Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Captain_Maclaine posted:

In addition to not liking the female protagonist, I suspect there's a bit of their "China = commies! = :freep:HATE!:freep:" plays into it as well.

Tell me more :allears:

They probably aren't fond of the songs either those assholes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

quiggy stardust posted:

I love that Freep is constantly complaining that Obama is a terrorist sympathizer and whatnot and then when the justice department announces they're seeking the death penalty for a terrorist they suddenly reverse position. You can't have it both ways, guys!

Won't stop them from trying. Doublethink is a hell of a drug.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Won't stop them from trying. Doublethink is a hell of a drug.

You'd almost think they have something personal against Obama :v:

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Is someone Poop-touching?

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/3117501/posts

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Freeper posted:

China doesn’t want to finance our out-of-control borrowing anymore.

Yes, they do, you loving twits. Or more precisely, they structurally have shitloads of dollars lying around and want them to make risk-free money.

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

First lady says girls aren’t interested when President gets his ‘butt kicked’

quote:

To: Sub-Driver

So they’ve raised two self centered little princesses, whose hearts are not in their family. WHAT a surprise.

6 posted on Thursday, January 30, 2014 12:09:15 PM by Shimmer1
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

To: BCW

Big is not speaking for ALL GIRLS, just for Sasha and Malia (one of the rare times you need to read the article to get the point). Those two girls know that they were punished with a drug-addled communist for a father, and they don’t care how big a failure he might be.

9 posted on Thursday, January 30, 2014 12:10:53 PM by Pollster1 ("Shall not be infringed" is unambiguous.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

quote:

If Obama and the Mooch don’t want their family to be included in the political arena, then they should keep them the hell out of it in all communications and discussions.

Otherwise, to me, they are FAIR GAME.

11 posted on Thursday, January 30, 2014 12:11:07 PM by Gaffer

quote:

They must know that he didn’t really father them since he doesn’t like girls. I guess Wookies are different.

13 posted on Thursday, January 30, 2014 12:12:38 PM by Old Yeller

quote:

I’m old-fashioned. Ladies should not talk this way.

29 posted on Thursday, January 30, 2014 1:00:33 PM by Faith

quote:

The only thing that could hurt Bathhouse Barry is taking away his drug and gay sex filled luxury life style.

30 posted on Thursday, January 30, 2014 1:09:33 PM by Count of Monte Fisto (The foundation of modern society is the denial of reality.)

quote:

I seriously doubt the kenyan human being even fathered the two of them.

33 posted on Thursday, January 30, 2014 1:43:42 PM by John O (God Save America (Please))

quote:

I do notice a difference in Palin’s daughters.

34 posted on Thursday, January 30, 2014 1:51:00 PM by Starstruck (If my reply offends, you probably don't understand sarcasm or criticism...or do.)

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

quote:

I do notice a difference in Palin’s daughters.

34 posted on Thursday, January 30, 2014 1:51:00 PM by Starstruck (If my reply offends, you probably don't understand sarcasm or criticism...or do.)

Too easy.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

"Go goons!" - A freeper :downs:

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Dude is a 1999, and there's a '98 and an '04 in there who seem like they at least understand what he's talking about. If it's poop-touching, that's some deeeeeeeeeeep cover (or possibly evidence of security holes in the 90s vintage BBS software they run the site on).

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Radish posted:

I thought While Foods was owned by a libertarian that was just cashing in on a market.

He's batshit insane but there's still this:

November 2006: The company's salary cap was raised from 14 times the average pay of a full-time worker to 19 times the average pay. This is up from the original eight-times cap that was set in the late 80’s.[50] Additionally, the company announced that CEO John Mackey will receive a salary of one dollar (started January 1, 2007), and will forgo any future stock option awards.[50]

He also hates unions like a massive douche but the employees at least get healthcare.

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!

