Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

sicarius posted:

On the upside of all the crazy production is Champ vs. Xian should be a decent match.

Way to jinx it. Mike Ross is a Daigo in comparison to Scrub Champ here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.

sicarius posted:

Having been there and talking with them all weekend - there was no collusion. Rog was salty after the match and they were breaking down the matchup.

Either he pulled out ERyu because he wanted that matchup more or they're really great actors when it comes to collusion.

I don't seriously think it was collusion. I think it was probably a poor decision on Rog's part

Edit: Oh man this is eSports as gently caress.

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
That song was so awful.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

They seriously couldn't get any other US players? Oh man, fate of the world and Mike Ross/FChamp are the NA reps.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
Man I wish that Champ actually you know, played Street Fighter

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hahahahaha that is the saddest image, trying to make 500 dollars presentable in a open-suitcase.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Better US players that could've replaced Mike Ross and FChamp

Dieminion
PR Rog
Chris G
Sanford
Justin Wong

But Mike Ross is cool so good on him.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

They should replace Ryan Hart's face with "re-roll" at this point.

Roguelike
Jul 29, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER

HoneyBoy posted:

Better US players that could've replaced Mike Ross and FChamp

Dieminion
PR Rog
Chris G
Sanford
Justin Wong

But Mike Ross is cool so good on him.

You could throw a rock and hit a player that could've replaced either one. SnakeEyez, Valle, Latif, literally any member of team pie, that one guy in Texas who plays Hakan. Personally, I think they should have invited Happy Medicine.

Also looking at the prize structure, I hope those guys were smart enough to realize that there's way more money to be made at this point in losing to Xian then there is in beating him. Just look at this payout scheme, it would be a crime not to collude.

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

So wait, just by not having been in the first two rounds every one left gets at least $250?

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Sanford just posted on Facebook that he's off to Berlin for the ESGN thing.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Is this ESGN thing actually an elaborate parody?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Wha-- what was that winning pose screen? I'm not sure I ever want to see it again, but it's amusing in a sort of really lame college hype video?

The Biggest Jerk
Nov 25, 2012
I like this cause its giving me a 90's Nick Arcade type of feel for some reason.

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

violence is who I am, loser
Champ is one of America's strongest SF4 players and Dhalsim is loving terrible against most of the roster, don't confuse the two.

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

I loving love this.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

Mio Bison posted:

Champ is one of America's strongest SF4 players and Dhalsim is loving terrible against most of the roster, don't confuse the two.

He beat Daigo when he was Daigo - but the Ryu-Sim matchup is pretty good. When they squared off a year later Daigo's Yun stomped so very hard.

I actually would have really loved to see Champ tee off against Infiltration, if anything just to see how Infiltration handles the matchup. Sim v Gen was just ugly.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

When he beat Daigo, Sim was a much better character and Ryu was kinda meh. The next year with the new patch, Daigo beat Champ because Ryu got a buff on his low kick or something and Sim got a little nerfed.

So it's hard to judge, the problem is that Champ is in a bad spot for SS4 until Ultra comes out and Sim has a tool against focus-rushes.

ToiletDuckie
Feb 18, 2006

Saoshyant posted:

Wha-- what was that winning pose screen? I'm not sure I ever want to see it again, but it's amusing in a sort of really lame college hype video?

Reminds me of the endings to Epic Rap Battles of History.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Infiltrator just applauded with real enthusiasm on the 3-6.

Filipino Champ was so salty a while ago you could hear him punching the buttons hard in what appears to be a rather silent studio.

e: oh man, that Tasteless guy looks like the biggest goon dork ever.
e2: now there's a wheel to spin and 500€ in 20€ notes on a suitcase brought in by some lady trying to look the part of a booth babe. This event is something unique all right.

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jan 29, 2014

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Tae posted:

When he beat Daigo, Sim was a much better character and Ryu was kinda meh. The next year with the new patch, Daigo beat Champ because Ryu got a buff on his low kick or something and Sim got a little nerfed.
Champ beat Daigo's Ryu in their exhibition at NCR during AE. I believe it was 3-2 and took about 25 minutes. Then for the second part of the exhibition, Daigo switched to Yun and won 3-0 in about 5 minutes.

