Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Lemon Curdistan posted:

It's pretty active, but 90% of the traffic is people with obvious D&D-shaped hangups asking for rules clarifications.

Yeah, the group's kinda weird about it too.
But hey, progress is progress, and once they get it, they'll spread the idea to others, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Lemon Curdistan posted:

It's pretty active, but 90% of the traffic is people with obvious D&D-shaped hangups asking for rules clarifications.

Perhaps the same could be said of all online RPG discussion spots.

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~
Regarding the exploration rules, the lack of any stat bonuses means that unless people find other sources of modifiers, they'll typically be generating something like 1 Explorer hold per exploration and giving the GM 4 Environment Hold. That's assuming they all roll partial successes, which'll be the most likely roll with a +0. Of course, in actual play results will vary from this, but the example you gave is pretty much on the lucky side for the players. (In particular, the 12 had about 3% chance of occurring, and 10+ has about 17% chance of occurring.)

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

It would be nice to have something like "When you make a friend in a hostile land, or hear rumors about local threats and opportunities, or find ancient maps, take +1 on your next explore move."

e: vvv oh, yeah, like that

BrotherAdso
May 22, 2008

stat rosa pristina nomine
nomina nuda tenemus

Kaja Rainbow posted:

Regarding the exploration rules, the lack of any stat bonuses means that unless people find other sources of modifiers, they'll typically be generating something like 1 Explorer hold per exploration and giving the GM 4 Environment Hold. That's assuming they all roll partial successes, which'll be the most likely roll with a +0. Of course, in actual play results will vary from this, but the example you gave is pretty much on the lucky side for the players. (In particular, the 12 had about 3% chance of occurring, and 10+ has about 17% chance of occurring.)

I was figuring on a fair number of circumstance bonuses occuring -- players hiring a local guide, buying a half-finished map from a grizzled old dwarf, DMs awarding a +1 or a +2 on the side based on class bonuses.

But this is precisely the kind of input which is useful. I might need to dial down the "hold costs" for things or introduce bonuses based on stats, backgrounds, or classes more freely.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Those rolls should have a stat added to them. All the Undertake a Perilous Journey ones use 2d6+Wis so why shouldn't these ones have a modifier too?

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~

BrotherAdso posted:

I was figuring on a fair number of circumstance bonuses occuring -- players hiring a local guide, buying a half-finished map from a grizzled old dwarf, DMs awarding a +1 or a +2 on the side based on class bonuses.

But this is precisely the kind of input which is useful. I might need to dial down the "hold costs" for things or introduce bonuses based on stats, backgrounds, or classes more freely.
It's worth thinking about. I'll add that with a +1 the 10+ becomes 28%. With a +2, it's 42%. It isn't until +3 that it becomes more likely than not (58%, which is incidentally the chance of a 7+ at the baseline +0). So, yeah, some tweaking might be needed. And the lists of stuff you can spend Hold on could use condensing anyway.

BrotherAdso
May 22, 2008

nomina nuda tenemus
Here's a re-work:

When the lead navigator rolls 2d6 + CHA to boldly keep everyone moving in the right direction together in the wilderness and gets a....
*12+, the players make normal travel time and camp as normal. The Navigator chooses: the party may take one Explorer Hold or take +1 forward on their Take Watch rolls.
*10-11, the players make normal travel time and camp as normal.
*7-9, The Navigator can choose either: the players make normal travel time and the DM takes one Environment Hold, or the players take -1 forward on Take Watch rolls, as they are tired and behind schedule.
*6-, the DM takes one Environment Hold and the players take -1 forward on Take Watch rolls.
When the scout rolls 2d6 + DEX or CON to move quickly and silently for long distances ahead of the party and gets a...
*12+, they take three Explorer Hold.
*10-11, they take two Explorer Hold.
*7-9, They take one Explorer Hold and the DM takes one Environment Hold.
*6-, The DM takes two Environment Hold.

When the cartographer rolls 2d6 + INT to measure distances and identify features and gets a...
*12+, they take two Explorer Hold and the map is updated correctly.
*10-11, they take one Explorer Hold and the map is updated correctly.
*7-9, the DM takes one Environment hold and the map is updated correctly.
*6-, the DM takes two Environment hold and the character's map is left un-updated for this journey.

