Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

PriorMarcus posted:

Where did BrooklynBruiser go?

Check your PMs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Yeah that was worse than the worst season of 24.

You should watch the sixth season again. And I only say this because you have to be reminded of how bad it was. Which was even more disappointing after the fifth season, which was the absolute best of the show.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Which season had the nuclear bomb going off? That was the best season.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Mu Zeta posted:

Which season had the nuclear bomb going off? That was the best season.

That was the sixth season, which was the worst one. And if that episode were the end of that season it would have been fine. But right after that is when the wheels started to fall off.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The sixth season had a Kal Penn cameo and a nuke going off in LA in the first few episodes, then it was mostly forgotten about for the rest of the season, which focused on James Cromwell as Jack's dad, the villain, right?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
This has been said time and time again, but the western US in the 24-verse should technically be a hellish nuclear wasteland after the San Gabriel reactors melted down in season 4.

Combine that with the fact that over a period of 15 years, the government has seen something like 8 different Presidents, yet the in-show universe treats this as something normal, rather than something that happens to random third world countries every 12-18 months.

Gonz fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Feb 3, 2014

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The sixth season had a Kal Penn cameo and a nuke going off in LA in the first few episodes, then it was mostly forgotten about for the rest of the season, which focused on James Cromwell as Jack's dad, the villain, right?

Yup. All the Bauer family poo poo and CTU Agent Ricky Schroeder killed that season dead.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Not to mention the 2-3 nuclear detonations in US soil. Those should be a big deal. Also Air Force One was shot down or taken out by The Mummy.

Really, 24's USA is about the only place Jack Bauer can exist so I'm ok with it.

If James Heller aka the Secretary of Offense was in it, it was a good season.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Deadpool posted:

CTU Agent Ricky Schroeder
Ohhh yeah, I remember now. He was such a little poo poo at every turn :mad:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Deadpool posted:

Yup. All the Bauer family poo poo and CTU Agent Ricky Schroeder killed that season dead.

Agent Ricky Schroeder getting the Neo treatment and having his eyes exploded was hilarious.

"AHHHHHHH I CAN'T SEE! I CAN'T SEE!"

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

If James Heller aka the Secretary of Offense was in it, it was a good season.

President Heller is a welcome addition to the new season, just so long as none of the storylines involve Veggie Audrey Raines. I just want to see President Heller uncovering moles within his administration and then having them renditioned post haste in some Area 51-style black site full of lasers and whatnot. James Heller don't take no poo poo.

News You Can use: Bill Devane was also the POTUS in The Dark Knight Rises.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Wait, if that was season six then which season was the one with the Haitian? Didn't he like invade the White House or something and then Jack Bauer flew a plane from its undercarriage or is it all just melting together into one :twentyfour: blob in my mind?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Sober posted:

Wait, if that was season six then which season was the one with the Haitian? Didn't he like invade the White House or something and then Jack Bauer flew a plane from its undercarriage or is it all just melting together into one :twentyfour: blob in my mind?

The one with the stuff in the White House was the seventh season. I really liked that one. But that one had a ton of characters I loved like Bill Buchanan, Karen Hayes, Allison Taylor, Tony Almeida, and had some great stuff with Chloe. Also managed to have a decent short storyline with Kim.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Sober posted:

Didn't he like invade the White House or something

That was season 7, and he wasn't Haitian. That was General Benjamin Juma, played by none other than Tony Todd, from the fictional African nation of Sangala. And not only did he take over the White House, but he and his nondescript African mercenary goonsquad PHYSICALLY DRILLED A GIANT HOLE UP INTO THE WHITE HOUSE SUB-BASEMENT THROUGH UNTOLD METERS OF LIMESTONE AND THEN HELD THE PRESIDENT HOSTAGE. It was one of the most preposterous moments from a series full of glorious preposterous moments.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Deadpool posted:

The one with the stuff in the White House was the seventh season. I really liked that one. But that one had a ton of characters I loved like Bill Buchanan, Karen Hayes, Allison Taylor, Tony Almeida, and had some great stuff with Chloe. Also managed to have a decent short storyline with Kim.
Was that the season where Kim had been estranged from Jack for a while but she was brought into CTU for some reason and she brought her psychiatrist boyfriend with her who was too old for her and CTU got attacked and they were all locked in the situation room together?

Gonz posted:

That was season 7, and he wasn't Haitian. That was General Benjamin Juma, played by none other than Tony Todd, from the fictional African nation of Sangala. And not only did he take over the White House, but he and his nondescript African mercenary goonsquad PHYSICALLY DRILLED A GIANT HOLE UP INTO THE WHITE HOUSE SUB-BASEMENT THROUGH UNTOLD METERS OF LIMESTONE AND THEN HELD THE PRESIDENT HOSTAGE. It was one of the most preposterous moments from a series full of glorious preposterous moments.
Man, I really have to rewatch that season.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Was that the season where Kim had been estranged from Jack for a while but she was brought into CTU for some reason and she brought her psychiatrist boyfriend with her who was too old for her and CTU got attacked and they were all locked in the situation room together?

No, that was the fifth season, aka the best season. Poor Edgar.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Deadpool posted:

I'd like to think that Edgar's death was an incredible coincidence, and that at that particular time, he died from a heart attack due to his obesity, rather than a nerve gas attack.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I really hope they pull a South Park and have the UK monarch entangled into the day's events.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Oh right, that was when CTU got nerve gassed. Edgar dying was so depressing :smith: And Jack somehow ran through a bunch of nerve gas and ventilated it without dying.

That was the season where Logan was President and was crooked as gently caress and Jack kidnapped him to get him to confess.

