Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Sounds fun. Here's mine:

IMPERIAL SERVICE
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1 9 0 5

GARUDA Tacbot HMG / Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 31)
Yaókòng HÙSÒNG HMG, Antipersonnel Mines / Electric Pulse. (1 | 28)
CELESTIAL GUARD Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 25)
CELESTIAL GUARD (Kuang Shi Control Device) Combi Rifle + Light Smoke Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 13)
KUANG SHI Chain Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (5)

GROUP 2 9 0 3

RUI SHI Spitfire / Electric Pulse. (1 | 25)
HSIEN Lieutenant MULTI Rifle / Pistol, AP CCW. (+1 | 60)
CELESTIAL GUARD (Kuang Shi Control Device) Combi Rifle + Light Smoke Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 13)
PANGGULING (Minesweeper) Electric Pulse. (8)

6 SWC | 299 Points

Open with Army 4

:getin::hf::fuckoff:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hortism
Oct 25, 2010

I wonder why cheap unit spam isn't more of a thing in Infinity. Other than the potential tedium of painting the 2-3 models over and over.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Hortism posted:

I wonder why cheap unit spam isn't more of a thing in Infinity. Other than the potential tedium of painting the 2-3 models over and over.

I think because the kind of people that play Infinity dont want to have to use more than 10-15 models at a time. I could be wrong though.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Hortism posted:

At $8-$10 per model I can see why some players might skip a 40+ model army. Plus unit spam is boring poo poo. It's boring in 40K and I don't know why it wouldn't be boring here. Infinity is a skirmish game, why try to play a horde army list in a skirmish game?

I'm not bashing you, just answering the question from my perspective.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

But gimmick lists are hilarious, no matter the game.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Deviant posted:

But gimmick lists are hilarious, no matter the game.

I'll play your $400 joke list, no problem. But no proxies. Bring it on.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Indolent Bastard posted:

Plus unit spam is boring poo poo.
Pretty much this.

Indolent Bastard posted:

Also this, unless it's a "I want to test a weird list for 2-3 games" situation. And if someone wants to convert/paint 20+ Galwegians/Pretas/Volunteers/other cheap poo poo, let them, effort deserves it.

VVV: what's this, the 40k thread?

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Jan 31, 2014

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Indolent Bastard posted:

You must be a hit at parties.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Two words: Total Reaction.

Deviant posted:

You must be a hit at parties.

Nobody wants to play against a list that takes three hour turns. Get over it.

Corbeau fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Jan 31, 2014

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

It's like Zulu, but with robots.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Flipswitch posted:

New thread title, please and thankyou.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Flipswitch posted:

Werewolf Zulu. Sounds like a band name.

Also, yeah, title.

Bob Smith
Jan 5, 2006
Well Then, What Shall We Start With?
If we're doing gimmick lists :getin:

JAPANESE SECTORIAL ARMY
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1 10 0 3

OYAMA Lieutenant Chain Rifle, E/M Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW, EXP CCW. (34)
DOMARU Boarding Shotgun, E/M Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (36)
DOMARU Boarding Shotgun, E/M Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (36)
DOMARU Chain Rifle, E/M Grenades / Pistol, EXP CCW. (29)
DOMARU Chain Rifle, E/M Grenades / Pistol, EXP CCW. (29)
KEMPEI (Chain of Command) Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, CCW, Electric Pulse. (24)
KEMPEI (Chain of Command) Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, CCW, Electric Pulse. (24)
HARAMAKI Blitzen, Contender / Pistol, AP CCW. (28)

0 SWC | 296 Points

Open with Army 4

Hit TAGs with swords every day.

Hortism
Oct 25, 2010

Indolent Bastard posted:

At $8-$10 per model I can see why some players might skip a 40+ model army. Plus unit spam is boring poo poo. It's boring in 40K and I don't know why it wouldn't be boring here. Infinity is a skirmish game, why try to play a horde army list in a skirmish game?

I'm not bashing you, just answering the question from my perspective.

Definitely not for me either. I find it hard to pick up more than one of any unit if I'm not putting them in a link team. The variety is half the reason I love the game. I've paid my dues of painting chunks of same looking grunts and it's no loving fun.

