Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zarfol
Aug 13, 2009

Lethanialist posted:

My understanding is Next is a 0% loan spread over either 20 or 26 months with an option to upgrade early. Next 12 spreads the cost of the phone over 20 months, but after 12 months you can give the phone back, have all remaining payments forgiven, and start a new 20-month installment plan. Next 18 has 26 payments and lets you upgrade after 18 months. Both Next plans also waive the $36 upgrade/activation charge so that's a plus. I'm not sure where sales tax comes in (if it's spread out or billed upfront) but you are essentially separating the phone payment from the wireless service.

If you're looking for a cheaper phone you can always try http://www.swappa.com and grab a mint condition AT&T or unlocked phone.

This was my plan as well, to just buy a used phone from Swappa instead of the whole AT&T Next crap. So right now, its $160 for my 10gb family plan (before taxes and my 23% work discount). Comparatively, TMO would be $100 for the four lines + $10 per line for a decent data plan. I was really considering switching to TMO since I used to be paying ~$230, but this is definitely a nice drop in price. Plus, I would think that AT&T has a better network as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beefstorm
Jul 20, 2010

"It's not the size of the tower. It's the motion of the airwaves."
Lipstick Apathy

CannedMacabre posted:

Yeah, it did a few weeks ago, now it says I am eligible for a FULL upgrade. Unless I am reading this wrong:

Last week (possibly the week before) it still had a date of August 2014 next to the top part where the "standard upgrade" part is.

I never guarantee anything until I look at your account from my system. However that looks like you are eligible.

Beefstorm fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Feb 2, 2014

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, the new plans are pretty awesome. My 4 line 15GB family plan dropped today from $200 a month to $125 a month (including employee discount). For regular customers, a lot of people I am helping are looking at going from $220ish to $180ish with the new plans.

For the record, how I break it down to people is that the plan is the same cost wise as a two year contact if everyone on the plan has next, but when specific lines are out of contract You save money.

adorai
Nov 2, 2002

10/27/04 Never forget
Grimey Drawer
So what is the catch on the mobile share family value plan? Both of my phones are under contract until March of 2015. It appears that I am eligible to upgrade from my 4GB + 2 smartphone plan ($70+40+40=$150) and to go a family value plan with 10gb for $130 ($100+15+15).

Am I missing something obvious?

Lethanialist
Sep 10, 2006

Mom said not to run down the escalator. I hate it when Mom's right.

adorai posted:

So what is the catch on the mobile share family value plan? Both of my phones are under contract until March of 2015. It appears that I am eligible to upgrade from my 4GB + 2 smartphone plan ($70+40+40=$150) and to go a family value plan with 10gb for $130 ($100+15+15).

Am I missing something obvious?

It seems AT&T reps aren't 100% sure on this yet but there's a chance you will be forced to use AT&T Next moving forward.

Beefstorm
Jul 20, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Lethanialist posted:

It seems AT&T reps aren't 100% sure on this yet but there's a chance you will be forced to use AT&T Next moving forward.

From what I have read on MyCSP, nothing indicates you will be FORCED onto NEXT. I am going to send some emails today to try and confirm it.

EDIT: Can another rep look at the CSP article again and make sure we are all interpreting it correctly? I just had a customer service rep tell me that customers who are in that two year contract before February 2nd are not eligible for that $15 pricing. I mean that's how I am reading it. But if that's wrong, I just made about 15 customers very unhappy yesterday.

EDIT 2: Alright, I'm going to post the exact text and you guys tell me if there is any other way to interpret it. I feel like the CSR was just an idiot.

quote:

And it Gets Even Better for Existing Customers
All existing customers are eligible to get these new rates. Customers who signed up prior to February 2, 2014 are eligible to get these new rates, regardless of their current plan they are on or if they are under a two-year service contract!

Even customers on a current two-year contract signed prior to February 2, 2014, can move to these new rates - immediately!

All they need to do is move to Mobile Share Value with 10gb data bucket or higher and they will get the new $15 smartphone or QMP/Basic pricing.

Beefstorm fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Feb 3, 2014

Vinlaen
Feb 19, 2008

If I move to the next Mobile Shared Value Plan, it says $130 for 2 lines.

