted:

So there's in hand pictures of the First Edition movie Prime we saw a few weeks ago. It's a little bigger than ROTF Prime and MP10. It is also the ugliest transforming toy you will see today.

This is the ugliest piece of poo poo, god drat, I hope this isn't a sign of things to come with the TF4 line. I just wanted a decent Veyron. :smith:

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

Kapow were saying they're going to get 'some' in of that Optimus but leave AoE toys to a minimum seeing as they got burned hard on ROTF/DotM toys not selling for poo poo, and who can blame them. Also, quoting my own post:

"A friend was at UK ToyFair last week and she said the (what I assume to be) Grimlock toy is enormous, and 'his eyes light up blue when the truck guy sits on him, but red if the baddies are sat on him'. Take that as you will because she's not exactly a TF expert bless her, but gives me hope for the Dinobots. I'm not touching this (that Optimus toy above) though.

She said Hasbro were making a big thing about it but she didn't have much time there. I'll try and quiz her a bit more next time I see her.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Man, I hope that Leader Grimlock turned out better.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Goldskull posted:

"A friend was at UK ToyFair last week and she said the (what I assume to be) Grimlock toy is enormous, and 'his eyes light up blue when the truck guy sits on him, but red if the baddies are sat on him'. Take that as you will because she's not exactly a TF expert bless her, but gives me hope for the Dinobots. I'm not touching this (that Optimus toy above) though.

This could mean Grimlock will be with the Decepticons at first then joins the Autobots. Or there could be a scene where he gets pissed off because a Decepticon tries to ride him.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Not seen - Smokescreen, off camera, on a break having a cigarette. Probably.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Sentinel Red posted:

Not seen - Smokescreen, off camera, on a break having a cigarette. Probably.

If by "on a break" you mean "parked in front of the Keno machine".

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Phy posted:

If by "on a break" you mean "parked in front of the Keno machine".

Red Alert is clandestinely videotaping him from an undisclosed location because that's super suspicious.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
Alright, gents. We've got a mystery on our hands.

I just had something pop up on an preorder alert message from Big Bad Toy Store.

A preorder for a Generations 2014 case containing... Arcee and Chromia. This is pretty much the first time I've heard them being made and have found no pictures yet.

Anybody have any ideas if it might be a brand new mold?

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Also rattrap is up for preorder
Yeah some other dweebs are in the case but who cares, they have Rattrap.

Arcee will be your pink car Arcee probably, given the way they're doing things with the comic tie ins, there's liberties but unless the comic is about Arcee getting a new body it'll be somewhat like her comic form.

We've seen Chromia but just for one panel who knows what she turns into.
Man, two female transformers, three beast wars characters, and two or three triple changers based on how different you consider sandstorm and springer. It's been a good run.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Wow it's not often you see a US toy company pack that many of one female character in a case let alone two in those quantities. Also, series 3 and 5 but no sign of 4?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Zaa Boogie posted:

A preorder for a Generations 2014 case containing... Arcee and Chromia. This is pretty much the first time I've heard them being made and have found no pictures yet.

Anybody have any ideas if it might be a brand new mold?
There's a larger list of rumors here: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...e-find-tfs.html

So it's entirely possible there will be three female characters in generations this year. Pretty rad.

Still hoping Nautica gets a toy and turns into a truck though.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm still waiting on a Rung figure with "ornament" alt mode.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

To further add to the mystery pile, BBTS just sent me a notice about an MP-18 Bluestreak Exclusive Version, they have no clue on the deco or character it'll be. Is there a Tigertrack version of Bluestreak?

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/...ng&utm_content=

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

The Rage posted:

To further add to the mystery pile, BBTS just sent me a notice about an MP-18 Bluestreak Exclusive Version, they have no clue on the deco or character it'll be. Is there a Tigertrack version of Bluestreak?

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/...ng&utm_content=

Tribute to the mythical blue Bluestreak?

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Yeah judging from the time of release it's likely a Tokyo Toy Show exclusive so something based off the Diaclone version that spawned Blue Bluestreak seems a safe and easy bet. Though there's always toy accurate colours or maybe a version inspired by the original diaclone concept art but that's a long shot.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Spiderdrake posted:

There's a larger list of rumors here: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...e-find-tfs.html

So it's entirely possible there will be three female characters in generations this year. Pretty rad.

Still hoping Nautica gets a toy and turns into a truck though.

That's a pretty awesome list. Brainstorm! Sky-byte! Roadbuster!

With a name like Nautica, you'd think she would be a boat.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

With all of the offbeat characters we've been getting in Generations, I wouldn't be surprised to see Botanica show up within the next year or two.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Gammatron 64 posted:

That's a pretty awesome list. Brainstorm! Sky-byte! Roadbuster!

With a name like Nautica, you'd think she would be a boat.

Phy posted:

I hope, against expectation, that Nautica turns into a truck. Because she's not-a-car.

Secht
Oct 5, 2012
I just want a new Rodimus. A good one, please (not that I am complaining about the Animated figure), just one more in line with the aesthetics of 30th.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Secht posted:

I just want a new Rodimus. A good one, please (not that I am complaining about the Animated figure), just one more in line with the aesthetics of 30th.

Will you accept a Springer remold?

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Phy posted:

I hope, against expectation, that Nautica turns into a truck. Because she's not-a-car.

Well, with a name like Nautica, if she's not a boat, there's a good chance she turns into a polo shirt.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
If hasbro is keen on doing mtme, then I expect Pipes and First Aid will show up sooner or later.
That, and my dream of a voyager-sized Cosmos because that fucker is HUGE.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Gammatron 64 posted:

Well, with a name like Nautica, if she's not a boat, there's a good chance she turns into a polo shirt.

An old minivan!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Ka0 posted:

If hasbro is keen on doing mtme, then I expect Pipes and First Aid will show up sooner or later.
That, and my dream of a voyager-sized Cosmos because that fucker is HUGE.

Let's all hope for a KO Legends Cosmos that's voyager size.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

strangehamster posted:

Will you accept a Springer remold?

Yes. How many do you have planned? I'll buy them all thank you.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Pirates vs. Knights?!?!?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Tell me I don't want Perfect Effect Warden. It's too much money, but it looks so good.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Struggling with that to, but let's see...
- Its head mode is too large for the intended body.
- Its tank mode is incoherent.
- You can buy and mod the Kabaya kit of him that came out recently instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

strangehamster posted:

Pirates vs. Knights?!?!?

Somehow ninjas would have been less disappointing, which I really didn't think was possible.