Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".
http://variety.com/2014/film/news/marvel-taps-craig-kyle-to-co-write-thor-3-with-christopher-yost-1201076954/

Kyle and Yost to write Thor 3. :banjo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Oh Hel yes. This is great news.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

Is it too much to ask that Thor 3 adapts the God Killer storyline from Thor: God of Thunder? A guy can dream... :allears:

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

bowser posted:

Is it too much to ask that Thor 3 adapts the God Killer storyline from Thor: God of Thunder? A guy can dream... :allears:

This would rule so much. Get some awesome actor like Dolph Lundgren or Kurt Russell in to play old Thor. Fuuuuuuck.

prezbuluskey
Jul 23, 2007
A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.

Hakkesshu posted:

This would rule so much. Get some awesome actor like Dolph Lundgren or Kurt Russell in to play old Thor. Fuuuuuuck.

....Liam Hemsworth as young thor? But that would be an amazing opportunity for someone to play a non-Loki interesting villain in a Marvel movie (I want Michael Shannon in a Marvel movie so bad).

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
The God Killer storyline would be amazing to see. My only other wish is to have Thor + Beta Ray Bill + Throg take on Celestials.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Naw, they gotta introduce Eric Masterson so we can have the Warmachine/Bucky/Thunderstrike team-up movie.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

boom boom boom posted:

Naw, they gotta introduce Eric Masterson so we can have the Warmachine/Bucky/Thunderstrike team-up movie.

I tells ya, a Avengers B-List movie would rock. Gwyneth Paltrow, Don Cheadle, Sebastian Sean, Warriors Three...

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Maybe the villain will be Enchantress, since her sister will be in Agents of SHIELD together with Sif.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Gatts posted:

I tells ya, a Avengers B-List movie would rock. Gwyneth Paltrow, Don Cheadle, Sebastian Sean, Warriors Three...

All lead by Kat Dennings.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

boom boom boom posted:

All lead by Kat Dennings.
In her first featured role in the Marvel Cinematic Universe after the Phase 3 reveal that she is actually Squirrel Girl.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

The MSJ posted:

Maybe the villain will be Enchantress, since her sister will be in Agents of SHIELD together with Sif.

I hope not. I always prefer the Enchantress when she's more of a foil for Thor than straight up villain. She's way more interesting when she and Thor are portrayed as deeply in love with each other, but incapable of actually being together.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

TetsuoTW posted:

In her first featured role in the Marvel Cinematic Universe after the Phase 3 reveal that she is actually Squirrel Girl.

Temp me not with things that may never be!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

The MSJ posted:

TetsuoTW posted:

I am totally down with these.

But I do want to see Enchantress and Executioner, as I want it to be set on Earth and them being exiled from Asgard and sent to earth would be great. Also, Wrecking Crew.

Though they would not be the main villain, but I'm coming up against a brick wall thinking of what would be the biggest and baddest villain in all of Thor, and only really the God Killer. They could mesh all those together.

Kat Dennings being Squirrel girl would explain why she's just so cute.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

twistedmentat posted:

Though they would not be the main villain, but I'm coming up against a brick wall thinking of what would be the biggest and baddest villain in all of Thor, and only really the God Killer. They could mesh all those together.

Aside from Loki, his arch-villain is probably Surtur. It'd be pretty cool if the next couple of films had extra stingers where we see Surtur forging the Twilight sword in the crucible of a collapsing galaxy (just like in Walter Simonson's comics :allears:).

I'm not sure if Thor has all that many great villains. His biggest "mortal" bad guy is probably the Absorbing Man, but he's more of a minion than a big bad in his own right. Same deal with Grey Gargoyole, the Wrecking Crew, Mr Hyde, the Radioactive Man and possibly Mangog.

I think the High Evolutionary could have potential; Marvel could tie him into the Inhumans if they're still dead set on having them. Maybe Ego the Living Planet.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I want to see how these are rendered on screen.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

TetsuoTW posted:

She's too irritating to even be Squirrel Girl.

She could be Deadpool.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

She's too irritating to even be Squirrel Girl.

She could be Deadpool.
Lady Deadpool confirmed?!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

twistedmentat posted:

I am totally down with these.

But I do want to see Enchantress and Executioner, as I want it to be set on Earth and them being exiled from Asgard and sent to earth would be great. Also, Wrecking Crew.

Kat Dennings being Squirrel girl would explain why she's just so cute.

Thor vs Ego!

