Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Pandemonium if you do submit anything to the China Post just remember there's a one in three chance that I'll be editing it, so because I'm a terrible and lazy foreigner please ensure it's already perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

please let me show you screenshots of all The Ladies swooning over me

duckfarts posted:

I think you're taking an offhand comment way too personally.

Pandemonium, your writing is terrible and you need to focus your thoughts; I think you should know this before you send out your latest very-qualified editorial about what people should be doing instead of what they are currently doing.

:ironicat::hf::ironicat:
Hurry up and break up this circlejerking before it's too late; it's your calling

That's just, like, your, like, opinion, man, y'know? Let's all assume how we write on SA is how we write in all other settings, venues, avenues, and whatnot. That's a grand ole' assumption. Your usage of a semicolon is bad, btw. :downswords:

Anyway, I'm sorry. I didn't realize this was such serious business and feelings were going to get hurt. Sorry, poetrywhore and Moon Slayer. Let's everyone hold hands and never judge anything ever. That short story I read and was forced to listen to by some ex-pat about a DJ who surgically extended his fingers and installed USB drives in the extensions so he could DJ better--that's a winner! :allears:

Moonslayer, I don't know which articles are yours. And I think it's cute that you think movie critics are like normal folks with a gosh-darn opinion. I guess maybe at local papers, but come on, you can't be serious. Most critics, of which movie critics are one group, are serious business guys and gals with serious knowledge of what is they are reviewing and criticizing.

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

POCKET CHOMP posted:

Well, he did say that his job is writing and that no foreigners here have any writing talent, so...

Other than myself, of course.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

poo poo, hang on guys, I need to go cancel a business card order.

EDIT:

I didn't know it was Serious Business, guys :smith:

Moon Slayer fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Feb 1, 2014

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

Ahhh, I found something un-edited on my computer. This is the quality of writing I had to edit. And it is 100% foreigner-written. I know. I asked many, many times.

quote:

#1: After months of non-stop working, I can finally take a load off. This resort is simply amazing. I was so lucky to finalize a reservation here. They had been booked up for months. Now that I’m here though, I can get down to some “me time”. First up, I definitely need to get a good, long massage to ease all my aches and pains. Once I get done with that, it’s off to the golf course for me.

I can’t wait to have that club in my hands and just enjoy the serene beauty of the course. What is a vacation without a good party? I most certainly need to put on my dancing shoes and get around to meeting some new faces. I have worked so hard for so long. This is the time for me to let my hair down and just enjoy every single moment of relaxation.

#2: My job entails that I get into the minds of my patients on a daily basis. There are times when I take our job so seriously that it becomes our own life. The problem with this is that I do not take the time to evaluate our personal life. At this moment in time, I have decided to consider my retirement plan.

Ideally, I would love to retire just before my 50th birthday. This will allow me to spend quality time with my loved ones and also I will be able to fulfill a lifelong dream of mine, to travel around the world. In the next couple of years, I will need to get my finances so that I can make this retirement dream a reality. I can already picture myself sitting on a sunny beach in Spain. That is the life I work towards.

That's just what I have sitting around on my computer. There are much, much worse examples on the boss' computer.

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru

duckfarts posted:

I think you're taking an offhand comment way too personally.

Pandemonium, your writing is terrible and you need to focus your thoughts; I think you should know this before you send out your latest very-qualified editorial about what people should be doing instead of what they are currently doing.

Was gonna post exactly this, but, I hate calling people out for bad posting, because srs business - comedy forams, etc, etc.

On a different tack, gf had a toothache this morning, took a painkiller then ignored it for the day. Around 11pm the complaining was getting kinda intense, so I figure she should rock on up to McKay's Memorial.

Being able to get decent dental care (x-rays and a reassuringly good poke around) at nearly midnight, on a saturday, during CNY, actually loving owns. I couldn't honestly swear that I could get the same level of care in the UK, certainly not given the extremely inopportune timing.

(antibiotics, anti-inflammatory, some uber-mouth wash and antacid tablets, go back for follow up, in case you're wondering.)

url fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Feb 1, 2014

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru

Pandemonium posted:

Your usage of a semicolon is bad, btw.

Pandemonium posted:

I am pretty content with my effort: output ratio: there were a couple books published in 2013 in which I was the sole English editor and partial writer for, and there is a group of forthcoming national GEPT-clone tests in which I am the sole author.

