Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Little Blue Couch
Oct 19, 2007

WIRED FOR SOUND
AND
DOWN FOR WHATEVER

DiggityDoink posted:

In what world is Arden a nice, upscale mall? Were you maybe thinking about the Galleria? Sorry for regional chat but that just made me laugh.

I live right around the corner, it's totally nice! The surrounding area is a loving nightmare but the mall itself is nice.

Anyway whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about
If that's not a photoshop, I assume it's from the Reefer Madness era?

Part of Everything
Feb 1, 2005

He clenched his teeh and walked out of the study

I fell in love with Amusing Duck years ago and made it my quest to find it. I finally tracked down the convenience store in Toronto where the original person who discovered it bought it, but any stock they might have had was long gone. I'm pretty sure the clerk thought I was crazy in my attempt to describe it.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Man Whore posted:

Shamelessly stolen from some guy on tumblr.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUBM74bFHZ0

edit: I know we're supposed to describe youtube links but seriously it's a 3 second long audio clip.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Captain Trips posted:

If that's not a photoshop, I assume it's from the Reefer Madness era?
I'm pretty sure that is from the Reefer Madness era but also a Seanbaby edit.

Literally Esoteric
Jun 13, 2012

One final, furious struggle...then a howl of victory

Dooky Dingo posted:

Yeah... except Phil Robertson didn't actually say anything homophobic or sexist or racist. Or, honestly, anything derogatory at all. Here is the actual quote from GQ magazine.

Please show me where any of what he said was slander against a gay person. Or even mean spirited. He didn't even say it on the show.
And, according to Christianity, homosexuality is a sin. As a matter of fact, sodomy is a sin and is also illegal in some states but that rule has been out for, oh, I don't know, 4,000 years or something. Why act upset about it now?

Now, as for the black comments, the guys comes from a very rural area with a very rural upbringing. He never once said that he didn't like black people or that they were criminals. He said that, before welfare and "pre-entitlement", they were happier than they are now. Is he right? I don't know, I don't really care. But the guy is allowed to have an opinion.
He didn't slander, he didn't demean, he didn't cry out for their blood on the alter, so why are people acting so INCENSED?
Most of the people who lash out about this didn't even READ the comment. :rant:

To be honest, I can't tell if you're serious of if this is some goddamn GBS 2.0 irony spilling over into PYF.
So I'll just assume you're being genuine and spell this poo poo out for you real quick:

First, don't act like other people didn't read the comment when you intentionally skipped the worst parts while posting it here.
Second, treating people like their very existence is a sin is wrong. It doesn't matter what your religion says, slavery is wrong. It doesn't matter what your religion says, bigotry is wrong. It doesn't matter what your religions says, treating gays like their sexuality is 'sinful' is not an ok way to treat other human beings.
Third, the world moves forward. Right now you get to practice being OK with gay people because we are moving forward whether you like it or not, so don't whine about how things were 4000 years ago, unless you really think things were better back then (they weren't).
Fourth, don't even try to defend what he said about blacks. Aside from the fact that he has no idea what he's talking about (and he's wrong by the way), what he's repeating are lovely 'slavery was great for black people' talking points from FOX News. If my family had been enslaved and some rear end in a top hat went on TV and said "your family was so happy and carefree back when a man controlled and owned their very lives and had the right to buy, sell, starve, beat, rape, and kill them at will" I'd be a little upset too.
And fifth, pretending you know what minorities have to deal with when you have no perspective and no experience IS demeaning, so have a little humility and stop getting upset when a moron gets told he's a moron. It may be amateur hour for you talking about poo poo you don't understand here on funny internet forums, but this dillweed acted the fool on national TV, so he's gonna get made fun of. That's how it works.

A Fucker IRL
Jan 25, 2014

by Baldo di Gregorio

Literally Esoteric posted:

To be honest, I can't tell if you're serious of if this is some goddamn GBS 2.0 irony spilling over into PYF.
So I'll just assume you're being genuine and spell this poo poo out for you real quick:

First, don't act like other people didn't read the comment when you intentionally skipped the worst parts while posting it here.
Second, treating people like their very existence is a sin is wrong. It doesn't matter what your religion says, slavery is wrong. It doesn't matter what your religion says, bigotry is wrong. It doesn't matter what your religions says, treating gays like their sexuality is 'sinful' is not an ok way to treat other human beings.
Third, the world moves forward. Right now you get to practice being OK with gay people because we are moving forward whether you like it or not, so don't whine about how things were 4000 years ago, unless you really think things were better back then (they weren't).
Fourth, don't even try to defend what he said about blacks. Aside from the fact that he has no idea what he's talking about (and he's wrong by the way), what he's repeating are lovely 'slavery was great for black people' talking points from FOX News. If my family had been enslaved and some rear end in a top hat went on TV and said "your family was so happy and carefree back when a man controlled and owned their very lives and had the right to buy, sell, starve, beat, rape, and kill them at will" I'd be a little upset too.
And fifth, pretending you know what minorities have to deal with when you have no perspective and no experience IS demeaning, so have a little humility and stop getting upset when a moron gets told he's a moron. It may be amateur hour for you talking about poo poo you don't understand here on funny internet forums, but this dillweed acted the fool on national TV, so he's gonna get made fun of. That's how it works.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwYRFYYQtdI

Dooky Dingo posted:

As a matter of fact, sodomy is a sin and is also illegal in some states

What's this "fact" you speak of?

a) Sodomy laws were struck down by the Supreme Court over a decade ago:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawrence_v._Texas

b) Sin isn't factual; it's a subjective religious construct.

