Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sweetguts
Apr 29, 2013

I know what I'm about.

Midnight Moth posted:

Not Retail

drat crafty retail clerks! Always trying to pull a fast one!

You said it was a "great idea", a normal person would interpret that as a "yes", how do you expect her to e-mail your receipt without an e-mail address? and oh no, you might have to click "unsubscribe" on something, oh, the horror

retail and dustin both exist in this weird symbiotic relationship of awful human beings. on the one hand, if all shoppers were half as annoying as they are in dustin, the shittiness of the employees in retail would be somewhat excusable. on the other, if employees in the real world were as smug and patronizing as they are in retail, the whining in dustin would be justified.

instead both strips are just full of jerks being jerks to people who are just trying to get through their day and I wish I didn't read either of them but for some reason I just have to and I hate it. I could have wasted that 30 seconds of reading on something fun. I could have lost at a game of candy crush in that time. Instead, I read Dustin, then I wrote this post about it. God drat it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bitchtits McGee
Jul 1, 2011

Wanamingo posted:

Now should I be thumbnailing this? It is large, but vertically so instead of horizontally.

Tack an 'h' on the end of the filename, and imgur will process the image as a Huge thumbnail. Might try that? (There are a couple of other letters for other sizes, but I only ever use Huge so I can't remember the others.)

catlord posted:

Man, Morrie Turner was awesome.

Is. :colbert:

Kammat posted:

In the introduction, O'Donnell mentioned he never thought something like this would happen, but then Katrina blew in about 32 years after this story.

Hell, New Orleans never thought something like that would happen.

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Looks like the colorist forgot that Sad Sack was a ginger.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Or it was the syndicate colourist that decided to make him ginger against the original intention and shading all his hair in is the only way the artist can get him to stop. I went back a few sundays, and his hair's dark in those. There's a weird hierarchy in newspaper comics, the whole industry could use some Introspection Comix.

Pooch Café

Wherein the white dog wants to leave a man to die.

Ballard Street

All patterns are inherently mathematically interesting. If you were to find one that was not, it would become so by virtue of being so rare.

flavor.flv fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Feb 1, 2014

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

"Operator" and payphones? Which decade is this strip set in anyway?

Fingerpori

- The professional I ordered is here to help move the piano

Muuttaa is a nice verb. It means "to move" in the sense of moving/changing to another (semi-)permanent residence, mostly referring to a new home. It also means "to change/modify/turn/transform".

Plim plom is obviously the sound a doorbell makes.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
Good morning from beautiful Niagara Falls, ON! Well, except that it's raining and cold. But I can safely say, the Falls are still operating smoothly... :v:

Non Sequitur

Ew. :ughh:

Heavenly Nostrils is late.

9 Chickweed Lane 2/1/2003

I'm not sure that even makes sense, Brooke.

Zits

He's not hogging the heat, Jeremy, he's just more thermally efficient. :v:

Kevin & Kell

Brilliant. :ughh:

Right, off to find some poutine. :v:

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

don Jaime posted:

This is weird. There was an earlier strip not too long ago that showed boys running to watch the circus come to town, one of whom was holding his pants up because he had been relieving himself when word came. This is a wild west show, and there's no mention of peeing, but there's still a kid holding up his pants. Looks like Williams wasn't above recycling strips.

I was reading that second one as a little kid wearing hand-me-downs that are maybe a size or two too large for him, one of those poor family tropes from way back. The tip-off is that all of the kids' clothes are either too large or too small. The first one you mentioned could swing either way, because when a baby brother's gotta go, he's gotta go.

Peanuts (February 4, 1967)

Funky Winkerbean

Popeye

Rip Haywire

Pogo (February 4, 1956)

Out Our Way (May 12-13, 1924)

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Cul-de-sac

Unfortunately, because the brilliant and talented Richard Thompson was struck with Parkinson's disease and had to end the strip prematurely, we will see some re-runs from time to time. However; it's new to SOMEone, and an old favorite to someone else, so no matter what, I'll keep posting Cul-de-sac.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Arthur Rankin Jr. died on Thursday - animated 'Wee Pals' trifecta now in play.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Momma

Wee Pals

Andertoons

Four Eyes

Arlo and Janis

Lost Side of Suburbia

Zachary Nixon Johnson

:byodame:

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Moomin's Winter Follies

BlueDestiny
Jun 18, 2011

Mega deal with it

Moomin knows that to kill Brisk would be a mercy. A far worse fate is to let him live as a broken man, forever :smithicide:

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
Mymble is the most adorable AND shows that she's hardcore enough to hang with the rest of the crew, god drat

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Bloom County

Considering the other possible demonstrations of this part of a relationship, he got off light.

Calvin And Hobbes

Cheap Thrills Cuisine provides recipes on a weekly basis. Going through their backlog, I'm genuinely impressed at the range they have.

Chuckle Bros. CHUCKLE BROS

Flashback to Citizen Dog, which Mister Beeg posted in its entirety last thread (or was it two threads ago?).

Cleats. Well, it's better than Girls And Sports, at least.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

The disconnect between Box Racer and Camera Phone in that Nancy strip is astonishing. Also, wouldn't a box be a terrible sled?

