Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
Total chaos: 1-3 inches of snow cripples metro Atlanta
Sorry, but this is pretty funny

quote:

To: Pan_Yan
I guess the South Will Rise Again...just not during winter.

181 posted on 1/29/2014 12:15:51 PM by DoodleDawg
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

To: FreedomPoster
Upstate New York: Many years ago, owned a house on a long drive. It was a bad snow storm.
I dreamed up a brilliant plan. I hooked up the hose to my wash tubs....turned on the hot water and voila...the snow was gone.

Only to be replaced by an inch of ice. We used a pick axe to break it up.

At age 70, I have gained wisdom. I don't do anything....just smile as I watch the guys plow the drives and clean the walks at my complex.

61 posted on 1/29/2014 7:46:40 AM by Sacajaweau
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 26 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Sacajaweau
I can remember years ago (40’s) someone had a brilliant plan to get the ice off their car windshield. They put candles on the dashboard and went back in the house to eat breakfast. The candles were too close to the windshield and the glass cracked.
81 posted on 1/29/2014 8:05:42 AM by Ditter
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 61 | View Replies]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Freep posted:

Stupid subject matter for stupid people in Stupid Land.

If there's any way we can get the thread title changed to this I would be eternally grateful. I cannot stop laughing at this.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Freepers: living in the south because they're too retarded for winter.

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

Its not really that funny. I am in Georgia, and we had people trapped on the goddamned roads for over 24 hours. We had kids trapped at a school that had to sleep over, and we had at least a few people whom were forced to stay overnight at a Home Depot.

I mean yeah, it's funny because that one guy had a brilliant loving idea that ended up turning their driveway into an ice skating rink, but there are genuinely people who are having legit issues simply because nobody foresaw this much snow/ice.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
People in danger is certainly not funny, but Nobody saw it coming? Even though atlanta being crippled by 1-3 inches of snow has happened several times in living memory, nobody saw it coming, for some reason.

I was born in Buffalo, NY and grew up in Cleveland, OH. I think i know a thing or two about snow. My school buses were not four wheel drive with snow chains, how is it that atlanta is always so paralyzed when the rest of the country continues to function?

MattD1zzl3 fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Jan 30, 2014

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Even though atlanta being crippled by 1-3 inches of snow has happened several times in living memory, nobody saw it coming, for some reason.

I was born in Buffalo and grew up in Cleveland, i think i know a thing or two about snow. My school buses were not four wheel drive with snow chains, how is it that atlanta is always so paralyzed when the rest of the country continues to function?

I've heard that Atlanta is really terrible with respect to planning and urban sprawl, maybe that has something to do with it.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Given that they had at least 12 hours warning that snow was coming for sure... And anyone who lives in the southeast knows even a dusting brings the region to its knees but for some reason no one expected it. OBAMAGLOBALWARMINGWEATHERCONSPIRACY

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

MattD1zzl3 posted:

People in danger is certainly not funny, but Nobody saw it coming? Even though atlanta being crippled by 1-3 inches of snow has happened several times in living memory, nobody saw it coming, for some reason.

I was born in Buffalo, NY and grew up in Cleveland, OH. I think i know a thing or two about snow. My school buses were not four wheel drive with snow chains, how is it that atlanta is always so paralyzed when the rest of the country continues to function?

Because Atlanta, Georgia is filled with idiots. :downs:

To be fair, a lot of the public prepared for it, the issue being that the Government is loving useless because we have a republican in charge.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
The weatherpocalypse thread has a link to a good breakdown of the Atlanta stuff here.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.

E-Tank posted:

Its not really that funny.
there are genuinely people who are having legit issues simply because nobody foresaw this much snow/ice.
Yes, that would be why I apologized for laughing. As to the 'no one saw this coming' point, I think there is a more compelling argument that the state officials really botched their responsibilities by not pre-treating the roads when they had a chance, closed schools, or urged people to stay home before the storm hit despite warnings from meteorologists. Freepers in that thread even get into a few arguments about it, although they quickly devolve into petty name-calling contests that go absolutely no where.
To wit:

Randandal posted:

The Weather Channel's Bryan Norcross lays it out for us.

https://www.facebook.com/TWCBryanNorcross/posts/656518947719457

Another Unexpected Disaster That Was Well Forecast

Thousands of people, including school children, are still not home in Metro Atlanta after leaving the work yesterday afternoon. They slept in schools, in their cars, and up and down the aisles of Home Depots and 24-hour drug stores. Another horrendous outcome of the dysfunctional system that that we use in this country to connect the weather forecasters, the emergency decision-makers, and the public.

