Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

An Angry Bug posted:

Struggling with that to, but let's see...
- Its head mode is too large for the intended body.
- Its tank mode is incoherent.
- You can buy and mod the Kabaya kit of him that came out recently instead.

I have the Kabaya kit! I love that IDW FortMax look though. I realise I'll almost never transform him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Keldroc posted:

Somehow ninjas would have been less disappointing, which I really didn't think was possible.

Different stroke etc. but I am so relieved it's not ninjas that I will take anything, and knights sounds OK. Now they need to do a Wolfang tribute, as he's the knightiest knight they ever made.

The_Doctor posted:

I have the Kabaya kit! I love that IDW FortMax look though. I realise I'll almost never transform him.

Buy an incomplete Armada Megatron for like $10 and mod it.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Speaking of which, someone please convince me to not get Smart Robin, I already have too much poo poo pre-ordered as it is :cry:

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

404GoonNotFound posted:

Speaking of which, someone please convince me to not get Smart Robin, I already have too much poo poo pre-ordered as it is :cry:

Official Hasbro Brainstorm in the works, according to some leaked Hasbro web docs.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
Warden doesn't have guns in his knees. Easy pass.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Warden has a gorgeous robot mode with tons of paint apps and little details, but his tank mode looks like poo poo, his head mode looks awful on a G1 Fort Max body and is of a completely different aesthetic, and he costs a fuckton of money. The head looks all right on its own when not on a Fort Max body, but turning into a head with no body is a pretty lovely alt mode unless you're trying to hide on Easter Island.

I'm happy with my Encore Fort Max and that's the only one I need. Although the Alternity one looks nice, but that's because he's a sexy neon green and I love green. But Alternity Maximus is also way more than I'm willing to pay so I can live without him, too.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Gammatron 64 posted:

The head looks all right on its own when not on a Fort Max body, but turning into a head with no body is a pretty lovely alt mode unless you're trying to hide on Easter Island.

You rang?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I just watched Thew's Whirl review and yeah, the chopper mode is a bit weak but I agree it's still worth getting. Hope I can get my hands on him eventually.

edit: Also, a question for those of you with MP Prowl / Bluestreak... is it normal for the tab that keeps the chest and abdomen together in 'bot mode to be INSANELY tight? I always fear I'm gonna break it when going back to car mode. Is there any trick to dislodge it? Should I just shave it a bit or something?

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Jan 30, 2014

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

3 posted:

Official Hasbro Brainstorm in the works, according to some leaked Hasbro web docs.

Hasbro brainstorm is supposedly a voyager as is Skybyte?

20 dollars each for two possibly amazing figures, I'm still skipping 3rd party.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Blackheart posted:

edit: Also, a question for those of you with MP Prowl / Bluestreak... is it normal for the tab that keeps the chest and abdomen together in 'bot mode to be INSANELY tight? I always fear I'm gonna break it when going back to car mode. Is there any trick to dislodge it? Should I just shave it a bit or something?

The Smokescreen I have is just as tight as you're describing.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Blackheart posted:

I just watched Thew's Whirl review and yeah, the chopper mode is a bit weak but I agree it's still worth getting. Hope I can get my hands on him eventually.

The one where you pop their head up through the chest to hold it down? Yeah, that fucker is insane. I put them both in robot mode and won't be going back any time soon.

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

Blackheart posted:

It's tight on all three of my Datsuns.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

The Rage posted:

Goddamn that thing is awful.

Prediction: Sells out super fast because "premium" Ends up at Goodwill within ~2 years.

Ha! The joke is on you! I think Goodwills have started to phase out toy donations!

(I think it has something to do with them not being able to verify lead content and various other hygiene/safety issues with used toys.)

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Oh so I'm not alone with the MP Datsun tab issue. On my Prowl it's tight enough, but Bluestreak's is terrifying (his shoulders are tighter than Prowl too). I think I might try shaving a tiny bit of the chest tab to see if it helps.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

What's the bot next to Whirl in Thew's review during the "gerwalk" part?

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
Classics Jetfire.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Thanks.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

The_Doctor posted:

I'm having the same issue. However, with a brand new MP-08 (Grimlock!) sitting on my coffee table, and having just finished not-Menasor, it's very hard to justify another $150+ purchase for toys when I was just spending my rear end off all last year.

Maybe I'll pick him up at TFCon in Chicago or something--or maybe I'll be able to save for car repairs! It's a mystery.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Went into Orbital Comics today. poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
Think of how crappy the tank mode is and be strong.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I'm not a big fan of Perfect Effect's stuff. I think they're overpriced and tiny, tiny little partsformers with tons of tiny, tiny parts you can loose is not really my cup of tea. That Fort Max looks nice in robot mode, but that's it. I can think of a ton of things I'd rather spend £120 on.

