Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

curiousTerminal posted:

Sweet, you got into the future, you know that it's time for you to make the robot fraternity from Futurama, right?
Into the Future is my favorite expansion so far, it has Star Trek doors. That's not the only thing I love about it but Star Trek doors!

I would love to make Robot House but unfortunately you can't create plumbots in CAS :( if you could, I would move a shitload of them into one of the frat houses because holy poo poo they are so loving cute.

We will be having future shenanigans at some point though, not to worry!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
I still would love to know if it's possible to get your descendants out of the lovely house away from the loving cool futureland. My sim won the lottery 4 times and has over a million and a half dollars, and they they still live with the default lovely furniture and crappy wooden siding.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Judging by this guide here your family should've been pretty well off and in one of the fancy houses. Maybe your sims' traits are getting in the way?

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
I don't see how, he's got Lucky so in addition to his 1.5 mil he has another 2.25million, so it reads as motherlode. I guess it's something to do with the fact that it's only him and a plumbot right now.

100Dachshunds
Oct 11, 2009

GOCHARMSPRINGS
Yay, you're back! You should definitely try key lime pie, it's the best. :3

LifeofaGuardian
Oct 26, 2013

Every part of every human being-even their ugly sides-is beautiful. There is no limit to beauty.

Angela Christine posted:

Aww, just painful? No more dumbass vampires sitting in an outdoor hot tub until they die?

As far as I know, they won't die from the sun itself but rather because their thirst drops so fast that when the ai realises "hey maybe I should go drink" it's already too late and they die.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Does University interact with any of the expansions? Can you take a crash course in advanced futuronomy or something?

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Don't be silly, that would require EA to actually put effort into these games beyond figuring out which expansion from The Sims 2 to recycle!

Seriously though, not really. Sims 3 expansions don't really interact with one another, except for Supernatural which allows you pick the supernatural state associated with certain expansions at character creation. That's basically it.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Update 9 - Exam Day

Its just past midnight and our goony lot are still partying in the garden, getting stinky and warm by the bonfire.

MarquiseMindfang and this random dude however. are arguing about gremlins and pants. I don't think I want to know.

Snuggles' sleep is interrupted by a radio in his room, so he throws a tantrum and gets this moodlet, then goes back to bed.

By the time everyone is in bed and the party has ended, its around 5am. Thesaya did not have fun, and Eevee gets a negative moodlet for throwing a lame party. Our goons are various combinations of stinky, hungry and sleepy and there's three hours until they have to get up so they can make it to final exams on time. This is gonna go well.

Its 6am and everyone but Jimmy has an exam in a couple of hours. Clearly the dean of this school is satan, forcing students to take an exam at 8am. There's a whole new drop down menu for exams, with some different options. You can coast on by, cheat, text people, or beg the professor for a better grade. Our goons will be putting in a normal effort though, they're all so sleepy that I'd be surprised if they were capable of holding a pen.

While the exams are going on, we get this notice! Remember when I said the social groups are like celebrities in some ways? This is one of them. If you don't work to keep up your influence in the various social groups, you'll lose it. Snuggles is no longer considered a part of the Jock social group but he wasn't that high level anyway.

First exam is over and here's the results! Dachshunds and Roar passed but Snuggles, apples and Eevee did not. Perhaps the party wasn't the best idea.

These moodlets happen for the ones who passed and the ones who failed, respectively. Failing an exam doesn't mean that you'll fail the term, you can still get by if you had a high academic performance but failing the exam does give you a bit of a penalty. Still, they might get by!

apples laments her poor performance outside the science building and Roar stares down Muscle Wizard.

Dachshunds just looks sad. Why so sad, you passed!

Jimmy is still asleep, and apples decides to nap on a bench since she has two hours until her next exam.

Jimmy heads off to his first exam while Roar, Snuggles, Dachshunds and Eevee head to their second. How did they do?

Ah. This is not looking good.

