Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
The reason everyone puts up with Cooper's poo poo instead of firing him is because he's really good at building displays. This was seriously the reason given in the strip. This also somehow makes him supervisor material and a good leadership example.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

Speaking of scrolling straight past something, this thread has been lacking in Rex Morgan for a while.
And Mary Worth, for that matter!

Both of which I will cheerfully admit to actually enjoying because they are so often dumb and uneventful. (Plus, they made for some of the best edits.)

And as mentioned, if we have to have horrible poo poo like 3 Holbrook strips, two McEldowney strips, Mike du loving Jour AND Gilchrist's zombie Nancy Ol' Opry in this thread, we really have no excuse for not bringing Rex and Mary in, too.

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004
If you're interested in Mad, you might consider picking up Absolutely Mad. It's a DVD-ROM of every issue through 2006. Older issues can be grainy, but you get the sweep from weird comic book to grubby magazine to crappy comic book magazine. Your library really isn't complete without it.

The only movie or TV show I know of that Sergio drew was Conehead the Barbituate and he did it proud.

Lio has the same pet as Dot Warner, but his box isn't as compact.

Edit: The word "peace" appears in several languages in that picture, notably on the globe but Russian "mir" is on the boat. That's probably the Thai version of the word.

don Jaime fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Jan 30, 2014

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

Magic Hate Ball posted:

He does? Also, what happened to that guy? For some reason you're not allowed to talk about him in the Political Cartoons thread.

D'oh, I'm an idiot. I meant Death Ray. He draws for Mad.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
No way, really? I believe it, given his quality. But that's crazy. (also they accept drek like Tod Roll so...)

Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

LvK posted:

You know the rule about how, if you don't get one of these strips, you should assume it's about sex? When you're bored by one of these strips, ALSO assume it's about sex.

So, always?

Midnight Moth posted:

On the Fastrack

If they sacrifice their hard disk space until after the reboot, doesn't that mean they'll just be deleted? Is the bug trying to murder malware by trickery?

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Fingerpori

Your speed
122 (km/h)
Slow down
- Really!
- It didn't seem that slow to me

hidas slow
hidastaa to slow down
hidasta slow down! (imperative)
hidasta slow (partitive (object)); "That's slow"

Fok_It

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Julet Esqu posted:

Apartment 3-G

It has paws. Tommie, I think you just brought in a stray dog.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Green Intern posted:

It has paws. Tommie, I think you just brought in a stray dog.

The poor colorist must be so confused. :saddowns:
Unless he's the same guy as the artist, in which case he's gotta be doing this stuff on purpose.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Gil's knowledge of the 70s is impressive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aU4pyiB-kq0

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

Speaking of scrolling straight past something, this thread has been lacking in Rex Morgan for a while.

Hey, yeah you are right. Its funny how a comic that I read every day disappears from this thread and I don't even notice till someone says anything.

Anyone want to take up posting those two?

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Tiggum posted:

So, always?

Yeah, man! You got it!

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Mister Kingdom posted:

Gil's knowledge of the 70s is impressive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aU4pyiB-kq0

I was going to compliment his taste in late 80's hiphop. Gil knows what's up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0irL1M15DH8

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
This thread reminds me, we selected the wallpaper for our new house recently and I got moomin wallpapers for m- the kids (not my kids in picture, just a product image):

shmee
Jun 24, 2005

His Divine Shadow posted:

This thread reminds me, we selected the wallpaper for our new house recently and I got moomin wallpapers for m- the kids (not my kids in picture, just a product image):

I too have taken advantage of being a new father to decorate my son with quality togs. For him, of course.

Looking at the website, they have another one I could get:

If I could get this on a shirt for me I totally would. Seems that Moomin clothes are the domain of women and babies only though :negative:

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Cul-de-sac

The Creeps
is stuck on yesterday :(

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
Jane's World

Non Sequitur

It is a Hey y'all watch this joke, you see. :ughh:

Heavenly Nostrils

Kliban's Cats

:)

9 Chickweed Lane 1/30/2003

And this is the guy you're going to be screwing in a few years...

Zits

Agreed. Who wants to hear I'M IRA GLASS!!! :v:

Kevin & Kell

Why does the Fennec Boarding House look like the New York Stock Exchange?

Nemi

:3:

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

shmee posted:

I too have taken advantage of being a new father to decorate my son with quality togs. For him, of course.