My meteorologist friends are saying things like, “Atlanta was well warned”. But if that were true, the only conclusion has to be that a couple million stupid people all decided to get on the road at the same time and create an apocalyptic nightmare. And in that couple of million, by the way, would be the governor, the mayor, the department of transportation, the school board and everybody else who didn’t get the message that a life-threatening event was in the making.

The formula for disaster in Atlanta is pretty simple.

WARM GROUND + VERY COLD AIR + SNOW + WORKDAY = CHAOS

Here’s the sequence: the initial snow melts due to the warm ground (55 to 60 in Atlanta on Sunday); the cold air freezes that water into a coating of ice (temperatures dropped through the 20s all afternoon); the road gets slipperier as the snow gets compressed onto the ice and/or melts due to the traffic (another 2” of snow fell after the initial melt); people see the snow, freak out (with good reason), and all leave work at once.

Every hilly road, which is most of metropolitan Atlanta, would have had to be treated with salt before the storm so that first layer of ice didn’t form to keep this from happening. It wasn’t possible this time, and it never will be. Everybody knew it wasn’t possible, but nobody had the systemic wherewithal to assemble the facts, understand the threat, and close the city for the day.

The meteorologists at the National Weather Service in Atlanta analyzed the weather pattern and the computer models quite well. Their discussions were clear enough in the days before the storm. It was a challenging forecast because Atlanta was on the northern edge of the snow, but the discussion of snow and a cold wind were always there. The day before the event, they had a Winter Storm Watch in effect for the city. They lowered it that night to a Winter Weather Advisory, a critical mistake in hindsight, and then put up the Winter Storm Warning in the middle of the night before the snow. So, it wasn’t perfect, but there was plenty of clear discussion of the possibility of a few inches of snow along with bitter cold temperatures.

If the decision-makers understood the formula above, this information should have been sufficient to trigger a proper response.

But, state governments and big cities and counties don’t get their weather analyses from these public bulletins and advisories. Instead, they get direct briefings from National Weather Service meteorologists. To hear the public officials tell it, they were caught off-guard by the storm, so somewhere in that communications system there was a serious disconnect. The decision-makers either didn’t get the message, or more likely, didn’t have appropriate action plans, which the threatening forecast would have triggered.

Georgia Governor Nathan Deal threw the National Weather Service under the bus - going so far as to say that local TV weather people made more accurate forecasts – but his statement shows a complete misunderstanding of the role of the NWS forecasters and the role of emergency decision-makers, including himself. The meteorologists make the weather forecasts, the emergency managers and decision-makers at cities, counties, states, and school boards are supposed to understand the impact of the weather, direct the government response, and communicate recommended actions to the public. Shockingly, the governor and the Atlanta mayor didn’t see that as their responsibility.

This is distressingly similar to Hurricane Sandy, of course. A major city, along with the state in this case, in spite of direct communications with the National Weather Service, is unable to put the pieces together to understand the RISK to their citizens. Risk implies uncertainty, and understanding it is at the heart of decision-making. Let’s say the chance of the storm producing 3 inches of snow was 30% on Monday, which sounds about right. The Georgia decision-makers didn’t understand that a 30% risk of a cataclysm requires major affirmative action. You can’t wait for a guarantee.

How about a 20% chance of tens of thousand of people being stranded on the highway in freezing temperatures? Is that enough for a governor or mayor to make the decision to tell people to stay home? It’s not easy, but it’s not rocket science. Mostly, you have to understand the ingredients that have to come together to create a disaster in your city. (See formula above.)

