Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mike Danger
Feb 17, 2012
Man, how long has it been since we saw the ladder?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
Contractually obligated shirtless scene quota - Filled.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Eddain posted:

I thought he only injected the Count with an overdose of vertigo the first time around? And in the second encounter he was still comatose, he shot the doctor with triple arrows. And in the third encounter he killed the Count.

Do not worry. Vertigo from the Alternate Reality will show up and he is dead, but not.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I unironically enjoy Nyssa and Sara casually strolling down the street chatting away while Arrow waits patiently for them to finish a couple yards away, all three of them completely in the open for random passerbys to spot.

Rhyno posted:

Huntress was portrayed that way in the comics for a long time, she's killed in the name of "justice."
She's one of a dozen DC Comics characters like that, including Oliver and Roy themselves! And yet adapting them to other mediums did not end up placing them on the same list as serial killers.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

The Little Rock Nine with aliens? That sounds terrible.

e: Thank you Dresden. At least someone is saying it.

Baronash fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Jan 30, 2014

Mike Danger
Feb 17, 2012
Wait, what? How long has it been in show-time again since she was acquitted?

Throwdown
Sep 4, 2003

Here you go, dummies.
"Do you have one of your hoodies?"

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Very helpful, Roy Wonder.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Couldn't he have tried smashing up the truck? Just a little bit? Come on son.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

jscolon2.0 posted:

Roy Wonder

:allears: Holy poo poo.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Every time they show Ollie's club, I cannot stop staring at those giant red and yellow gears in the back. They are so dumb.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Milo Armitage is a recurring other Green Arrow (Connor) villain.

edit: The name of the professor who invented it was Brion Markov, and they go with the Markovia is a country anyway. This show.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
The whole 'Moira runs for office' thing is kind of :psyduck: to me. I mean, there are politicians with all sorts of horrible poo poo in their pasts, but it's... like... further in the past. More than a year, at least.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Roy. :stare: drat.

Mike Danger
Feb 17, 2012
OHHH SHIIIITTT

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

And the mask comes off! :neckbeard:

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
loving FIST-PUMP MOMENT RIGHT THERE. :rock:

Mike Danger
Feb 17, 2012
"I'm not trying to Monday morning quarterback here...it's Wednesday" Felicity, never change

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Mike Danger posted:

"I'm not trying to Monday morning quarterback here...it's Wednesday" Felicity, never change

I hope part of "the events in this series occur in real time" conceit means that all of Ollie's exciting adventures have been on Wednesdays.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Oh man I really hope they're building up to Suicide Squad\

E: And there it is.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Suicide Unit Squad!

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

E the Shaggy posted:

Oh man I really hope they're building up to Suicide Squad

From that last line, I'm pretty sure they are.

Throwdown
Sep 4, 2003

Here you go, dummies.

E the Shaggy posted:

Oh man I really hope they're building up to Suicide Squad\

E: And there it is.

I think that is fairly obvious.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

And that's a cliffhanger

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Well this is setting up nicely, and next week looks quite kick rear end.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Awesome episode. So much happened it feels a lot longer than a one hour show.

I really like that Oliver doesn't always out-fight or arrow his way out of every conflict but can also think through situations.

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Jan 30, 2014

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Felicity continues to have the best lines.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
I love this show. I love this show. I know we've got an Arrow-specific :tviv:, but can we get a special :allears:? Maybe draw some gloves and a mask and a little Amell-beard on him.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Spergatory posted:

I love this show. I love this show. I know we've got an Arrow-specific :tviv:, but can we get a special :allears:? Maybe draw some gloves and a mask and a little Amell-beard on him.

Ville Valo fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jan 30, 2014

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Haha, so unless Buzzfeed did this interview a while back and were being misleading about it, Guggenheim straight up lied about what they were doing:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jarettwieselman/arrow-exclusive-sneak-peek-oliver-takes-roy-under-his-wing

quote:

But don’t expect Roy to enter Oliver’s Arrow lair — or take a crack at his salmon ladder — just yet. “To preserve his secret identity, Oliver is talking around a lot of things because the more information he gives Roy, the closer Roy gets to figuring out that identity,” Guggeinheim revealed. “That’s why the training doesn’t take place in the lair. We can’t bring Roy in without revealing Oliver’s identity since it’s right beneath his club. So, it’ll be a while before we get Roy in there. Or on the salmon ladder.”