Besides that, the first rebuttal that came to mind was that one of Palin's daughters was knocked up by her boyfriend during her teens. God, imagine the sheer vitriol that would have rolled forth if that had been one of Obama's daughters.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
So looking at exports to China, apparently the US ships a lot of soybeans, corn, and vehicles. Concerning the debt though, I think the weirdest thing is that we're buying their stuff for the money the Fed prints. So all in all, people are working for free.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

cafel posted:

Besides that, the first rebuttal that came to mind was that one of Palin's daughters was knocked up by her boyfriend during her teens. God, imagine the sheer vitriol that would have rolled forth if that had been one of Obama's daughters.

Oh Bristol was the first thing that popped into my mind. Followed shortly by the racism of course.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

quiggy stardust posted:

I love that Freep is constantly complaining that Obama is a terrorist sympathizer and whatnot and then when the justice department announces they're seeking the death penalty for a terrorist they suddenly reverse position. You can't have it both ways, guys!
If a Republican came out and demanded the death penalty for Tsarnaev they would all be all for it and there would be posts of Freepers wanting death by firing squad so they could volunteer for it.

It was just like Rudy "we had no domestic attacks under Bush" Giuliani pre-2008 when he loved that 9/11 and 1993 WTC conspirators were tried in courts as war criminals because hur-dur American justice but then reversed a few years later when Obama wanted do the same and suddenly bringing terrorists into NYC was a security threat.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
I don't think that many popular pop stars are good role models or their music are appropriate for children, that's about it. :colbert:

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

amuayse posted:

So looking at exports to China, apparently the US ships a lot of soybeans, corn, and vehicles. Concerning the debt though, I think the weirdest thing is that we're buying their stuff for the money the Fed prints. So all in all, people are working for free.

No they're not, U.S. dollars have value because people buy things with them. It doesn't matter whether a particular dollar is freshly minted or pulled out of a fifty year old treasure chest.

Are any freepers aware of this thread? I know that the political cartoons thread has had some brushes with cartoonists in the past.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Ah, I was wondering about that. I keep forgetting that 1 dollar in a less developed country isn't the same as 1 dollar in a 1st world one.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

AATREK CURES KIDS posted:

Are any freepers aware of this thread? I know that the political cartoons thread has had some brushes with cartoonists in the past.

They've become aware of us every once in a while, though it has been a very long time since I've seen anything from them acknowledging us. Back in a very early incarnation of this thread I seem to recall a couple of goons had sleeper accounts on freep (TapTheForwardAssist, I think, was one of them), back before the 2008 purges began. When some of them got outed, there followed a short period where any time a freeper called too openly for ethnic cleansing the other true believers would write them off as one of us stinking commie infiltrators just trying to make True ConservativesTM look bad.

Predictably enough, they also thought themselves great wits for pointing out the name of our forums was "really Something Awful!" :haw:

Elim Garak
Aug 5, 2010

I bet it's ghoulish Benghazi fetishizing that crosses our thread because of Vilerat unbeknownst to the freep poster.

Edit: Didn't see the original freep poster later posted an article that had a section about him modding D&D so they definitely knew that

Elim Garak fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Jan 31, 2014

Thomas13206
Jun 18, 2013

quote:

The only thing that could hurt Bathhouse Barry is taking away his drug and gay sex filled luxury life style.

30 posted on Thursday, January 30, 2014 1:09:33 PM by Count of Monte Fisto (The foundation of modern society is the denial of reality.)

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Swan Oat posted:

Death penalty sought for accused Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev

I have no idea if you can center anything in BBcode but this guy's comment is centered and it looks really funny.

#freejahar can down with this :pervert:

Unexpected but in retrospect unsurprising Putin love!

Does anyone know why some freepers format their posts like this? I truly don't understand it.

Reverse racist liberals.

:stare:

So is he for or against executing Dzhokhar?

:freep: FALSE FLAG :freep:

Honestly the reaction is not as ghoulish as I was expecting but then again this is breaking news, so it will surely get worse.