Does my employer discount apply to any portion of it?

I'm thinking of finally switching off unlimited data for this plan...

Beefstorm
Jul 20, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Vinlaen posted:

Yes. It applies to the base portion. You can find your base portion in the OP.

Also I have had no time to clean the OP since we have been crazy busy. A combination of these plans and everyone being eligible for upgrade have slammed us.

Dradien
Jun 24, 2005
Ask me about shrimp.

Vinlaen posted:

This had text, but my connection hosed up and posted nothing. I'll fix it when I get home.

Dradien fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Feb 3, 2014

Vinlaen
Feb 19, 2008

Beefstorm posted:

Yes. It applies to the base portion. You can find your base portion in the OP.

Also I have had no time to clean the OP since we have been crazy busy. A combination of these plans and everyone being eligible for upgrade have slammed us.
Thanks.

It's finally cheaper for me to switch then...

$140/month for 2-lines right now. (one line has unlimited data + messaging though)

...and it will be $125 for 2-lines with the new plan. I'll lose unlimited data but gain 10 GB shared and I will also gain unlimited messaging for my 2nd line.

Hmmm...

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer
If anyone is unsure simply wait for te dust to settle on this since it's a huge change. You will get a lot of confusion right now.

That being said, even if you are on a two year contract, you would get the $15 monthly rate on that specific line. I switched yesterday, I'm waiting for my bill to generate (in about 5 days) to confirm that it does indeed do that. But we have gotten word down that it is accurate.

In terms of 2 year contract can or cannots, I haven't seen anything say cannot, but with the new plans 2 year contracts don't make sense price wise, so I would say you might as well assume your next purchase is via next.

So let's use an example: 2 line family plan on 700 mins, total is $160 a month. Both have 8 months left in contract.

The two lines can switch to the new 10GB plan, and they will see $100 for the plan, and $15 per line.

Both lines would be able to do Next at anytime, and a two year contract when the 8 months is up. Looking at an iPhone 5S, if the line does Next the line stays at $15 a month, $25 a month for the iPhone. If it does a 2 year contract and buys the phone for $199, the line is $40 a month.

Therefore 2 year contracts won't make sense. Keep in mind in this example the plan will be $130, if both lines were to get the an iPhone on next it will go to $180 ($130+$25+$25).

So what does this all mean? Basically, the plans are the same rate as a two year contract when on a next installment plan, and certainly cheaper when not on a next plan. Overall, still better plans, just bear in mind your price will fluctuate based on when you get a phone.

Edit: and to add, phone pricing now really does affect you directly. Since you are getting no contract pricing, you will pay $650 for an iPhone 5S, but a nexus 5 from google is only $400. So there will be more to factor in on that. Long term I think it'll affect apple in a negative way.

Edit 2: ATT official release to the verge confirms everyone gets $15 pricing:

http://mobile.theverge.com/2014/2/1/5368768/att-discounts-large-mobile-share-value-plans

Duckman2008 fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Feb 3, 2014

PurpleJesus
Feb 27, 2008

We all change. When you think about it, we're all different people all through our lives, and that's okay, that's good, you gotta keep moving.
My wife is currently on AT&T with a 300mb Mobile Share plan (and she rarely comes close to using that much) and is paying $60 a month (20 for the plan, 40 for the phone). Would she be able to switch her account to a Next account without getting a new phone so she could drop her bill to $45 (20 for the plan, 25 for the phone)? She still has 1 year left on her contract. She loves her phone and really has no desire to upgrade any time soon.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

PurpleJesus posted:

My wife is currently on AT&T with a 300mb Mobile Share plan (and she rarely comes close to using that much) and is paying $60 a month (20 for the plan, 40 for the phone). Would she be able to switch her account to a Next account without getting a new phone so she could drop her bill to $45 (20 for the plan, 25 for the phone)? She still has 1 year left on her contract. She loves her phone and really has no desire to upgrade any time soon.

There is no next account, it's just a matter of the new plan is less expensive when out of contract or on Next. So getting a phone on next or waiting until her line is out of contract are the two ways to reduce the plan.