Mayor Mitch Landrieu in New Orleans understood this process and closed down the city in advance of the ice that was forecast there. That wasn’t a guarantee either, but the RISK was sufficient that he made the hard and right decision.

Somewhere and somehow somebody has got to take the lead on closing the threat-understanding gap between forecasters, decision-makers, and the public. It’s not simple because of the division of responsibilities between various federal, state, and local agencies in a disaster. But, we’ve seen too many instances where good-enough weather forecasts have lead to bad decisions and poor public communications. The issue is partly science, which we should be able to solve with an organized effort by the National Weather Service, FEMA, and others.

But there’s another big problem, which the Georgia governor articulated very well in his new conference. He was more afraid to be wrong in closing down the city, than he was of people being stranded in their cars. Until we can develop a system that keeps politics out of it and lets science and good judgment drive the decision-making bus, this kind of thing is going to keep happening.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

MattD1zzl3 posted:

You should see what happens when it snows down here in southern arizona. People never expect a few inches of snow or ice in the desert.

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone

Believe it or not people dying isn't funny. That said laugh at the governor and Atlanta mayor all you want.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bait and Swatch posted:

You should see what happens when it snows down here in southern arizona. People never expect a few inches of snow or ice in the desert.

poo poo, I was in the Western edge of the Mojave Desert when we got almost a foot of snow, everything shut down for 2 days until they could bring plows down from the hills. The road to LA was shut down and the entire town was full of 18 wheelers stranded. No one was prepared at all and some guy was trying to ride his loving motorcycle home in 5 inches of snow. He dropped it at least 3 times before we had a chance to pass him on the way home from work. Granted it was a once every 20+ year storm but still.

People are dumb.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Plinkey posted:

poo poo, I was in the Western edge of the Mojave Desert when we got almost a foot of snow, everything shut down for 2 days until they could bring plows down from the hills. The road to LA was shut down and the entire town was full of 18 wheelers stranded. No one was prepared at all and some guy was trying to ride his loving motorcycle home in 5 inches of snow. He dropped it at least 3 times before we had a chance to pass him on the way home from work. Granted it was a once every 20+ year storm but still.

People are dumb.

You don't end up living in the Mohave Desert because you're smart.

(I lived there for three years)

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I totally get that Atlanta doesn't have the resources to deal with measurable snowfall. They shouldn't have to, since it's so rare. They should also know that they don't have those resources so when the freak snowstorm comes, they have most of their population at home and not on the roads.

I grew up near a western PA ski resort, I know how to drive in snow. Odds are most of the residents of Atlanta don't, and that was borne out this week. They had plenty of warning that this storm was coming and that it was bringing snow. They could've closed schools, or asked businesses to stagger closing times or tele-commute workers where possible.

Here's a shocker: when you have two inches of snow and/or ice and no heavy equipment to deal with it, your city is paralyzed. There's a reason for the big-rear end beehive-shaped silos filled with salt and ash along the turnpikes in PA and NY. If you don't get enough snow to justify having those built and maintained, then tell people to just STAY THE gently caress HOME and off the roads.

LunarShadow
Aug 15, 2013

I think another major factor is alot of people are inured to the freaking out over the lightest of snowfall because it so very rarely sticks, that most people (myself included) figured it wasn't going to mean two inches of snow STAYING on the ground. Literally every time it has snowed here (Alabama) since I have lived here, it lasted maybe a couple hours and all the snow was gone.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

VideoTapir posted:

Thing is you do have to be. When you're building war machines :suicide:

iamnotcreative
Jul 28, 2002
What, you expected something creative here?

skaboomizzy posted:

I totally get that Atlanta doesn't have the resources to deal with measurable snowfall. They shouldn't have to, since it's so rare. They should also know that they don't have those resources so when the freak snowstorm comes, they have most of their population at home and not on the roads.

I grew up near a western PA ski resort, I know how to drive in snow. Odds are most of the residents of Atlanta don't, and that was borne out this week. They had plenty of warning that this storm was coming and that it was bringing snow. They could've closed schools, or asked businesses to stagger closing times or tele-commute workers where possible.