It's always confusing, that first day or so before the talking points have been issued and freepers know how they're supposed to think. The posts can seem a little random during that time.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
The only way freepers will be satisfied with Tsarnaev's trial is if they were personally called up to run over him with their rascals.

Seriously though I love their moaning about how Obama is going to just pardon him because it's not going to loving happen. How crazy do you have to be to think that is a likely outcome? The dude is ultra hosed for the rest of his life, however long that may be.

isildur
May 31, 2000

BattleDroids: Flashpoint OH NO! Dekker! IS DOWN! THIS IS Glitch! Taking Command! THIS IS Glich! Taking command! OH NO! Glitch! IS DOWN! THIS IS Medusa! Taking command! THIS IS Medusa! Taking command! OH NO! Medusa IS DOWN!

Soon to be part of the Battletech Universe canon.

kik2dagroin posted:

Seriously though I love their moaning about how Obama is going to just pardon him because it's not going to loving happen. How crazy do you have to be to think that is a likely outcome?
Compartmentalized thinking means never having to admit you were wrong. Just lock up that particular compartment and move on.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

I don't understand a thing about that article or the thread.

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

Smeep posted:

Goon spaceships. Also, Benghazi.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Smeep posted:

.....It seems that some of them play video games, so when a video game article popped up they just threw in some little shout-outs for games they like, since they'd never really get another chance to talk about their hobbies on the site? I know they have a Steam group with a few people in it.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FreeRepublicGamers

Oh and the group admin is a brony. Wonderful.

This reminds me of the times when the freerepublic.txt twitter quotes them talking about anime, and I think once or twice it appeared somebody was defending the medium. I haven't ever seen one of those articles posted here though. I'll go search for that now.

Liquid Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Jan 31, 2014

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Smeep posted:

Basically the space-spreadsheet simulator that is Eve saw a cataclysmic battle on monday that destroyed over $300,000 of pixel spaceships, which news feeds like to pick up on and point to. It happened to be done by the eve goons which VR was a big part of. The curious part is why a freeper would be trumpeting him if that freeper wasn't also a goon (touching the poop). The regdates make it all really weird though.

The rest of the thread is "I use to play X game" with a variety of 90s-era titles mentioned.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

This reminds me of the times when the freerepublic.txt twitter quotes them talking about anime, and I think once or twice it appeared somebody was defending the medium. I haven't ever seen one of those articles posted here though. I'll go search for that now.

Well, former freeper and old thread favorite B-chan was (is?) a VA with some anime credits to his name, along with being a fan, from what I recall. Presumably Funimation titles since he was was around the Dallas area, IIRC.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I'm still trying to figure out the conservative brony thing. I'm gonna guess it's one of those quasi-libertarian things where the conservatism is mostly about economics and race and gender. Basically anti-equality and making sure nobody ever catches up to middle-class white men? Am I close?

Troglyfe
Jan 2, 2014

Elephant Ambush posted:

I'm still trying to figure out the conservative brony thing. I'm gonna guess it's one of those quasi-libertarian things where the conservatism is mostly about economics and race and gender. Basically anti-equality and making sure nobody ever catches up to middle-class white men? Am I close?

I think part of it might be just being raised by republican dads, and possibly trying to distance themselves from the gays, since bronies generally hate being thought of as 'girly'. That's my guess anyway.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Troglyfe posted:

I think part of it might be just being raised by republican dads, and possibly trying to distance themselves from the gays, since bronies generally hate being thought of as 'girly'. That's my guess anyway.

I thought part of the brony thing was bucking gender roles. I'm guessing if there's compartmentalized thinking involved then they probably think it's OK for them to watch a show for little girls and wear pastel colors, but women in computer science?! No Ma'am!

Or maybe it's just the weird obsessive perversion for cartoon pony rear end, I dunno.