If you want to get a smartphone on next and then sell it to pay it off, that would then put the line out of contract. That's the only other way.

For everyone: right now lines with a two year contract will see the no contract pricing on the 10GB mobile share plan, but so far not so in the other share value plans. Whether they start offering it for the other plans is unknown.

PurpleJesus
Feb 27, 2008

We all change. When you think about it, we're all different people all through our lives, and that's okay, that's good, you gotta keep moving.
Thank you! I misunderstood and thought it was rolling out to all plans.

Vin BioEthanol
Jan 18, 2002

by Ralp
Is at&t actively throttling unknown encrypted traffic? I have mobileshare plan. S3 LTE with cyanogenmod.

I run ssh server on an odd port at home and when away from home I transfer files via ssh/sftp (I tunnel rdp and other things too)

Where I should be getting about 250KB/s down to the phone, I'm usually only getting 50-80KB/s either on my phone or a laptop tethered to it. Anything else not going through my ssh is super fast.

edit: I don't usually upload to home from phone but just tried that and getting just between 50-80 there too.

Vin BioEthanol fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Feb 4, 2014

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Vin BioEthanol posted:

Is at&t actively throttling unknown encrypted traffic? I have mobileshare plan.

I run ssh server on an odd port at home and when away from home I transfer files via ssh/sftp (I tunnel rdp and other things too)

Where I should be getting about 250KB/s I'm usually only getting 50-80KB/s either on my phone or a laptop tethered to it.

You should call their technical support and ask if that is allowed under the wireless customer agreement.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Does anybody have any advice for me trying to get my old iPhone 4 unlocked so I can take it to T-Mobile?

Customer service is pretty loving useless, and I've resorted finally to just talking to somebody on their twitter. Customer services just says 'Fill out the form online" and it rejects me every single time. I finally got through to somebody at customer services that fixed it for me, but then I followed up on it today and was told they rejected the unlock request because they didn't receive my fax (the hell? fax?). I later found out that it's because they wanted me to fax my receipt from when I purchased the phone in June 2010 to prove that I bough it. Uh huh, I'll get right on digging that out from god knows where when you have proof of me buying it and activating it on my account.

It's just been a nightmare overall. This is why I will never deal with AT&T ever again.

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Astro7x posted:

Does anybody have any advice for me trying to get my old iPhone 4 unlocked so I can take it to T-Mobile?

Customer service is pretty loving useless, and I've resorted finally to just talking to somebody on their twitter. Customer services just says 'Fill out the form online" and it rejects me every single time. I finally got through to somebody at customer services that fixed it for me, but then I followed up on it today and was told they rejected the unlock request because they didn't receive my fax (the hell? fax?). I later found out that it's because they wanted me to fax my receipt from when I purchased the phone in June 2010 to prove that I bough it. Uh huh, I'll get right on digging that out from god knows where when you have proof of me buying it and activating it on my account.

It's just been a nightmare overall. This is why I will never deal with AT&T ever again.

Just buy an unlock on ebay. Or do a google search.

OldPueblo
May 2, 2007

Likes to argue. Wins arguments with ignorant people. Not usually against educated people, just ignorant posters. Bing it.

Astro7x posted:

You may have already burned this option depending on what you've told them, but sometimes you can say you're going to be traveling overseas and want to be able to buy local SIMs instead of using your plan. I've had that work twice but my account is also a business account so that could be why they're lenient.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

obeyasia posted:

Just buy an unlock on ebay. Or do a google search.

The point of using an existing phone is to not have to pay anything to bring it to T-Mobile, which I should be able to do.

OldPueblo posted:

You may have already burned this option depending on what you've told them, but sometimes you can say you're going to be traveling overseas and want to be able to buy local SIMs instead of using your plan. I've had that work twice but my account is also a business account so that could be why they're lenient.

I have not been a customer for two years, so I can't exactly use that reason. Not being a customer is probably why they are so unwilling to help.

Beefstorm
Jul 20, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Astro7x posted:

The point of using an existing phone is to not have to pay anything to bring it to T-Mobile, which I should be able to do.