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Enchantress could mean Absorbing Man or the real Wrecking Crew...which it won't because Loeb is involved and he is a clueless tool that hates fun.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Hey look, it's Batroc

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Thor 3 would come out between Avengers 2 and 3, right? Might make more sense to have him up against some suped up Thanos minion

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Opopanax posted:

Thor 3 would come out between Avengers 2 and 3, right? Might make more sense to have him up against some suped up Thanos minion

Eh. I'd rather the Avengers 3 start with or Thor 3 end with Asgard in smoldering ruins at the hand of Thanos if they have to go that way. Give me something else, more interesting for Thor 3.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dacap posted:

Hey look, it's Batroc

After that kick he just kind of hugs Cap for 90 minutes and wins the movie somehow.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Moustache needs to be twirlier

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
I'm really pumped for some of the fight choreography in Winter Soldier. The cool up close knife fight we saw in the trailer was so hard to try and follow.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Dacap posted:

Moustache needs to be twirlier

That wispy poo poo is a disgrace to Batroc's glorious facial hair.

devoir
Nov 16, 2007
The tactical harness he's wearing seems really similar to the one that Cap wears in the movie costumes. I know nothing about Batroc, though, so this may not be a surprise or interesting.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

That wispy poo poo is a disgrace to Batroc's glorious facial hair.
What you don't know is that the magnificent 'stache could not be recreated naturally, so an entire render farm has been rented out from WETA solely to make sure that each and every follicle bobs, weaves and rustles ever so sensually with the utmost care and attention afforded to it by modern technological standards.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Gatts posted:

Eh. I'd rather the Avengers 3 start with or Thor 3 end with Asgard in smoldering ruins at the hand of Thanos if they have to go that way. Give me something else, more interesting for Thor 3.

That'd be pretty cool - have the threat be something really interesting, mid-way through the film Thor goes to Odin for help but surprise its loki, they have a mini fight but loki points out Asgard is being ruled just fine and they team up or whatever. Then end the film with Thanos crushing the poo poo out of Asgard and Loki swears to have his revenge, leading to a team up in Avengers 3.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Haveway through Thor 3 he gets turned into a frog. The only person who can save him and wield the hammer is a horse looking alien. It ends with the two of them fighting EGO

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

bobkatt013 posted:

Haveway through Thor 3 he gets turned into a frog. The only person who can save him and wield the hammer is a horse looking alien. It ends with the two of them fighting EGO

I think if handled right, and I think they can do it after watching Thor 2, ridiculous stuff like that would go over well. "This Horse! This Throg! Team up to take on the living planet, Ego!" and then we can open with Ego approaching the Earth, sweet talking it, and saying things like "Oh, you got a shorty? That's cool." when he looks at the Moon.

Like in that comic. That was fantastic.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It's not like Throg and Beta Ray Bill are somehow more ridiculous than Rocket Raccoon or Groot.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Metal Loaf posted:

Aside from Loki, his arch-villain is probably Surtur. It'd be pretty cool if the next couple of films had extra stingers where we see Surtur forging the Twilight sword in the crucible of a collapsing galaxy (just like in Walter Simonson's comics :allears:).

If Surtur is in a movie I believe Hemsworth is legally obligated to say this line.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

It's not like Throg and Beta Ray Bill are somehow more ridiculous than Rocket Raccoon or Groot.

I mean its not like Doop is in DOFP (I now want this)

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
So, uh... Marvel doesn't really get this whole "timing" thing, do they? I assume they just heard that Scarlett was in the news a lot right now and decided "this is the perfect time for a new promo poster!"

Looks okay I guess, even if her suits seem to be less practical with every passing movie.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

404GoonNotFound posted:

So, uh... Marvel doesn't really get this whole "timing" thing, do they? I assume they just heard that Scarlett was in the news a lot right now and decided "this is the perfect time for a new promo poster!"

Looks okay I guess, even if her suits seem to be less practical with every passing movie.

They are releasing a trailer this sunday so they are ramping up promotion.

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jan 30, 2014

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I'm okay with the outfit, but something about the perspective is loving with my head.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

404GoonNotFound posted:

Posters. There are new one-sheets for Cap and Fury as well, that came out at the same time.

Also, it would seem that they understand timing perfectly by releasing a Scarlett poster as she's in the news, no?

Sion posted:

It's not perspective, she gets the Goliath serum in this film.
She's actually dragging the helicarrier behind her!

redbackground fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Jan 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

jivjov posted:

I'm okay with the outfit, but something about the perspective is loving with my head.

It's not perspective, she gets the Goliath serum in this film.

redbackground posted:

She's actually dragging the helicarrier behind her!

The poster isn't the final version. It's meant to have ropes running from the ends of her guns to either end of the helicarrier. The fact that it's moving up and she's in that weird pose is because she's doing jump rope with it.

Mystery solved.

Sion fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Jan 30, 2014

• Locked thread