Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...
Man, is that host guy really wearing a red bowtie with purple pants?

e: Holy crap, Alioune's cammy.

LogicNinja fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Jan 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Good matches.

Those post match poses are still beautifully awkward.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

Sire Oblivion posted:

I didn't say anything.

drat, I'm going to search up some of his matches then. I had no idea.

He also used to play a sick Abel, before Abel completely fell off the map.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

God, Alioune is destroying the world champion while using a controller.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
Playing on pad isn't a disadvantage. He's one of the three best players in Europe and he's playing the best character in the game, of course he could beat anybody in the world if he plays well.

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...
e: wrong thread

LogicNinja fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jan 30, 2014

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

LogicNinja posted:

Aw sweet, elephant lair ending, randart boots: boots of the Spheres {+Blink +Inv SInv}
...The -5 Boots of the Spheres {+Blink +Inv SInv}. Goddammit Crawl.

Cammy's double damage rune activated because she got the first hit of the game.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

LogicNinja posted:

Aw sweet, elephant lair ending, randart boots: boots of the Spheres {+Blink +Inv SInv}

poo poo, -5 boot on hit? That sounds AWFUL.

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

Oops!

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Eh, Cammy gonna Cammy.

All the stuff with Xian where he talks about MadCatz is a bit sad.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

LogicNinja posted:

Yo which one of the new characters has that ending?

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

Lord Chumley posted:

Yo which one of the new characters has that ending?

Dhalsim, obvs.

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
I break girls in like baseball gloves

Hypocrisy posted:

Eh, Cammy gonna Cammy.

Yea, not trying to take anything away from the guy, but this.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Sire Oblivion posted:

drat, I'm going to search up some of his matches then. I had no idea.
There were a couple of bigger tournaments that Yipes did well at with Abel in Super. East Coast Throwdown 2 where he got t-5th and Road to Evo 2 where he got 2nd. The ECT2 matches are up on http://www.youtube.com/user/FrameAdvantageDotCom and the Road to Evo 2 matches are on http://www.youtube.com/user/AkumaHokoru

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

Death Bot posted:

It's great because he's trying to match the hype and lingo of an actual seasoned FGC caster, but all the best actual FGC casters are the people that lost out of the first few rounds of the tournament anyways.

Please stop saying caster it's not a real word there's already a word for commentators it's commentator maybe you've heard of it, it doesn't have anything to do with wizards tho

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

Or call them esportscasters.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

brian posted:

Please stop saying caster it's not a real word there's already a word for commentators it's commentator maybe you've heard of it, it doesn't have anything to do with wizards tho

I'm just enchanted whenever Yipes comes on mic tho... :swoon:

sicarius
Dec 12, 2002

In brightest day,
In blackest night,
My smugface makes,
women wet....

That's how it goes, right?
Dear lord, Tasteless' commentary on fighting games is AWFUL. He obviously knows next to nothing about the games and says random words he's picked up from his 2 hours of research.

He's like the people I work with when talking about computers.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

sicarius posted:

Dear lord, Tasteless' commentary on fighting games is AWFUL. He obviously knows next to nothing about the games and says random words he's picked up from his 2 hours of research.

He's like the people I work with when talking about computers.

So far my favorite thing is how he switches back and forth between saying "Gen" and "Jen". :laugh:

Snicker-Snack
Jul 2, 2010

sicarius posted:

He's not very knowleageble about competitive SF4 but he's definitely been enjoying casual fighting game for years. I remember about 3 years ago Day9 was doing a daily he made a joke about how Tasteless played Blanka because it was the only character that could use cannons. :rimshot:

Day9 also used to use the nick "Striderdoom" and loves MvC2, so they're both not entirely unfamiliar with fighting games.

sicarius
Dec 12, 2002

In brightest day,
In blackest night,
My smugface makes,
women wet....

Snicker-Snack posted:

He's not very knowleageble about competitive SF4 but he's definitely been enjoying casual fighting game for years. I remember about 3 years ago Day9 was doing a daily he made a joke about how Tasteless played Blanka because it was the only character that could use cannons. :rimshot:

Day9 also used to use the nick "Striderdoom" and loves MvC2, so they're both not entirely unfamiliar with fighting games.

Being "familiar" with fighting games doesn't make you a good commentator. I'm probably MORE familiar than Tasteless (I know it's Gen, not Jen) and I still wouldn't commentate at KiT because I knew I didn't know enough.

Snicker-Snack
Jul 2, 2010

sicarius posted:

Being "familiar" with fighting games doesn't make you a good commentator. I'm probably MORE familiar than Tasteless (I know it's Gen, not Jen) and I still wouldn't commentate at KiT because I knew I didn't know enough.

I'm not arguing that he's a good SF4 caster, just saying that it's not like he made 2 hours of research and called it a day.

sicarius
Dec 12, 2002

In brightest day,
In blackest night,
My smugface makes,
women wet....

Snicker-Snack posted:

I'm not arguing that he's a good SF4 caster, just saying that it's not like he made 2 hours of research and called it a day.

Fair enough. Maybe I was being overly dickish.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Tasteless was at least learning and improving a little between episodes though. That's good enough for me.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Gen might need to trip her to stand a chance.

Oh with a sweet divekick and she's bodied, nice keepaway Jen!

Good deflection on the grab by Cammy.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The problem is Gootecks who keeps derailing and tasteless is honestly trying to pay attention to the game. Get someone like...I dunno, Combofiend. gently caress, I'd even take Magus.

Maybe.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Tae posted:

The problem is Gootecks who keeps derailing and tasteless is honestly trying to pay attention to the game. Get someone like...I dunno, Combofiend. gently caress, I'd even take Magus.

Maybe.

Explaining things for new players is important and I'm glad gootecks tries to do it even if he's not the most efficient at it.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Why are all you watching then? In the end all you're doing is supporting more of these stupid events...

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Why are all you watching then? In the end all you're doing is supporting more of these stupid events...

The matches are good and the esports stupidity is fun to laugh at.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

dangerdoom volvo posted:

In hopes that they somehow get Adam Sessler onto commentary by some kind of e-sports wizardry so he can claim his crown as #1 commentator of SF4.

Snicker-Snack
Jul 2, 2010
And while we're at at it, here it is: http://www.twitch.tv/esgn_tv Alioune vs Tokido.

And for the record, I'm watching it because I'm enjoying it.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Tasteless' commentary is pretty much word salad.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

brian posted:

lol

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

They just managed to spoil a prerecorded event.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

It's Alioune vs. Tokido's hands.

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
Isn't Tasteless a Starcraft commentator or something? Why's he doing this? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Mike Ross bored with being eliminated, becomes Esports Interviewer.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

argondamn posted:

Tasteless' commentary is pretty much word salad.

He's stuck doing play by play. As long as he keeps blatantly wrong things to a minimum it's a success.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Satorr posted:

Isn't Tasteless a Starcraft commentator or something? Why's he doing this? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Yeah, he's known for being a Starcraft guy but he does play and like Street Fighter. He's probably being used because he's he's pretty established and they trust him to keep things smooth and professional.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

iPodschun posted:

There were a couple of bigger tournaments that Yipes did well at with Abel in Super. East Coast Throwdown 2 where he got t-5th and Road to Evo 2 where he got 2nd. The ECT2 matches are up on http://www.youtube.com/user/FrameAdvantageDotCom and the Road to Evo 2 matches are on http://www.youtube.com/user/AkumaHokoru

Thanks for the links.