Your use of a colon is really bad, apparently you think a colon should be used to create posts.

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

Pandemonium posted:

I'm just here to break up the circlejerking. It's my calling. I do it on some ex-pat Chinese boards through the use of the beautiful 繁體字.

繁体字 are bad and used my the 国民党 (aka 蒋介石's fascist lackeys) to keep most taiwanese people too busy writing characters to question the fact they didn't get to actually vote in elections for like 55 years. Why are you propagating this? Does the KMT stuff 10NTD in your bank for every post you make?

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

url posted:

Your use of a colon is really bad, apparently you think a colon should be used to create posts.

I can't believe you are trying to troll my English writing ability with this comma-splice'd-up sentence. Or is that the other joke outside of the extremely cute pun?

quote:

I am pretty content with my effort: output ratio: there were a couple books published in 2013 in which I was the sole English editor and partial writer for, and there is a group of forthcoming national GEPT-clone tests in which I am the sole author.

That sentence has, sequentially, a) a colon that substitutes for "to" (effort to output) and b) a more garden variety "list" colon. Please, don't step to me unless you bring your a-game.

So Magna Kaser, are you suggesting that the Green Party is on-board with 簡體字? I have trouble seeing anyone in Taiwan supporting that collection of horrors crafted by the PRC. You have a point regarding the difficulty of learning to write 繁體字, but you could stand to turn the level of your hyperbole down. Rote memorization of traditional characters is the precise means by which the KMT government controlled the Taiwanese population. :rolleyes: Simplified is ugly, arbitrary, and meaningless. Give me traditional any day--especially if it is a day like today where the vast majority of communication in Chinese is done through some sort of pinyin or zhuyin input.

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru
An apostrophe in the word spliced?

:psypop:

That said, more power to you for using 'a-game' in a reply about a colon pun.

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

Pandemonium posted:

So Magna Kaser, are you suggesting that the Green Party is on-board with 簡體字? I have trouble seeing anyone in Taiwan supporting that collection of horrors crafted by the PRC. You have a point regarding the difficulty of learning to write 繁體字, but you could stand to turn the level of your hyperbole down. Rote memorization of traditional characters is the precise means by which the KMT government controlled the Taiwanese population. :rolleyes: Simplified is ugly, arbitrary, and meaningless. Give me traditional any day--especially if it is a day like today where the vast majority of communication in Chinese is done through some sort of pinyin or zhuyin input.

I prefer 甲骨文 cause they're even less simplified and therefore more meaningful, rather than simplified which was actually a movement started in the Qing dynasty which only gained favor during Sun Yat-Sen's rule!!!

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.
Guys I just want to let you know that, after reviewing some of this guys posts to remember who the gently caress he's supposed to be, it's really important, to let you know, that he totally gets laid sometimes.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
The cool thing about, traditional, is that I find: the radicals ; easier to remember" which makes it easier to <learn them pneumatically>.

Truly a beautiful written language => 可是我覺得這個洋鬼有真的非常小的雞雞

Seriously though, simplified is actually basically just a formalized/standardized version of the cursive Traditional uses because no one has the time to actually properly write the characters at all. And amazingly in the digital age when you are inputting phonetically it doesn't really matter at all if the character output is Traditional or Simplified.

My girlfriend was working on a school project and needed to convert a lot of documents from Traditional to Simplified and so was manually retyping everything. I suggested she just copy paste the text into Google Translate. The amount of time she saved went directly into me getting laid. :smug:

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

Atlas Hugged posted:

My girlfriend was working on a school project and needed to convert a lot of documents from Traditional to Simplified and so was manually retyping everything. I suggested she just copy paste the text into Google Translate. The amount of time she saved went directly into me getting laid. :smug:
^^^^^
Proof of 简体字 superiority right here folks.

Does taiwan have a any sort games industry? China's is kind of exploding due to low cost of living and tons of tax havens/SEZs for IT and software companies, but I never seem to see anything coming out of Taiwan.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Magna Kaser posted:

^^^^^
Proof of 简体字 superiority right here folks.

Does taiwan have a any sort games industry? China's is kind of exploding due to low cost of living and tons of tax havens/SEZs for IT and software companies, but I never seem to see anything coming out of Taiwan.