The students gather outside the exam building and ponder the futility of academics.

...are you okay, Roar?

apples has managed to wake up and heads home for a quick snack. Not shown: apples retrieving some mac and cheese from the fridge then immediately dropping it to head to her exam.

Snuggles is not happy, but speaking of him, when he signed up for this LP, he requested the Loves to Swim trait which unfortunately I couldn't give him due to not having Island Paradise so I gave him Loves the Outdoors instead. Well, now I have the trait available! So here you go, Snuggles!

Snuggles and Eevee also each get this want. Good luck, buddy!

Dachshunds and Snuggles decide to sleep on a bench outside of the art building, being far too tired to even make it home to sleep on a nice comfy couch or something. Eevee gets sick. By the end of this update, all of our goons besides apples were sick. Its not been a good day for them.

Roar eats apples' abandoned mac and cheese and Dachshunds wakes up, looking grumpier than usual. Snuggles decides to be nice and cooks up a salad for everyone. Aww :3:

apples is just nothaving a good day, and once again cries outside of the exam building :smith:

Dachunds braves the dining room which is slowly being taken over by sentient salad and eats alone, surrounded by filth.

After this, our goons spent several hours showering (which they hadn't gotten a chance to do after the party so they all stank) and went to bed. By 8pm, our housemates look like this.

...To be fair, they kinda needed it.

So our goons have physically and mentally survived their first term! Academically? Well, we'll see. They'll all get their report cards tomorrow but based on the goings on of today, how do you think its looking for our little team of fuckups?

Faerie Fortune fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Feb 13, 2014

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

I think they can salvage it in their second semester. From personal experience I tanked two finals but still salvaged my academic year in the next semester so there is always hope :)

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
You go, Roar! No surprise that he aced the exams, he is a wizard.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
I blame my not having fun on either there being too little booze or on girls not responding to my exuberant flirting. Actually, I am looking forward to see a meSim who isn't made a homosexual by me from the start, in most games with a choice I go with bisexual but I never had a simMe being anything but very very gay.

As for grades, I am impressed they didn't all fail everything going in with all those negative moodlets. Maybe one or more will even pass!

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
I'm surprised that we all didn't completely bomb the exams to be honest. Maybe there is hope after all for one of them to pass.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Aces High posted:

I think they can salvage it in their second semester. From personal experience I tanked two finals but still salvaged my academic year in the next semester so there is always hope :)

And in the game.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Seems like a perfectly appropriate finals day.

sixteenjulietgreen
Sep 26, 2012

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity." - George Carlin.
I admire you for keeping up with just letting our goonsims do their own thing and not intervening. The micro manager in me was cringing through this whole update. Hopefully a few of 'em survive to next semester!

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

:smithicide:

Happy Valentine's Day from Australia, Faerie.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

sixteenjulietgreen posted:

I admire you for keeping up with just letting our goonsims do their own thing and not intervening. The micro manager in me was cringing through this whole update. Hopefully a few of 'em survive to next semester!

I was itching to help out the entire time, you have no idea. I was good though and only intervened at the beginning of the update to make sure these fuckups actually slept.

Yapping Eevee posted:

Happy Valentine's Day from Australia, Faerie.

and to you too! :3:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Faerie Fortune posted:

Eevee gets sick. By the end of this update, all of our goons besides apples were sick. Its not been a good day for them.

An Apples a day keeps the doctor away. :v:

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
Totally not true to life. Passing exams is for NERDS

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Just to let you all know, there will probably be a gap in updates for a little bit; a family member I was close to died suddenly this morning and I don't know if I'll feel up to anything for a while.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Sorry for your loss Faerie :( Take your time, we'll all still be here when you get back.

LifeofaGuardian
Oct 26, 2013

Every part of every human being-even their ugly sides-is beautiful. There is no limit to beauty.
Sorry for your loss indeed :(

Anyways, I think they'll make it well enough. Some of them will have to put a bit more effort in their studies, but considering they are sims left alone, they probably won't. Staring out of windows beats studying for exams anyday (this is also true in real life).