Corbeau posted:

Two words: Total Reaction.

That's why the Highlanders seemed so oddly good at 6 pts a pop though. They're all packing smoke grenades. With 40 plus models I'm sure someone can get into smoke grenade range.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Hortism posted:

That's why the Highlanders seemed so oddly good at 6 pts a pop though. They're all packing smoke grenades. With 40 plus models I'm sure someone can get into smoke grenade range.
That's what monomines and MSV2 snipers are for.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
:siren: January releases! :siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tpn8CC9JkM

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Noice, month of the heavy weapons teams. Loving the Raiden in particular.

Bob Smith
Jan 5, 2006
The Raiden and the Ekdromos both look pretty boss. I'm particularly interested in another cheap heavy weapon option for JSA, the faction of cheap resilient guys usually lacking heavy weapons.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Aww yeah, Scots Guard. :black101:

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Great month of releases!

As I said before I am definitely getting the Sekbans. Might get that Yu Jing guy although is he more for JSA? I mostly play Imperial Svc and rarely vanilla YJ.

Not that I haven't hovered over a checkout button many times with a cart full of JSA stuff...

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Yeah the Raiden is for JSA/vanilla YJ only.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
Is anyone going to Templecon who wouldn't mind a pickup game with a newbie? Assuming there is terrain available for open play.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

So, in what situations are you allowed to use mercenary units?

I see they're not ITS legal unless you're playing a Sectorial, but the base rulebook refers to Mercenary AVA? Is ITS the standard people use for pickup games, as well?

I am confus.

Deviant fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Feb 3, 2014

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

They're legal outside of ITS games and it's pretty much subject to your meta outside of sectorial allowances. Our area doesn't use them as we think they're a bit lame.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Bob Smith posted:

The Raiden and the Ekdromos both look pretty boss. I'm particularly interested in another cheap heavy weapon option for JSA, the faction of cheap resilient guys usually lacking heavy weapons.

Having been torn to shreds by JSA lists with BS16 Keisotsus lugging SWC 1 missile launchers and HMGs, backed by ML haramakis and HMG O-Yoroi and Sniper Ninjas, I never noticed JSA lacking heavy firepower. I always felt that their main flaw was a lack of visors and unremarkable hackers, doctors and engineers.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Sephyr posted:

BS16 Keisotsus
l2cover noob. :D

I'm going to pimp my buddies JSA terrain without his permission, he's working on some stuff and it looks so sweet.

Bob Smith
Jan 5, 2006

Flipswitch posted:

l2cover noob. :D

I'm going to pimp my buddies JSA terrain without his permission, he's working on some stuff and it looks so sweet.

...images...

I saw those lamps and had exactly the same idea, but somewhat less well executed:

As to the BS16 keisotsu hypothetical situation, there's way too much ODD/Mimetism/Camo in most games I play to make that a regular occurrence unless my O-Yoroi has set things on fire first.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Where are those lamps from?

Bob Smith
Jan 5, 2006

Fix posted:

Where are those lamps from?

I found them in a pound shop in the UK (Poundland I think it was) - they're called "Solar Lanterns" or something.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Bob Smith posted:

I found them in a pound shop in the UK (Poundland I think it was) - they're called "Solar Lanterns" or something.
That is so rad. He did say he got the idea from somewhere but I can't remember where. It's sweet though.

After our starship board is done (which is doubling as a ground outpost if I paint it properly) with Spartan, we're gonna work on an urban board which we're thinking either hi-tech NeoTerra or a YJ city. So should be sweet.

The Dark Project
Jun 25, 2007

Give it to me straight...
Played my first game - Ariadna vs Tohaa. I took a Vet. Kazak Lt. with a HMG and he was just devastating. Lost 3 regular Kazaks, but considering I destroyed all of his guys I can't feel so bad about it.

Now I want to make a Kazak themed terrain board. Thinking a brutalist style architecture board for the buildings, with some of those electrical boxes you guys have in the US which are so cool to use as bunkers, and scratch build the rest. Perhaps even have it focused around a rail yard of some type. I think it would make a nice change from the hyper-reality style buildings a lot of manufacturers make, give it a nice Soviet style look, while also retaining that futuristic element brutalism has (and punches you in the face with).