I was at the Taiwan Game Expo last week and I'm not sure if anything was homegrown or not. The weird thing about it was how much floor space match three mobile games got compared to everything else. Only Sony had anything resembling a presence outside of the f2p garbage. Microsoft and Nintendo were completely absent. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the mobile games were developed locally.

Also, there was some digitial distribution program getting plugged but I can't remember the name of it right now. A couple of popular Steam games can only be accessed in Taiwan through that service. I'm not sure if it's strictly Taiwanese or used in the larger East Asia area.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
Last I remember, most Taiwanese stuff was online service games like MMO or gambling games and stuff, nothing particularly notable. I did see a version of the taiko game with current pop music though, though I've never seen it elsewhere to actually play. :argh:

I'm headed to Kaohsiung for 2 days with my brother; are there any places you guys'd recommend? So far, we're thinking about Pier 2 and Cijin island so far.

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

Atlas Hugged posted:

I was at the Taiwan Game Expo last week and I'm not sure if anything was homegrown or not. The weird thing about it was how much floor space match three mobile games got compared to everything else. Only Sony had anything resembling a presence outside of the f2p garbage. Microsoft and Nintendo were completely absent. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the mobile games were developed locally.

Also, there was some digitial distribution program getting plugged but I can't remember the name of it right now. A couple of popular Steam games can only be accessed in Taiwan through that service. I'm not sure if it's strictly Taiwanese or used in the larger East Asia area.

Yeah we looked at the Taiwan Game Expo but decided not to go because we thought it would be kind of like that, mainly with the same sort of crowd we can see in Chengdu or Shanghai. I just never seem to see anything being developed or coming out of Taiwan which seems pretty weird considering how big Japanese/Korean/Chinese and even HK developers are getting, especially in the mobile space.

It's especially surprising considering Taiwan managed to be the #6 in the world for money spent on Google Play in 2013, beating out most of Europe. I guess Puzzles&Dragons and LINE are pretty big there?

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

Atlas Hugged posted:

Seriously though, simplified is actually basically just a formalized/standardized version of the cursive Traditional uses because no one has the time to actually properly write the characters at all.

You don't actually believe that, do you? It's not at all "standardized". If it was, you wouldn't have 電,雲,雪,雷 in traditional becoming 电,云,雪,雷. That's not standardizing anything. That's arbitrary reduction. How about 聼, with a nice ear radical being changed 听, with a useless mouth radical? Which one is better for expressing "listen", I wonder? 國 is apparently better written as jade in a box, 囯. Simple radicals like 言 and 門 really are too much work and need to get poo poo on to become 说 and 门. Simplified is great for writing shorthand, but that's it.

I expected better out of you 阿兜仔 in Taiwan, I really did. And that ignorant, reductionist, super funny oracle bone argument never gets old.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
Standardized in that everyone is using the same shorthand.

Whatever, I'm all about Pinyin anyway. Drawing little semi-phonetic logographs to relate ideas is so first century.

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

Pandemonium posted:

You don't actually believe that, do you? It's not at all "standardized". If it was, you wouldn't have 電,雲,雪,雷 in traditional becoming 电,云,雪,雷. That's not standardizing anything. That's arbitrary reduction. How about 聼, with a nice ear radical being changed 听, with a useless mouth radical? Which one is better for expressing "listen", I wonder? 國 is apparently better written as jade in a box, 囯. Simple radicals like 言 and 門 really are too much work and need to get poo poo on to become 说 and 门. Simplified is great for writing shorthand, but that's it.

I expected better out of you 阿兜仔 in Taiwan, I really did. And that ignorant, reductionist, super funny oracle bone argument never gets old.

hahah I really can't tell if you're trolling or if this is what you actually believe. This is like a wacky argument I'd see in a PYF thread about how vaccines are bad and chemtrails are changing our brains.

Because it's a lazy Sunday morning I'll bite since I've met multiple people, usually entitled white people who feel better about themselves for only learning "hard-mode" Chinese and have no deeper understanding of how characters work or how they evolved, that actually believe this nonsense.

As we all know, Sun Yat-Sen was an evil communist, and that's why his government started to discuss, plan, and create what would ultimately become the PRC's first simplification scheme through the 1920's and 1930's. Many communist spies in the KMT made it seem like they were also in favor of this, but there were a lot of KMT spies in the CCP who opposed it so it kind of evened out.

