Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rockinricky
Mar 27, 2003

The second picture could be Flexi Jerkoff's ship from Flesh Gordon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Bunch of parts rolling around in a desk drawer, started sticking them together and of course ended up with a spaceship.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Phy posted:

He has teeth marks in his helmet.

That was the best part. They could have taken that helmet out of any child's haphazard Lego box and put it up there.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
Is the Riddler Chase set out in stores yet? I can only find it online and I've been checking my local places for weeks.

Looking in Australia, if that helps.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Asphyxious posted:

Is the Riddler Chase set out in stores yet? I can only find it online and I've been checking my local places for weeks.

Looking in Australia, if that helps.

Saw it in a Big W today as a matter of fact, they had a lot of new stuff.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Lizard Combatant posted:

Saw it in a Big W today as a matter of fact, they had a lot of new stuff.

Boffo, thanks. Hoping to grab it at a Target or Kmart. Will have a look in town tomorrow. Glad there's finally a decent Riddler Minifig.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
So are there any good apps (iOS, Android) for Lego instructions that you've used?

I've used http://appshopper.com/reference/lego-step-by-step, and it's nice, but limited, and the graphics are pretty rough. But it's free.

http://appshopper.com/reference/brickxp seems nice, but that appears to just be a collection of uploaded MOCs.

And, as best I can tell, http://appshopper.com/entertainment/lego%C2%AE-building-instructions appears to be just for one or two Technic models.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I google for lego instructions and use whatever images come up for the set I'm after.

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT
I have the best wife and I will be her bitch forever :kimchi:

I may have to go to ask/tell for tips on how to top this birthday.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

Red posted:

So are there any good apps (iOS, Android) for Lego instructions that you've used?

For official sets, a PDF reader and the files directly from lego.com work for me.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

InfinEight posted:

I have the best wife and I will be her bitch forever :kimchi:

I may have to go to ask/tell for tips on how to top this birthday.

I kinda have to hide new Lego I buy because my S.O. is like annoyed with how much I buy!

Readblood
Nov 9, 2005

Lizard Combatant posted:

Did someone say Deadwood?

Do you have any more information about this? Is it yours?

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Readblood posted:

Do you have any more information about this? Is it yours?

Yeah, it's mine. I was just inspired by all the Western posts on the last page and knocked them up. The Lone Ranger line was a god send for Western fans. Wish I had a flesh head to make the doctor though.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Lizard Combatant posted:

Yeah, it's mine. I was just inspired by all the Western posts on the last page and knocked them up. The Lone Ranger line was a god send for Western fans. Wish I had a flesh head to make the doctor though.

I like how you used the Blackbeard head for Al. I wonder if it was designed with that idea in mind, as the actual minifig has a giant moulded beard covering it.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

mitochondritom posted:

I like how you used the Blackbeard head for Al. I wonder if it was designed with that idea in mind, as the actual minifig has a giant moulded beard covering it.

Thanks! I thought so too except the head has a beard. If it was just the moustache and chops it'd be perfect. Still happy with it, couldn't find a suit with that Chinese collar he wears. Close enough, I just try to suggest the characters rather than agonise over details.

Tkytko
Jul 15, 2007

"Hisui-chan~, it seems a few things broke."

"... Nee-san, please refrain from cleaning again."

So there are some pics out from the German Toy Fair...

and some other themes on Eurobricks

Guzwar
Feb 21, 2006
Everything's coming up Milhouse!

HUSKIES :3: I don't buy many of the City sets anymore but I'll have to get at least one for those dogs.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Arctic theme is the best!
Those building fronts are really nicely designed too, they wouldn't look out of place with the modulars with a little work.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Asphyxious posted:

Boffo, thanks. Hoping to grab it at a Target or Kmart. Will have a look in town tomorrow. Glad there's finally a decent Riddler Minifig.

And after a whole day in and out of Big W's, Targets and Kmarts, nada. :(

They had the Joker steamroller sets in one Target but that was it. Total wash.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Asphyxious posted:

And after a whole day in and out of Big W's, Targets and Kmarts, nada. :(

They had the Joker steamroller sets in one Target but that was it. Total wash.

Sucks, sorry about that. I'm in SA of all places so I assumed they'd be everywhere

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

Another Arctic theme, hell yeah. And they're mining meteorites for crystals this time around too. :3: I'm gonna mod those sets into more realistic 'generic science' stuff, though.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Meteorites? I thought it was ice. Anyway, the vehicles look bretty good.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
Love the second biggest arctic set. I'm a complete sucker for any kind of mobile command vehicle.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

I love the wide tracked vehicle with the drill, but it looks like it is part of the biggest set, which is probably $100.

Actually, I found a price list, and it's definitely $100:

60032 Arctic Snowmobile – 44 pcs – $7
60033 Arctic Tracked Vehicle – 113 pcs – $15
60034 Arctic Lift Helicopter – 262 pcs – $30
60035 Arctic Research Station – 374 pcs – $40
60036 Arctic Base Camp – 733 pcs – $100

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Love those Arctic sets! Make your own The Thing Lego!

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

The_Doctor posted:

Yes! You're right! The huskies are essential.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

The_Doctor posted:

It can never be. There's never been a Wilford Brimley lego minifigure.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Lizard Combatant posted:

Yes! You're right! The huskies are essential.

That helicopter pilot is going to need a silly hat.

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

MaliciousOnion posted:

Meteorites? I thought it was ice. Anyway, the vehicles look bretty good.

Brickpedia posted:

The background story behind the theme involved meteors that were falling to Earth in locations around the Arctic. The explorers tracked down the impact sites to collect these meteors, which were transparent hollow rock pieces that contained exotic alien creatures, such as transparent orange scorpions.

This time around the transparant rock pieces could very well be ice, though, considering the lack of aliens.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Did we know the next cuuso set was ghostbusters yet? Because it is.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Dogen posted:

Yep, but I don't think there was a concrete release date. Is there one?

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Red posted:

Yep, but I don't think there was a concrete release date. Is there one?

Not that I know of, I just hadn't seen anything about it, but I guess it's old news.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

LL929 is a sticker. :smith:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/61839591@N08/12212555263/sizes/o/in/photostream/

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Dogen posted:

Good job to whoever called Ghostbusters.

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009

At least that classic space logo appears to be printed :unsmith:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

And sorry, that link I gave apparently doesn't make it easy to go back to the dude's full set. He has a pile of photos from the show here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/61839591@N08/sets/72157640299391795/with/12212368785/

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Tkytko posted:

So there are some pics out from the German Toy Fair...

:sbahj:

This is amazing. Wonder what the price'll be.

e: Spacesuit unicorn cat!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
At least the FTL ships set got mentioned at all. :unsmith:

Wonder which of the other ones will make it. Macross is right out because Harmony Gold is one of the most horrible companies out there when it comes to licensing, for starters. Legend of Zelda has been axed time and time again for requiring too many new parts, and I think Mega Bloks has the Mario license, don't they? Wonder if that'd affect whether it'd be eligible or not.

Merchant of Death
Jan 19, 2006
Cha-Ching
drat ghostbusters lego now too and I still haven't bought the back to the future set yet.

I really need a bigger lego budget with all the sets I want now and the upcoming ones :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Merchant of Death posted:

drat ghostbusters lego now too and I still haven't bought the back to the future set yet.

I really need a bigger lego budget with all the sets I want now and the upcoming ones :(

Answering "lego" any time someone asks what I want for christmas/birthday has worked well for me.

I don't give a poo poo if I'm a grown man, I want some goddamn toys for special occasions, not shirts.