Also, "Is there anything else................CHARLES? :geno:"

That was my favorite season by far. I don't know why I didn't remember Kim's involvement being a part of that season though.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
I went along with it earlier, but I think I need a refresher anyway. The only super-awesome thing I remember Heller doing is driving his car into the ocean upon learning that some terrorists were trying to leverage his life in a standoff with Jack. Like, he heard what was going on, got Audrey on the phone, and said "I love you and if you blame yourself or Jack for this then you're a loving idiot." Then he drove off the road while screaming "gently caress ALL Y'ALL" (well he might as well have), and survived because St. Peter took one look at that and said, "Sorry, your balls can't fit through our gates. Go back to Earth while we sort that out."

So, okay, that was God damned awesome, but if he's got a title it's based off more than one incident. What else did he get involved in?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

DivisionPost posted:

I went along with it earlier, but I think I need a refresher anyway. The only super-awesome thing I remember Heller doing is driving his car into the ocean upon learning that some terrorists were trying to leverage his life in a standoff with Jack. Like, he heard what was going on, got Audrey on the phone, and said "I love you and if you blame yourself or Jack for this then you're a loving idiot." Then he drove off the road while screaming "gently caress ALL Y'ALL" (well he might as well have), and survived because St. Peter took one look at that and said, "Sorry, your balls can't fit through our gates. Go back to Earth while we sort that out."

So, okay, that was God damned awesome, but if he's got a title it's based off more than one incident. What else did he get involved in?

Secretary of Offense came from when he was kidnapped and Jack rescued him and he helped Jack kick rear end.

timeandtide
Nov 29, 2007

This space is reserved for future considerations.

DivisionPost posted:

He was captured by Middle Eastern terrorists and promptly escaped using John McClane tactics, though he was eventually recaptured when they threatened his daughter. Edit: ^^^ then he did the above escape with Jack, which was a massive firefight and involved the secretary using an assault rifle to blow up red barrels or crates or something like it's an FPS.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Gonz posted:

O/U on total number of failed perimeters this season: 6

Total number of moles: 4

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Total number of moles: 4

Oh, i'll definitely take the over on this one. I predict that no less than half of the credited cast members will be moles of some kind. Double/triple/quadruple agents, even.

We'll also probably get a British Tony, and rather than a Cubs mug, he'll drink out of a ManU or Arsenal mug or something.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Someone's gonna have to post that drinking game picture or bingo picture or whatever it was from years ago.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Deadpool posted:

Secretary of Offense came from when he was kidnapped and Jack rescued him and he helped Jack kick rear end.
Ahh, season 4 of :twentyfour:. That was when I first got into watching TV like a maniac. Ahh, the good ol' days. :allears:

Then after S4 ended I immediately barreled through S1-3 even though yes I knew what was coming, but didn't make go go :tviv: any less. (well, they still had some shockers I somehow didn't learn about until I saw them).

Manos del Sino
Apr 12, 2004

Original Pony
Soiled Meat
Sockets opened: 5

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Manos del Sino posted:

Sockets opened: 5

I think we're fine on sockets but we probably need to go over perimeter protocols just to make sure.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
How the f do you get over a page of discussion from absolutely the worst promo ever made

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog

Bown posted:

How the f do you get over a page of discussion from absolutely the worst promo ever made

Forget it, Bown; it's TV IV.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Bown posted:

Yeah wtf are people doing talking about a show instead of just declaring that it's poo poo and objectively bad and just moving on? I mean a bad/cheesy 30 second teaser is obviously an instant condemnation of an entire season, so no point getting excited about it.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
right?!

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine

Deadpool posted:

I can't wait for 24. It's about time Jack Bauer was back on TV.

JACK BAUER POWER HOUR hell yeah

timeandtide
Nov 29, 2007

This space is reserved for future considerations.
The Fox promos for 24 are always way over the top because they're meant to capture people's attention (and a very wide group of people's attention, since they're not AMC or anything - casual viewers and non-viewers) and show the location/main idea of the season. In this case, it's lots of random chaos in the streets of London (more war zone style instead of 24's more movie style "They armed a bomb and there's only [x] time before it goes off!) with Jack+Chloe trying to survive in the middle of it. Season 8, for instance, used this really inane thing where Jack is standing on taxi cab roofs (NEW YORK!!!) and running crouched in slo mo under blowing laundry lines on building roofs while that deep voiced Fox narrator talks.

Speaking of, I hope Deep Voiced Fox Narrator returns for episode promos.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.

Deadpool posted:

I always liked season 2 the best. Mason :smith:

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
I do love that season 2 of 24 started with decapitating a child molesters head, detonated a nuclear weapon on US soil, and ends with Jack dying and coming back to life....and it still isn't the craziest season of 24.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Boogaleeboo posted:

I do love that season 2 of 24 started with decapitating a child molesters head, detonated a nuclear weapon on US soil, and ends with Jack dying and coming back to life....and it still isn't the craziest season of 24.

24 is the only show where you have to specify which nuclear detonation you're talking about.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

I think the only part of 24 I can legitimately call good is the first 12 hours of season 1. And even there you had all that Kim stuff to deal with.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Season 2 was legit good but Season 3 is still my favorite. Chase, Nina, and Saunders were all awesome characters.

And Chapelle :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I'm interrupting this 24 news to ask if anyone else has been watching the Lucas Bros Moving Company? This show is low key funny. It's not outrageously laugh out loud but it's decently solid so far and maybe it's just the pothead in me, but I find it to be the only tolerable Fox ADHD show (sorry Spacedad! :().

These guys are 80s kids, smoke pot, have a moving company that they don't want to really work at, and are frenemies with Jake the Snake Roberts. It's a show that would be right at home on Adult Swim.

• Locked thread