I've toyed with the idea of getting that Unique Toys Galvatron so Protector Rodimus has a proper foe who isn't a lovely little deluxe, but the reviews have stopped me. If the guy didn't have gorilla arm syndrome and legs that break and an exposed head in canon mode I might actually drop $120 on him. Here's to hoping somebody else makes a Voyager Galvatron sometime.

I do want that MakeToys Armageddon set for Platinum Omega Supreme, but I kind of dread how much it's going to cost.

I also wish Maketoys would just do Battle Tanker in Scourge\Nemesis colors instead of including their own figure, a cape and a bunch of other poo poo. That thing is probably gonna cost $200. They made them for the Botcon figures, least they could do is make one for the subscription one.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
Even if the tank mode didn't suck, the lack of leg guns absolutely kills any desire I'd have to buy it. Not only is that one of Fort Max's visual trademarks, but it was key to one of his best scenes in MTMTE. Huge ball drop by PE there.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Actually Maketoys including their own figure probably means I'm gonna break down and buy it. I never got Scourge because it's bullshit that TFCC was making people pay that drat much for a figure that the mold was obviously made for in the first place. But the new Maketoys inner robot looks awesome, and if the set is less than $150 then it's on the buy list.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
Warbotron is going to be a big boy.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

What version of Megatron is that? It looks way better than my Masterpiece Megatron.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Hello, future centerpiece of my Blast Off shrine.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

What version of Megatron is that? It looks way better than my Masterpiece Megatron.

Toyworld Hegemon iirc

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ka0 posted:

Hello, future centerpiece of my Blast Off shrine.

It's pretty intense, I wish I had the funds to justify it.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
Oh god, there's gonna be a massive Third Party Bruticus?

I wish I could own any of these things. :(

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Blaaaaarrrgh, must have.. all of the Bruticus... scale be damned!

Really hopin' they make a Warbotron giftset later.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Warbotron is the sexiest looking thing, god drat.

Finally got my Causality Intimidator set, and did anyone else find it a complete bitch to get Down Force's feet inside his window? Then when you do the window doesn't want to slide back. Quite annoying.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I found Intimidator in general a complete pain in the rear end to put together.

Kind of put off by him, and I'm never taking him out of combined mode ever ever ever.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yeah the nature of the not-Stunticons is that they're all sort of bastards in their own way. There's a lot of forcing, especially with the not-Breakdown. Last Chance and T-Bone are the best of the bunch, I think, at least in terms of transformability.

I can't quite recall exactly, but I think turning Down Force's feet inward as I was trying to get the feet in helped a lot. I will say that, as time went on and I transformed them a few more times, they each got much easier to do.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
True enough. I did manage to bend two of the tabs on the back kibble because I'm dumb and there's not a whole lot of room.

I do seem to be missing a few pieces to make his sniper rifle, the barrel pieces are nowhere to be seen, nor is the bit that joins the two shotguns.

Least his sword looks awesome.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?

therealjon_ posted:

I found Intimidator in general a complete pain in the rear end to put together.
ng him out of combined mode ever ever ever.

2 hours 15 minutes is how long it took me to go from 5 vehicles to giant robot, 1 way. In contrast, RotF Leader Optimus was transfromed to truck and back the first time during a power outage in the dark and that took about 15 minutes total.

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

Cassa posted:

Warbotron is the sexiest looking thing, god drat.

Finally got my Causality Intimidator set, and did anyone else find it a complete bitch to get Down Force's feet inside his window? Then when you do the window doesn't want to slide back. Quite annoying.

Not just that, but getting Last Chance's head down into the chest space was a complete pain in the rear end.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Cassa posted:

True enough. I did manage to bend two of the tabs on the back kibble because I'm dumb and there's not a whole lot of room.

I do seem to be missing a few pieces to make his sniper rifle, the barrel pieces are nowhere to be seen, nor is the bit that joins the two shotguns.

Wow, you're missing that whole piece? I got a whole extra one with mine (I'm guessing because the original had a broken tab on it.)

catch22
Feb 17, 2006
For anyone that missed MP Prime 2.0 or MP Grimlock, KOs have been pretty much confirmed for both, so you're second chance is coming. The current KO MP Grimlock is the same size as the original, though an upsized version is rumored.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Cassa posted:

Email whoever you bought it from, there's supposed to be an extra bag with those parts that was shipped with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

catch22 posted:

For anyone that missed MP Prime 2.0 or MP Grimlock, KOs have been pretty much confirmed for both, so you're second chance is coming. The current KO MP Grimlock is the same size as the original, though an upsized version is rumored.

Elaborate please, if this is true then perhaps finally I'll have a MP optimus.