Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metaprognosticate
Nov 10, 2013
Have had a similar glitch twice over the past two days on the PC version doing Void Extermination missions. First time it happened, the enemies did not spawn until the very last 3 rooms. It was ok because at least they still continuously spawned. The second time, the enemies could only spawn in the extraction room. There were almost 200 enemies and only 8-10 spawned every minute or 2 and you had to leave the spawning area everytime. Our group just left after a while and made a new one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

ElegantFugue posted:

So much this. Heavy Gunners and Bombards aren't exactly a fun time, either, whereas Corpus have, what? Leech Ospreys and I guess Fusion Moas in large swarms, as far as super-annoying foes go?

Well, dangerous foes yes.

If a bunch of Anti Moas are around, have fun getting juggled endlessly :shepicide:

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"
Has anyone else been having major crashing issues lately? I've tried about 5 times to run some mobile defense in order to get oxium and I've crashed every time, anyone have some idea how I could fix this?

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe
Puuuuuubbies! :argh:

:3:

Golgozor
Jun 20, 2002

Medicine Snakes
So I grabbed a deathcube and leveled it up to 30 to get the trophy, got no trophy. WTF?

I have a carrier, it was already 30 when the patch came out, hence buying deathcube and leveling it up for the trophy.
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

PSN ID(PS4): Steamshovel_Dan WiiU: Steamshovel (not playing it ATM)

Golgozor fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Feb 1, 2014

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

Golgozor posted:

So I grabbed a deathcube and leveled it up to 30 to get the trophy, got no trophy. WTF?

Get a Carrier, they add so much utility and peace-of-mind that they're almost always better.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)
Newbie pubbies are so terrible they can become endearing. Like when you're clearing out infestation with an Ignis and then there's this Excalibur newbie realizing his MK1 Braton and Lato not doing enough damage so he's just using Slash Dash and trying to chop up the infested. He'd get swarmed because he's way in the front while chopping furiously and I'd clear everything around him in 0.5 seconds. Then he'd run off again to chop some more dudes. It's like :downs: going "I'm helping!"

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Man, Invasion needs a better UI.

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.
So we all know Carrier is amazing, but you can swap sentinel weapons right? Is it worth getting another specifically for their weapon?

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

Killsion posted:

So we all know Carrier is amazing, but you can swap sentinel weapons right? Is it worth getting another specifically for their weapon?

The shotgun is the best.

TheBlandName
Feb 5, 2012
Get Djinn because the Stinger is really good at killing Corpus. Other than that, eh.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Golgozor posted:

Probably just bugged. The achievements were a bit screwy on PC as well when they were introduced, but they were eventually fixed.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I thought this was a challenge like the fires or ice.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
I got that once while doing a nightmare mission solo. It was... an experience (read: I got shot a bunch in the face by enemies I couldn't see).

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Elysiume posted:

I thought this was a challenge like the fires or ice.

It's a side-effect of the fire hazard on the Jupiter tileset.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I can't see pretty much anything on the asteroid maps when there's ice, it's so dark.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Turning off color correction will fix that.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Helter Skelter posted:

It's a side-effect of the fire hazard on the Jupiter tileset.
I didn't notice her telling me about the fire. The ice warning I can understand, because it's less obvious that it cuts your shields in half. The fire warning...thanks Lotus.

"Stay away from the fires."
    \

Well there go my plans of standing in the fire.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

It's even better when she tells you about halfway through the level.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Friday night ninja headbanging party at the dojo. Yeah it happened.

Where did my life go wrong? :negative:

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

wid posted:

Newbie pubbies are so terrible they can become endearing. Like when you're clearing out infestation with an Ignis and then there's this Excalibur newbie realizing his MK1 Braton and Lato not doing enough damage so he's just using Slash Dash and trying to chop up the infested. He'd get swarmed because he's way in the front while chopping furiously and I'd clear everything around him in 0.5 seconds. Then he'd run off again to chop some more dudes. It's like :downs: going "I'm helping!"

HEY! I was that pubbie once. :colbert:

Anyway, few things. For the curious / new, here's a goon LP of Dark Sector.. The game starts off slow, but the wackiness creeps in reasonably quickly.

Also, what's the best way to get a trade going on PS4? Just toss what cool stuffs I got in chat and see if anyone is interested? I've got like 3 Point Blank mods, but no Serration yet, and it's starting to show in regular missions. :negative:

WTF Edit - Warframe just deleted itself off my PS4 while I updated BF4. :psyduck: What the gently caress? :dice:

limited fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Feb 1, 2014

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

limited posted:

HEY! I was that pubbie once. :colbert:

Anyway, few things. For the curious / new, here's a goon LP of Dark Sector.. The game starts off slow, but the wackiness creeps in reasonably quickly.

Also, what's the best way to get a trade going on PS4? Just toss what cool stuffs I got in chat and see if anyone is interested? I've got like 3 Point Blank mods, but no Serration yet, and it's starting to show in regular missions. :negative:

WTF Edit - Warframe just deleted itself off my PS4 while I updated BF4. :psyduck: What the gently caress? :dice:

Take it as a sign. EA can't do anything right.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity
I fully accept BF4 is a buggy as gently caress game, the fun makes up for it, but a game which has nothing to do with it getting hosed up is a bit weird. It wasn't a partial overwrite or something, it was literally just gone but thankfully my save data still exists, so my stuff is still there.