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
Sergio Aragones (selections from "A Mad Look at Prison Life"; Mad #143, December 1991)

Don Martin Dept. (Mad #105, September 1966)

Thorn (February 1-2, 1984)

Lucky Cow (April 12-14, 2004)

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Darthemed posted:

Cheap Thrills Cuisine provides recipes on a weekly basis. Going through their backlog, I'm genuinely impressed at the range they have.

I humbly request more of these please.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
I'm glad to see that Cheap Thrills Cuisine is still around. It used to run in my paper years ago.

Thanks Internet
May 27, 2012

This poster just flew all the way from Caketown just to make this post!

Now THAT'S desperate!

Darthemed posted:

Yeah, let's get more of this. :yum:

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

sweetguts posted:

You said it was a "great idea", a normal person would interpret that as a "yes", how do you expect her to e-mail your receipt without an e-mail address? and oh no, you might have to click "unsubscribe" on something, oh, the horror

Yeah, I really hate to defend this strip in any way and I'm not sure it's a great joke, but I didn't react with horror at this one. The beat in the third panel sells it for me, because I see her thinking "oh, wait..." and the sales person thinking "yep, penny just dropped, corporate's gonna sell that list sooo fast" so then the last panel doesn't seem quite so annoying and is even mildly amusing in a pluggery kind of way.

Not that anything like that has ever happened to me and I ended up having to hit unsubscribe like eighty times or burn the email address, or anything.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nthing Cheap Thrills, it's a good thing to teach people how to cook better :3:.

Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I was wondering if there was a step down from "leave a two year old watched by a four year old" and I guess "show no sign of worry or interest while the four year old is very clearly not watching the two year old" just about does the trick.

It's one way to teach your friends they can't expect you to babysit at a moment's notice, for sure.

e: wasn't this also the strip where they keep the household chemicals in the child-accessible kitchen cupboards? That's shaping up to be a lot more radical solution!

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Heathcliff

Mandrake the Magician

:allears:

The Phantom

Pickles

Classic Prince Valiant
I forgot to mention it yesterday, but we're now In the Service of King Arthur.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

What a oval office, how dare she.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Ham Shears January 17, 2014

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

sweetguts posted:

retail and dustin both exist in this weird symbiotic relationship of awful human beings. on the one hand, if all shoppers were half as annoying as they are in dustin, the shittiness of the employees in retail would be somewhat excusable. on the other, if employees in the real world were as smug and patronizing as they are in retail, the whining in dustin would be justified.

instead both strips are just full of jerks being jerks to people who are just trying to get through their day and I wish I didn't read either of them but for some reason I just have to and I hate it. I could have wasted that 30 seconds of reading on something fun. I could have lost at a game of candy crush in that time. Instead, I read Dustin, then I wrote this post about it. God drat it.

Didn't Ed show up in Retail?

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Bitchtits McGee posted:

Tack an 'h' on the end of the filename, and imgur will process the image as a Huge thumbnail. Might try that? (There are a couple of other letters for other sizes, but I only ever use Huge so I can't remember the others.)

:crossarms:

*types l*

Well, I'll be damned.

Luann

This, at least, seems like something I've seen people do in real life. More specifically, the School Creepy Chick is trying to be all creepy and mysterious, but instead is just coming off as annoying.

Apartment 3-G

Now, the story of Flag the Deer is not ringing a bell for me, but it seems Tommie is familiar with it. You'd think she'd remember the part where Flag the Deer gets mangled in the wheat thresher and eaten alive by dogs, but I guess not.

Pros & Cons

Sally Forth

I guess at least he's planning to make sure Mason learns something instead of just passing him regardless.

The Amazing Spider-Man

Nooooooooooooooooo... :(

Julet Esqu fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Feb 1, 2014

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

Nooooooooooooooooo... :(

Rooting for hilarious sabotage...

...and that one's going right in the memory vault.

Skippy (October 26-27, 1926)

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Volume posted:

Ham Shears January 17, 2014

Seems like we recently had a Mary Worth just like this.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Ham Shears is just Mary Worth before the plastic surgery

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Julet Esqu posted:

Sally Forth

Guys, I don't mean to worry you but did you leave your baby somewhere?

Humanoid Female
Mar 13, 2008

dismas posted:

Guys, I don't mean to worry you but did you leave your baby somewhere?

I hope they didn't ask a neighboring cartoon to babysit. Given what's going on in FOOB, the kid will never be seen again.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

GorfZaplen posted:

The Phantom

Well I have good news for you Mr. Bad Guy, the Righes don't exist. They never did. Because righes is a made up word.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Juliet Jones

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

Johnny Hazard

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Wow, Mymble is hardcore!

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
"Do I get to drink the candy syrup from the wax bottle?" Jesus, has Gilchrist ever talked to a human, much less a child?

Even the weirdest kids in school just ask for M&Ms instead of: "Do I get to eat the chocolate covered candies from within your paper wrapper?"

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Professor Wayne posted:

"Do I get to drink the candy syrup from the wax bottle?" Jesus, has Gilchrist ever talked to a human, much less a child?

Even the weirdest kids in school just ask for M&Ms instead of: "Do I get to eat the chocolate covered candies from within your paper wrapper?"

Not to mention no one under the age of 50 gives a poo poo about wax bottle candies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

I find something comforting in one of the last Soul Circles being a Black Panther. :black101:

• Locked thread