When the survivalist rolls 2d6 + WIS to recognize edible species and hazards gets a...
*12+, they can take one Explorer Hold and all players gain one ration.
*10-11, the Survivalist can choose whether players do not need to mark off a ration OR to take one Explorer Hold.
*7-9, the Survivalist can choose either: players must mark off one ration OR the DM takes one Environment Hold.
*6-, The players must mark off one ration, and the Survivalist must choose either: the players mark off an extra ration, or the DM takes two Environment Hold.

When the players hire a native guide, they may take a +1 forward on survivalist or scout rolls.
When the players hire a quartermaster, they may take a +1 forward on survivalist or cartographer rolls.
When the players hire a professional mapmaker, they make take +1 forward on cartographer or lead navigator rolls.
When the players buy a half-eaten map or act on a dubious rumor, they may take +1 forward on any one roll.
When the players consult an expert or buy a high quality map or guidebook, they make take +1 forward on any three rolls.

Does this look better?

BrotherAdso fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Jan 30, 2014

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
So I have a question.

What's the consensus over classes adding a 'unique' 7th stat?

Like instead of tying magic to INT or WIS, magical characters get +MAGIC, and an extra +0 when picking their stats at character creation?

Is this a terrible idea? and if so, why?

RSIxidor
Jun 19, 2012

Folks who can't handle a self-reference paradox are real suckers.

BrotherAdso posted:

Here's a re-work:

When the lead navigator rolls 2d6 + CHA to boldly keep everyone moving in the right direction together in the wilderness and gets a....
*12+, the players make normal travel time and camp as normal. The Navigator chooses: the party may take one Explorer Hold or take +1 forward on their Take Watch rolls.
*10-11, the players make normal travel time and camp as normal.
*7-9, The Navigator can choose either: the players make normal travel time and the DM takes one Environment Hold, or the players take -1 forward on Take Watch rolls, as they are tired and behind schedule.
*6-, the DM takes one Environment Hold and the players take -1 forward on Take Watch rolls.
When the scout rolls 2d6 + DEX or CON to move quickly and silently for long distances ahead of the party and gets a...
*12+, they take three Explorer Hold.
*10-11, they take two Explorer Hold.
*7-9, They take one Explorer Hold and the DM takes one Environment Hold.
*6-, The DM takes two Environment Hold.

When the cartographer rolls 2d6 + INT to measure distances and identify features and gets a...
*12+, they take two Explorer Hold and the map is updated correctly.
*10-11, they take one Explorer Hold and the map is updated correctly.
*7-9, the DM takes one Environment hold and the map is updated correctly.
*6-, the DM takes two Environment hold and the character's map is left un-updated for this journey.

When the survivalist rolls 2d6 + WIS to recognize edible species and hazards gets a...
*12+, they can take one Explorer Hold and all players gain one ration.
*10-11, the Survivalist can choose whether players do not need to mark off a ration OR to take one Explorer Hold.
*7-9, the Survivalist can choose either: players must mark off one ration OR the DM takes one Environment Hold.
*6-, The players must mark off one ration, and the Survivalist must choose either: the players mark off an extra ration, or the DM takes two Environment Hold.

When the players hire a native guide, they may take a +1 forward on survivalist or scout rolls.
When the players hire a quartermaster, they may take a +1 forward on survivalist or cartographer rolls.
When the players hire a professional mapmaker, they make take +1 forward on cartographer or lead navigator rolls.
When the players buy a half-eaten map or act on a dubious rumor, they may take +1 forward on any one roll.
When the players consult an expert or buy a high quality map or guidebook, they make take +1 forward on any three rolls.

Does this look better?

I would happily pay you some amount of dollars for a nicely formatted PDF of this stuff once you've got it down in the format you're happy with.

I like the stats being in there, personally.

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice

Error 404 posted:

So I have a question.

Like instead of tying magic to INT or WIS, magical characters get +MAGIC, and an extra +0 when picking their stats at character creation?

