Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JD Bucks 7
Jul 18, 2013

Fellwenner posted:

Tha.... (week-long break) nk (week-long break) . (week long break) god (season finale) .

That is what the fans went through, thank being able to binge through the shittiest part of the franchise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

Fellwenner posted:

Thank god.

I will warn you that Juliette doesn't get fully clued in until very close to the end of Season 2, so just grit your teeth and bear it for awhile. However, she's fully in on things during Season 3 and it makes the show an order of magnitude better now that she is. Plus, we learn that she can kick the holy living #*@% out of anyone who messes with her in her kitchen.

Also, Bitsie Tulloch once dated R2-D2.

johntfs fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Jan 26, 2014

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

johntfs posted:

Plus, we learn that she can kick the holy living #*@% out of anyone who messes with her in her kitchen.

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

devoir posted:

Didn't his Grimm-ness only come out as she was dying (last week or so of her terminal illness)? Or is my memory horribly mangling up the start of the series?

We can infer that, but we don't know for sure, since the first ones he saw were following him specifically; so he maybe never ran into one before?

I thought it was a passed down thing, but his mom turn out to not be dead so who knows. He seems to be pretty old to finally just develop the ability, since in the old days, people lived shorter right? Also, the aunt and mother might have placed a spell to bind his ability to hide him, and the spell weaken/died with the aunt.

If the royals are just humans, why would the baby of royal blood be valuable? I doubt the blackmail potential is worth it. I kinda don't really care too much about the royal stuff since it's unclear the true strength of the factions, but I want to know more, maybe it's interesting and not just standard oppression.

I really like the fight choreography in this show, it's not too stylized, and is pretty clear. Seeing that army guy kick rear end this episode was great; but after the worg... it just goes to show that Grimms definitely gain supernatural abilities too for them to be absolutely feared.

Femur fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Jan 26, 2014

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Femur posted:

We can infer that, but we don't know for sure, since the first ones he saw were following him specifically; so he maybe never ran into one before?

I thought it was a passed down thing, but his mom turn out to not be dead so who knows. He seems to be pretty old to finally just develop the ability, since in the old days, people lived shorter right? Also, the aunt and mother might have placed a spell to bind his ability to hide him, and the spell weaken/died with the aunt.

If the royals are just humans, why would the baby of royal blood be valuable? I doubt the blackmail potential is worth it. I kinda don't really care too much about the royal stuff since it's unclear the true strength of the factions, but I want to know more, maybe it's interesting and not just standard oppression.

I really like the fight choreography in this show, it's not too stylized, and is pretty clear. Seeing that army guy kick rear end this episode was great; but after the worg... it just goes to show that Grimms definitely gain supernatural abilities too for them to be absolutely feared.

I think it's passed down by bloodline, but he only started actually seeing wesen when Aunt Marie was about to die. I think she even says that's why he's always been so good at being a cop. He could sense the "otherness" even if he couldn't see it. The writers might have changed their minds on that though, since the pilot.

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

Bored posted:

I think it's passed down by bloodline, but he only started actually seeing wesen when Aunt Marie was about to die. I think she even says that's why he's always been so good at being a cop. He could sense the "otherness" even if he couldn't see it. The writers might have changed their minds on that though, since the pilot.

Well that makes sense if the aunt got it from the Mom, but the mom is not dead, so what does the aunt have to do with Nick's bloodline powers, it should be connected to his dad or mom right?

devoir
Nov 16, 2007

Femur posted:

Well that makes sense if the aunt got it from the Mom, but the mom is not dead, so what does the aunt have to do with Nick's bloodline powers, it should be connected to his dad or mom right?

I'm suddenly having flashbacks to The One...

JD Bucks 7
Jul 18, 2013
You know that stupid mafia Geico duck commercial? Is the muscle the Alligator "decapitori" wessen? I keep wondering where I know him from, and I think that is it.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

Bored posted:

Yeah, this is how it is. I don't know if it's tied to his aunt dying or not but it's made clear in the pilot he wasn't a Grimm until the start of the show. If I had to make a random, baseless theory I'd say that Grimmness is like a gene, you don't know if it's been passed on or not until it's activated.

And you can't say he just never ran into one before because apparently every 3rd person in Portland is Wessen.

I also think it's pretty cool that they use the actual locations they say they are going too. "The guys car was spotted at a hotel on Stark street!" and then they actually went to a seedy hotel on Stark street. Well, the the door the kid fell out of was actually a restaurant but there is a run down hotel on that block that charges by the hour. I don't know if they actually shot in the hotel as I wouldn't go into the place without a hazmat suit.

KilGrey fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Jan 26, 2014

Baron FU
Apr 3, 2009

JD Bucks 7 posted:

You know that stupid mafia Geico duck commercial? Is the muscle the Alligator "decapitori" wessen? I keep wondering where I know him from, and I think that is it.

Decapitori is the roman name for Grimm before they were called Grimm.

Fellwenner
Oct 21, 2005
Don't make me kill you.

Do we have to worry about spoilers in S1/2? No matter. OMG. You know he's dangerous, that it's a trap, but you also have a gun which can negate having to get up close and personal. Why did you not just shoot him on top of the cargo container. Holy poo poo. Dumbass.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
bheadr@toomail.net

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I wanted to mention something cool I've been noticing: any time they have a room number, that number corresponds to the episode number. The last episode was 3x12 and the room number the scalper was in was 312. The physical therapist who didn't want to date Hank lived in 310.