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

Elephant Ambush posted:

I thought part of the brony thing was bucking gender roles. I'm guessing if there's compartmentalized thinking involved then they probably think it's OK for them to watch a show for little girls and wear pastel colors, but women in computer science?! No Ma'am!

Or maybe it's just the weird obsessive perversion for cartoon pony rear end, I dunno.

I always think of it as a cover for a personal sense of inadequate masculinity. Bronies started as a joke on 4chan, but evolved into a kind of roleplaying, where guys who felt less than absolutely manly try to prove how much they don't care about that by consuming media targeted at the logical opposite of a grown man: a little girl. However, these people aren't actually secure in their masculinity at all, its all a performance for the sake of others, so instead of actually bucking gender trends, they instead try to justify why ponies are actually ther manliest thing of all, and totally not associated with the hated gays (who are, after all, the greatest threat to orthodox masculinity in the west there is).

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Little Blackfly posted:

I always think of it as a cover for a personal sense of inadequate masculinity. Bronies started as a joke on 4chan, but evolved into a kind of roleplaying, where guys who felt less than absolutely manly try to prove how much they don't care about that by consuming media targeted at the logical opposite of a grown man: a little girl. However, these people aren't actually secure in their masculinity at all, its all a performance for the sake of others, so instead of actually bucking gender trends, they instead try to justify why ponies are actually ther manliest thing of all, and totally not associated with the hated gays (who are, after all, the greatest threat to orthodox masculinity in the west there is).

This is an interesting perspective on the phenomenon and thank you for posting it. :) Sorry to everyone else for the brony derail. I'll shut up now.

McAlister
Nov 3, 2002

by exmarx

Little Blackfly posted:

In short:

I don't care if I'm cool!

... And that's what makes me cool, right?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Smeep posted:

It's from Mail Online. To understand it requires you to suffer from a severe mental deficiency.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

ReidRansom posted:

Dude is a 1999, and there's a '98 and an '04 in there who seem like they at least understand what he's talking about. If it's poop-touching, that's some deeeeeeeeeeep cover (or possibly evidence of security holes in the 90s vintage BBS software they run the site on).

Far, FAR more likely is that it is one of our terrible allies. It's called the Clusterfuck Coalition for a reason. Allies know about Vilerat because he was a big deal, and can use that to :argh: Benghazi :patriot: their way to Freep fame. Or something. Honestly surprised there's Freep posting about it.

Freep Gamers Come Out To Play posted:

To: Norm Lenhart
Just Don't Treat Me Like Pack Brahmin? Okay?
(Piles even more stuff in Arcades inventory for complaining)

30 posted on 1/30/2014 8:32:19 PM by KC_Lion (Build the America you want to live in at your address, and keep looking up.- Sarah Palin)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

Wonder if they know Arcade is gay?

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Warmachine posted:

Far, FAR more likely is that it is one of our terrible allies. It's called the Clusterfuck Coalition for a reason. Allies know about Vilerat because he was a big deal, and can use that to :argh: Benghazi :patriot: their way to Freep fame. Or something. Honestly surprised there's Freep posting about it.

You know...you're probably right. Gents or Fcon?

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
Why Do The Uninsured Hate ObamaCare?

quote:

To: IBD editorial writer
Maybe because they were uninsured BY CHOICE. And now they are forced to buy insurance.

2 posted on 1/31/2014 1:08:46 PM by Cowboy Bob (They are called "Liberals" because the word "parasite" was already taken.)

quote:

To: IBD editorial writer
cuz they thought they was votin’ fer FREE healthcare

3 posted on 1/31/2014 1:08:47 PM by Buckeye McFrog

quote:

To: steve86
I’m guessing that 95% of those happy with it will be very unhappy when they finally have to use it, the rest will be dead.