Let's look at your examples next:

雲 is actually the arbitrary construct in that character set. 云 is the original character for "cloud“ and was used as such for a long time. Then the cool word all the hip scribes (much like you are in the modern era, I guess?) were using for "to say" happened to have the same pronunciation as 云 did and because people writing that stuff were pretty in to efficiency, they decided to use 云 to mean "to say" since it's easy to write. They threw a rain radical on top of it and called that "cloud" cause we all know clouds come from rain!! As you are a super expert of Chinese and regularly own foreigners on Taiwanese expat boards with your sick skills, I probably don't have to tell you that no one uses 云 to mean "to say" outside of really ancient texts anymore. Because of that and because people had been using 云 as shorthand for "cloud" for a while already it was easy to say, "hey look we can go back to the actual ancient meaning for this character and save ourselves like 8 strokes". Also someone first decided this one in like 1930! Why didn't Jiang Jieshi stop them :qq:

国, oh poo poo dude you're right this is totally dumb. Better go back and tell all those Ming and Tang dynasty scribes and poets who used 国 instead of 國 they're being BAD CHINESE and are as bad as the communists and white people in Taiwan today. Also it's a shame the CCP built a time machine and went back in time to make Japan use stuff like 学 and 国 a couple years before they officially did themselves!!!

Also you'd better stay out of that museum in Taipei. I was there and I saw simplified characters like 国 and 与 and 体 in 600 or 1000 year old pieces. You'd be liable to fly in to a rage burn those things to preserve True Chinese Culture if you saw them!

并, man... that‘s another one! Those drat communists!! Why don't they use 並 or any of the other like 14 variants that were widely used before they were standardized in the 50's (Taiwan of course picked the right variant out of the 15+ there were when they standardized and simplified fixed Chinese).

This kind of going back to older meanings/widely used shorthand/picking one variant out of a million was done for about 90% of characters that were simplified. The other 10% fell in to a bunch of categories I'm too hungry to go in to now (gonna grab some 抄手 in a bit), but it's a lot of replacing stuff that was super complicated and had no real semantic value to simpler phonetic stuff (态,响), changing radicals to simpler forms which affected a large number of characters, in very rare cases combining characters like 后 and 後 (the reasoning behind these are generally like 云 above), and in even rarer cases making up NEW CHARACTERS!!!!!

We all know Chinese characters were given to Kongzi by the yellow emperor but he only had a finite number (like 100k) and told him never to make ANY MORE. But the PRC blasphemed and made like 8 brand new characters for the first time in a while and made everyone angry. 艺 is one of these. Artists generally agree saving them those 10 strokes gives them more time to do their art while under house arrest.

And above all, it's a pity that Mao didn't use his famed clairvoyance powers in 1951 to realize computers and cell phones would become a thing and people wouldn't have to write by hand so much anymore. So 可怜!!!

e: i write SO MUCH CHINESE my english grammar is now terrible. i give up i'm also pretty 可怜 i guess.

Ailumao fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Feb 2, 2014

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

I think you think your BA in Chinese qualifies you to speak authoratatively. That's my guess. You are trying really, really hard to defend simplified, and I respect that. Most people :derp: out and parrot some bullshit their Beijing professor told them. Sadly, I have to hang out with my friend who is back from bilking Mainlanders out of their hard-earned money. Never fear, though. I'll be back later tonight and I will show you why knowing a few little factoids about Chinese history does not make your argument any sounder and actually takes away from it. Here's a teaser: devolution.

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

I'm not really defending simplified so much as explaining how it was actually devised because from your post you seem to think it was all arbitrary communist wackiness and Mao was massaging his mole while thinking of how great it would be if he somehow limited the ability of Chinese people to think through character simplification. I personally don't really care whether people use simplified or traditional, the same way that as an American someone spelling words differently like "colour" and "defence" doesn't matter to me. I've lived in Taiwan and the mainland, I can read both proficiently, and honestly I don't see how simplified somehow limits expression in any way compared to traditional as people have been writing with 90% of those simplified characters for upwards of two thousand years.

The one tangible benefit besides the obvious "easier to write" I feel simplified has right now is being easier to read on tiny screens like phones, but I have terrible eyes so that's probably a personal thing.