Looking at the website, they have another one I could get:

If I could get this on a shirt for me I totally would. Seems that Moomin clothes are the domain of women and babies only though :negative:

I want a black t-shirt with stinky on it for me.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

His Divine Shadow posted:

I want a black t-shirt with stinky on it for me.

Sounds like you need some Manhattan Dynamite!

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Peanuts (February 2, 1967)

The consensus is that Peanuts takes somewhere in Minnesota and it's not going to get above 9 degrees in Minneapolis tomorrow. '67's punchline is '14's plea for mercy.

Funky Winkerbean

Popeye: Yeah, Olive, where did you leave the kid? And why do you think the sailor should marry you again?

Fortunately Swee'pea is the most capable regular character whose name isn't in the title.

Rip Haywire

Pogo (February 2, 1956)

Out Our Way (May 7-8, 1924)

At first I thought Wash Funk was the way he was because of the minstrel show tradition, but now? Multiple mule-kick concussions.

R Ubbish
Apr 15, 2013

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

The Return of Moomin's Shadow

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Monty

Mike du Jour

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
That is the actual opposite of a joke.

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord

Midnight Moth posted:

Dustin

Tune in tomorrow for an honest-to-God airplane food rant.

Like I said before, you're a fatass, Ed. You don't get to complain about not having enough space.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

How the gently caress is any editor letting Mike Du Jour run this complete dreck?

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

I can't stop laughing at Monty in the last panel there. The main does not kid around when it comes to Risk.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

don Jaime posted:

The only movie or TV show I know of that Sergio drew was Conehead the Barbituate and he did it proud.

Don Martin, actually. Although Sergio is doing a Groo/Conan crossover comic right now.

You can see it here.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Bloom County

This would make my head explode all over the carpet.
:goonsay:

Calvin And Hobbes

Cathy is a classic (in a sense), and is largely credited with bringing 'women's issues' (in the four "guilt groups": Food, Love, Mothers, and Work) to the fore of the comics pages (completely ignoring Juliet Jones' excellence). It ended in 2010, but lives on in reruns.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Everett True
March 16 & 17, 1918

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

I would so be down to play Risk with Monty.

On the other hand Ham Shears would probably spend the entire time giving out humanitarian aid.

January 13, 2014

Ride The Gravitron fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Jan 30, 2014

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
Sergio Aragones

(A Mad Look at Birthdays; Mad #426, March 2003)

Kirby refers to Kirby Shaw, the son of cartoonist Scott Shaw! (with an exclamation point). Sergio is close friends with Scott and every so often he draws him somewhere in his cartoons. If you ever see a fat guy in a Hawaiian shirt, it's Scott.

(Mad #150, April 1972; written by Sergio Aragones, illustrated by Paul Coker Jr.)

Don Martin Dept.

Thorn (January 26-27, 1984)

Lucky Cow (April 8-10, 2004)

The FoxTrot kids did that same trick, too.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Heathcliff

Mandrake the Magician

:allears:

The Phantom

Pickles

Classic Prince Valiant

And that's it for Prince Arn. Tomorrow begins In the Service of King Arthur!
Link to the album: http://imgur.com/a/Zy0p2

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

GorfZaplen posted:

The Phantom

Well for Christ's sake stop touching it and don't keep it in a jungle cave! :psyduck:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Dude should really donate some of that stuff to museums.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

^^^ *For the Ghost who recklessly hoards antiquities.

Darthemed posted:

Cathy is a classic (in a sense), and is largely credited with bringing 'women's issues' (in the four "guilt groups": Food, Love, Mothers, and Work) to the fore of the comics pages (completely ignoring Juliet Jones' excellence). It ended in 2010, but lives on in reruns.
Literally everytime I see the art in Cathy I hear "chocolate, chocolate, chocolate AAAAK" in my head.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

EDIT: ^ aw yeah, posting bros

This is the closest Cathy ever came to being funny:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbCT5fXdhhc

You know what's always funny, though? Dorgs n Snow Comix!

Pooch Café

Now he's riding Hudson like a tauntaun. This is definitely working up to slicing him open and crawling inside him for warmth.

Ballard Street

This is the first time I've ever seen snow on Ballard Street. Normally the weather calls for button-up short sleeves and trousers worn up to the ribs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

GorfZaplen posted:

Mandrake the Magician

:allears:

Wait. No no.. wait... that's it? Seriously? After all this goddamn build up they're just going to loving leave because it's too loud?! There's not going to be some "battle for the planet Earth" or some poo poo like that? They're just going to walk away? Naw.. I don't believe it. :v:

• Locked thread