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Suicide Squad. Ra's Al Ghul. Merlyn. Deadshot.

God drat, any one of these could be the "big bad" for the season, but all of them are converging at the same time. Insane!

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

:bravo: This is pretty much perfect. The only problem is that it's kind of hard to see his pupils so it looks like he's wearing goggles.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

hcreight posted:

Haha, so unless Buzzfeed did this interview a while back and were being misleading about it, Guggenheim straight up lied about what they were doing:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jarettwieselman/arrow-exclusive-sneak-peek-oliver-takes-roy-under-his-wing

Hey, "a while" in this show is about 30 minutes, so I don't think anyone was being misleading. :colbert:

Super Dude
Jan 23, 2005
Do the Jew
I had a good chuckle at Felicity's last line.

O: We don't call ourselves that.
F: I do...occasionally.
O: Stop it.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Holy crap that was a fast moving episode. I wonder if they're going to try spinning Suicide Squad into a show if Flash is successful - either way, there has to be a Captain Boomerang.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Spergatory posted:

The whole 'Moira runs for office' thing is kind of :psyduck: to me. I mean, there are politicians with all sorts of horrible poo poo in their pasts, but it's... like... further in the past. More than a year, at least.

Yea this is basically the worst plot. I mean with Laurel they didn't know what to do with her, but this is just straight up retarded. Then again, I'm from Toronto and our mayor is a fat racist crackhead alcoholic and 40% of the population would still vote for him. So maybe all Moira has to do is run around yelling about lowering taxes and how she helped(kill) the poor and enough people will believe it. Honestly they should kill her off or give her a plot that isn't terrible.

Excited for suicide squad and more Black Dynamite Bronze Tiger though.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
It was pretty obvious that Ollie called Sarah in the club. Still, good to have that confirmed.

And I'm way more excited about the Suicide Squad than I probably should be.

It was pretty amusing when Ollie got Roy to chill out only for him to punch a hole through some metal. I figured he was going to have Roy tear the door off its hinges and physically destroy the device. Still, any excuse for a trick arrow is a good excuse. :allears:

What a good show.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Yea this is basically the worst plot. I mean with Laurel they didn't know what to do with her, but this is just straight up retarded. Then again, I'm from Toronto and our mayor is a fat racist crackhead alcoholic and 40% of the population would still vote for him. So maybe all Moira has to do is run around yelling about lowering taxes and how she helped(kill) the poor and enough people will believe it. Honestly they should kill her off or give her a plot that isn't terrible.

Excited for suicide squad and more Black Dynamite Bronze Tiger though.

She is rich and killed the poor. She is the perfect Republican candidate.

Crunk Abortion
Mar 5, 2009

Young based lord and I look like JESUS
The :allears: emoticon should be Felicity. It fits perfectly. Throw on some glasses and a ponytail.

I've got a question for goons who understand this kind of thing better than I do: How is this show doing in the ratings? I feel like looking at the numbers on Wikipedia like it's kind of in a decline, is there a danger of it not getting picked up for another season? It's a good enough show that I'm starting to worry about it getting cut down in it's prime. Even here on the forums I feel like this thread doesn't command as much attention on Wednesdays as it did last year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Crunk Abortion posted:

The :allears: emoticon should be Felicity. It fits perfectly. Throw on some glasses and a ponytail.

I've got a question for goons who understand this kind of thing better than I do: How is this show doing in the ratings? I feel like looking at the numbers on Wikipedia like it's kind of in a decline, is there a danger of it not getting picked up for another season? It's a good enough show that I'm starting to worry about it getting cut down in it's prime. Even here on the forums I feel like this thread doesn't command as much attention on Wednesdays as it did last year.

It's almost certain that it'll be picked up for another season, it's continually one of the highest watched shows on the CW.

• Locked thread