Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

CNHF may be what you want, the HF is for "Heroic Female."
"Goal: Basically we wanted CNHF to look like she could bash skulls, slay dragons, and swing a massive battle axe."

There's also Practical Female Armors that takes out boob windows and such but still gives female armors a womanly figure, but I think it didn't work with Immersive Armors. If you're not using IA you might check it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Ah, I see why I didn't see it, I was set not to see adult content on Nexus.

edit: now that I've changed that I'm worried what I'm going to find...

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

UNP is fairly balanced as far as replacement figures go (I haven't done much with CNHF) CBBE is the one were all the women turn into Russ Myers dream women. All the really weird stuff is more CBBE centered.

Renditious
Sep 25, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

Ah, I see why I didn't see it, I was set not to see adult content on Nexus.

edit: now that I've changed that I'm worried what I'm going to find...

Now that's not how you're supposed to do it, as the random surprise of train-wreck mods in between serious mods is an essential part of the Nexus experience!

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Hm, I don't think either of those are really what I'm looking for. I don't suppose anyone made a body mod that makes them actually look like someone who has lived in the poo poo all their life? I mean, there are countless face choices to that effect. These models all seem to focus on breast side as the defining feature of the model.

edit: the "beat up and left for dead" option in live another life is the only way to play.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Feb 2, 2014

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

There's also a SkyProc patcher that gives NPCs varied body types. The name escapes me at the moment.

On my own troubleshooting note, can anyone suggest a reason to me that MOs Archive Invalidation might decide not to work with a new profile?

I'm getting missing textures on all the cloaks from Cloaks of Skyrim (+CCOR) and I didn't have any problems with my previous profile where I used them. :(

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Does any one have a list of what all the other "lives" actually give you/set you up with and where they will drop you?

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Samurai Sanders posted:

Hm, I don't think either of those are really what I'm looking for. I don't suppose anyone made a body mod that makes them actually look like someone who has lived in the poo poo all their life? I mean, there are countless face choices to that effect. These models all seem to focus on breast side as the defining feature of the model.
I'm not sure quite what that would mean, as far as body type goes. Are you looking for like bodybuilder physique?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Strudel Man posted:

I'm not sure quite what that would mean, as far as body type goes. Are you looking for like bodybuilder physique?
No, definitely not that. Rather, a soldier's body.

edit: I'm gonna have to stop looking, these are just loving embarrassing. Perhaps I had too high expectations for TES modders.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Feb 2, 2014

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Samurai Sanders posted:

No, definitely not that. Rather, a soldier's body.

edit: I'm gonna have to stop looking, these are just loving embarrassing. Perhaps I had too high expectations for TES modders.
Maybe. I would say, I feel like CNHF does that pretty decently. If you're looking for something more visibly muscular than that, I'm not aware that it exists outside the more fetish-oriented treatment.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

omg chael crash posted:

Does any one have a list of what all the other "lives" actually give you/set you up with and where they will drop you?

The list is here under the spoiler: http://afkmods.iguanadons.net/index.php?/topic/3211-relz-alternate-start-live-another-life/

But it's not fully fleshed out. I know, for instance, that as a vigilant you start with an apprentice robe of restoration, steel gloves, boots and mace.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Strudel Man posted:

Maybe. I would say, I feel like CNHF does that pretty decently. If you're looking for something more visibly muscular than that, I'm not aware that it exists outside the more fetish-oriented treatment.
Yeah, it's the closest I have seen so far so I will stick with it. But muscle definition isn't what makes someone look like a soldier. It's hard to put my finger on what though, except I know it when I see it.

edit: oh, the game crashed just as Falkas transformed into a werewolf for the first time. Could that be the result of the body mod mod (though it doesn't affect males right?), or something else?

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Feb 2, 2014

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yeah, it's the closest I have seen so far so I will stick with it. But muscle definition isn't what makes someone look like a soldier. It's hard to put my finger on what though, except I know it when I see it.

You might want to look for some better face replacers, I like CNHF, but the face textures the made for it are definitely still more on the model side than the "ain't give a gently caress ima huge badass" side. You also might want to try the Female Idle Animation Swap which makes women and men in game use the same animations.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I'm not real clear on how body-replacers work in these games. Will armour and clothing still show correctly, or will I have to download all new equipment to go with it? Does this change all female characters, or just the player?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

YggiDee posted:

I'm not real clear on how body-replacers work in these games. Will armour and clothing still show correctly, or will I have to download all new equipment to go with it? Does this change all female characters, or just the player?

