Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Its really funny and impressive that Leeds let someone who didn't even own the club sack the manager

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10

TelekineticBear! posted:

Sacking McDermott and bringing in his own coaching staff

Didn't realise this but the incoming guy was pictured being shown around earlier this week. Also worth noting that he's only been a manager 7 months and those months have been spent managing a team in Italy's third tier. They are currently 14 points behind the back and between the end of September and new year managed to win two of their ten games.

What. The. gently caress.

Botswana!
Oct 12, 2009

They want what all Scotch people want: To kill the Queen, and destroy our way of life.
leeds will cease to exist by 2017, book it

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

leeds will cease to exist by 20:17, at this rate.

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
cheer up you miserable peacocks

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!

Pipski posted:

leeds will cease to exist by 20:17, at this rate.

If you could do it this season, and therefore make it less likely we'll be relegated, that'd be nice thanks!

Botswana!
Oct 12, 2009

They want what all Scotch people want: To kill the Queen, and destroy our way of life.

ForeverBWFC posted:

If you could do it this season, and therefore make it less likely we'll be relegated, that'd be nice thanks!

you won't get relegated m8, you've got liam trotter

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

according to multiple sources, the club are now trying to reinstate mcdermott. holy loving hell. have i simply gone insane, is that it?

Carrier
May 12, 2009

Leeds.

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam
Fire BAE into the sun please
Could've been worse though, a point's decent

cadfael
Nov 7, 2010

Haha Frimmy's been sent off

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

cadfael posted:

Haha Frimmy's been sent off

lmao that's brilliant. The BBC were saying before the game that he was charging round like a lunatic in the warmup so he'd probably be sent off at some point.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Lamont Cranston posted:

Fire BAE into the sun please
Could've been worse though, a point's decent

I don't get him sometimes. He was great most of the game but those two decisions that led to the goal and the near-miss were just bizarre, how can someone that experienced gently caress up something that easy.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Oh no they've lost their Flamingoland sponsorship!

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I saw a gorilla eat its own poo poo at flamingo land.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

It's official.

quote:

The club would like to make it clear that Brian McDermott remains our first team manager. He has not been dismissed from his post as has been suggested and we look forward to him continuing in his role with us in taking Leeds United forwards.

Good news! Plus a McCormack hat trick, and a 5-1 drubbing of Huddersfailed. Today is definitely better than yesterday, so far.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Pipski posted:

It's official.

Good news! Plus a McCormack hat trick, and a 5-1 drubbing of Huddersfailed. Today is definitely better than yesterday, so far.

Idk what is going on anymore but that was brilliant today. Toy town were miles better than us first half and we hosed em up I love it.

Christ knows what BM is thinking right now

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

I feel dizzy, what on earth is going on

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on

Pipski posted:

according to multiple sources, the club are now trying to reinstate mcdermott. holy loving hell. have i simply gone insane, is that it?

loving lmao

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car
The ref in the Barnsley game did not stay dench, and got frimponged.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Should get a sweepstakes going on how long until McD gets sacked again by a man who isn't his employer.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

McD's job is safe as long as McCormack is scoring

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Can we sack McDermott every week

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Park Chu-Young is on loan to watford now

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:
Time for Reading to hit their 2nd half of the season form fully and win the league IMO

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
BM's press conference is going to be live just after 1pm on ssn.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Some paraphrased quotes from BM:

I'm sat here because this is leeds United and I'm the manager and I want to be manager here. I won't resign that's for sure.

The fans proved [during Saturdays game] they are a class act, whoever takes over here has to have the support of those fans.

I've no idea what will happen if Cellino takes over. I've had assurances about my position from David Haigh but the rest is for the future. I'm responsible for all football matters, I answer to GFH and no one else.

It would have been easy to walk away but why would you walk away from being leeds United manager it wouldn't make any sense. All of this has given all of us here a lot more drive.

The only thing that matters now is moving forward, put this to bed and get this takeover done as soon as possible.

The team was changed from the one I picked for the game, then changed back after GFH told me I had not been sacked.

(re the signing of the Italian player festa apparently tried to sign on Friday) I don't know the player but if the deal is ratified by the fl he will get my respect and we will see if we can use him.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I like that there are no questions at all about someone who went to prison for embezzlement passing the fit and proper persons test

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
I don't think anyone is thinking that Cellino will definitely pass that test. I can't speak for all leeds fans but I'd be surprised if there were many that wants him at the club.