Here's a shocker: when you have two inches of snow and/or ice and no heavy equipment to deal with it, your city is paralyzed. There's a reason for the big-rear end beehive-shaped silos filled with salt and ash along the turnpikes in PA and NY. If you don't get enough snow to justify having those built and maintained, then tell people to just STAY THE gently caress HOME and off the roads.

The thing with Atlanta looks to me like something that became readily apparent this month: in a conflict between business interests and public safety business wins. Take the Snow Levels from my home state of Ohio:

quote:

LEVEL 1: Roadways are hazardous with blowing and drifting snow. Roads are also icy. Drive very cautiously.

LEVEL 2: Roadways are hazardous with blowing and drifting snow. Only those who feel it is necessary to drive should be out on the roadways. Contact your employer to see if you should report to work.

LEVEL 3: All roadways are closed to non-emergency personnel. No one should be out during these conditions unless it is absolutely necessary to travel. All employees should contact their employer to see if they should report to work. Those traveling on the roadways may subject themselves to arrest.

Level 3 is basically saying "If you go out you can be arrested, so contact your boss and hope they aren't an irredeemable shitheel that forces you to choose between coming in today and coming in ever again". If they had dared to shut down the city the usual suspects would have come out of the woodwork bitching about "gubmint interfering with business" and "nanny state"

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"

ratbert90 posted:

The Mcdonalds CEO may have to NOT give up anything at all? Not even a little bit? He may have to increase the price of hamburgers by less than 2%?

MARXISM!!!!

Going back a bit; IIRC there is an actual left/marxist/commie-death idea that management salaries should given as a percent/ratio of the lowest paid workers at a company. If the bottom of the payscale is $5 an hour then, by law, the boss can't make more than five times that and so on.

I've reached a point where my first thought with this sort of thing is "How would freep react to that?"

Then realizing I already know. :getin:

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
Meet myRA: Obama offers IRA plan details

quote:

To: tcrlaf
They want you to buy bonds. It’s the only way they’ll be able to keep the debt growing without defaulting.

China doesn’t want to finance our out-of-control borrowing anymore. It will be up to ordinary citizens here to keep the gravy train moving.

6 posted on 1/29/2014 2:53:47 PM by Deo volente (God willing, America shall survive this Obamanation.)

quote:

Where is the constitutional authority for the president to do this?

9 posted on 1/29/2014 2:55:34 PM by Jim Robinson (Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God!!)

quote:

To: Jim Robinson
CONSTITUTION???? The God-King Obama don’ need no stinkin’ CONSTITUTION!

Dear leader is not constrained by such an out-dated, racist document like that. Just ask anyone at CNN/ABC/NBC/CBS/NPR/E!/MSNBC/Pacifica/Huffington/DailyKos/AP/WashPost/NYTimes about this!!

13 posted on 01/29/2014 12:59:41 PM PST by tcrlaf (Well, it is what the Sheeple voted for....)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: NorthMountain
Exactly.

How do we stop this without an armed revolution? Voting seems to have no effect. Once the politicians from either party (with very few exceptions) get to Washington, they become our “elite masters” to whom the rules no longer apply. They see citizens as a source of votes and revenue - nothing else.

97 posted on 01/29/2014 8:37:25 PM PST by generally (Don't be stupid. We have politicians for that.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 15 | View Replies ]
Yes! How do we stop the opening of government IRA accounts without armed revolution!?!?!?! :freep:

quote:

Zer0 RA? Buy gold and squirrel it away.

109 posted on 1/30/2014 5:41:33 AM by Vaquero (Don't pick a fight with an old guy. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.)

quote:

To: Vaquero
- It appears the smart money bought pre-1899 Colt SAAs

- The going prices have doubled or tripled in the last two years and many are now well over $10,000 - with a bullet ^

110 posted on 1/30/2014 5:54:33 AM by devolve ("He's just 'too talented' to do what 'ordinary people' do." "Barry of Bungle" "Homo Electus")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 109 | View Replies]

quote:

If Myra is needed then Social Security has failed.

Establishing another entitlement to do what SS should do is the exact description of diong the same thing over again and expecting different results.

