Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

:suicide:

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Good, pile on the pressure for him to save your season that he buckles and flops

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQFvrwfFrU4

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Spam
Nov 28, 2010
On Cabaye

quote:

Good bye to the most creative french midfield player in my generation. He has been a pleasure to watch, a steal for 4 million. Plus making 20mill profit is not a bad turn around. I hope we reinvest but lets be honest, he scored against the makems, twice in two wins over man u and was one good looking bloke! God Bless Yohan.

On Messi

quote:

Lad have talent, there is no denying it. But take him away from Barcelona, from the likes of Xavi and Iniesta; and I have no doubt he flops. This is why Ronaldo will always be the better player. He doesn't have to rely on his team mates for all his goals.

quote:

FSG must think us supporters are stupid!! They have spent a meagre £80M (Net Spend) in 4 years. This is not spending of a top European club. We are constantly linked with cast offs and players that are not proven at the top level. With this kind of attitude, we will not reach the heights that their predecessors have had. Everyone said that they saved us, but did they really? We are being run as a business only and not as a business/football club looking to win honours. The sooner we rid ourselves of everything American the better!!!!!!

quote:

Yes.. I'm am an Arsenal fan, but an honest one too! I think Wenger does moan sometimes BUT on this instance... he made Jose look silly.. Jose is trying to do a Ferguson mind games but it is just didn't work... Arsene has just told you the facts done by another company, I like the fact that he said he does not deal with opinions..that is the only way to shut Jose up...Jose also knows that Arsenal typically always turn up the heating at the second half of the season, so just trying to unsettle the team.. I am not saying we are going too win the league but there is a possibility and Jose want's to ruin that too but Arsene too smart for that! I just hope Mata going to Man Utd will be the worst decision Chelsea have made!!!:)

Spam fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Jan 28, 2014

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Not even close to the right thread

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

blue footed boobie posted:

Not even close to the right thread

Yeah I love it too but people get upset at Arsenal Postin' in the other thread.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Eboracum posted:

If it was more gifs like that and less reiterations of Podolski giving a thumbs up, that reaction might change.

Plus, who really cares?

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Eboracum posted:

if you read the arsenal posters and their collection of arsenal players doing "wacky" things in pictures thread you need help IMO

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RppGiFcTKvs

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Spam posted:

On Cabaye

On Messi

These all seem quite reasonable, especially the Liverpool one.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

this really owns

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

wrong thread

right thread

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

eh.....still wrong thread.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

jre posted:

wrong thread

right thread

Ahahaha Celtic fans are loving deranged

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

Bizarre title to this thread, i agree. But having mulled over the game for a solid day or so now, and thought about the result in a every angle imaginable, i've finally come to the conclusion that losing 4 nil to them ********s is actually exactly what we needed! In fact, i'd like to thank Liverpool FC for inspiring us to finish in 4th place this season and in doing so claim a spot in the European Champions League, and here's why.

Going back to the Arsenal game, the match which really made people stand up and take notice, the match which made pundits actually believe Everton are worthy of Champions League football, we were superb on the day. It proved that we really do have a manager and players 100% capable of finishing Everton top of the league, as isn't that exactly what Arsenal are? They didn't play bad. We were just awesome. And we most certainly at least matched them on that day!!! We izarre title to this thread, i agree. But having mulled over the game for a solid day or so now, and thought about the result in a every angle imaginable, i've finally come to the conclusion that losing 4 nil to them ********s is actually exactly what we needed! In fact, i'd like to thank Liverpool FC for inspiring us to finish in 4th place this season and in doing so claim a spot in the European Champions League, and here's why.

Going back to the Arsenal game, the match which really made people stand up and take notice, the match which made pundits actually believe Everton are worthy of Champions League football, we were superb on the day. It proved that we really do have a manager and players 100% capable of finishing Everton top of the league, as isn't that exactly what Arsenal are? They didn't play bad. We were just awesome. And we most certainly at least matched them on that day!!! We had become potential title contenders!!

Now, since that game if we look at our performances, the only word which springs to mind is COMPLACENCY! Yes, we beat Fulham 4-1, but not only are they worse than awful, they actually gave us a scare and could easily have gotten back into it. Why? COMPLACENCY! We then went off as cocky as anything, in our last game to complete an entire year without a home defeat, and we lose to the team bottom of the premiership. Again, not because of a lack of quality, but due to utter complacency. We beat Swansea, Southampton and Norwich with, lets face it, less than dazzling performances (not bad, but not great), while we barely managed a last minute draw against a Stoke side that "the pool" smashed 5 past. Moreover, we drew against West Brom in a game in which we looked totally awesome in the first half but then conceded poorly again thanks to a second half display which once again exuded total and utter complacency!

Now, last night. The night which made all us blues suffer an acute dose of severe depression. The reason we lost?... A GIGANTIC FOOTBALLING BIOFILM FILLED WITH ABSOLUTE COMPLACENCY!!!... We went out there wearing boots that were clearly several sizes too small for us, we jogged and pranced about, and we conceded 4 goals which could easily have been more against the ONE TEAM we really can't deal with being beaten by, especially beaten BAD by.

