Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Studio
Jan 15, 2008

You spend the money you have in your vault on items to invade. So if you buy items to invade you'll have $0 and not be worth invading. Efficient traps only matter once you have enough cash to care about protecting it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Listening to them talk about it on the bombcast made it sound really cool, but watching the game in action is so dull. It doesn't look fun to play.

sulley
Aug 15, 2004

Not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

Man, I have to get my kids to an A&W restaurant before they all disappear. Those root beer floats were amazing when I was growing up.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Watching yesterday's Spelunkin' with Scoops and by far the funniest thing that has happened in this series was when he went to get the Jetpack from the crashed spaceship and then his shotgun just decided life wasn't worth living anymore.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Some Dark Souls 2 stuff listed as coming up today.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Man, that looks so good. A shame the closest A&W restaurant is a state away. Luckily, I do have a Friendly's near so I can get great milkshakes or floats there.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

That does look good. I sometimes wonder about all these American snacks and restaurants, because you can't even buy rootbeer in this country, so I have no idea where to even begin to imagine what that thing would taste like, or how you would even consume it.

I think about that a lot for some reason. Like when Hostess was going out of business, I imported a box of twinkies because I had to loving know what they taste like, and those things are gross as hell, so maybe I'm better off in a lot of cases.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Root beer is the best kind of soda and I feel sorry for those who do not have access to it.

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

Root beer tastes super weird and this is speaking as someone who drinks tonnes of Irn Bru and Dandelion & Burdock.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

There isn't quite a taste like root beer. Sarsaparilla exists too and it's a stronger tasting root beer, but that's about it. Root beer floats are something else, though. I haven't had one in years and it never looks like that creamy goodness in that picture, that's for sure.

wa27 posted:

Not to start into another food discussion, but Twinkies aren't as popular as people might act like they are. I don't know anyone who buys them, and most people seem to dislike them. They're just considered part of the culture for whatever reason.

I had no idea rootbeer wasn't a worldwide drink though.

There was that whole Twinkie discussion in Ghostbusters. Besides that Devil Dogs were always better. :colbert:

Jimbot fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Jan 30, 2014

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Hakkesshu posted:

I think about that a lot for some reason. Like when Hostess was going out of business, I imported a box of twinkies because I had to loving know what they taste like, and those things are gross as hell, so maybe I'm better off in a lot of cases.

Not to start into another food discussion, but Twinkies aren't as popular as people might act like they are. I don't know anyone who buys them, and most people seem to dislike them. They're just considered part of the culture for whatever reason.

I had no idea rootbeer wasn't a worldwide drink though.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Ethiser posted:

Root beer is the best kind of soda and I feel sorry for those who do not have access to it.

Yeah well I bet you wish you had a packet of delicious leverpostej sitting in your fridge right now...

:smith:

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Irn-Bru is the best soft drink.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

Irn-Bru is the best soft drink.

Irn-Bru is really loving good, actually. I first tasted it last year when I visited Scotland, and luckily I found a place that carries it here. It's just awesome every time.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I don't like Irn Bru but I love Moxie. You all should get some Moxie.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

Ethiser posted:

I don't know, Coca-Cola imported from Mexico in those glass bottles made with real sugar are pretty drat good.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Arms_Akimbo posted:

I don't know, Coca-Cola imported from Mexico in those glass bottles made with real sugar are pretty drat good.

I remember Coca-Cola downplayed the difference in taste and texture but anyone who tried imported coca-cola knows they are full of poo poo. Goes down smoother and tastes better. No strong after-taste either.

Edit:

cyxx posted:

Enjoy it while it lasts! Apparently the big latin american bottler is moving to HFCS soon because of a new tax on beverages.

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2013-11-11/the-mexican-coca-cola-myth-its-almost-american
That stinks. Mexican Coca Cola is the only kind of Coke I like. Regular stuff is just nasty.

Jimbot fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Jan 30, 2014

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!
Enjoy it while it lasts! Apparently the big latin american bottler is moving to HFCS soon because of a new tax on beverages.

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2013-11-11/the-mexican-coca-cola-myth-its-almost-american

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

For my money, Sprecher Root Beer is the best. It's made in Milwaukee so I don't know how wide the distribution is.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

cyxx posted:

They're still going to sell sugar "Mexican Coke" in America. Just not in Mexico.

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!

muscles like this? posted:

They're still going to sell sugar "Mexican Coke" in America. Just not in Mexico.