I have not been a customer for two years, so I can't exactly use that reason. Not being a customer is probably why they are so unwilling to help.

I'm going to PM you.

EDIT: Just kidding. Can't. If you give me your email I may have a solution.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Astro7x posted:

Yeah, not being a customer plus if the phone was not out of contract when it left ATT will put a decent hamper on your efforts. For better or worse the official policy is "account in good standing." I may have the same idea Beefstorm has, which is put that iPhone on a friend's line, have the friend unlock it, then you are good to go. Honestly, only solution i can think of. Or buy a code off ebay (which isn't that bad to do).

I don't think any of the carriers would unlock the phone if you were not an active customer.

Astro7x posted:

Obviously we do not know the background of this phone, but ATT is not obligated to unlock if it is not an active account, and personally with all the fraud/theft with phones right now I wouldn't even blame them.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
Crossposting from the verizon thread : Question on porting a number, wasn't sure the best thread for it. Asking for a friend.

Currently on a family plan under parents. They got an iPhone ~6mo ago. Recently hired, and now they can get on the office plan. The plan is to give the mom the iPhone, but they would like to port the phone number to the work plan. 

Is there a way to port the old number from AT&T to the Business Verizon account w/o paying $250 ETF? I feel like there was some gvoice juggling that could be done but can't find anything specific to an existing family plan.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

deong posted:

Crossposting from the verizon thread : Question on porting a number, wasn't sure the best thread for it. Asking for a friend.

Currently on a family plan under parents. They got an iPhone ~6mo ago. Recently hired, and now they can get on the office plan. The plan is to give the mom the iPhone, but they would like to port the phone number to the work plan. 

Is there a way to port the old number from AT&T to the Business Verizon account w/o paying $250 ETF? I feel like there was some gvoice juggling that could be done but can't find anything specific to an existing family plan.

Any port will auto cancel the line (and create the ETF). You can call customer care and see if they will reactivite the line with a new number, I am not sure if they can or will do that, so I would just call and ask before doing anything.

You can port the number either to VZ or google voice, that itself isn't a problem. Personally, keep in mind if you port to a business they own the number , so you might want to switch it to google voice.

smilingfish
Sep 18, 2012

fuck you i am smart
I posted this a few weeks ago :

smilingfish posted:

This is kind of a long question, or at least it takes a lot of explaining.

I'm looking at a Mobile Share Plan to see if I can save some money. My wife and I have a plan as such:

$59.99 for 700 minute family plan
    $9.99 for another line
    $30.00 for my wife's 3GB data (Galaxy S3)
    $30.00 for my grandfathered unlimited data (Nexus 5)
    $30.00 for unlimited texting
    $6.99 for mobile insurance on my wife's line
    $2.99 for roadside assistance on my wife's line
    $30.00 for 3GB data plan for my tablet (Nexus 7)
    $30.00 for 3GB data plan for my wife's tablet (Nexus 7)
    -----------
    $229.96 before taxes and regulatory fees
Here's what it looks like as a Mobile Share plan:
    $130.00 for 15GB Mobile share plan
    $40.00 for my wife's phone line (still under contract)
    $25.00 for my phone (off-contract)
    $10.00 for my tablet
    $10.00 for my wife's tablet
    $6.99 for mobile insurance
    $2.99 for roadside assistance
    -----------
    $224.98 before taxes and regulatory fees.

Is my math right? It doesn't look like Mobile Share has much to offer me, especially since I have the grandfathered unlimited plan, which I am reluctant to give up.

With the new pricing, it's $15 for both lines, which gives me a a total of $190.(130+15+15+10+10+7+3)

This is starting to look like a good idea.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Beefstorm posted:

I'm going to PM you.

EDIT: Just kidding. Can't. If you give me your email I may have a solution.

It's my username at Gmail dot com, but if it's the idea of putting it on a friends line to unlock it's not worth the trouble to be honest. Plus, I don't know anyone with AT&T.

Duckman2008 posted:

Yeah, not being a customer plus if the phone was not out of contract when it left ATT will put a decent hamper on your efforts. For better or worse the official policy is "account in good standing." I may have the same idea Beefstorm has, which is put that iPhone on a friend's line, have the friend unlock it, then you are good to go. Honestly, only solution i can think of. Or buy a code off ebay (which isn't that bad to do).