What I really really really need though is some of those AT-43 containers and the wall sections they made (both short and tall). They'd do nicely, otherwise I have to use 1/35 scaled ones and they aren't going to fit in as well.

Anyone have a reliable link to some O-Scaled ones for trains and the like? I can't find any on ebay for a decent price, or on model train websites.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

The Dark Project posted:

Played my first game - Ariadna vs Tohaa. I took a Vet. Kazak Lt. with a HMG and he was just devastating. Lost 3 regular Kazaks, but considering I destroyed all of his guys I can't feel so bad about it.

Now I want to make a Kazak themed terrain board. Thinking a brutalist style architecture board for the buildings, with some of those electrical boxes you guys have in the US which are so cool to use as bunkers, and scratch build the rest. Perhaps even have it focused around a rail yard of some type. I think it would make a nice change from the hyper-reality style buildings a lot of manufacturers make, give it a nice Soviet style look, while also retaining that futuristic element brutalism has (and punches you in the face with).

What I really really really need though is some of those AT-43 containers and the wall sections they made (both short and tall). They'd do nicely, otherwise I have to use 1/35 scaled ones and they aren't going to fit in as well.

Anyone have a reliable link to some O-Scaled ones for trains and the like? I can't find any on ebay for a decent price, or on model train websites.

http://warsen.al

I've been buy-hovering a $200 cart from them for a week now.

The Dark Project
Jun 25, 2007

Give it to me straight...
They're really nice, but a bit too futuristic for me. I am going to see if I can snag some cheap AT-43 ones on ebay or somewehere else. If I can get my hands on a few I will be set.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Played a few games over the weekend and finally gave my Phoenix Lt. a go. The Heavy Rocket Launcher is just brutal in a link; he demolished enemy link teams (both keisotsus and Haramakis) with frightening ease, though I had a lucky crit when firing at the heavy infantry. Achilles also worked alright with a Heavy Shotgun instead of the ubiquitous Spitfire, charging up close to blast and punch TAGs to death.

In both games my ML Agema was punked really early, though. I have to remember to deploy him prone. Has anyone had any experience with Atalanta?

Bob Smith
Jan 5, 2006

Sephyr posted:

Played a few games over the weekend and finally gave my Phoenix Lt. a go. The Heavy Rocket Launcher is just brutal in a link; he demolished enemy link teams (both keisotsus and Haramakis) with frightening ease, though I had a lucky crit when firing at the heavy infantry. Achilles also worked alright with a Heavy Shotgun instead of the ubiquitous Spitfire, charging up close to blast and punch TAGs to death.

In both games my ML Agema was punked really early, though. I have to remember to deploy him prone. Has anyone had any experience with Atalanta?

Atalanta is good but stupidly, stupidly fragile. She's a sniper with basically no defensive stuff at all except a frighteningly high BS.

You have to use her really carefully.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Why Infinity is the best game:

Bostria posted:

Y fijaos en esta mancha de humedad:

Son el Uhlano, el Tikbalang y la virgen. Claramente.

Con suerte esta semana podemos dar alguna preview. Un saludo.
(Translation: "Look at this humidity stain. It's an Uhlan, a Tikbalang and the Virgin Mary. Clearly. If we're lucky, we might get some previews this week.")

:allears:

(context for new players: Bostria is one of the main devs of Infinity, lately he's taken to trolling the monthly releases speculation threads)

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I loving love Bostria's posts on the forums, they are all amazing.

Hortism
Oct 25, 2010

Just ordered a bunch of Tohaa stuff that was on sale (50% off!). This is going to be my third army, and only one of them is painted.

What are you doing to me Infinity!!!?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Hortism posted:

Just ordered a bunch of Tohaa stuff that was on sale (50% off!). This is going to be my third army, and only one of them is painted.

What are you doing to me Infinity!!!?

Forcing you to play an enjoyable, quick game system, with amazing models. I know how this can be confusing for some especially if you have previously played GW games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Other than Deviant and I, are there any Infinigoons around Orlando, FL?

• Locked thread