Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Put it on He-Man!

NOW.

Rhyno whats with the Challenger red title lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Rage posted:

Rhyno whats with the Challenger red title lol

I'm having a lover's spat over in AI.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
8 bit Predator hitting on spring:

I'm too weak to let this one pass (unless is convention exclusive)

Dammit NECA :negative:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I got the Figma Samus figure, holy poo poo is it fantastic. Like it's way, WAY better than I expected it to be, I'm seriously blown away by how well they nailed the sculpt and still make it mega-poseable.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Oct 6, 2014

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Xenomrph posted:

I got the Figma Samus figure, holy poo poo is it fantastic. Like it's way, WAY better than I expected it to be, I'm seriously blown away by how well they nailed the sculpt and still make it mega-poseable.

I've had the Samus for about 2 months now and I got the Link a week ago. Both are fantastic and I am really glad I got them both.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Djarum posted:

I've had the Samus for about 2 months now and I got the Link a week ago. Both are fantastic and I am really glad I got them both.

Ditto. The attention to detail, articulation, painting, and sculpts are all top notch. Well worth the price. Just waiting for Figma Pit now!

Cryptobotanist
Oct 23, 2005

Oh no... Poor me...

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

8 bit Predator hitting on spring:

I'm too weak to let this one pass (unless is convention exclusive)

Dammit NECA :negative:

Good news, everyone! he isn't a con exclusive!

You can preorder him on BBTS right now (probably some other places too)

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

And Figuarts Mario was just revealed for May!

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Cryptobotanist posted:

Good news, everyone! he isn't a con exclusive!

You can preorder him on BBTS right now (probably some other places too)

I wish Amazon did this. :(

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

NECA is milking the gently caress out of their NES line. I didn't even know people liked those games - Friday the 13th was a game most people played I think, it was ok and the reason they made that was because a fan did it and let them know. Now they are just pumping em out ( I think I even commented on this before ). Predator was a terrible loving game and no one looks fondly back on it. Even the Robocop NES figure they did - another poo poo game - but it's a easy repaint and they can sucker fans into buying it. Just seems lazy.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Bread Liar

Vintersorg posted:

NECA is milking the gently caress out of their NES line. I didn't even know people liked those games - Friday the 13th was a game most people played I think, it was ok and the reason they made that was because a fan did it and let them know. Now they are just pumping em out ( I think I even commented on this before ). Predator was a terrible loving game and no one looks fondly back on it. Even the Robocop NES figure they did - another poo poo game - but it's a easy repaint and they can sucker fans into buying it. Just seems lazy.

I think they're hoping to cash in on nostalgia alone regardless of how well liked the games were. Must be working if they're making more I guess.

On the Legends side of things, here's the case packouts for the second wave of Captain Legends figures:

Winter Soldier x 2
Black Widow x 1
Captain America Movie x 3
Red Skull x 1
Baron Zemo X 1

So, good luck finding a Widow or any of the army builders. gently caress you, Hasbro.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
I just want a Red Skull, but everywhere I go there's a sea of Caps. I found Boba Fett like 2 months ago, but that Red Skull...elusive guy.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Vintersorg posted:

I didn't even knew than Predator got a NES game but I wanna bought it because I'm a sucker for something different, the movie preds while nice got kind of boring fast since they look pretty much the same. So when they released this kind of crazy poo poo (Kenner wave, Dead End, Armored Lost)I'm just want to buy them since they're different :v:

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I didn't even knew than Predator got a NES game but I wanna bought it because I'm a sucker for something different, the movie preds while nice got kind of boring fast since they look pretty much the same. So when they released this kind of crazy poo poo (Kenner wave, Dead End, Armored Lost)I'm just want to buy them since they're different :v:

The NES Predator game is, uh, pretty out there. I'd watch a walk-through on YouTube first.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I'm just waiting for them to get to the Capcom AvP game. I want Dutch with a giant robot arm, drat it!

Cryptobotanist
Oct 23, 2005

Oh no... Poor me...

Vintersorg posted:

yeah I do agree. It was kinda neat with the Jason one, mainly because the Friday the 13th game is the best known of the "horror movie" games on the NES

But it's such an easy figure to make. They use a mold they've already made before and it's the easiest paint job.

But I dunno if it's so much suckering fans. Fans know exactly what they're getting and if you're a video game collector, they'd be nice pieces to have, I guess.

And to your first statement. No one liked those games. nobody. They were all bad. Hell the Friday the 13th game is remembered BECAUSE of how bad it was

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Sanschel posted:

I'm just waiting for them to get to the Capcom AvP game. I want Dutch with a giant robot arm, drat it!