Doesn't really matter, but it seems like a cool way to pick out what would otherwise be completely random apartment numbers.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
I think I'm done with the show. Rosalee and Monroe's boring domestic issues for 60% of the episode? I don't know exactly when this turned into a wessen soap opera, but I'm definitely not the target audience.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Monroe and Rosalee have been the subject about 50% of two episodes really. Frankly I'd rather not have the 5 minutes each episode wasted on Europe at the moment, it's not exactly riveting.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
I have to admit that I'm far more interested in what Monroe and Rosalee are doing than I am in Adalind's stuff in Europe. Unless it's happening in and around Portland, I really don't give much of a crap.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Merlinicus posted:

It keeps getting more and more over the top and personal too. Random person's reaction. Juliette's friend's reaction. Monroe's parents' reaction. There is much more they can escalate there.

I keep waiting for Nick to see another Grimm as the monsters do, and it be absolutely loving horrifying somehow.

Actually I kind of want him to encounter an unrelated Grimm in general, one that lives up to the ... reputation they've acquired. It seems like an episode that almost writes itself.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Blazing Ownager posted:

I keep waiting for Nick to see another Grimm as the monsters do, and it be absolutely loving horrifying somehow.

Actually I kind of want him to encounter an unrelated Grimm in general, one that lives up to the ... reputation they've acquired. It seems like an episode that almost writes itself.

I am curious how many active Grimms there are in the world, though. Even the royals in Vienna refer to Nick as "the Grimm," so it's possible that there are only a handful at any given time.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Saw that too. Nick's mom is pretty hardcore. :allears:

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

ShakeZula posted:

I am curious how many active Grimms there are in the world, though. Even the royals in Vienna refer to Nick as "the Grimm," so it's possible that there are only a handful at any given time.

I don't remember exactly, but isn't it true that Grimm are pretty rare now? Monroe is flabbergasted at the beginning of the show because Grimm are just fairy tale material to him, not something he actually expected to encounter. I get the feeling that the Verat have been pretty successful at culling the Grimm bloodlines up to this point.

As far as why would a a Royal baby have worth if Royals are just human - you saw what happened in England this last year, right? Royal babies are born into power. I get the feeling that these Royals have something else going on other than just power though, the show is just revealing it slowly.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
Good to see Hank Jennings from Twin Peaks getting work!

ashez2ashes
Aug 15, 2012

Well, considering the baby is going to be born 3 months early and is acting like its going to explode out of her stomach like alien odds are royals aren't normal. It doesn't seem to be a hexenbeast thing since Adalind was freaked out by it too.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
I wonder if Royals are some form of magical being that aren't necesarily wesen---witches and wizards in their own right, but 'human' in all other respects. The might explain why the baby is all hosed up.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Astrofig posted:

I wonder if Royals are some form of magical being that aren't necesarily wesen---witches and wizards in their own right, but 'human' in all other respects. The might explain why the baby is all hosed up.

Or you know it could be the creepy blood magic she's doing on it every day.

Fellwenner
Oct 21, 2005
Don't make me kill you.

ashez2ashes posted:

Well, considering the baby is going to be born 3 months early and is acting like its going to explode out of her stomach like alien odds are royals aren't normal. It doesn't seem to be a hexenbeast thing since Adalind was freaked out by it too.

http://www.theonion.com/channels/royal-baby/

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Lol. Wunderbar!

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

JD Bucks 7 posted:

Pretty sure it's Cherno Alpha's male pilot in Pacific Rim. Though he and that Alligator dude do look enough alike that I initially thought they were the same person, so I could just be wrong again.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Polaron posted:

Pretty sure it's Cherno Alpha's male pilot in Pacific Rim. Though he and that Alligator dude do look enough alike that I initially thought they were the same person, so I could just be wrong again.

He's portrayed by Matt Willig, former NFL player and TV personality. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2200632/

Cherno Alpha's pilot is Robert Maillet. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0537631/

Alkanos
Jul 20, 2009

Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fht-YAWN

JD Bucks 7 posted:

Yep it's the same guy, Matthew Willig. I didn't realize they were the same guy til I looked him up though.

Polaron posted:

Wasn't this guy though, they look really similar and I thought it was him at first too.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

wait, when are we getting more Grimm again?

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
Friday, February 28.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Blazing Ownager posted:

It's part of the plot of the first arc of the comic.

Merlinicus
May 3, 2011

Blazing Ownager posted:

Meeting another grimm would be very interesting.

hollylolly posted:

I don't remember exactly, but isn't it true that Grimm are pretty rare now? Monroe is flabbergasted at the beginning of the show because Grimm are just fairy tale material to him, not something he actually expected to encounter. I get the feeling that the Verat have been pretty successful at culling the Grimm bloodlines up to this point.

From what I remember of the explanation Auntie gave, you can't really "cull" the Grimm bloodline--it just goes up and up the family tree until it finds a branch with people still alive. I think it's more just that they always were were very rare.

JD Bucks 7
Jul 18, 2013
Thank you for all of the responses. Yea, it is Aflac, but you all got the reference. Scary actors are scary actors, but I never knew NFL!

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

JD Bucks 7 posted:

Thank you for all of the responses. Yea, it is Aflac, but you all got the reference. Scary actors are scary actors, but I never knew NFL!

NFL? Aflac?

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
Has it been a month already? We're back!

3x13 – "The Ultimate Warrior"
Nick and Hank continue the hunt for a vicious Wesen serial killer while Monroe tries to reconcile with Rosalee.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

I'm more worried about the Monroe/Rosalee thing than the monster of the week, and to me that means this is a Good Show because it makes you care about the characters. :ohdear:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Has it been a month already? We're back!

3x13 – "The Ultimate Warrior"
Nick and Hank continue the hunt for a vicious Wesen serial killer while Monroe tries to reconcile with Rosalee.

"The Ultimate Warrior"? Are they hunting a wesen after Santa's pants? :ohdear:

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
I'm not sure anyone is still here.

He said while standing next to a blazing motherfucking camp fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Is Rosalee converting to Bludbadism?

• Locked thread