All those armor specific to body-replacers just fit the armor to the specific replacer. If you don't run that armor all that happens is you warp bodyshapes when you put on equipment. Also it changes all female characters because bethesda coding.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
...So until compatible modded armour comes out, a body replacer only works while I'm naked? Ehhh, I think I'll stick to the vanilla then.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

YggiDee posted:

Expanding on what Mortimer said a bit. If you download UNP, for example, (warning, nudity if you search it on nexus) it literally just changes the shape of the body, which you really only see if you're running around naked. To get armor that matches the new body shape there are other mods to accomplish that, a guy named exeter (who i remember from Fallout and maybe even Oblivion. Jeez) did all the vanilla and DLC armors, and even the Immersive Armor pack from the OP has a patch to make those fit.

There's a ton of worthless garbage armors around for the various body replacers, but if you just want a new body shape and armor to fit, that's pretty easy.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Both Demon's/Dark Souls and Dragon's Dogma implemented arbitrary body shapes (within limits) and all the armor worked fine, why couldn't Bethesda do it? They've been using this engine for quite a while now.

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Samurai Sanders posted:

Both Demon's/Dark Souls and Dragon's Dogma implemented arbitrary body shapes (within limits) and all the armor worked fine, why couldn't Bethesda do it? They've been using this engine for quite a while now.

They probably don't consider it to be a feature worth adding.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Oh wait, so does armor and clothes just replace the body model of the character, not sit on top of it like actual clothes?

Dux Supremus
Feb 2, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

Oh wait, so does armor and clothes just replace the body model of the character, not sit on top of it like actual clothes?
Exactly this for about 99% of outfits.

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

are there problems associated with adding mods midway through a game?

I was hoping to add INIGO, Enhanced Blood Textures.

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!

Dux Supremus posted:

Exactly this for about 99% of outfits.

A caveat to that is that I think any body texture replacers you have will be visible on any armor that doesn't fully cover your character, I don't know about meshes though.

Also Samurai Sanders, you should consider using the Female Idle Animation Swap mod, I use it with CNHF and I think it helps sell the "no nonsense warrior" look a lot better than just the CNHF replacers alone (also, don't forget to download the extra CNHF armors from here, here, and here; they're mostly for an older version of the replacer, but there aren't as many 2.5 armor/clothing replacers, and the skeletal differences are super minor).

EDIT: Woah wait, I thought I hadn't posted the thing about the animation swapper. Weird.

Ernie Muppari fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Feb 2, 2014

Dux Supremus
Feb 2, 2009
Yeah, whatever body texture you've got applies across whatever clothes or armor regardless of body shape they use as long as the outfit is pointing to the default body textures.

Samurai Sanders posted:

I'd expect a more wiry, sinewy build than straight body-builder. I don't think anything like that exists.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

ughhhh posted:

are there problems associated with adding mods midway through a game?

I was hoping to add INIGO, Enhanced Blood Textures.
It depends. Some mods actually ask that you activate them after a certain passage of time, and I've never really noticed any issue with adding a mod during the middle of a game. You do run into issues if you get rid of mods in the middle of a game.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy
Generally (hopefully?) the description will say 'requires a new game' or something if it does - though mods that mess with NPCs won't affect cells you've already entered until they 'reset' for example - the main problem is what Ted said: enabling a mod midway through a game is fraught with danger due the fact that once a script has been introduced to a save game, it's there forever unless you load a save from before you enabled it. Disabling the mod that includes the script will just break the game.

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Certain areas of the game keep becoming inaccessible, seemingly at random - Heljarchen Hall, Markarth Treasury House (preventing me from completing No Stone Unturned), random bits of the overworld around Riften. Entering these zones causes the game to freeze or occasionally CTD. Before I start taking out every mod on the list one by one, has anyone else had this sort of problem or know what kind of mod would be causing it?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Gato posted:

Certain areas of the game keep becoming inaccessible, seemingly at random - Heljarchen Hall, Markarth Treasury House (preventing me from completing No Stone Unturned), random bits of the overworld around Riften. Entering these zones causes the game to freeze or occasionally CTD. Before I start taking out every mod on the list one by one, has anyone else had this sort of problem or know what kind of mod would be causing it?

Often it means that something is spawned there that shouldn't be. Here's what I do:

1. Go someplace secluded (I use the cellar of Anises Cabin.
2. Open the console and type "set timescale to 1000000"
2. Wait a few moments until its at least 30 game days later (should be quick)
3 open the console and set timescale to whatever you had before (20 for vanilla)
4 type "pcb" in the console open the save menu and save.
5 quit to desktop.

When you reload, the problem is generally solved for me.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Gato posted:

My game tends to freeze (or very rarely CTD) when fast travelling, particularly to cities. Ive found it helps to for example fast travel to the stables outside that city first, as if travelling directly to the city is too many objets for the game to load but travelling to the stables lets it load some of them. Every single time i had had problems fast travelling to a city and instead travel to the stables first i can then fast travel to the city without a problem.