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
Don't worry about it, we're used to long waits between updates. Just take care of what you need to.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Okay, the initial shock has worn off and I'm ready to play games for the internet again. Thanks to everyone for their posts and PMs, I appreciate you guys thinking of me!

A correction first though. Because I set our goons to do two terms they won't be getting their grades yet. The good news is that this means even the guys who failed every exam still have a chance!

But thats for later. Its the weekend and therefore a two day break for the goonhouse! There are all kinds of things for them to do on campus so what should we do? Unfortunately I can't take them to the future or on vacation but we have lots of options on campus.

We haven't yet been to the gym, comic shop, pool, park or library, or we could return to the student union, bar, arcade or bowling alley. Or we could chill out at home!

I'll be making the update tomorrow so you have until then to think of something fun for the goonhouse to do over the weekend. You can choose one activity for each student or one for the whole group. Most popular choices win! I'll be playing through Saturday tomorrow so you have until then to choose, then voting will open for Sunday!

Place your votes, everyone!

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

Just burn everything, that'll solve your problems.
Goon Pool Party!

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

POOL!

Fizzicist
Nov 14, 2009

Play pool IN the pool :colbert:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Faerie Fortune posted:

These moodlets happen for the ones who passed and the ones who failed, respectively.

Sorry to nitpick, but I think you may have gotten something backwards here.

sixteenjulietgreen
Sep 26, 2012

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity." - George Carlin.
Send those nerds to the comic book store.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Nobody wants to see damp, half-naked goons. Go to the comic book store.

Silegna
Aug 20, 2013

Hey, heads up. I'm about to unleash my rage.

Oh my god, it's Meme!

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
Comic Book Store. Need to catch up on my mangas

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Pool party sounds nice, let's see if any sims manage to drown :commissar:

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Well, the votes were equal so we're going to do both! An afternoon spent at the comic shop, and an evening at the pool!

Update comin' soon!

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Faerie Fortune posted:

Well, the votes were equal so we're going to do both! An afternoon spent at the comic shop, and an evening at the pool!

Update comin' soon!

I have no problem with that at all, but I thought it was 4 votes for pool (RefinedUndefined, eating only apples, Fizzicist and me) vs 3 votes for comic book store (sixteenjulietgreen, Angela Christine and Roar)?

This is probably for the best (more stuff to do!), I was just wondering.

100Dachshunds
Oct 11, 2009

GOCHARMSPRINGS
Yay comics! I deserve one for passing all my tests

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I do look forward to final report cards for this lot.

LifeofaGuardian
Oct 26, 2013

Well, due to this thread and rereading EoA's let's play, I redownloaded the sims 3 again.
Now to hope it doesn't melt my pc once more. :ohdear:

Also, this sounds like it'll be an excellent day for a lot of drama to happen, looking forward to the next update :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Ah yes, speaking of the next update, here's the deal with that.

After my uncle died and the funeral happened I was pretty depressed and spent three days pretty much doing nothing but playing Sims. It kinda burned me out a little bit but also made me realise that my pitiful 4gb of RAM just will not cut it to run this game any more, not with the amount of expansions, custom content and mods that I have. Anyone who owns the game knows that it runs like poo poo even on the most high end of computers, and my computer is far from high end.

So at the beginning of this week I finally got tired enough of it (and a little spare cash due to selling my crochet at a local craft fair!) to order an upgrade. I'm upgrading from 4 to 16gb as a birthday present to myself and it should arrive within the next week or so. This DOES mean that you'll be waiting a little longer for an update but it also means that updates after will be a lot more frequent due to the game not taking 10 minutes to go from me pressing "The Sims 3" on my Steam list to the game actually loading. It'll be more like five. Maybe.

I really am sorry for the lack of communication on that point but I've done it now and hopefully it'll work out for the best!

• Locked thread