\/\/\/Still not "illegal in some states" the way it was before 2003.

sticklefifer has a new favorite as of 12:51 on Jan 30, 2014

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
It's not completely true that sodomy laws were totally struck down by Lawrence. Lawrence is a complex and very limited ruling that has some legitimate constitutional issues which weaken it. Sodomy between consenting gay partners in the privacy of their home, sure. But the are several exceptions involving the military, positions of power (even if over the age of consent), solicitation, and sentence enhancements for other crimes based on engaging in sodomy. In those cases, the exceptions have been applied to heterosexuals as well as homosexuals.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Hexyflexy posted:

almost ended up placing an order for a shipping container of them.
Why does this sound like the plot to an episode of a 1990's sitcom?
code:
FADE IN:

INT. HEXY FAMILY HOME, LIVING ROOM - DAY

JAN
          Honey, I don't know why you went through all that trouble to
          find a silly toy duck.

HEXY
          Because it's funny!  You wouldn't know funny if it goose'd ya!

HEXY chases JAN around the COFFEE TABLE, trying to pinch her BEHIND.

JULIA 
                             (staring at camera)
          Dad is SUCH a weirdo.

A loud KNOCK at the DOOR is heard.

HEXY
          That must be my AMUSING DUCK!

HEXY opens the door and ASIAN BUISNESSMAN steps in.  ASIAN BUSINESSMAN
hands HEXY a CLIPBOARD.

ASIAN BUSINESSMAN
          Herro!  Prease sign here!  Go much fast!

HEXY
          Wow, you got here quick!  Did you come all the way from asia?

JAN
          Oh, dear, just sign the paper and let's see this duck toy
          already.  I gotta go play bridge with the girls at three!

HEXY scribbles on the PAPER.  ASIAN BUSINESSMAN bows and exits.

HEXY
          Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!

ASIAN BUSINESSMEN enter, carrying multiple AMUSING DUCK TOYS.  They
place them on various surfaces in the LIVING ROOM and leave,
returning with more.

HEXY
          This isn't what I wanted!

FADE OUT, ROLL CREDITS

GOTTA STAY FAI has a new favorite as of 15:48 on Jan 29, 2014

Ouzo On Ice
Jun 21, 2005
Queen Elizabeth really has that Emperor Palpatine thing going on. UNLIMITED POWWWERRR!!!

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010

Thank you for saying all the things I wanted to say, better than I could have said them.

MrSaturn
Sep 8, 2004

Go ahead, laugh. They all laugh at first...

Part of Everything posted:

I fell in love with Amusing Duck years ago and made it my quest to find it. I finally tracked down the convenience store in Toronto where the original person who discovered it bought it, but any stock they might have had was long gone. I'm pretty sure the clerk thought I was crazy in my attempt to describe it.

Hello.

e: brilliant

MrSaturn has a new favorite as of 19:45 on Jan 29, 2014

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

MrSaturn posted:

Hello.

e: gently caress amazon links. Go there though.

it wasn't amazon's fault

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Thank you, you beautiful person :) all these points, and the fact that religious hypocrisy happens daily because some of the fanatically religious like to bend/break/misinterpret/take out of context specific rules in order to cover their own asses, makes all of this much, much better.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007
This entire argument needs to move to the macro thread so I can properly express my feelings with reaction memes and gifs.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
It's a tough situation because while bigotry is obviously wrong, discriminating against somebody's religious beliefs (and losing your job because you voiced them) is also kinda lovely. Even if you and most of civilized society is shifting towards the opposite beliefs, I feel like the old saying "I don't agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it" might apply here. Censorship can be just as damaging to a society as bigotry.

Trainmonk
Jul 4, 2007

BANME.sh posted:

It's a tough situation because while bigotry is obviously wrong, discriminating against somebody's religious beliefs (and losing your job because you voiced them) is also kinda lovely. Even if you and most of civilized society is shifting towards the opposite beliefs, I feel like the old saying "I don't agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it" might apply here. Censorship can be just as damaging to a society as bigotry.

Nah shut up.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
Yeah I immediately regret careposting in the PYF pics thread. Please probate me

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

BANME.sh posted:

This is the most inane middle-school debate level conversation I've been witness to since, well, middle school. "Bigotry is bad" "Censorship is bad". Wow, what controversial stances to take.

made of bees
May 21, 2013
We already have a nice long thread in DnD for Phil Duckburg and Obama's ongoing genocide of conservative Christians.