Also I don't have a BA in Chinese, where did that come from?

Anyway, if you do have some grand rebuke I suggest taking it to the Chinese Language thread as this place isn't really appropriate and that thread is actually super appropriate.

Ailumao fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Feb 2, 2014

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Magna Kaser posted:

where did that come from?
With Pandemonium, :iiam:

I like traditional because it's pretty cool looking and characters just look kinda incomplete in simplified to me.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
He assumes you have a BA in a subject that’s not actually useful until you have a masters or doctors because you responded with an authoratative argument that he thinks he can essily shoot down and you work in Taiwan. He’s already operating on the assumption that you’re talentless and so a BA in Chinese fits his world view. I’m not saying there aren’t uses for a Chinese BA, but just having a degree in a language doesn’t really speak to proficiency or applicable skills, so a lot of people don’t put much stock in them.

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

I really wish you would have done 聼 too. That's pretty much the dumbest one of the bunch of examples I pulled out of my rear end. Not surprisingly, it's also the only one you didn't care to comment on. From a pedantic standpoint (the good kind of pedantic mind you), it really doesn't matter a whole hell of a lot where the simplified characters came from. It's nice to know that 囯 is an earlier character. That's a cute little factoid, indeed. Was it pronounced "guo2" back in the day? No. (Boom. Your entire argument has been nullified.) Meanwhile, 國 has a pseudo-phonetic similarity to 或. It's not a match, but there is a similarity. Simplified shat on that in favor of fewer strokes. 書 and 畫 are easy to remember when compared against each other in traditional--not so much in simplified. 云 may have been an earlier form of the character for cloud, but 雲 is a more fitting variant, grouping it semi-logically with other weather-related phenomenon.

I'd love to hear your explanation for 後 being subsumed by 后. Making "queen" and "after" the same character makes literally no sense outside of a less-strokes-equals-better context. And your little oracle bones argument is just loving retarded. No one that I know supports traditional because it is older but because it is a better system, albeit a more complicated one. I am not arguing for the "older" system so much as the "complete" one. Traditional is in a better place than simplified. You seem to think that giving me the context 马,囯 and all those other simplified characters somehow makes the decision to use them justifiable. It doesn't. It doesn't matter if they were ripped from history or dreamed up. The characters that have a historical precedent were absolutely 100% not pronounced the way Mandarin speakers pronounce them. So, again, thanks for the little history lesson, but it is a moot point. I never argued for traditional > simplified based on historical precedent. That is an assumption you have erroneously made. Simplified are a reductionist devolving of Chinese writing that made sense during the "revolution" and pretty much the entire period of time leading up to the proliferation of good ole' computers, but make no sense now. Traditional arenot perfect by any means, but they are at least semi-logical and intuitive in their relationships, while simplified threw all of that pseduo/faux/semi logic out in favor of making poo poo easier to write.

I have friends who are Chinese teachers in Taiwan and China, and the Taiwanese tell me they love being able to teach traditional because traditional are--gasp--easier to teach. They are more intuitive. Harder to write, but so much more intuitive.

And Atlas Hugged, I made no such claim. Rescind your false assumption forthwith, por favor.

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

Also, it seems to me if anyone is going to trot out the dumb-as-gently caress "durr let's all just use oracle bone script" argument, it's the traditional camp. You simplified chaps and chapseeses seem to enjoy referring to the historical precedent of your lovely characters.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
So that Chinese language thread magna kaser mentioned? Your comments would probably be more appreciated and better discussed there instead of circlejerking here with yourself.

Went to Pier 2 today and it was pretty cool; I really like how they have new sculpture exhibitions cycling through, making it worth visiting again. The whatever-it's-called-largest-night-market was just okay though, and (of course) crowded.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Pandemonium posted:

And Atlas Hugged, I made no such claim. Rescind your false assumption forthwith, por favor.

As far as I can tell, you've made roughly three claims this go around. I don't care about the simplified versus traditional debate, but these seem kind of obvious.

pandemonium posted:

I have judged it because I know the caliber of writers on this island. Nothing to do with you and your special organizing skills; everything to do with the dearth of any sort of talent.

pandemonium posted:

I think you think your BA in Chinese qualifies you to speak authoratatively.