Mcdermott was asked about Cellino and the other potential buyers and said that whatever happened it had to be right for the club, not for him personally.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

stickyfngrdboy posted:

Some paraphrased quotes from BM:

I'm sat here because this is leeds United and I'm the manager and I want to be manager here. I won't resign that's for sure.

The fans proved [during Saturdays game] they are a class act, whoever takes over here has to have the support of those fans.

I've no idea what will happen if Cellino takes over. I've had assurances about my position from David Haigh but the rest is for the future. I'm responsible for all football matters, I answer to GFH and no one else.

It would have been easy to walk away but why would you walk away from being leeds United manager it wouldn't make any sense. All of this has given all of us here a lot more drive.

The only thing that matters now is moving forward, put this to bed and get this takeover done as soon as possible.

The team was changed from the one I picked for the game, then changed back after GFH told me I had not been sacked.

(re the signing of the Italian player festa apparently tried to sign on Friday) I don't know the player but if the deal is ratified by the fl he will get my respect and we will see if we can use him.

BM is an all-round class act.

The rival consortium are saying they've put in a bid that matches Cellino's. If that's the case, it seems to me that it will be hard to make a case for accepting his over theirs. If they do accept his though, I have zero faith in the FPP test proving any kind of obstacle to him. I would like to be proved wrong though. (Well, actually, I'd like not to have to be proved wrong, I'd like them to just sell to Flowers & Farnan.)

stickyfngrdboy posted:

I don't think anyone is thinking that Cellino will definitely pass that test. I can't speak for all leeds fans but I'd be surprised if there were many that wants him at the club.

I've been surprised by how many fans I've seen saying they think Cellino should get in because they think he has deeper pockets. Maybe they're just being contrarian. Alternatively, maybe they're just idiots.

Pipski fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Feb 3, 2014

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Maybe they've not seen how he's run Cagliari. I don't think he's thrown money at that club so I see no reason why he'd do that with us. Hopefully the other lot will get in and it'll all be moot anyway.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I'm glad Leeds are mad again, I thought we were going to make it an entire season without another wealthy arab sheik reneging on a multi billion pound investment deal because he looked out of a window [definitely happened-no citation needed]

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Reminder that Ken Bates had masterminded a massive sugar daddy takeover with the pen hovering over the contract and Leeds were in the process of ringing up Messi's agent when the wealthy investor saw some Leeds fans outside the office holding up a bedsheet with 'BATES OUT' on it, and singing rude songs, and he got in his private jet and went straight home, and then there was no money for anybody, and that's why we had to sell everyone. And also why you have to pay four pounds for a programme. I hope you're all proud of yourselves.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Does Bates still write rants in the programme?

Edit: Good news leeds supporters, Cellino will pass the fit and proper persons test

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/feb/03/leeds-united-massimo-cellino-football-league

Jose fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Feb 4, 2014

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Smiley Face posted:

Time for Reading to hit their 2nd half of the season form fully and win the league IMO

This. We didn't hit top gear in the first half of the season, was really frustrating to watch. I have no idea why we don't bother showing up in the championship until after new year.

*EDIT*

Scott Bakula posted:

Good news leeds supporters, Cellino will pass the fit and proper persons test

That test is a waste of space. Any club owned by a man who can't return to his home country because of war crime allegations, a portfolio of investors who firesale the players and then flee the club 18 months later or a consortium of owners who don't have names and turn out to actually not be eastern European or middle eastern but from Hong Kong and broke.

Bacon of the Sea fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Feb 4, 2014

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Haven't portsmouth had owners who literally didnt exist pass the test?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
CAn't wait to see Leeds United disappear.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

TelekineticBear! posted:

Haven't portsmouth had owners who literally didnt exist pass the test?

Wasn't that Notts County?

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Pissflaps posted:

CAn't wait to see Leeds United disappear.

You might not have to wait long. Flowers has issued a "winding up petition" against LUFC. We owe him £6m, so the prospect of losing our sponsors, plus having to repay that, has surely got to put their bid in a pretty decent position versus Cellino's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Excellent.

• Locked thread