So far, this has been done instead by making the player pick an ability from several, each of which makes their extra stat bonus equivalent to another stat bonus. See the Inverse World Collector for an example.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

UrbanLabyrinth posted:

So far, this has been done instead by making the player pick an ability from several, each of which makes their extra stat bonus equivalent to another stat bonus. See the Inverse World Collector for an example.

I have not seen much Inverse World stuff, so I'll have to check that out.
But does my idea have any merit to it? I ask because I had an idea that kinda hinges on this working in a DW playbook.

Bigup DJ
Nov 8, 2012

Error 404 posted:

So I have a question.

Well it depends - what can you do by adding a whole new stat that you can't do by tying magic to an existing stat?

Edit: ↓↓↓ That too ↓↓↓

Bigup DJ fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jan 31, 2014

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

That split the night

College Slice

Error 404 posted:

I have not seen much Inverse World stuff, so I'll have to check that out.
Preview playbooks are at http://www.mediafire.com/view/?cdbi5ol0y8jha67, Collector is page 3.

quote:

But does my idea have any merit to it? I ask because I had an idea that kinda hinges on this working in a DW playbook.

I'd be cautious about adding another +0, since it'll drag their stat average downwards and thus make them marginally worse at everything else.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Is adding more complexity to a player class worth the things you want to do with that complexity? Is what you are adding necessary or could it be done with a pre-existing stat?

With Dungeon World my instinct is to try to have elegant and simple mechanics that don't get in the way of the narrative flow of the game.

I generally hate and do not have fun with overly complex game systems though, so take my opinion with that in mind.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

There are plenty of *world playbooks which effectively add an extra stat. Off the top of my head there's the Hoarder, the Marmot, the Mystery Agent, the mech-piloting one...even the Angel's "stock" is a number with special rules that's used to make rolls.

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

That split the night

College Slice

Doc Hawkins posted:

There are plenty of *world playbooks which effectively add an extra stat. Off the top of my head there's the Hoarder, the Marmot, the Mystery Agent, the mech-piloting one...even the Angel's "stock" is a number with special rules that's used to make rolls.

Most of those are closer to Hold than to a true stat though - they default to +0 or +3, then go up and down based on moves.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

UrbanLabyrinth posted:

Most of those are closer to Hold than to a true stat though - they default to +0 or +3, then go up and down based on moves.
Yeah something like Hold is fine. Like Poise in that wonderful Prince(ss) playbook.

I just don't really see how adding a seventh base stat really adds anything to a playbook that one of the six normal stats couldn't encompass.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Bigup DJ posted:

Well it depends - what can you do by adding a whole new stat that you can't do by tying magic to an existing stat?

This is a good Question, I'm honestly not sure now.
I was thinking by unchaining magic from the other stats (along with other changes I'm thinking of) you could open up to a wider range of character types, a character could be strong as well as good at magic without necessarily being tied to a high INT, I am planning on having Magic Users generate and spend Hold (as was mentioned by others) as the 'mana' for spells, but I also want to have players make a roll for it and +MAGIC seemed logical.

I realize typing this out, that this now seems unsatisfactory and I'll need to keep working on it.

UrbanLabyrinth posted:

Preview playbooks are at http://www.mediafire.com/view/?cdbi5ol0y8jha67, Collector is page 3.

I'd be cautious about adding another +0, since it'll drag their stat average downwards and thus make them marginally worse at everything else.

Thank You, and I did not think of the average being dragged down.

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

Is adding more complexity to a player class worth the things you want to do with that complexity? Is what you are adding necessary or could it be done with a pre-existing stat?

With Dungeon World my instinct is to try to have elegant and simple mechanics that don't get in the way of the narrative flow of the game.

I generally hate and do not have fun with overly complex game systems though, so take my opinion with that in mind.

My instinct is for simple as well.

The basic idea I'm working with, ( which may be better served by trying to make an entire new hack around) is DW style classes, but having them cut in half moves-wise. you have your basic class which gives you your stats and basic moves, and between 2-4 Background style Compendium classes.