Given that he never claimed to have a BA in Chinese, I was forced to make a guess as to where your assumption came from. It seemed like a fairly good guess all things considered, though it was only my guess. Even if you claim you were merely guessing about the BA, your guess had to come from somewhere. It seems dumb to get offended by it.

Edit: formating on a mobile device

Atlas Hugged fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Feb 2, 2014

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

I responded to you in the other thread cause I don't want to muck up this one more! Here's another link since it seems you missed the first one

e: To come clean, I actually have a weird MA in "Advanced Chinese" which is a very specialized degree and very different from what a MA in Chinese would be but I like my current job :coal:

Ailumao fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Feb 2, 2014

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
Man all this talk and we don't even have TetsuoTW? Oh well.

Pandemonium posted:

Pandemonium, never stop posting in the Taiwan thread. You just need to put on a fedora and say "m'lady"

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru
:siren: Last Call for Poker - 9PM Tonight :siren:

Hope you all had a good CNY. Even you Pandemonium!
I want your 紅包!

We'll do a first deal at 9PM, please arrive a bit earlier if you wanna eat, introductions etc.
Cash game, 1K buy in, repeat as necessary.

Last deal will be 1:45~ so we can divvy up, settle the beer bill, and have a little time to shoot the breeze. We wont be asked to leave, but a 3am exit would be par.

The usual guff:
Zhongshan N Rd. Section 2, Alley 115 No. 15
中山北路二段115巷15號

Name of the place is 川娃子

If you Google Maps the address it will show the proper place, more or less. There's a big red and white sign with 川娃子 on it out front. If you're going north on Zhongshan Rd, take a right at the tiny alley in front of Mr. Onion and it's just a bit down that alley. Prepare to buy-in for at least 1000NT. Beer and food are available for non-exorbitant prices. My number is 0970229902 if you get lost/need me to LINE you a location.

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru

Magna Kaser posted:

"colour" and "defence"

God's own spelling.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I got scheduled to work, sorry I can't make it.

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru

Moon Slayer posted:

I got scheduled to work, sorry I can't make it.

As long as you do a decent job of Philip Seymour Hoffman's obit, it wont have been a wasted day.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

ahahahahaha pandemonium is not only back, but now he's calling out professional writers for being poo poo because they're in Taiwan and calling out Magna Kaser's Chinese knowledge. I have seen fools like you come and go on the regular. 5 minutes after you leave, no one will remember you even exist. you contribute nothing to the great system beyond negativity and saltiness. you on some platinum level bitchmade poo poo. son copping heavy L's with every post. foh with that base-level hating.

e: I'll be down for some poker tonight.

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

caberham posted:

Man all this talk and we don't even have TetsuoTW? Oh well.

Pandemonium, never stop posting in the Taiwan thread. You just need to put on a fedora and say "m'lady"

You need to learn what 故意'ing is. This is SA la. I am surprised with people like poetrywhore having such thin skin. That name alone makes her easily-offendedness infinitely more :what: + humorous.

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

TetsuoTW posted:

ahahahahaha pandemonium is not only back, but now he's calling out professional writers for being poo poo because they're in Taiwan and calling out Magna Kaser's Chinese knowledge. I have seen fools like you come and go on the regular. 5 minutes after you leave, no one will remember you even exist. you contribute nothing to the great system beyond negativity and saltiness. you on some platinum level bitchmade poo poo. son copping heavy L's with every post. foh with that base-level hating.

e: I'll be down for some poker tonight.

You say this like I care if people remember me. And also like you are some big shot-caller and not a weirdo like most of us. And yes, when the national newspapers here print their employees "gee that movie was swell / not swell" reviews, I will take the piss out of it/them.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Keep posting wank, keep acting surprised when people call you a wanker.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Pandemonium, please teach me how to be The Best Foreigner In Taiwan like you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Pandemonium posted:

You say this like I care if people remember me.

Pandemonium posted:

Moonslayer, can you ask your boss if he will run one of my as-yet-unwritten editorials? I have been in this country for five years, so I am sure that qualifies me just as much / even more than you. I already have some potential ideas and/or titles. "The Taiwan Trap" is one. "How to be a Better Babysitter" is another.

Pandemonium posted:

I'll be back later tonight and I will show you why knowing a few little factoids about Chinese history does not make your argument any sounder and actually takes away from it. Here's a teaser: devolution.
tl;dr: pay attention to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee