Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoggesAndCattes
Aug 2, 2007

Some things I've recently purchased from Amazon:

4.4 cu ft refrigetator, four air plants, and a new industrial piece for my ear.

Got this for my dad since his birthday is coming up:

Here's his real present:
I think it was a 11ft or maybe 9ft putting practice thing because he said his putting game could use improvement.

Working on a foldout table was okay for about 2 years, but I felt it was time to upgrade:
This has been the most difficult thing I've ever had to assemble, but I did it right and now I have lots of space for my books, papers, and other stuff to look over rather than piles of messes.

And now I have three monitors:
I have 3 27" Asus monitors. I only have 1 of this model. It's an IPS. The other ones are fairly recent Asus monitors.

And since I can only hook up three monitors to my PC but wanted to also connect my 40" HDTV I bought this:
A 1 in by 2 out HDMI splitter, so now I can have whatever is happening on my third monitor will be shown on my TV.

And some nerdy things I bought for myself:
MTG, TPBs, and because I been practicing Tae kwon do for 7 months and getting into martial arts movies, I got a Bruce Lee poster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Can you share an amazon link for that desk? It looks perfect for my office space.

DoggesAndCattes
Aug 2, 2007

Bottom Liner posted:

Can you share an amazon link for that desk? It looks perfect for my office space.

Yep! Be happy to help with any questions.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003TW9K7U/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee

Pretty excited to get into home brewing and this seemed like a decent enough kit. I also picked up a guide by John Palmer which should help a lot.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Yes it's a $100 for a book of cricket statistics, but since it's the 150th edition and includes the drubbing of England in the Ashes I couldn't resist

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

V for Vegas posted:

Yes it's a $100 for a book of cricket statistics, but since it's the 150th edition and includes the drubbing of England in the Ashes I couldn't resist

Yeah, but it also contains the drubbing of Australia in the Ashes :colbert:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I don't have a pic cause it's not made yet, but I just ordered a 1/6th scale Johnny Walker Red bottle for my Evil Superman figure, as well as a 1/6th scale tumbler because even if he IS evil, he's still classy and won't be chuggin that poo poo from the bottle.

Hot Toys dropped the loving ball by not including it or a little piece of kryptonite, or even a busted tire or something for the base. I had to jazz it up dammit.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Where do you order 1/6 scale items like that (not the Tumbler)? I am trying to find a 1/6 scale iPad or iPhone and the one site I found doesn't have it in stock.

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

I was just about to order the mahogany version of this. would you mind taking a picture of it assembled? I'm curious.

DoggesAndCattes
Aug 2, 2007

mad.radhu posted:

I was just about to order the mahogany version of this. would you mind taking a picture of it assembled? I'm curious.

Just some things to note:
-mine came in 2 boxes in different shipments at different times of the day.
-here's one extra for each screw which is a really nice gesture in case you lose one.
-the provided screwdriver just happens to work better than any of the screwdrivers I had.
-assembled this by myself in about 2 hours. I haven't assembled a whole lot of things from Amazon, but this was the most difficult. My pullout keyboard stand was probably the most aggravating thing.
-you'll notice the small side glass top and the middle piece glass top is uneven. It lines up at the halfway point and going back, but coming towards me the small side glass top dips down. I don't know why. I don't really care right now to figure it out and fix it.

I hope I don't qualify for messy goon lairs. Sorry, I had to take it from a downward angle on top of my bed. That's 3 27" monitors.

I'm really bad at cable management. The case is a Cooler Master HAF X Full Tower with dimensions (LxWxH inches) 23.6 x 9.1 x 21.6. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003S68Q0Y/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1 It's too big for the case stand provided with the desk, so you can see it hanging on top and behind the side of the case. However, the case fits snugly underneath the desk.

When I used a foldout table, I had to keep my chair up high and use a laundry basket for a makeshift foot rest so I could sit comfortably to do my school work. I'm 5'7" and like to stretch out my legs, and now I can sit comfortably reaching the floor and stretch out.

Plenty of space to fold out books, notebooks, and whatever else I need.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Vintersorg posted:

Where do you order 1/6 scale items like that (not the Tumbler)? I am trying to find a 1/6 scale iPad or iPhone and the one site I found doesn't have it in stock.

I got a 3d modeler to model it, and make it 1/6th scale. It's currently printing at shapeways. Might be worth a check to see if they have some 1/6th scale stuff ready to print.

The tumbler is a whiskey tumbler, not the giant car :)

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

Mad Pino Rage posted:

Just some things to note:
-mine came in 2 boxes in different shipments at different times of the day.
-here's one extra for each screw which is a really nice gesture in case you lose one.
-the provided screwdriver just happens to work better than any of the screwdrivers I had.
-assembled this by myself in about 2 hours. I haven't assembled a whole lot of things from Amazon, but this was the most difficult. My pullout keyboard stand was probably the most aggravating thing.
-you'll notice the small side glass top and the middle piece glass top is uneven. It lines up at the halfway point and going back, but coming towards me the small side glass top dips down. I don't know why. I don't really care right now to figure it out and fix it.

I hope I don't qualify for messy goon lairs. Sorry, I had to take it from a downward angle on top of my bed. That's 3 27" monitors.

I'm really bad at cable management. The case is a Cooler Master HAF X Full Tower with dimensions (LxWxH inches) 23.6 x 9.1 x 21.6. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003S68Q0Y/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1 It's too big for the case stand provided with the desk, so you can see it hanging on top and behind the side of the case. However, the case fits snugly underneath the desk.

When I used a foldout table, I had to keep my chair up high and use a laundry basket for a makeshift foot rest so I could sit comfortably to do my school work. I'm 5'7" and like to stretch out my legs, and now I can sit comfortably reaching the floor and stretch out.

Plenty of space to fold out books, notebooks, and whatever else I need.

Fantastic, thank you very much.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I got a 3d modeler to model it, and make it 1/6th scale. It's currently printing at shapeways. Might be worth a check to see if they have some 1/6th scale stuff ready to print.

The tumbler is a whiskey tumbler, not the giant car :)

I am so mental to not put 2 and 2 together for whiskey and tumbler, haha. Thanks tho - I'll check it out!

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Coffee priority Lvl 9000 DEFCON ALPHA RED

ieatsoap6
Nov 4, 2009

College Slice

Gasmask posted:

Pretty excited to get into home brewing and this seemed like a decent enough kit. I also picked up a guide by John Palmer which should help a lot.

If you haven't seen it yet, the home brewing thread has a lot of folks who will be more than willing to answer any questions that arise.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".

A new basket for my bike. It was kind of expensive, but I think it looks really nice and it's super sturdy.

And a pellet gun to shoot cans and paper zombies. I also ordered the steel breech and flat top piston upgrade for extra pew pewing.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

New camera strap to continue my transition from giant rear end DSLR to convenient mirrorless since my old strap was a lug on the tripod thread and the mirrorless doesn't have the weight to use that style without swinging all over the place.

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

ASK ME ABOUT MUTILATING MY PET TO SUIT MY OWN AESTHETIC PREFERENCES
Picked up my hammer this weekend. I love this thing. And I also picked up a Chi which works pretty good as well.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

mr. mephistopheles posted:

New camera strap to continue my transition from giant rear end DSLR to convenient mirrorless since my old strap was a lug on the tripod thread and the mirrorless doesn't have the weight to use that style without swinging all over the place.

where u get this? i'd like to use it as a guitar strap

Smashing Link
Jul 8, 2003

I'll keep chucking bombs at you til you fall off that ledge!
Grimey Drawer
I have to admit I am very interested in seeing this wave of nicotine vaporizer fetishism unfolding. It is producing some interesting and attractive objects.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

ChocNitty posted:

where u get this? i'd like to use it as a guitar strap

http://cubandcompany.com/

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Got this for half price on amazon. Now to draw some mangos.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

OptimusMatrix posted:

Picked up my hammer this weekend. I love this thing. And I also picked up a Chi which works pretty good as well.

That hammer is awesome.

Thought I would try one of these instead of the usual plastic squeeze bottles.

Another couple of packs of these

Some more Nic now that my current bottle is almost empty.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I'm addicted to these cans of coconut juice. These have slivers of coconut in it, and there are others that have little niblets of jelly.

I found an asian market that has them for 2 for $1.88. Once I start sipping I can't put the can down until it's gone.

Merica
Jan 28, 2009
Been wanting new monitors for a while to replace some old Samsung ones I have.
Got 2 of these:

ASUS VX279Q Black 27"

also new SSD to replace my crucial M4 from a few years ago.

Samsung 840 pro 256 GB

Fozaldo
Apr 18, 2004

Serenity Now. Serenity Now.
:respek::respek::respek::respek::respek:
I used an electronic cigarette for about 3 years which led to me giving up altogether. Seeing all these cool polished steel devices almost makes me want to start vaping again.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

I can't tell if I think those are stupid and terrible, or if I want to buy a pair right now.

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

SgtScruffy posted:

I can't tell if I think those are stupid and terrible, or if I want to buy a pair right now.

Can't it be both?

Good job Zlat. You don't have enough novelty denim yet.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I'm going to need a link because I can't ever go out drinking again without these.

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord
A new USB 3.0 expansion card for my PC. I only have one USB 3.0 device right now, but soon... soon...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

njsykora posted:

I'm going to need a link because I can't ever go out drinking again without these.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Time and time again I have told myself that buying these would be a silly idea rather than an awesome one (this is coming from someone who already has the Raspberry scented NF WGs.) You are not helping.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Tate and yoko have them :)

crosshatch
Dec 10, 2006

Aaaah

AAHHH

I went into the store planning on just the Bone book but I ended up buying the Romita one too.

Derek of the Andes
Dec 10, 2009

Lord Lambeth posted:

Got this for half price on amazon. Now to draw some mangos.

Then I think you got the wrong book.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Derek of the Andes posted:

Then I think you got the wrong book.

Yeah those are clearly too big for mangos.

Miss Kalle
Jan 4, 2013

This avatar is lacking a certain something, don't you think? IT'S MISSING YOUR SCREAMS, TRANSFER STUDENT!

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

Tate and yoko have them :)

Damnit, I looked them up and now I'm upset these don't come in women's sizes! That effect is pretty sweet.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Do they cost as much as their other jeans? I really want a pair but I'm in no place to drop 150 bones on a single pair of pants.

Edit: 200 bones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

Rolo posted:

Do they cost as much as their other jeans? I really want a pair but I'm in no place to drop 150 bones on a single pair of pants.

Edit: 200 bones.

The initial cost on a "good" pair of jeans can be off-putting when you're used to spending $20 on Wranglers at Wal-Mart, but nice, expensive selvedge denim is meant to be worn day-in and day-out for basically several years straight, so it's a bit cheaper if you look at it that way. You can also easily find N&F on sale for ~$100 if you aren't too picky about what style you want. I paid $125 or so for the Regular Guys I've been wearing for something like fifteen months now, they're sick.

• Locked thread