I want most characters to have basic proficiency in the basic moves and their class' moves, but also able to branch out without having to impact what their core is. If Bob makes a magic user, I want that to be weirder and unique (not covered by the basic stats) compared to Liz who made a 'super smart' person, and put her points in INT. I want to make it a thing in the Fiction that Bob has this weird thing and Liz does not, and that Bob is fundamentally different from everyone else (In both good and bad ways), I felt that making a seventh class specific stat would accomplish this.

But I need to keep working on this. thanks for the feedback y'all.

Error 404 fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Jan 31, 2014

Bigup DJ
Nov 8, 2012

Error 404 posted:

This is a good Question, I'm honestly not sure now.
I was thinking by unchaining magic from the other stats (along with other changes I'm thinking of) you could open up to a wider range of character types, a character could be strong as well as good at magic without necessarily being tied to a high INT, I am planning on having Magic Users generate and spend Hold (as was mentioned by others) as the 'mana' for spells, but I also want to have players make a roll for it and +MAGIC seemed logical.

I realize typing this out, that this now seems unsatisfactory and I'll need to keep working on it.

Well here's an idea: Why not have some kind of Hold-stat like UrbanLabyrinth mentioned? Here's something I hacked up from another playbook I wrote:

Mana Mechanics posted:

Magicker - When you spend a few hours meditating on the Mysteries, hold 3 Mana. You can hold a maximum of 3 Mana at a time.
Mana-powered - You can't use this move if you hold 0 Mana.
Committed - You must commit Mana to this move in order to use it. When you commit your Mana to a move, spend 1 Mana and lower the cap on your Mana by 1. When you release committed Mana, the move deactivates and you raise the cap on your Essence by 1.

When you cast a spell, roll+Mana. You can cast spells which cost 0 Mana and hold on to your bonus, or you can cast a few bigger spells and use it all up.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Bigup DJ posted:

Magicker - When you spend a few hours meditating on the Mysteries, hold 3 Mana. You can hold a maximum of 3 Mana at a time.
Mana-powered - You can't use this move if you hold 0 Mana.
Committed - You must commit Mana to this move in order to use it. When you commit your Mana to a move, spend 1 Mana and lower the cap on your Mana by 1. When you release committed Mana, the move deactivates and you raise the cap on your Essence by 1.

When you cast a spell, roll+Mana. You can cast spells which cost 0 Mana and hold on to your bonus, or you can cast a few bigger spells and use it all up.

I have something almost exactly like Magicker as my first Move to generate Hold.
I can see using something like Committed (and something like mana powered is already "baked in" to the descriptiuon for relevant moves), I have a few "utility moves" that I felt covered extremely basic spells that any mage would know:

quote:

Arcane Defenses
When you wear no armor, have at least 1 Hold remaining, and carry less than your Load, you have 2 armor.

Discern Lore, Spout Realities
When you spend 1 Hold to view the world with your Mage's Sight, Your vision is opened to the truth of reality. You pierce illusions, analyze magical effects and objects, and see things that have been hidden. The GM will describe the area, describing any illusions and falsehoods, magical or otherwise, for what they are. While this ability is ongoing you take -2 forward to any other actions.

I am trying to stay away from specific spell lists and use freeform spellcasting involving tags and the fiction to describe/dictate what happens. (this is supposed to be potentially dangerous and powerful)

I was just thinking of also having the seventh stat on top of all of this (which I realize is not the best idea).

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Frankly I'd love to see some playbooks that use magic based off other stats and how you would frame that.

Make the Muscle Wizard a reality, Trad Games.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Gnome7 is making a bunch of them. Chufty Cold Mage is my personal favorite so far.

EDIT: On the other hand, I might start working on something of that stripe. HERO OF THE BEACH: When you Summon your Hero Halo to impress or intimidate, roll +STR...

Mr. Maltose fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Jan 31, 2014

Robzilla
Jul 28, 2003

READ IT AND WEEP JEWBOY!
Fun Shoe
Forfeit DM'd an Indigo Galleon run (I wanna say Monday night) as a test to see how we like the DW concepts. Needless to say I found it pretty god drat awesome. Pretty fast, quick to learn, incredibly character/story driven.