I don't think any of the carriers would unlock the phone if you were not an active customer.

Obviously we do not know the background of this phone, but ATT is not obligated to unlock if it is not an active account, and personally with all the fraud/theft with phones right now I wouldn't even blame them.

Well it's weird because online it has options for previous customers and current customers, so it must be possible. Customer services claims it's possible now if I send in proof of purchase from over two years ago which I don't have.

The account is in good standing, everything should be paid off. I pretty much left AT&T when the iPhone 4 came out on Verizon, paid my ETF and everything so the account is in good standing. At the time you couldn't even unlock your phone, as I left in February 2012, and then in April they started unlocking on contract phones in good standing. So that would be really lovely if I am out of luck because of that.

Basically I switched to Verizon, but my brother wants a smartphone with T-Mobile. I have this perfectly good iPhone 4 just sitting here that he can use on the network, and it would save him $600 from buying a new phone. The idea of it working and being completely free is the enticing part, if we had to pay money to unlock this phone he might as well buy a used iPhone 4s which I've seen around $200 and at least then be getting the 4G speeds on T-Mobile. Right now it's about what is cheap and practical without paying money for a phone for him.

The iPhone 4 is pretty unpopular, especially locked, so there is very little resale value in it. I'd be lucky if I could get $75, and in that case I might as well use it like an iPod.

Astro7x fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Feb 5, 2014

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!
Unlock codes are like $15, just do that

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

SeaborneClink posted:

Unlock codes are like $15, just do that

do you have more info on a legit site that can do this?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Astro7x posted:

do you have more info on a legit site that can do this?

Well, they aren't legit so there is not necessarily a legit sale (ATT doesn't allow it) . Best bet is to search eBay and find a seller who has a good record.

adorai
Nov 2, 2002

10/27/04 Never forget
Grimey Drawer
If I activate an iPad on my mobile share plan, it will cost me $36 + $10/mo, and I get a $100 credit, is that correct? How soon can I cancel the tablet from the plan and still keep the $100?

Jan 1, 2006

Pornhub. XTube. I know these names, better than I know my own grandmothers.
Probably like 4 billing cycles.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

adorai posted:

If I activate an iPad on my mobile share plan, it will cost me $36 + $10/mo, and I get a $100 credit, is that correct? How soon can I cancel the tablet from the plan and still keep the $100?

You actually will get two $100 credits. The traditional promo is $100 to add any iPad you already own with a two year contract. You can combine that with the general $100 new line activation credit as well. The $36 activation fee does apply. Both can take up to 3 billing cycles.

So I would recommend just doing it and getting about 2 years free of service with it.

Lethanialist
Sep 10, 2006

Mom said not to run down the escalator. I hate it when Mom's right.

adorai posted:

From https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/100-dollar-credit.html#fbid=O_85Bizo2eS

AT&T Site posted:

You must remain active and in good standing for 45 days; your credit will be applied within 3 bill cycles

adorai
Nov 2, 2002

10/27/04 Never forget
Grimey Drawer

Duckman2008 posted:

You actually will get two $100 credits. The traditional promo is $100 to add any iPad you already own with a two year contract. You can combine that with the general $100 new line activation credit as well. The $36 activation fee does apply. Both can take up to 3 billing cycles.

So I would recommend just doing it and getting about 2 years free of service with it.
Well I don't really want to do a 2 year on it, in fact, I'm not sure I even need mobile data. But if I could activate for $36, pay $30 for 3 months and then cancel, I would be $30 or so ahead.

Thanks. I need to learn to read.

emocrat
Feb 28, 2007
Sidewalk Technology
Ok, looking at switching to a mobile share plan, I will post my situation and a couple questions, thanks in advance for the ATT people here helping out, much appreciated.

I am a current ATT customer, family share plan 3 lines. 2 of them are smartphones one is a feature phone. All are at various stages of 2 year contracts ranging from 7 months left through 18 months left.

