Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Demolition Man figures would own so hard. They need a tv accessory tho... BECAUSE YOU'RE ON TV!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

John Spartan, you are fined five credits for repeated violations of the verbal morality statute.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

And here comes The Asylum with a new contender to compete for the title of potentially worst Robocop movie released this year!

:shepface:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Michael Jai White, nooooo. You can't need a paycheck THAT badly, can you...? :ohdear:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That trailer does actually look better then the remake.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Is that a NERF gun?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Yes it is.

http://www.gadgetsarefun.com/geek/nerf-n-strike-longshot-cs-6/

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Thought so. One of my weirder customers used to carry one around on his back.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Hahaha, no loving way. I know these movies have tiny budgets, but that tiny?! :stare:

SinistralRifleman
Oct 9, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Hahaha, no loving way. I know these movies have tiny budgets, but that tiny?! :stare:

A lot of nerf guns look pretty rad when painted. Cheaper and way easier than vis modding real firearms. For sci if movies it makes sense.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

SinistralRifleman posted:

A lot of nerf guns look pretty rad when painted. Cheaper and way easier than vis modding real firearms. For sci if movies it makes sense.
Yeah, I guess so. I mean, I couldn't tell from looking at the poster.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Wow, I know it's been said a thousand times, but this bluray is really, really nice and clean.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

SinistralRifleman posted:

If they don't have a prop budget, toy guns are the next best thing. I was watching The New Barbarians 2019 and the laser guns they use are Edison Giocattoli gummi pistols. Those same guns were used a lot by FASA's art department, who used the Joe Devils/Bob Lawson gun for both Battletech and Shadowrun.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

And here comes The Asylum with a new contender to compete for the title of potentially worst Robocop movie released this year!

:shepface:

Nice to see Daft Punk branching out into movies again.

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style
Isn't that much more a rip off of that Karl Urban thingy?

I had to use a Nerf for a film once - probably that one - hate them.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

He can use this money for Black Dynamite 2. :unsmith:

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
Hey goons, I got a code for up to $7.50 off a ticket to see Robocop, but I'm not planning on seeing it. So - have at it!:

F9Y8 KW52 G7F8

Go to: http://www.activaterewards.com/robocop

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Red posted:

Hey goons, I got a code for up to $7.50 off a ticket to see Robocop, but I'm not planning on seeing it. So - have at it!:

F9Y8 KW52 G7F8

Used this, gonna go see me a Robot Cop.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

e: ^ Have fun! :hfive:

Red posted:

F9Y8 KW52 G7F8

Well I was gonna try and claim this since Amazon never sent me a coupon like they said they were going to, but it had already been entered. Thanks anyway!

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Yoshifan823 posted:

Used this, gonna go see me a Robot Cop.

:) Awesome!

(It pays to be a goon!)

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
First Asia market opening had a $5.5m weekend in three countries, number 1 in each. $5.5m without China is pretty good. Latin America is next, where it's probably going to do very well.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/02/int...0m/#more-675709

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Oh man, it was just pointed out to me that the shootout with the ED-209s that's featured in that teaser clip takes place in the Vancouver Convention Centre. That's awesome, I can't believe I didn't recognize it.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Joel Kinnaman talks about RoboCop's PG-13 rating:

quote:

“I had a couple of brief conversations with José about what he wanted to do with the film,” says Kinnaman. “I didn’t really know that The Dark Knight was PG-13 as well... I didn’t know what you could get away with with PG-13."

“After seeing what we got away with with PG-13, that battle became quite irrelevant. The original RoboCop was X-rated and then they had to cut it down so it became R-rated and Verhoeven claimed that actually made the movie more violent, because it’s what you don’t see that actually scares you.”

“The violence of the of the original RoboCop was so much aligned with Verhoeven’s cinematic tone and his comedic tone, and our film is carrying José’s tone. He’s a completely different filmmaker, so the violence that we have in our movie completely makes sense in terms of who José is.”
So this one's all about implied gore/brutality?

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

So this one's all about implied gore/brutality?

Like every other PG-13 film. They all make the same excuse, essentially.

Batham
Jun 19, 2010

Cluster bombing from B-52s is very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground.
They sure didn't leave much to the imagination in the original Robocop when they blew Murphy's hand off. :wiggle:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Batham posted:

They sure didn't leave much to the imagination in the original Robocop when they blew Murphy's hand off. :wiggle:

Which is in the director's cut.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Literally The Worst posted:

Which is in the director's cut.

No, I swear that's in the theatrical cut. The orbit around the animatronic headshot is in the director's cut.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Score is up on iTunes.

Here's the tracklist:

quote:

1 Mattox and Reporters
2 First Day
3 Title Card
4 Restaurant Shootout
5 Omnicorp
6 Calling Home
7 Made in China
8 Fixing RoboCop
9 Uploading Data
10 Reputation on the Line
11 Explosion
12 RoboCop Presentation
13 If I Had a Pulse
14 Going After Jerry
15 Vallon's Warehouse
16 Murphy's Case is Filed
17 They're Going to Kill Him
18 Rooftop
19 Mattox Is Down
20 Clara and David
21 Sellars Lies
22 Code Red
23 2.6 Billion
24 Iran Inspection
25 Battling Robots
Someone tell me if it's any good. Doubt it can hold a candle to Basil Poledouris', but maybe it's decent.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Thanks for the spoilers now I know there's a rooftop and an explosion in the movie.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Drunkboxer posted:

Thanks for the spoilers now I know there's a rooftop and an explosion in the movie.
If I hadn't posted that, you would have gone into the movie not knowing that it involved Battling Robots. I can't have that.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

I don't really have an opinion on the rest of the OST, but "Title Card" is an ok take on the '87 theme at least.

Batham
Jun 19, 2010

Cluster bombing from B-52s is very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground.

Crusader posted:

I don't really have an opinion on the rest of the OST, but "Title Card" is an ok take on the '87 theme at least.

It's like a horrible R&B version of it. It's poo poo.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Batham posted:

It's like a horrible R&B version of it. It's poo poo.

Yes, percussion is R&B.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

At 10 seconds in it has this lovely US-flavour dubstep beat. Thankfully it only lasts a further 10 seconds but by that point it's already ruined.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
And what about kids and their rap music these days?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

computer parts posted:

And what about kids and their trap music these days?

Fixed that for you there grandad. ;)

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?
The reviews are starting to come in the uk.

http://www.empireonline.com/reviews/reviewcomplete.asp?FID=137679

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

This movie is sounding better and better all the time!

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?
Probably best to check Rotten Tomatoes now, it opens here Friday so reviews are starting to show up.
So far 1 positive and one Negitive.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1200731-robocop/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Another unimpressed review from the UK:

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/02/05/robocop-review

• Locked thread