Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Say Nothing posted:

I find it amusing that the jailhouse rapist is one of the most heroic chracters in the series.

Note that he specified that it was for all the men who were killed. I don't think he cares that much about the women.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Terror Sweat posted:

And also his clothes fall off.

His clothes always fell off. :colbert:

GyroNinja
Nov 7, 2012

Terror Sweat posted:

And also his clothes fall off.

That part isn't actually necessary for his attack, it's just a bonus.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

AnonSpore posted:

His clothes always fell off. :colbert:

Burn off is more like it. I'm sure he likes it that way.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

PaganGoatPants posted:

Burn off is more like it. I'm sure he likes it that way.
He was pretty upset when he lost his sweater!

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

Spiderdrake posted:

He was pretty upset when he lost his sweater!
I wasn't. :swoon:

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
Yo man, we basically an anime now. 6 new pages to the chapter may not sound like much but Murata kind of pulled out all the stops (though not quite.)

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
So that animated 'page' is the real deal? :psyduck:

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

So that animated 'page' is the real deal? :psyduck:

Exactly as it appears on the Japanese site.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The Japanese site sure loads slowly.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

This thing

Reminds me very distinctly of the devil bat (it's mostly in the expression, which doesn't match this reference pick, but I didn't want to dig through the entirety of ES21 to find that one image)

And I don't think it's a coincidence. That, or Murata can draw only one kind of flying head creature.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
What is the Japanese site again?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Gyges posted:

What is the Japanese site again?

http://tonarinoyj.jp/manga/onepanman/

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Oh, it was added to the end of what we got last time. I was looking all over for something new and clicked that issue a couple times before I decided to go through it again to see if there was something new at the end.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Amppelix posted:

This thing

Reminds me very distinctly of the devil bat (it's mostly in the expression, which doesn't match this reference pick, but I didn't want to dig through the entirety of ES21 to find that one image)

And I don't think it's a coincidence. That, or Murata can draw only one kind of flying head creature.

It's pretty much the same as how ONE drew it. Probably a coincidence.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
http://www.batoto.net/read/_/221009/onepunch-man_ch32v3_by_nerieru-scans

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
The last panel on page 24 is the best goddamn thing ever.

Faltion
Jul 4, 2004

I am an anachronism
Page 29. What. :psyduck:

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Faltion posted:

Page 29. What. :psyduck:

Pushing the boundaries of digital art :allears:

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
The next dozen updates are going to be this same chapter, only page 29 is more and more refined until finally it matches the quality of the rest of the panels.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Nipponophile posted:

The next dozen updates are going to be this same chapter, only page 29 is more and more refined until finally it matches the quality of the rest of the panels.

I wouldn't put it past Murata to actually do that.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
God drat The King looks so badass.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
And then you realize he has a mullet and probably looks like a redneck from the side or back and it's destroyed.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

Looks pulled back, like an open ponytail to me, kinda like Liquid Ocelot from Metal Gear.

[edit] 2 minutes with fill bucket.

Ak Gara fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Feb 1, 2014

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
My god Murata just keeps surprising how good he gets. Page 29 took me a bit, but then I realize oh wow he's animating it.

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Ak Gara posted:

The King Engine is roaring :swoon:

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Why is he half stuck in the ground? I can't remember...

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Suspicious Lump posted:

Why is he half stuck in the ground? I can't remember...

He never finished climbing out of the hole Saitama made.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

His sweater is a giant QR code.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Ak Gara posted:

His cat must be a real piece of work.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Renaissance Robot posted:

His cat must be a real piece of work.

Logically speaking, the cat that belongs to the strongest man in the world must be the strongest cat in the world

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

AnonSpore posted:

Logically speaking, the cat that belongs to the strongest man in the world must be the strongest cat in the world
The King Engine is meowing?

I haven't read the manga so I don't know what that means, but man does it sound cool.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

AnonSpore posted:

What if he became the strongest man in the world to protect his helpless cat?

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

The King Engine is meowing?

I haven't read the manga so I don't know what that means, but man does it sound cool.

See all those japanese characters around King in most of the panels he is in? Those are sound effects, specifically "DOH DOH DOH DOH DOH DOH DOH", like a car engine idling. That's not for effect, that is a real sound that people around King can actually hear, and it is nicknamed the King Engine because it's so distinctive. So everyone saying "Man, the king engine is roaring" is commenting on all those Doh's around him.

Anyone saying any more than that about the King Engine is spoiling things, so don't do it.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Er, it's probably less that they can hear it and more that they're breaking the 4th wall.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

I like to think it's the audible beating of The King's heart when he's pissed off. If you hear it he's probably getting ready for a smackdown, and you shouldn't piss him off further.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

You could draw fanart of the Saitama demolishing anything. And it would always be great.

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...

Ak Gara posted:

I like to think it's the audible beating of The King's heart when he's pissed off. If you hear it he's probably getting ready for a smackdown, and you shouldn't piss him off further.

Keep in mind the other characters have no idea how his powers work and in this world a man with a powers based on a V-8 in his chest is perfectly viable. In other words they don't know what the hell it is, other than a warning not to gently caress with him.

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~

Soulcleaver posted:

You could draw fanart of the Saitama demolishing anything. And it would always be great.

Who's the first character?

vvvvvvvvvv Thanks!

Kaja Rainbow fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Feb 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Kaja Rainbow posted:

Who's the first character?

Marie from Skullgirls