Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Writer Cath posted:

Sam's going to have an IQ in the negative digits by the end of the season if he keeps getting kabonged like this.

Well he already has that confused puppy look down pat. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Two seasons ago, Dean would have ganked him during that hug.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

jscolon2.0 posted:

Two seasons ago, Dean would have ganked him during that hug.

Was it only two seasons ago when he killed Sam's friend?

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

computer parts posted:

Was it only two seasons ago when he killed Sam's friend?

Yeah, that was season 7.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
That was kind of an interesting episode, but Sam's terms don't make a lick of sense. At all.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
This episode had a strange absence of Castiel. I guess werewolves can't really be a credible threat when your angel back-up can just burn them out.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack it's a good thing next week's episode looks great, because this week was TERRIBLE. Low point of the season.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Was Taters posted:

Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack it's a good thing next week's episode looks great, because this week was TERRIBLE. Low point of the season.

I couldn't sit through the dog episode. I got through this one just fine.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

Tokubetsu posted:

I couldn't sit through the dog episode. I got through this one just fine.

Was the dog ep this year? Doublewhammy badness - weird for what is otherwise a pretty solid season thusfar.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

It was a nice throwback episode to early seasons where the main quest was to just save a town from a monster. Also as someone who lives in Wisconsin, I got a kick out of Deans "freaking Wisconsin" groans.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
"Yeah, we're going to live, work and travel together, basically spending %90 of our time in each other's company, but we're not brothers." Yes, because that makes total sense and seems like something Dean would be capable of doing.

I get what they're going for, but it's so trite.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Eh, this ep felt really poorly placed. I wish they'd have kept Sam and Dean separated for a few eps and kind of have more team-ups with previous recurring characters. We haven't even gotten a real proper Sam-Castiel storyline yet.

Writer Cath posted:

"Yeah, we're going to live, work and travel together, basically spending %90 of our time in each other's company, but we're not brothers." Yes, because that makes total sense and seems like something Dean would be capable of doing.

Yeah, like how many times have they had Sam and Dean working together but with some manufactured drama?

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Writer Cath posted:

I get what Sam means, that either you can come with and act like a hunter (with all the sacrifices that might entail) or stay away and be like family. But I don't know why the hell he thinks Dean would ever be capable of that.

Also seems like Sam just has a serious suicidal death wish at this point that's coloring everything he does.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

He probably blames himself for every death caused by a demon because he could have stopped it all.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Kimmalah posted:

I get what Sam means, that either you can come with and act like a hunter (with all the sacrifices that might entail) or stay away and be like family.

I wasn't getting that there's an "or" there. Sam has basically told Dean he's done with him as family. The implicit trust that should be there because they are family is utterly shattered at this point. He will work with him as a fellow professional, but that trust only extends to the boundary of the job at hand.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

bull3964 posted:

I wasn't getting that there's an "or" there. Sam has basically told Dean he's done with him as family. The implicit trust that should be there because they are family is utterly shattered at this point. He will work with him as a fellow professional, but that trust only extends to the boundary of the job at hand.

Well I mean he did say they could be like family if Dean stayed away, because he couldn't trust Dean to do what needed to be done on the job anymore.

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
Wasn't tonights episode basically a re-hash of a similar storyline a few seasons ago except with vampires?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

WastedJoker posted:

Wasn't tonights episode basically a re-hash of a similar storyline a few seasons ago except with vampires?

There was a Season 2 episode where they meet a Vampire Hunter and a nest of vampires that wasn't evil but in that episode none of the vampires were evil and they end the episode by tying up the Hunter.

I mean really it's a rehash in the same way that the episode with the Roman Goddess this season was a rehash of the one with Osiris, i.e. not really but there are similar beats.

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
Just watched episode, Dean should have told Garth about purgatory, that was not fun times.

Saveron_01
Dec 27, 2004
Last night's episode was the Most Watched (2.8 million) Since 10/15/2010. At least the viewers are coming back to watching the show.

You think moving it to its new time slot this season are helping those ratings?

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

I'm so sick of Sam and Dean drama. It's always second verse, same as the first. (or third, fourth, fifth, sixth etc)

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Oh please just stop with the fifty-second, eighty-ninth, whatever goddamn time it is now of "I CANNOT TRUST YOU / I DID IT FOR YOU / YOU'RE MY BROTHER / *angst*.