BrotherAdso
May 22, 2008

nomina nuda tenemus

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

Frankly I'd love to see some playbooks that use magic based off other stats and how you would frame that.

Make the Muscle Wizard a reality, Trad Games.

This is a total off the cuff brainstorm, but it could make anyone who dares to tap the power of ley lines a spellcaster...

When you channel the power of a ley line through your puny human body, roll +CON.

*on a 12+, hold 3 Arcane.
*on a 10-11, old 2 Arcane.
*on a 7-9, hold 1 Arcane and the DM may choose how the power of the Astral Beyond torments you.
*on a 6-, the DM may make a move and/or choose how the power of the Astral Beyond torments.

When you spend an arcane hold to crush your foes with the darkest of energies, roll +STR

When you spend an arcane hold to move with grace, speed, or unnatural means, roll +DEX

When you spend an arcane hold to endure pain or shield yourself from harm, roll +CON

When you spend an arcane hold to create or alter an object or create a lifelike illusion, roll +INT

When you spend an arcane hold to cast your senses far, break illusions, or commune, roll +WIS

When you spend an arcane hold to cause another to feel emotions or instincts at your whim, roll +CON.

BrotherAdso
May 22, 2008

nomina nuda tenemus

Robzilla posted:

Forfeit DM'd an Indigo Galleon run (I wanna say Monday night) as a test to see how we like the DW concepts. Needless to say I found it pretty god drat awesome. Pretty fast, quick to learn, incredibly character/story driven.

Indigo Galleon is my favorite thing to DM, I've done it twice for first timers now. I've had people bust out laughing at "Senator-Captain Balbus'" name both times.

forfeit
Oct 5, 2008
One of the players wrote a really cool ballad about the events of the session, so I'm trying to create a kind of Bard Compendium Class that gives Wizards some form of buff/debuff ability. Unfortunately I'm not yet familiar enough with DW to figure out how debuffs should work. My only ideas have them seeming useless or overpowered compared to the basic Arcane Art ripoff I've come up with. Should I just let them take Arcane Art, or can this be appropriately balanced somehow:

The Warder - Compendium Class
When you are a Wizard and produce a work celebrating your adventuring group's accomplishments, you may take this move when you next level up:

Impromptu Performance
When you channel arcane magic through your musical instrument during battle, roll +CHA. On a 10+, choose two. On a 7-9, choose one:
  • An ally is inspired by your performance and gains 1d8 temporary hitpoints.
  • An ally's weapon is imbued with arcane power and deals +1d4 damage forward.
  • An ally's situational awareness is bolstered, they take +1 armor forward.
  • Your performance does not draw additional, unwanted attention to you or your allies.
Temporary hitpoints fade shortly after combat ends, possibly resulting in death.

Once you have taken Impromptu Performance, the following moves may be taken in place of an advanced move

Echo Chamber
Each time you give an Impromptu Performance, you may choose one effect and double its intensity.

High Fidelity
Your Impromptu Performance now heals instead of granting temporary hitpoints.

Aural Migraine
Add the following option to Impromptu Performance:
  • An enemy is stunned briefly and drops their weapons to cover their ears.

Wubwubwubwub
You play a particularly annoying, monotonous "melody" and roll +CHA. On a 10+, choose two. On a 7-9, choose one:
  • An enemy takes 1d8 damage.
  • An enemy takes -1d4 ongoing to their damage rolls.
  • An enemy takes -1 armor ongoing.
  • Your performance does not fill the targeted enemy with an intense desire to end your life.

RSIxidor
Jun 19, 2012

Folks who can't handle a self-reference paradox are real suckers.

BrotherAdso posted:

Indigo Galleon is my favorite thing to DM, I've done it twice for first timers now. I've had people bust out laughing at "Senator-Captain Balbus'" name both times.

The first group I ran wanted to go after the Senator-Captain instead of bothering with anything else. Turning a villager into a chicken only escalated their desire to stomp him.

Elmo Oxygen
Jun 11, 2007

Kazuo Misaki Superfan #3

Don't make me lift my knee, young man.
When I ran it a long time ago, my group blew up the galleon, blew up the octopus people shrine, blew up the dwarf city, and burned the village to the ground. Pretty much all by accident.

edit: they also "accidentally" ate one of the chicken villagers.

