Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Almond you're an rear end in a top hat :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
Noisemaster would most definitely be voiced by Aziz Ansari

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Of course by disabling Mutemaster they're going to accidentally activate the cannon.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Dammit Almond will you calm your poo poo for two seconds you're going to blow everyone up :argh:

Almond is honestly my least favorite character in this comic, but I say that while every character is completely wonderful and perfect. She's just...the least perfect. Mainly because I feel like, at some point (like right now), she's going to screw everything up really badly by being so headstrong and quick to action.

V: Hence the "but I say that while every character is completely wonderful and perfect".

Safari Disco Lion fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Jan 28, 2014

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
It's almost as if it's the point of her character.

:ssh:

She's probably every impatient RPG player ever.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

A peaceful resolution where they talk it out with the bad guys and become friends? NOT ON ALMOND'S WATCH

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.
Wow, Almond. Rude.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Gamerofthegame posted:

It's almost as if it's the point of her character.

:ssh:

She's probably every impatient RPG player ever.

Maybe, but I'm only impatient after I've beaten the game once!

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Almond's going to need a comeuppance soon, since it's become real clear that she's exactly the kind of "hero" this adventure doesn't need.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Link for reference

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Safari Disco Lion posted:

Dammit Almond will you calm your poo poo for two seconds you're going to blow everyone up :argh:

Almond is honestly my least favorite character in this comic, but I say that while every character is completely wonderful and perfect. She's just...the least perfect. Mainly because I feel like, at some point (like right now), she's going to screw everything up really badly by being so headstrong and quick to action.

V: Hence the "but I say that while every character is completely wonderful and perfect".

She already did screw things up really badly by summoning the Nightmare Knight. Everything after is just icing on the cake.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Almond is the legendary hero, this is why she's behaving badly.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Numero6 posted:

This is my interpretation. Too bad rampant misogyny keeps everyone from realizing it.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Potsticker posted:

This is my interpretation. Too bad rampant misogyny keeps everyone from realizing it.

Pffft, who ever heard of a little sister being a legendary hero?

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Improbable Lobster posted:

Pffft, who ever heard of a little sister being a legendary hero?

:argh:

Heavy Zed
Mar 23, 2013

Is there anything here I can swing from?

snucks posted:

Noisemaster would most definitely be voiced by Aziz Ansari

I've been imagining exactly that since he showed up.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Suaimhneas posted:

A peaceful resolution where they talk it out with the bad guys and become friends? NOT ON ALMOND'S WATCH

Well, that wasn't happening anyway.

Almond was just being... prudent!?

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

PleasingFungus posted:

Well, that wasn't happening anyway.

Almond was just being... prudent!?

Screaming in the presence of a scream-powered doomsday weapon that's already charged to 99% capacity is not what I'd call 'prudence' :cheeky:

Heavy Zed
Mar 23, 2013

I think she's at least on to something in that Noisemaster wouldn't be talking if it didn't give him some kind of advantage. Her reasoning is probably something like "Galactiqueen Meteorea always stalls for time like this."

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING

Numero6 posted:

Cuco and Carrot aren't aware of it, but Almond rifled through Mayor Lute's drawers and hoiked everything useful within the first thirty seconds of being invited inside.

Nautilus is aware of it, but Almond is the legendary hero after all.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

I feel kind of bad for Mutemaster. :(

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Line Feed posted:

I feel kind of bad for Mutemaster. :(

We all do :(

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Almond cementing herself as best character by being ice cold.

It's weird calling something a cute bunny kid did ice cold.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

Whitenoise Poster posted:

It's weird calling something a cute bunny kid did ice cold.

Splashmaster was like 2 panels from becoming the lovable oaf of the comic before Almond ran in with her sword and resealed him.

Almond's a bad mother.

Heavy Zed
Mar 23, 2013

Pretty sure Sir Carrot is the team mom.

Smooglii
Feb 22, 2011

Battle stations!
Almond inherited a bit of her dad's jerkface.

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING
Noisemaster doesn't grasp the finer details of strategy. "Don't tell your enemy how to beat you" was like, chapter two.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Dr. Buttass posted:

Noisemaster doesn't grasp the finer details of strategy. "Don't tell your enemy how to beat you" was like, chapter two.

Does he now? He has an ally that gets disabled by loud noises and he built a superweapon that gets activated by loud noises. They might simply be tricking the less smart people in the party (read: Almond) in triggering said superweapon at the cost of a mild headache for Mutemaster. Bonus points if he calls Almond on it, extra bonus points if he mentions this is the first time the one that fell for it was not the hero but a party member.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Gigi's twitter posted:

today's profile card is as informative as you're expecting http://t.co/T0bRR62EjI

Well at least we know he's a kid.

Dr. Buttass
Aug 12, 2013

AWFUL SOMETHING

Omobono posted:

Does he now? He has an ally that gets disabled by loud noises and he built a superweapon that gets activated by loud noises. They might simply be tricking the less smart people in the party (read: Almond) in triggering said superweapon at the cost of a mild headache for Mutemaster. Bonus points if he calls Almond on it, extra bonus points if he mentions this is the first time the one that fell for it was not the hero but a party member.

This is a really lovely plan then.

"Hey, let's build a weapon, and you charge it using my best friend's least favorite thing in the world, and lots of it. Nothing about this plan seems incongruous or problematic or unwise at all."

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Splashmaster wrecked Princess Nautilus' home. I expect this cannon to go off, and that the castle we run into at each other land gets wrecked (maybe excepting one, to play with our expectations.)

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.
Gigi already confirmed on twitter that only piano's voice works.

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003

Dr. Buttass posted:

"Hey, let's build a weapon, and you charge it using my best friend's least favorite thing in the world, and lots of it. Nothing about this plan seems incongruous or problematic or unwise at all."

Well, he's the sound guy, so it's his only choice really. Although it would be pretty amusing if he had some weapon with a totally non-thematic "element" for this exact reason.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Lance Streetman posted:

Gigi already confirmed on twitter that only piano's voice works.

I'm assuming that's because Piano is in that jar.

Heavy Zed
Mar 23, 2013

Dr. Buttass posted:

If his weakness was something uncommon like silver or whatever I'd agree, but noise is not exactly a rare commodity. Since he can't really stop people from shouting at Mutemaster, having some way to take advantage of how they probably will seems like a sound idea in theory, even though the execution's been sloppy if that was the idea.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
So all we've established is that Almond is a jerk.

Heavy Zed
Mar 23, 2013

The first words out of her mouth in the prologue were a backhanded compliment. We've always known that Almond is a jerk.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I got the chills reading Noisemasters line here

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT
So what was that y'all were saying about Almond getting her comeuppance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whitenoise Poster