I guess they are just going to do the "Throwback" thing that Pepsi and Mountain Dew did. I don't really drink soda all that much these days but I do get tempted to buy the cane sugar stuff occasionally.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Wow someone made a custom Spelunky character for Patrick. That is honestly really cool.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
Patrick is taking the Scoops Spelunky character out for a spin.

https://www.giantbomb.com/chat

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Dark Souls 2 interview is up

Also, here's something that was posted in the Dark Souls 2 topic:

Even Dark Souls 2 is making a case against flu-shots!

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

That Dark Souls PR guy is being both weirdly frank and cagey at the same time. Not much useful info, unfortunately.

Real bummer to hear that the PC version still has a TBA date. I guess I'll have to settle for PS3.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Hakkesshu posted:

That Dark Souls PR guy is being both weirdly frank and cagey at the same time. Not much useful info, unfortunately.

Real bummer to hear that the PC version still has a TBA date. I guess I'll have to settle for PS3.

I'm definitely going to double dip on that poo poo, i am not waiting weeks to play that game. also, leverpostei is delicious and american diabetes is not!!

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
Oh god Patrick is learning how to ghost mine in Spelunky. It's a cool mechanic but goddamn is it boring to watch people do.

e: He just made it to the City of Gold for the first time :toot:

Crowbear fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Jan 30, 2014

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I'd probably be all over the castle doctrine if it wasn't deliberately trying to make you look like "you were a monster this entire time!" In the last of us I tolerated that stuff because the ending sequence was so loving good, but I'm pretty much tired of this idea now. Yes I am a monster for robbing homes and my family died whatever I just want to enjoy myself playing your game.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I'd probably be all over the castle doctrine if it wasn't deliberately trying to make you look like "you were a monster this entire time!" In the last of us I tolerated that stuff because the ending sequence was so loving good, but I'm pretty much tired of this idea now. Yes I am a monster for robbing homes and my family died whatever I just want to enjoy myself playing your game.
Is that really the angle he's going for? That's silly for a multiplayer dungeon keeper, he's not making spec ops the line here.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Patrick is good at Spelunky.

Also having your own character must be rad.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Also having your own character must be rad.

He was never going to beat Yama with 1 health but that was still heartbreaking. Great run though!

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!

RoadCrewWorker posted:

Is that really the angle he's going for? That's silly for a multiplayer dungeon keeper, he's not making spec ops the line here.

That's definitely his angle, the name alone implies that. IS IT RIGHT TO KILL AN INVADER TO PROTECT YOUR MONEY (and your wife and kids)?! YOU ARE THE MAN OF THE HOUSE IN A DOG EAT DOG WORLD :byodood:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/02/01/rohrer-on-the-castle-doctrine-guns-chain-world-pt-2/ posted:

Jason Rohrer: Right, right. So yeah, The Castle Doctrine is a statement on that kind of stuff. When you’re faced with it, when the rubber hits the road and you have to defend your family… I’ve had conversations with other game developers which are like ‘if a guy came into your house, and he had a gun, and you were standing in the kitchen would you pick up a knife and try and defend your family?’ And they said ‘no, I’d try to talk to him first.’ [Laughs in disbelief.] So someone’s coming into your house and threatening to kill your family, and you’re going to try to talk to him. For me, as soon as you stick your foot across my windowsill I just feel like that’s it. You’ve violated the contract, right. I’m not sticking my foot across your windowsill.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
More of a Man Club Dog world, really.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Samopsa posted:

That's definitely his angle, the name alone implies that. IS IT RIGHT TO KILL AN INVADER TO PROTECT YOUR MONEY (and your wife and kids)?! YOU ARE THE MAN OF THE HOUSE IN A DOG EAT DOG WORLD :byodood:

Oh, so it's not even a clever angle. How goddamn stupid.

JuHoZ
May 13, 2009
Am I crazy or is Octodad just a game about a drunken father trying to play it cool?

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Thats pretty neat

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
Immediately after getting to the City of Gold/Hell/Yama for the first time ever Patrick does the daily challenge and gets to the City of Gold again.

Sooo....

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The funniest part was when he shouted YEAH MOTHERFUCKER really loud and then instantly remembered that someone had sent him a message stating that their two little kids love Spelunking with Scoops.

Kasonic
Mar 6, 2007

Tenth Street Reds, representing

RoadCrewWorker posted:

Go watch the original and you see that's exactly what he's going for. The problem is, the most interesting and hardest hitting part of the game is simply the title. You hear the name "Castle Doctrine" and the basic premise and you instantly understand this is a dark commentary on Stand Your Ground laws and 2nd amendment fanatics.

But the game is pretty dumb so once you actually dig into it you're left feeling cheated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Is that weird screen shuttering when your stretch out your limbs in Octodad a thing that happens in the game or is their capture equipment mucking up? Because that stuff is pretty annoying.

• Locked thread