I found customs of the Preds an they looked fantastic, so ones being made for Neca should've amazing.

I'm biased since I didn't like the movie but I don't understand the complaints about Neca posponing the AVP preds to made more concept series. The concept series are way more amazing than those uninspared (and chubby) preds.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Louisgod posted:

I think they're hoping to cash in on nostalgia alone regardless of how well liked the games were. Must be working if they're making more I guess.

On the Legends side of things, here's the case packouts for the second wave of Captain Legends figures:

Winter Soldier x 2
Black Widow x 1
Captain America Movie x 3
Red Skull x 1
Baron Zemo X 1

So, good luck finding a Widow or any of the army builders. gently caress you, Hasbro.

This is the worst case pack-out ever. Skull and Zemo should have been hydra and aim agents. There should be 2 widows since she has a godsdamn BAF piece.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Cryptobotanist posted:

And to your first statement. No one liked those games. nobody. They were all bad. Hell the Friday the 13th game is remembered BECAUSE of how bad it was

I kinda liked the Nightmare on Elm Street game but I'm aware I'm very much in the minority.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Ok, at lunch went out to get the Figma Samus since my local shop announced it and they are just down the street. Now, unless Hot Toys does a version - this is pretty much the definitive version of Samus. Holy poo poo. This is my first Figma figure but the quality for only $60 is ENORMOUS. The joints move perfectly and smoothly, the extra hands and gun parts come off with ease and stay on very strong. Tons of poses available and... wow, just perfect. I have never played Other M (and never will) but I don't think her look has changed much from Super Metroid.

It should also go well with my gunship from Prime 2 that I picked up a while ago. It's obv not to scale but in the SNES it never was. :shobon:

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Jan 29, 2014

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I just want a Red Skull, but everywhere I go there's a sea of Caps. I found Boba Fett like 2 months ago, but that Red Skull...elusive guy.

I saw two at TRU this morning. Be patient, he'll show up.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Micro-Mugs!

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Iron Giant Man

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Are those home sculpts? I've never seen a design like that and am too lazy and inept to google.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
Is anyone still trying to find a Black Cat? I snagged one tonight and the paint seems great. PM me or something.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

NotAnArtist posted:

Are those home sculpts? I've never seen a design like that and am too lazy and inept to google.

From what I understand its 3A's own design

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

Strippers are people too!

Rhyno posted:

Micro-Mugs!

These guys are sitting on my desk at work.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Old Man Pants posted:

These guys are sitting on my desk at work.

I love them, I hope they do a second set so I can get me a Hawkeye. With each update to this line I expect the next iteration will be Nano-Mugs.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Rhyno posted:

I love them, I hope they do a second set so I can get me a Hawkeye. With each update to this line I expect the next iteration will be Nano-Mugs.

Finally, action figures I can inject directly into my bloodstream.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

As an update, this thing is loving glorious!

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

That Samus looks pretty sweet, chief. Where are people ordering the figma stuff from? BBTS, local stores?

This thread is really bad for challenging my 'no more plastic action mans' side :smith:

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

I ran into the Spider-Man legends figures for the first time last night. It took all of my willpower to resist picking up ASM2, Superior and Carnage. That Carnage figure is really nice, but I was a little upset that he didn't include an axe-hand (if he had, I would've snagged him). One thing I didn't realize was that there is a Julia Carpenter version of Spider-Woman in that wave. I haven't seen much talk about her--how rare is she, and is the figure any good?

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.

Agrias120 posted:

I ran into the Spider-Man legends figures for the first time last night. It took all of my willpower to resist picking up ASM2, Superior and Carnage. That Carnage figure is really nice, but I was a little upset that he didn't include an axe-hand (if he had, I would've snagged him). One thing I didn't realize was that there is a Julia Carpenter version of Spider-Woman in that wave. I haven't seen much talk about her--how rare is she, and is the figure any good?

It's supposed to be a late wave alternate. They apparently have a poor track record of producing them this far. The figure has not been mass produced yet.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

She's not out yet, she'll be a running change.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Agrias120 posted:

Any chance on grabbing that carnage if it's still there?

Red posted:

Finally, action figures I can inject directly into my bloodstream.

Well I found these at Target last night. Micro Muggs single boxed. They were 2.99 each. The box was on the slanted shelf under the new spiderman display.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

DrChud posted:

Any chance on grabbing that carnage if it's still there?

I can swing by tomorrow and check to see if they've still got it!