The implications of such a defeat on our fans', our players' and our manager's psyche against any other team would have some effect of course, but losing to Liverpool like that will stay with us until the very moment we exact our revenge! Before every game we play now until the end of this season, we will remember. We will not forget! COMPLACENCY AND EVERTON WILL NO LONGER COINCIDE! We will go into every game now knowing the only way we can get our vengeance, is by finishing ahead of those <insert expletive here> in the league. And then we will finish ahead of them again, and again, AND AGAIN until losing 4 nil last night becomes a long and distant memory that we will all look back on fondly as the game that kicked us up the rear end and drove us on to glory!!!

I feel bad for Villa. I feel bad for any team that has to play us between now and the end of the season. Because as of today Everton are back!!!

Everton lost 5 nil to Liverpool at Goodison Park in 1982. History has a tendency to repeat itself. Look how Everton got on in the 80s after that. Everton wanted vengeance then and by God we will want vengeance now.

So i'll say one last time, thank you Liverpool FC for now ridding us of that one thing that was holding us back.. complacency! You have unleashed the Everton revenge seeking beast! And we will get it! We will finish ahead you and we will one day in the not so distant future win that one trophy you just wish you could your hands on. Give us a few years with this manager and this core group of players and we will win the premiership before you. Oh yes, revenge will be sweet! And you only have yourselves to blame!

COME ON YOU BLUE BOYS!!!

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders
im still awaiting the release of the Arsenal revenge seeking beast

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

a gigantic footballing biofilm

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Everton will finish 7th, maybe lower next season.

pdog
May 7, 2013

Frankston posted:

Everton will finish 7th, maybe lower next season.

What if they permanently sign Big Lacina as a replacement for Big Rom

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Traore just joined Monaco, he's not staying at Everton

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMKfV4TU1kI

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I loving hate that somebody sat down and made this,

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
I agree to let him go on loan...Been saying that for a month now....He's a huge confidence player and when things starts poorly for him, they usually get worse before things get better....I think this year at Sunderland is a lost cause..The sooner is leaves, the better.

Than you have the vicious abuse he's been receiving at the SOL which has got to be messing up with his head....Having to hear your own team supporters mocking you and jeering/booing you has got to be the worst feeling for a footballer...

Tens of thousands of mackem at the SOL jeering and mocking Altidore every saturday at the end of every match at the SOL, even when he only plays a few minutes, is really freaking Jozy out and giving him nightmare at night, I'm sure.

I hope his people can engineer a loan move to either the championship or back to Holland before the WC...Hopefully, he can score a few goals there and get his mind right before the big tournament...If not, then Klinsmann will need to consider Johansson as our main striker for Brazil.

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

Eboracum posted:

his people

wow

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013

FFS, that opening graphic

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!

Hallowed Turban posted:

FFS, that opening graphic
I love a 20 second intro that is both pointless and terrible... said nobody ever.

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013
Yes I would say it's Redundant haha

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

As a Chelsea fan, I cant stop laughing at this! Anyone who follows English football may appreciate this :)

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
Great game. It just goes to show how important power and height are in the modern game. More and more games are being decided by strength and headers, which is great to see.

I suppose that the game is evolving and it is only natural that the dominant players are getting taller and stronger. It also illustrates clearly how smaller players like Messi and Xavi etc can never be considered as truly great players.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
http://www.redcafe.net/threads/how-are-you-guys-dealing-with-all-this.383820/

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

I'm seeing a psychiatrist and taking some sleeping tablets for the night time.....It's worse at night...All I can hear is "move on, try win the next game" anytime the wind blows against my window pane

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Ninpo posted:

I'm seeing a psychiatrist and taking some sleeping tablets for the night time.....It's worse at night...All I can hear is "move on, try win the next game" anytime the wind blows against my window pane

I broke out on the drink again last night and that's after been dry for 12 years. Feck it anyways.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Really well. I still think this is my favourite season supporting United. I'm still annoyed when we lose, but less annoyed than when we were good and expected to win. Now I see the positives - that when we do come back, how nice it'll be to remind everyone of this spell. How much sweeter it'll all be for this period. The longer it goes on, the better the end result.

On that note, come on Fulham!

The Clit Avoider
Aug 11, 2002

El Profesional

vyelkin posted:

Really well. I still think this is my favourite season supporting United. I'm still annoyed when we lose, but less annoyed than when we were good and expected to win. Now I see the positives - that when we do come back, how nice it'll be to remind everyone of this spell. How much sweeter it'll all be for this period. The longer it goes on, the better the end result.

On that note, come on Fulham!

Confusion2005 spotting?!

Pantsuit
Oct 28, 2013

man united tears are glorious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

quote:

It will be like winning a trophy if we get in.

Yes yes yessssssssssss.