Don't think they've played in AE2012 but it'd probably be an easy win for Daigo with Champ's focus being on Marvel now. I wonder how seriously Champ will play in Ultra with the new Sim stuff.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

"I put my hands on the stick you know it's real!"

ShortThug
Dec 26, 2004

Yay!
Going to laugh when the last player picked is Infiltration and he wins one match for $25,000. That seems dumb?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

ShortThug posted:

Going to laugh when the last player picked is Infiltration and he wins one match for $25,000. That seems dumb?

Not really, because if he got that far without playing, that meant the other players constantly dodged the hardest player there and/or removed him from the wheel. It's to balance out that he doesn't get to play much.

Although the answer is Ryan Hart because he will somehow be the one man standing.

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

I would like gifs of all of these win poses.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
Oh goodness, this is so delightfully e-sports and dorky, the mood is only enhanced by one of the commentators being clearly not all that well versed in the game but admirably attempting to swing the lingo.

It's wonderfully cheesy. :kimchi:

Prowler
May 24, 2004

HoneyBoy posted:

Excellent, thanks for the gif.

And the commercial transitions and interviews. The way the commentators break down specific terms. It is bizzaro world fighting game community.

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart
I'm enjoying it. :shrug:

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

violence is who I am, loser

Super Rad posted:

He beat Daigo when he was Daigo - but the Ryu-Sim matchup is pretty good. When they squared off a year later Daigo's Yun stomped so very hard.

SF4 Ryu-Dhalsim has always been advantage Sim but you also have to mention that AE Yun vs Sim might be the worst matchup in any version. People like to describe any bad matchup as 6-4 or 8-2 or whatever but the only time I saw AE Sim take a round off of Yun was when Champ landed trade U1 into Super in that exhibition.

If you want to see some really slick/clever SF play from Champ find some videos of him against Viper, his style in that MU blew my mind the first time I saw it. Dude might be a dick but he's wayyy too smart.

Human
Jun 9, 2004

REAL HUMAN. SAFE TO APPROACH.

HoneyBoy posted:

I can't stop watching this gif. I guess I'm going to have to watch these later. Are there vods available?

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Mio Bison posted:

but the only time I saw AE Sim take a round off of Yun was when Champ landed trade U1 into Super in that exhibition.

To be fair this was like a week after AE came out on consoles and the only people in America who had experience vs Yun was Socal and the Yun was Marn and Daigo is fuckin Daigo. YHC Mochi has a pretty decent record vs Yuns in AE and in 2012, and it's still a pretty terrible matchup in 2012. Going by the sets Mochi and Kazunoko have ran it's 7-3.

Snicker-Snack
Jul 2, 2010
Fight Night again: http://www.twitch.tv/esgn_tv

Xian vs Alioune this time.

Doggboat
Oct 17, 2012
Tasteless calling knockdowns "bodied" is really confusing me.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

Doggboat posted:

Tasteless calling knockdowns "bodied" is really confusing me.

It's great because he's trying to match the hype and lingo of an actual seasoned FGC caster, but all the best actual FGC casters are the people that lost out of the first few rounds of the tournament anyways.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Death Bot posted:

It's great because he's trying to match the hype and lingo of an actual seasoned FGC caster, but all the best actual FGC casters are the people that lost out of the first few rounds of the tournament anyways.

Why are you so mean to Yipes.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Tae posted:

Why are you so mean to Yipes.

Was Yipes in this? I thought he doesn't play SF4.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Sire Oblivion posted:

You said FGC, thought you went that as the whole community.

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now

Sire Oblivion posted:

Yipes plays Bison. He definitely doesn't spend as much time playing it as Marvel but he plays.

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

Side bets even at the most eSports events.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Tae posted:

You said FGC, thought you went that as the whole community.

I didn't say anything.

Satorr posted:

Yipes plays Bison. He definitely doesn't spend as much time playing it as Marvel but he plays.

drat, I'm going to search up some of his matches then. I had no idea.