That is defined as insanity.

117 posted on 1/30/2014 8:35:25 AM by R0CK3T

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

If Myra is needed then Social Security has failed.

Establishing another entitlement to do what SS should do is the exact description of diong the same thing over again and expecting different results.

That is defined as insanity.

117 posted on 1/30/2014 8:35:25 AM by R0CK3T
The Social Security system doesn't do enough for Americans and should be expanded. A Good Post.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.
I unironically agree with a freeper that Social Security should be expanded instead of funneling money into bonds.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

VideoTapir posted:

Did patrolling it almost make you wish for a nuclear winter?

Sorry, everyone :(

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Wolfsheim posted:

Did patrolling it almost make you wish for a nuclear winter?

Sorry, everyone :(

We won't go quietly- the Legion can count on that.

what have you done

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Erghh posted:

Going back a bit; IIRC there is an actual left/marxist/commie-death idea that management salaries should given as a percent/ratio of the lowest paid workers at a company. If the bottom of the payscale is $5 an hour then, by law, the boss can't make more than five times that and so on.

I've reached a point where my first thought with this sort of thing is "How would freep react to that?"

Then realizing I already know. :getin:

That's how the CEO of Costco operates IIRC. It's probably a hated company by Freepers as well.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

quote:

To: Vaquero
- It appears the smart money bought pre-1899 Colt SAAs

- The going prices have doubled or tripled in the last two years and many are now well over $10,000 - with a bullet ^

110 posted on 1/30/2014 5:54:33 AM by devolve ("He's just 'too talented' to do what 'ordinary people' do." "Barry of Bungle" "Homo Electus")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 109 | View Replies]
They're going up, uP, UP!!

Finally those investments in antique revolver futures I made will pay off!

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Zero_Grade posted:

They're going up, uP, UP!!

Finally those investments in antique revolver futures I made will pay off!

Man those Pawn Stars dudes must be swimming in piles of Freeper money.

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
ATL weather chat: the biggest issue that doesn't face like, any other major metro is the fact that the lily-white suburban sprawl have voted down allowing MARTA into their counties like 6 times because of "those people." Having only 3% of your population use mass transit for their commute will generally gently caress poo poo up if anything happens to the roads.

See also: the braves moving to Cobb, ATL building a goddamn dedicated interstate so the suburbs could get to the Olympics etc.

Its been said before but Nathan Deal and Kasim Reed are the dream team of incompetence and corruption. When you have a place where most citizens and people are in power are freepers, well, you see what happens.

SuperDucky fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Jan 30, 2014

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

ratbert90 posted:

That's how the CEO of Costco operates IIRC. It's probably a hated company by Freepers as well.

Head of whole foods as well. Those hoity toity lefties!

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
if you want economic rebuttals to peter schiff bullcrap and other similar trash economics there's a good channel worth subscribing to: http://www.youtube.com/user/SchittReport?feature=watch

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

Kavak posted:

We won't go quietly- the Legion can count on that.

what have you done

I heard Primm wimped out and accepted NCR rule.

you monsters

SuperDucky posted:

Its been said before but Nathan Deal and Kasim Reed are the dream team of incompetence and corruption. When you have a place where most citizens and people are in power are freepers, well, you see what happens.

Yeah, basically this is the reason all this has happened and why people are being trapped and dying.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

To: GIdget2004
And they will be depicted as cool, good, loving parents. Not the doofus they make men out to be.

Other than the old Disney classics I don’t watch Disney anything. Even their new movies are propaganda machines (since basically Mulan)

13 posted on 1/28/2014 9:19:41 AM by Resolute Conservative

Now I finally know Freepers are utterly irredeemable. Anyone who doesn't like Mulan has no soul. :colbert:

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Tigntink posted:

Head of whole foods as well. Those hoity toity lefties!

I thought While Foods was owned by a libertarian that was just cashing in on a market.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

predicto posted:

Now I finally know Freepers are utterly irredeemable. Anyone who doesn't like Mulan has no soul. :colbert:

I can't figure out what propaganda he's referring to in regards to Mulan. If he's whining about its notions of gender equality he should take it up with ancient Chinese seeing as how the movie was based off the legend of Hua Mulan.

