Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.

Hank Morgan posted:

You anti-dentite!

Oh, it starts with a few jokes and some slurs - "HEY, DENTY!" Next thing you know you're saying they should have their own schools!

e: this page is for the K-Man!

potee fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Feb 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

potee posted:

Oh, it starts with a few jokes and some slurs - "HEY, DENTY!" Next thing you know you're saying they should have their own schools!

They do have their own schools! :psyduck:

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

potee posted:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

potee posted:

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Pierce and Pierce
Jul 1, 2007
Murders and Executions

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
He took it out.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

"Are you still scared of clowns?"
"......yeah....."

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Someone important who helped make the PC game Loadout is clearly a Seinfeld fan:

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Kramer was such a fantastic physical comic character.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Drifter posted:

Kramer was such a fantastic physical comic character.

Seriously.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
I can't recall any modern character quite like him. It's like, that type of humor evolved into Kevin James' and others 'stupid fat guy falls down hurr hurr' characters.

Is there anyone else like Kramer?

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Light Along the Inverse Curve.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

He's dominating!

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
KRAMER: Enough lying! The lying is through! C'mon, Jerry, the masquerade is over. You're thin, late thirties, single...

JERRY: So are you.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH

DOUBLE EXCLAMATION POINTS!!

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Drifter posted:

I can't recall any modern character quite like him. It's like, that type of humor evolved into Kevin James' and others 'stupid fat guy falls down hurr hurr' characters.

Is there anyone else like Kramer?

Ty Burrell maybe? Not anywhere near the same level as Michael Richards obviously, but I couldn't really think of anybody else who can make me laugh just by the way he moves his body.

Capt. Sticl
Jul 24, 2002

In Zion I was meant to be
'Doze the homes
Block the sea
With this great ship at my command
I'll plunder all the Promised Land!

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Jerusalem posted:

Ty Burrell maybe? Not anywhere near the same level as Michael Richards obviously, but I couldn't really think of anybody else who can make me laugh just by the way he moves his body.

I've only seen the guy in Modern Family, but his style seems more emotively comedic than the physicality of Micheal Richards. They are both tall and lanky, I guess, but that's all I see when I compare them.

Also, Kramer is a VERY actively kinetic character, the modern family dad has one or two moments of doing silly things, but that feels like it's more situational (like him trying to swing on a trapeze or something) rather than actual character tics and traits.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

Drifter posted:

I've only seen the guy in Modern Family, but his style seems more emotively comedic than the physicality of Micheal Richards. They are both tall and lanky, I guess, but that's all I see when I compare them.

Also, Kramer is a VERY actively kinetic character, the modern family dad has one or two moments of doing silly things, but that feels like it's more situational (like him trying to swing on a trapeze or something) rather than actual character tics and traits.

If we are going the Ty Burrell route- then WIll Arnett in Arrest Development is better :colbert:

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

CaptainHollywood posted:

If we are going the Ty Burrell route- then WIll Arnett in Arrest Development is better :colbert:

Arnett's character is much better than Burrell's. Good call. But I guess that Richard's physical comedy is a modern interpretation to the old slapstick/I love Lucy stuff taken to the extreme. I've not seen such old school extremity recently.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Feb 2, 2014

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Isn't Chevy Chase known for his physical comedy? Although I don't know how "modern" he would be considered

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yeah, I can't believe I didn't think of Arnett before Burrell.

But you're right, neither of them are as actively kinetic as Richards, it's just that Burrell was the only one I could think of that I could see as even remotely making regular use of physical comedy. But then again, I don't really watch all that many sitcoms.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
^^^ - I like it when TV shows let me know when I should laugh. Thank goodness for laughtracks and conversation beats. :sigh:

myron cope posted:

Isn't Chevy Chase known for his physical comedy? Although I don't know how "modern" he would be considered

I think Chevy and Steve Martin and even Bill Murray in his heyday might be close together (Martin and Murray are better comedians than Chase :colbert:). But I wouldn't exactly call them slapstick. I'd say it's up there, though, yeah.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Feb 2, 2014

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

There's a lot of great physical comedy in UHF.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

wa27 posted:

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH

wa27 posted:

You get to drink from the FIRE HOSE!!!!! :neckbeard:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That Seinfeld thing was for a Superbowl ad. That's kind of disappointing.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
This is the Seinfeld thing?

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Anyone else catch that Seinfeld promo for Comedians in Cars during the Super bowl?

E: f, b.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!
New footage :neckbeard:

That went by way too quick :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

http://comediansincarsgettingcoffee.com/george-costanza-the-over-cheer

Newman! :neckbeard:

"Again?" Nice reference.

It was weird without the audience but man, I want new Seinfeld.

Stare-Out fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Feb 3, 2014