14 posted on 1/31/2014 1:52:22 PM by ImJustAnotherOkie (zerogottago)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 13 | View Replies]
All compelling arguments for a single-payer system! A good thread.
---------------------------
Lawmakers visit school where lunches were tossed for kids without funds

quote:

To: Wolfie
They gave ‘em fruit...just enforcing the Moochele diet

3 posted on 1/31/2014 1:00:44 PM by bigbob (The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly. Abraham Lincoln)

quote:

“Better this food go to WASTE than to feed a hungry child!”

5 posted on 1/31/2014 1:03:22 PM by WayneS (Respect the 2nd Amendment; Repeal the 16th (and 17th))
No let me tell you how pleased I am with the recent food stamp cuts :freep:

quote:

Of course, the person responsible is unnamed...

4 posted on 1/31/2014 1:00:56 PM by Cowboy Bob (They are called "Liberals" because the word "parasite" was already taken.)

quote:

To: Cowboy Bob
Unnamed, unpunished, & probably Amish.

The black hole in this entire story.

10 posted on 1/31/2014 1:10:41 PM by elcid1970 ("In the modern world, Muslims are living fossils.")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

quote:

Why are schools in the business of feeding children anyway? /rhetorical

Cafeterias were optional in Jr and High School, but not in elementary...practically everyone I knew brought their own lunch in Jr./Sr. High School...cafeteria was usually used to either supplement what you brought or in case you forgot or failed to bring your lunch...it wasn’t the primary source.

A dependent society is what has been created...dependent on big brother to ensure the most basic of needs are being met by the government instead of the parents whose responsibility it really is.

The kids were given something to eat, wasn’t much, but it was something and it was nutritious vs. the pizza...and I will submit the parents of these children are at fault here...

11 posted on 1/31/2014 1:15:02 PM by SZonian (Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.)

quote:

To: roadcat
................They embarrassed the kids in front of others. ........................These kids were humiliated by the fascist school worker.
I just have to ask, is that the main issue here? Is this the issue that determines if something is right or wrong? Is this what we hang our hat on?
Wow, has the liberal agenda of being offended infiltrated our conservative thinking?

poo poo happens. That this should be an issue on a national forum is truly amazing. That we have made this a big enough issue that “lawmakers” have to check it out and pass another law?

But it does beg the question on what we do test something as what it is right and wrong. It appears the test is our emotion of being offended........................

22 posted on 1/31/2014 2:04:23 PM by PeterPrinciple
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 20 | View Replies]

quote:

What an interesting method of cementing into the heads of children that they have a right to eat even if they cannot pay. Pretty shrewd tactic.

24 posted on 1/31/2014 2:35:52 PM by Einherjar

:corsair:A Hershey bar also cost a nickle

quote:

When I was a kid, lunches cost 35 cents. If you didn't have it or forgot your lunch money the lunch lady would let you get lunch on credit. No more than twice in a row. You payed up the following day. No biggie. No "accounts".
The ignorant broad who pulled this would have gotten a smack down by the principal in my day.

23 posted on 1/31/2014 2:30:00 PM by Bloody Sam Roberts ("The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." - George Orwell)

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

kik2dagroin posted:

quote:

“Better this food go to WASTE than to feed a hungry child!”

5 posted on 1/31/2014 1:03:22 PM by WayneS (Respect the 2nd Amendment; Repeal the 16th (and 17th))

Normally I would assume this was sarcastic, but here I honestly don't know if it is or not.

Jagged Jim fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Feb 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!

kik2dagroin posted:

Lawmakers visit school where lunches were tossed for kids without funds

quote:

What an interesting method of cementing into the heads of children that they have a right to eat even if they cannot pay. Pretty shrewd tactic.

24 posted on 1/31/2014 2:35:52 PM by Einherjar

Jesus Christ, what scum. What utter trash. I wonder if this poster has ever had to deal with going to bed hungry every night for days on end? If they've ever had to deal with not knowing when or where their next meal would come from? I'm normally able to laugh these people off, but I hope someone steals all of this guys money so they can eat and he can deal with being hungry. I'm sure he'd stand by his principals that no one should help him if he can't pay.

• Locked thread