I hope. Still there thankfully. :toot:

limited fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Feb 1, 2014

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Your stuff is saved on their servers, so even if the game blew up your PS4 you would still have it.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Not sure if anyone else has noticed this, but if you are using a Held-type trigger weapon (such as Synapse) and have a smooth mouse wheel (no ticks, just a loose wheel) you can bind wheel up/down as another fire key then flick the wheel and just blast everything to gently caress faster than holding it.

Note that this will also blast your ammo reserve to gently caress but :v:

e: it is only fair to point out that it will blast your eardrums as well, the noise (at least with the Synapse) is just god-awful

Shugojin fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Feb 1, 2014

JayJay
Jun 16, 2005

TEHHHHHH Jetplane!

drat, I only played this game a few hours a few months ago. But now I am confused as hell. I logged in and whenever I click my name up top, it says im ready to be tested for the next rank. But when I click yes, it says I have to wait 24 hours. The gently caress? Should I just do some random maps instead?

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Sometimes it bugs out. You won't lose out on any XP so just try again when the timer is up.

JayJay
Jun 16, 2005

TEHHHHHH Jetplane!

Carecat posted:

Sometimes it bugs out. You won't lose out on any XP so just try again when the timer is up.

Thanks! That's basically all I was concerned about.

Is it best to just play with pubbies at a low level (my mag is 8 I guess?) or should I look to get into the clan and play with goons early on? I don't really understand what the hell I'm doing yet in this game so I don't want to suck up actual groups.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Don't worry it's easy for one person to do enough DPS to solo a mission, outside of long survival or T3 defense.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

So, it's been confirmed that the new warframe coming with Update 12 will be the first to be obtainable through the clan research system.

Time to farm more oxium, I guess.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Helter Skelter posted:

So, it's been confirmed that the new warframe coming with Update 12 will be the first to be obtainable through the clan research system.

Time to farm more oxium, I guess.

I have 250+ from doing Kappa while the affinity booster is up. I'm guessing I'll need more than that somehow.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I was on a team that killed the stalker then promptly failed the mission, thanks Obama

Objectivist Rapist
Mar 25, 2007

Rape is a construct
and I'm an engineer

DelphiAegis posted:

I have 250+ from doing Kappa while the affinity booster is up. I'm guessing I'll need more than that somehow.

I have like, 500-600 because my life is worthless and I keep running the drat missions. And a small voice keeps whispering in my head "you know that's not enough."

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Spaceman Bill posted:

I was on a team that killed the stalker then promptly failed the mission, thanks Obama

We just had a Stalker that dropped absolutely nothing. Disappointed.

e: Also, for the record, the Detron is absolutely fantastic for soloing some of the phased bosses like Lech, if you need parts from them. The Radiation proc will make them just walk around idly for a few seconds, giving you ample time to nail weak spots with your main weapon.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
I still can't get the drat Harvester to spawn to drop a Detron reciever. :argh:

Also whoever designed the Oxium Ospreys is a loving rear end in a top hat; turns out if you damage them a little bit but don't finish them off in time they'll suicide charge you and when they explode like that they don't drop any oxium. If I didn't know about running mobdef to get loads of Oxium I'd be tearing my hair out right now.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Insert name here posted:

The first time I saw the Harvester he dropped the receiver. :smug:

It was also in a mission that was started before I could put on non-terrible gear, and killing it started the defense mission. The two of us in the mission had to frantically grab people from the clan because it probably wouldn't have gone so hot.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Insert name here posted:

Also whoever designed the Oxium Ospreys is a loving rear end in a top hat; turns out if you damage them a little bit but don't finish them off in time they'll suicide charge you and when they explode like that they don't drop any oxium. If I didn't know about running mobdef to get loads of Oxium I'd be tearing my hair out right now.

Just dodge them when they charge. You can roll sideways by tapping sprint/roll while holding to the side while aiming.

Tepplen
Jan 9, 2012

Words of Friendship!
Just hopped on today and Eris is now 100% grineer. :smithicide:

Is it just me, or does it seem like nobody wants anything but grineer missions? Because honestly, I could live never having to play another grineer mission again.

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.

animaCartographer posted:

Just hopped on today and Eris is now 100% grineer. :smithicide:

Is it just me, or does it seem like nobody wants anything but grineer missions? Because honestly, I could live never having to play another grineer mission again.

It's more everyone wants to fight the Harvester than anything else. I've only fought him once, and that was before he had guaranteed drops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006
It's really just a combination of events. With equal rewards, siding with the grineer gets you the most bang for your buck. You fight less deadly enemies (nothing even comes close to heavy grineers on corpus), you work towards an Alad V mark for farming the detron, and you can get oxium ospreys for this dumb event. Sure, siding with the grineer just means more of the map is populated by the assholes that are grineer, but if you've unlocked the map to do the invasion, you really don't give a poo poo. It just messes with the people who are farming specific stuff.

At least Xini is still giving infestation defense rewards so barrel diffusion is still a possibility (seriously, loving seekers, t3 infested defense, and maybe void storage boxes? those are the only places they want that to drop?).