Gnarly Bae Jepsen
Jul 12, 2007

Manic Pixie Dick Girl

Kaizoku posted:

This is the most inane middle-school debate level conversation I've been witness to since, well, middle school. "Bigotry is bad" "Censorship is bad". Wow, what controversial stances to take.

Perhaps the answer....is somewhere in the middle?

e: posted a gif, but that's a no go, so have this pic instead.

Gnarly Bae Jepsen has a new favorite as of 20:35 on Jan 29, 2014

ILL ON PZONES
Oct 13, 2013

Kaizoku posted:

"For The Cure"

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013

ILL ON PZONES posted:

"For The Cure"

I know the point of the original image post was to point out that the ribbon looks more like a P than an O, making it say "We're all herpes", but this post also brings up the terrible nature of the Komen foundation and Susan Komen as a person.

They actually trademarked "For The Cure", and aggressively sue anyone who tries to use the phrase in their own campaigns.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Captain Trips posted:

I know the point of the original image post was to point out that the ribbon looks more like a P than an O, making it say "We're all herpes", but this post also brings up the terrible nature of the Komen foundation and Susan Komen as a person.

Susan Komen the person died in 1980. Never had a thing to do with the organization or it's controversies.

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

BooDoug187 posted:

I didn't know Neil Diamond was in the Olympics!

He is, he said.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I didn't realise that movie came out in 3D.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

The Lone Badger posted:

I didn't realise that movie came out in 3D.
That's 4D. Big puffs of air that simulate kicks.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Kaizoku posted:

That looks EXACTLY like a bar near me.

I realize there's not much to go on, but the bar has that same color wood, the chairs looks about right, and that green painted wall behind the liquor is spot on.

Probably not it, though...

Anyway, have something funny:

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013

Beatnik-Filmstar posted:

Susan Komen the person died in 1980. Never had a thing to do with the organization or it's controversies.

Never knew that. Whoever the CEO is, then, she's the horrible person.

Fake edit: Wikipedia says it's her sister.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Captain Trips posted:

They actually trademarked "For The Cure", and aggressively sue anyone who tries to use the phrase in their own campaigns.
Maybe they shouldn't have trademarked in the first place, but I'm really tired of seeing people saying "they keep going after people for using their trademark!" for various organizations.

You're legally required to do that or you lose the trademark.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

theflyingorc posted:

Maybe they shouldn't have trademarked in the first place, but I'm really tired of seeing people saying "they keep going after people for using their trademark!" for various organizations.

You're legally required to do that or you lose the trademark.

This is sort of a special case, in that they are actively preventing other people who will actually donate more than 22% of their donation revenue to curing breast cancer from using that fact in any advertising slogans.

The Susan G Komen foundation isn't actually that bad as far as charities go, that fact aside. They take in enough money yearly that they still donate quite a bit towards research and they are generally highly rated.

The Schwa
Jul 1, 2008

Fame Throwa posted:

Welp, looks like they cancelled my state.

Do you have a source for this? A friend from MN wants to know :)

DaveSauce
Feb 15, 2004

Oh, how awkward.

The Schwa posted:

Do you have a source for this? A friend from MN wants to know :)

Looks like the Star Tribune: http://www.startribune.com/video/242245491.html

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Lawlicaust posted:

It's not completely true that sodomy laws were totally struck down by Lawrence. Lawrence is a complex and very limited ruling that has some legitimate constitutional issues which weaken it. Sodomy between consenting gay partners in the privacy of their home, sure. But the are several exceptions involving the military, positions of power (even if over the age of consent), solicitation, and sentence enhancements for other crimes based on engaging in sodomy. In those cases, the exceptions have been applied to heterosexuals as well as homosexuals.

Sodomy is actually more broadly defined than just anal sex (or homosexual sex). It includes oral, manual, and, sometimes, sex not for pro-creation.

It's fun and cool to engage in sodomy. Fight the power!

Fernhill
Oct 28, 2013

Help! The thread is being sodomized!

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Ferrule posted:

Sodomy is actually more broadly defined than just anal sex (or homosexual sex). It includes oral, manual, and, sometimes, sex not for pro-creation.

It's fun and cool to engage in sodomy. Fight the power!
I thought it had something to do with being inhospitable shithead and not taking care of the poor, but what do I know.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

Forgall posted:

I thought it had something to do with being inhospitable shithead and not taking care of the poor, but what do I know.

A local flame effects guy actually made one of these a couple of years ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvjoazrqT0A (fire "instinguisher" igniting some firecrackers) :flame:

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Rammstein used to have a stage show back when their setups first started to be put up by Roy Bennett where Lindemann would set the drummer Schneider on fire (in a fire suit), and he'd play for a minute or two. Then he'd stand up when he "couldn't put the fire out" and Lindemann or Kruspe would rush offstage and come back with a fire extinguisher to put him out, except it sprayed fire instead of retardant and he turned into a massive fireball.

Rammstein concerts are awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
I believe you're going to have to link us a gif of this.

• Locked thread