Elmo Oxygen fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Jan 31, 2014

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

When you "accidentally" commit "maybe a little bit" of cannibalism...

Robzilla
Jul 28, 2003

READ IT AND WEEP JEWBOY!
Fun Shoe

forfeit posted:

One of the players wrote a really cool ballad about the events of the session, ...
Wait a tick, how come I haven't seen this Ballad? :colbert:

VV I gathered.

Robzilla fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jan 31, 2014

Clairetic
Nov 3, 2008

I don't even know my own credit card information.
Hello yes hi. It was me. I, too, loved the game, although I wrote the ballad for an English assignment, not just because I was overcome with emotion and inspiration. I fudged some of the details to make it fit into 8 stanzas - mainly changed octopusfolk with a rich cultural history for generic fantasy Orcs.

quote:

Today I tell a warning tale
You'll know before the end
that foe of foe can often fail
to qualify as 'friend'

A senator had wrecked his ship
upon our Codcliffe cape.
A convict - pretext for the trip -
had managed to escape.

We feared the worst: perhaps they'd taken
refuge with the Orcs;
our friends would soon be Long Pig bacon,
served with knives and forks.

We set off south to find the brute
but only found his friends;
they did not match their disrepute
and tried to make amends.

We shared our wine and food with them
and heard their lamentation
they feared their leader was condemned
to feed the Orcish nation.

Of course, we could not stand for this,
and stormed the Orcish camp.
We scarcely saw an arrow miss;
The ground was bloodied damp.

We found him, saved him, brought him back -
alive, if only just -
but found our home had been attacked!
The rogues betrayed our trust.

We knew from there what we must do.
We turned their leader in,
and then began our trek anew,
to punish bandit sin.

Clairetic fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Jan 31, 2014

Elmo Oxygen
Jun 11, 2007

Kazuo Misaki Superfan #3

Don't make me lift my knee, young man.
That rules.

BrotherAdso
May 22, 2008

nomina nuda tenemus
I've had cabin fever the last few days (yeah, the American South is a shithole when we get too much snow, and by too much I mean any). As a result, I've worked up my explore move into a google doc you all are welcome to comment on. It's not entirely done yet, but it's more than 3/4 of the way there.

So far, all the Trad Games thoughts I've gotten have been very useful!

Dungeon Explorers Rules

MagnesiumB
Apr 13, 2013
So, I've been reading http://wizardcomix.tumblr.com/ lately, and I'm wondering if there's any existing playbook that would be good for playing something like a group of potentially expendable creatures, namely a bunch of idiot goblins working together as a band.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

MagnesiumB posted:

So, I've been reading http://wizardcomix.tumblr.com/ lately, and I'm wondering if there's any existing playbook that would be good for playing something like a group of potentially expendable creatures, namely a bunch of idiot goblins working together as a band.

I think it would be really easy, just fluff the moves right and say that each Goblin is one HP (when you take damage, one or more of them die.)

BrotherAdso
May 22, 2008

nomina nuda tenemus

MagnesiumB posted:

"Number Appearing" is a set of three playbooks designed to rep the usually-ignored mooks of the universe.

Teonis
Jul 5, 2007
This was the entire premise of a skirmish battle DW hack I failed to write for a contest last year. Mine was about vikings and orcs, but I think I might be able to start re-cobbling it into a class

Blasphemeral
Jul 26, 2012

Three mongrel men in exchange for a party member? I found that one in the Faustian Bargain Bin.
I'm gonna be running a new game this week, and I've had requests for a couple playbooks and I'm not sure if/where they exist. I was wondering if you guys could point me in the right direction for:
- A Lich (Frost / Undead / Spellcaster)
- A Time Mage of some kind

Also, is there a short-list of the thread-agreed best classes? It'd be kinda rough to print off / review all of them in the OP, and I'm sure there's plenty of new ones not yet added to the OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE LESBIATHAN
Jan 22, 2011

The name Daria was already taken.
My group just decided that goblins have a deep understanding of mathematics and physics and are basically giant nerds. I'm so in love with this system.