Radish posted:

I thought While Foods was owned by a libertarian that was just cashing in on a market.

It is. The guy is batshit crazy too. He recently said Obamacare was fascism and strongly opposes any form of unionism. He is, of course, a self proclaimed Austrian economics advocate and Ayn Rand fanboy.

Darkman Fanpage fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jan 30, 2014

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Darkman Fanpage posted:

I can't figure out what propaganda he's referring to in regards to Mulan.

Probably just the breaking of gender traditional roles.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
You'd think they would latch onto the part about defending one's family against a rampaging horde of darker-skinned barbarians.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Wait, are they serious about this? While I think that while a lot of modern music and TV promotes materialism and poor behavior, I don't think Mulan is such a case.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

DemeaninDemon posted:

You'd think they would latch onto the part about defending one's family against a rampaging horde of darker-skinned barbarians.

In addition to not liking the female protagonist, I suspect there's a bit of their "China = commies! = :freep:HATE!:freep:" plays into it as well.

amuayse posted:

While I think that while a lot of modern music and TV promotes materialism and poor behavior,

Tell me more :allears:

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.
Death penalty sought for accused Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev

quote:

To: bryan999
the criminal trial; better happen fast or pResident 0'ButtCrack
won't be able to pardon him..offer clemency.

2 posted on 1/30/2014 1:34:27 PM by skinkinthegrass (The end move in politics is always to pick up a gun..0'Caligula / 0'Reid / 0'Pelosi)

I have no idea if you can center anything in BBcode but this guy's comment is centered and it looks really funny.

quote:

Let the sentence Publicly Hung.
4 posted on 1/30/2014 1:36:53 PM by SandRat (Duty - Honor - Country! What else needs said?)

#freejahar can down with this :pervert:

quote:

Why not send him to Guantanomo and torture him for the names of terrorists in his homeland, and hand that list to Putin for appropriate family therapies?

8 posted on 1/30/2014 1:41:55 PM by grania

Unexpected but in retrospect unsurprising Putin love!

quote:

I don’t want him executed until we learn all the facts
about the case—ie, there was that suspect killed while
being interrogated by the FBI in Florida.

As well, I don’t believe that the two brothers were alone;
I think they had help. So who were their helpers?

9 posted on 1/30/2014 1:43:04 PM by CondorFlight (I)

Does anyone know why some freepers format their posts like this? I truly don't understand it.

quote:

To: BenLurkin
He is too white for those racist Hollyweird lefties. They only support murders of color.

12 posted on 1/30/2014 1:45:00 PM by Dutch Boy

Reverse racist liberals.

quote:

“After consideration of the relevant facts, the applicable regulations and the submissions made by the defendant’s counsel, I have determined that the United States will seek the death penalty in this matter,” Attorney General Eric H. Holder
I trust this Tsarnaev kid, who hasn't been convicted of anything, more than Holder.

13 posted on 1/30/2014 1:51:23 PM by Count of Monte Fisto (The foundation of modern society is the denial of reality.)

:stare:

quote:

The punk wants his virgins. I say we give him LWOP in solitary... Make him wait for the carnal pleasures as long as possible... /Sarc

16 posted on 1/30/2014 2:00:48 PM by BigEdLB (Now there ARE 1,000,000 regrets - but it may be too late.)

So is he for or against executing Dzhokhar?

quote:

Funny, Federal prosecuters pretty much give the criminals they like carte blanche these days.

I guess the NWO/CIA/DOJ wants no loose ends on this one.

17 posted on 1/30/2014 2:01:26 PM by PieterCasparzen (We have to fix things ourselves)

:freep: FALSE FLAG :freep:

Honestly the reaction is not as ghoulish as I was expecting but then again this is breaking news, so it will surely get worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

I love that Freep is constantly complaining that Obama is a terrorist sympathizer and whatnot and then when the justice department announces they're seeking the death penalty for a terrorist they suddenly reverse position. You can't have it both ways, guys!

• Locked thread