It's just the worst.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

My mom and her siblings watch the show and you wouldn't believe it but the bro angst is their favorite part. They talk about it after every episode.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I was laughing when it seemed like Dean called it out at the end of the show.

"Somebody change the playbook man!"

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Just kill Sam already. It's time for the Dean, Cas, and Crowley show.

DirtyRobot
Dec 15, 2003

it was a normally happy sunny day... but Dirty Robot was dirty

KilGrey posted:

I'm so sick of Sam and Dean drama. It's always second verse, same as the first. (or third, fourth, fifth, sixth etc)

Now that we've seen "The French Mistake" I always suspect that those horrible scenes are literally the writers just being like oh gently caress we're a minute short--let's add bro-to-bro angst!

KNITS MY FEEDS posted:

If they don't want to gently caress over Jared Padalecki, they should actually do this but have Sam just be perma-possessed by some new character.

edit: I spell real good

edit2: VVVV yessss

DirtyRobot fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Jan 30, 2014

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

DirtyRobot posted:

Now that we've seen "The French Mistake" I always suspect that those horrible scenes are literally the writers just being like oh gently caress we're a minute short--let's had bro-to-bro angst!

If they don't want to gently caress of Jared Padalecki, they should actually do this but have Sam just be perma-possessed by some new character.

Or have him possessed by Gabriel

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
Psht, just kill Dean. Sick of his poo poo.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Was Taters posted:

Psht, just kill Dean. Sick of his poo poo.

Dean is the best how dare you

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Dean is the best how dare you

Not as long as Crowley is around.

Or Garth.

Or Castiel.

devoir
Nov 16, 2007
I'll be sad to see Dean go. Info about upcoming spinoff and its impact on the main series.

Heh, psych.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

devoir posted:

Heh, psych.

You dick

It sounds like it could be interesting? I wonder if it'll still film in Vancouver and just use exterior Chicago shots. I just hope it doesn't take itself too seriously.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Chicago? Maybe in the series the main character will ride a zombie dinosaur.

devoir
Nov 16, 2007

hope and vaseline posted:

You dick

It sounds like it could be interesting? I wonder if it'll still film in Vancouver and just use exterior Chicago shots. I just hope it doesn't take itself too seriously.

I'm a little concerned about the monster variety aspect (or lack thereof) that 'tribes' implies, although Grimm has had some interesting wesen on wesen storylines.

IMDB link for the guy who wrote the pilot: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1877263/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

KNITS MY FEEDS posted:

I like Sam but this kinda ties into why I loved the s5 ending so much. Dean gets do what he wants enjoy his life almost simply because Sam wasn't in it.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Things this show needs less of: bro-wangst.

Things this show needs more of: Nazi cult societies.

McSpanky fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Jan 30, 2014

devoir
Nov 16, 2007
I really hope that the "Boy and his Golem" make a return, either in the main series or perhaps recurring in the spin-off. It seems like, in this season more than any other, there have been so many opportunities for recurring cast that get thrown away.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
I've been rewatching the whole show for the past couple of months and I'm up to season 6. The first time around I watched the show over the span of a few years, I think I started back when season 4 first aired and then just followed it as it was on TV.

This time around since it's in such a short time frame I have only one thing to say:

I really miss the bromance from the first few seasons, WTH happened :negative:

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

CHiRAL posted:

I've been rewatching the whole show for the past couple of months and I'm up to season 6. The first time around I watched the show over the span of a few years, I think I started back when season 4 first aired and then just followed it as it was on TV.

This time around since it's in such a short time frame I have only one thing to say:

I really miss the bromance from the first few seasons, WTH happened :negative:

They buried (burned) their father, went to hell, lost a soul and watched friends & loved ones die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

KilGrey posted:

Junior G-man posted:

Oh please just stop with the fifty-second, eighty-ninth, whatever goddamn time it is now of "I CANNOT TRUST YOU / I DID IT FOR YOU / YOU'RE MY BROTHER / *angst*.

It's just the worst.

GreenNight posted:

My mom and her siblings watch the show and you wouldn't believe it but the bro angst is their favorite part. They talk about it after every episode.

They were lampshading both the fact that the bro-angst was tepid and overdone and the fact that it's what the diehards tune in for during the "real world" episode in Season 6.

• Locked thread