Looking at moving to a mobile share plan with 10GB, so a total cost of 145/month before taxes and my discount.

As I understand it I will get the $15 per phone charge despite my contract status and I will also be out of contract, correct?

Will I be automatically places in Next? or is that just an option I can use later if I feel want to? I Don't quite understand Next or how it works with this, seeing as we already have phones. If I want to upgrade a phone on Next am I required to trade in my current phone? Or can I just buy a new one essentially financed with Next?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

emocrat posted:

Ok, looking at switching to a mobile share plan, I will post my situation and a couple questions, thanks in advance for the ATT people here helping out, much appreciated.

I am a current ATT customer, family share plan 3 lines. 2 of them are smartphones one is a feature phone. All are at various stages of 2 year contracts ranging from 7 months left through 18 months left.

Looking at moving to a mobile share plan with 10GB, so a total cost of 145/month before taxes and my discount.

As I understand it I will get the $15 per phone charge despite my contract status and I will also be out of contract, correct?

Will I be automatically places in Next? or is that just an option I can use later if I feel want to? I Don't quite understand Next or how it works with this, seeing as we already have phones. If I want to upgrade a phone on Next am I required to trade in my current phone? Or can I just buy a new one essentially financed with Next?

Most important answer: you can switch to the new plan and get the $15 monthly pricing per smartphone line (feature phones are still $20) even though you are in contract, and no you don't have to get a phone on next to do it. I'm getting different opinions on whether you get the $15 plan immediately or if it takes a bill cycle, so I would ask the person who switches it to you and have them notate the account on what they say. But yes, long term you are good.

Next is literally an installment plan on the full cost of the phone. So an iPhone 5S that retails for $650 is $25 a month over 26 months (called Next 18 because you can trade in at 18 months for a new phone). Basically, the reason to get Next is you get your line at $15 a month, if you get the iPhone discounted at $199 with a 2 year contract, it's $40 a month. Therefore, even though you pay outright for the phone, Next tends to be the better option because instead of discounted phone, you get a discounted plan.

You don't have to trade your phone in when you get a phone with Next, the only trade in "required" is if you want to trade in the phone at 18 months for a new one. However, with that iPhone example above at 18 months you would have made 18 $25 payments, this reducing the remaining cost of the phone from $650 down to $200. In 18 months that iPhone 5S probably will still sell online for $300-400, so probably the better option would be pay off balance, sell phone and get new phone with next (if you want a new phone).

It's worth noting if you are an android person it will more and more make sense just to buy a Nexus 5 outright at $350-400 and just keep the cheaper plan. What sucks is people will be paying more to have an iPhone in a lot of cases, I know when I am next eligible I will be torn between paying $650 for an iPhone whatever or $400 for whatever Nexus phone.

emocrat
Feb 28, 2007
Sidewalk Technology
Awesome, thanks for the detailed reply, the Next explanation is very helpful. Looks like I should go ahead and do it.

emocrat
Feb 28, 2007
Sidewalk Technology
One more question, I went online to do this switch and all the costs seem correct. However, I saw something that I needed to double check.

It seems that despite moving to the Mobile Share plan I am still on contract, is that correct? If so, is this resetting me to a new 2 years? or is it simply carrying over the remaining time left on my current contracts? If so then I guess all it would mean is that I would pay an ETF for cancelling before those dates come up, same as now. But I want to make sure that is the case and not that I am locking myself back into the start of a new 24 months.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

emocrat posted:

One more question, I went online to do this switch and all the costs seem correct. However, I saw something that I needed to double check.

It seems that despite moving to the Mobile Share plan I am still on contract, is that correct? If so, is this resetting me to a new 2 years? or is it simply carrying over the remaining time left on my current contracts? If so then I guess all it would mean is that I would pay an ETF for cancelling before those dates come up, same as now. But I want to make sure that is the case and not that I am locking myself back into the start of a new 24 months.

You are not renewing your contract.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beefstorm
Jul 20, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Astro7x posted:

It's my username at Gmail dot com, but if it's the idea of putting it on a friends line to unlock it's not worth the trouble to be honest. Plus, I don't know anyone with AT&T..

I emailed you. Call me.