Praetorian Mage
Feb 16, 2008
The people looking for a more muscular female body might want to look at Sporty Sexy Map (don't let the name dissuade you). It has a bit more muscle definition than CNHF without veering into roided-up bodybuilder territory. It also has versions for all of the major body replacers. There are also Unique Bodies and Unique Character if you don't want to make the replacers universal.

King Dead
Apr 13, 2011

There's like a hundred Breezehome mods and half of them don't say if they're compatible with Hearthfire or not so.. does anyone know what would be my best bet for a simple mod that gives breezehome a decent-sized library and doesn't remove the alchemy station for a kid's room?

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Anybody have any experience with Grass on Steroids? As soon as I added it, my framerate went down to the low 20's when outside. I am using it in conjunction with the Skyrim Flora Overhaul. I also have a pretty beefy gaming rig (i7, GTX 770, 16GB RAM, SSD, etc.) so I feel like I shouldn't be hitting that wall yet.

I read the full instructions and tried fiddling with iMinGrassSize set to 75, 100, 128, and 200. Doesn't really seem to make any difference visually or performance-wise.

vvv Good to know, thanks!

Siets fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Feb 2, 2014

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Grass on steroids is best used for screenshot purposes. The sheer amount of grass that the mod adds is going to slow down even the beefiest of systems, if only by a bit.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Could anybody tell me why I get immediate CTDs whenever I try to enter Whiterun? Here's my mod list currently:

quote:

Skyrim.esm Active
Update.esm Active
Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Delev, Relev}}
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp Active
Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Delev, Relev, Stats}}
SPERG.esm Active
Further Dark Dungeons for ENB.esp Active
chesko_wearablelantern.esp Active
Immersive Brigands.esp Active
Immersive Factions.esp Active
Immersive Patrols.esp Active
Immersive Travelers.esp Active
Immersive Werewolves.esp Active
smeltdown_ingots_osr.esp Active
WetandCold.esp Active
vAutosaveManager.esp Active
skyui.esp Active
black mage armor.esp Active
medusa armor.esp Active
Neo's Witch.esp Active
raven witch armor.esp Active
lpbards.esp Active
rabbithole.esp Active
riversidelodge.esp Active
SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators.esp Active
dd - enhanced blood main.esp Active
uncle sheo.esp Active
climatesoftamriel.esp Active
apocalypse - the spell package.esp Active
masterthetimeandspacetoggle.esp Active
SmartCast_1_0.esp Active
sheogorath_shout.esp Active
archerydummyxp.esp Active
SPERG.esp Active
AlmostEveryoneIsAnAdventurer.esp Active
dovahbit.esp Active
Basvanbeu MuscleTextureChanger with Navetsea set.esp Active
DeadlyMutilation.esp Active
dd - realistic ragdoll force - realistic.esp Active
water.esp Active

I heard that Immersive Patrols can cause problems and frequent crashes. Could that maybe be it?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

King Dead posted:

There's like a hundred Breezehome mods and half of them don't say if they're compatible with Hearthfire or not so.. does anyone know what would be my best bet for a simple mod that gives breezehome a decent-sized library and doesn't remove the alchemy station for a kid's room?

Hearthfire doesn't affect vanilla housing which is why they don't need compatibility
edit: welp, uesp didn't mention that

mbt fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Feb 2, 2014

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Mortimer posted:

Hearthfire doesn't affect vanilla housing which is why they don't need compatibility

Hearthfire gives an option for every vanilla house to replace a room with a child's bedroom. In Breezehome it's the alchemy lab.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

King Vidiot posted:

Could anybody tell me why I get immediate CTDs whenever I try to enter Whiterun? Here's my mod list currently:
<snip>
I heard that Immersive Patrols can cause problems and frequent crashes. Could that maybe be it?
Immersive Patrols adds a lot of new actors, and - depending on your hardware and other mods - asking the game to load a lot of actors can result in it flipping your the bird. I don't think any of the Immersive Patrol plugins adds stuff in Whiterun, but you could disable those plugins and see if they're the problem.
If they're not, I'd try extending the same blunt axe troubleshooting method to your other plugins.

Mortimer posted:

Hearthfire adds a child's bedroom as an upgrade to all vanilla houses.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Well the start of the instabilities (including the occasional random CTD out in the wilderness) started with Immersive Patrols. Kind of sucks, it was a fun mod.

edit: Yeah, I got rid of IP and it cleared everything right up.

King Vidiot fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Feb 2, 2014

Burns
May 10, 2008

I will be trying out Morrowloot. Should I load it before or after Sperg?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

King Vidiot posted:

Well the start of the instabilities (including the occasional random CTD out in the wilderness) started with Immersive Patrols. Kind of sucks, it was a fun mod.

You could try the Populated (X) mod series, gets a similar result. and theyre low overhead.

• Locked thread