Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I'll bet it's for muddin'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H1KE
May 7, 2007

Somehow, I don't think they'd approve the franchise...

Devyl posted:

Forgot I had this on my phone. Taken somewhere around Louisiana/Mississippi a few weeks ago.

There's a company that does Sydney / Newcastle runs for weddings and the like, that has three or four of these in white, pink and black, as well as silver and white 300C limos. I served the owner when I worked as a console jockey at a truckstop, after he'd just picked up the pink one. The loving thing ate around 200L of fuel. At $1.65/L. It was retina searing bright pink and the interior was like a coked out nightmare of neon and shag. People actually hire these monstrosities for weddings. :psyduck:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

8ender posted:

I'm trying to make sense of that and now I've got a headache. What is that vertical bar in the middle behind the rear diff doing? WHY IS ANYTHING LIKE IT IS HERE?? :smith:

That is the front diff and it still has no business being there. I don't even know, man.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

kastein posted:

hey man, that's not cool, we have teeth and don't beat each other up. :haw:

Just checked Pirate4x4 and holy gently caress, here's one for this thread.

Check out the lift block on the left side of this picture. It looks like it's about to catastrophically fail.

kastein posted:

That is the front diff and it still has no business being there. I don't even know, man.

My guess is that the chunk of square tubing protecting the steering gear isn't attached to the front axle, it's attached to the body by a yard of rusty metal, such that it'll fall off the second it hits a medium-sized rock.

Safety Dance fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Feb 3, 2014

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Safety Dance posted:

Check out the lift block on the left side of this picture. It looks like it's about to catastrophically fail.

My guess is that the chunk of square tubing protecting the steering gear isn't attached to the front axle, it's attached to the body by a yard of rusty metal, such that it'll fall off the second it hits a medium-sized rock.

The leaf spring and ubolts aren't even close to aligned right on that side, I think he pushed it out of the shop and had someone tap the brakes and it flew apart already.

As for the tubing, you may be right, but it won't even take a medium sized rock. It will likely break off at the welds or simply flex back and forth uselessly if he even tries to turn the wheels.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

88h88 posted:

Luigi Colani! Dude hates straight lines with a passion.

So that's how new cars are made!

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Cacafuego posted:

So that's how new cars are made!

When the Concorde loves the Mach V very much...

iForge
Oct 28, 2010

Apple's new "iBlacksmith Suite: Professional Edition" features the iForge, iAnvil, and the iHammer.
Saw this terrible terrible buick at the grocery store this evening.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I wonder what the red covers behind the wheels are/are made of.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

iForge posted:

Needs large fake calipers.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Slavvy posted:

I wonder what the red covers behind the wheels are/are made of.

Despair.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

iForge posted:

You know what? I have to admit that I would post this in the awesome car poo poo thread instead. I can't hate on donked out american yacht cars. They spend all the money on being flashy and eyecatching, which is probably a better idea for a car you're only going to cruise around the streets than turboing it up to 450hp and running it into a tree.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Not to mention noone will ever argue that they're somehow destroying a priceless piece of automotive heritage. They're abortions from the second-worst era of american cars, it's better that it happens to them than something actually worth saving.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

kastein posted:

The leaf spring and ubolts aren't even close to aligned right on that side, I think he pushed it out of the shop and had someone tap the brakes and it flew apart already.

As for the tubing, you may be right, but it won't even take a medium sized rock. It will likely break off at the welds or simply flex back and forth uselessly if he even tries to turn the wheels.

im pretty sure that the brake lines are just lopped off at the leaf springs like the diff breather in the middle is!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Slavvy posted:

Not to mention noone will ever argue that they're somehow destroying a priceless piece of automotive heritage. They're abortions from the second-worst era of american cars, it's better that it happens to them than something actually worth saving.

People need to destroy them faster, because in the past few years I've started seeing cars from that era rolling around with vintage plates on.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
Am I the only one that [img]tags aren't working for? Maybe it's just imgur. But I can dig the URL out of a post and see it by pasting directly to the URL bar. Weird.

Edit: Well gently caress, they're working for me now. Here's content.

*click to make worse*

trouser chili fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Feb 3, 2014

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

88h88 posted:

Luigi Colani! Dude hates straight lines with a passion.

Hey look, an inbred Cylon.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

trouser chili posted:

Am I the only one that [timg]tags aren't working for? Maybe it's just imgur. But I can dig the URL out of a post and see it by pasting directly to the URL bar. Weird.

Edit: Well gently caress, they're working for me now. Here's content.

*click to make worse*
[img]http://i.imgur.com/PEtvHmgl.jpg[/timg]

That seems to be the type of project that's a result of a bunch of dudes sitting around a campfire emptying a case of beer trying to design the most ironically ugly ricer.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

When the Concorde loves the Mach V very much...

My first thought was "reminds me of Rodimus Prime"

Bring Back Noid
Sep 16, 2005

Well, I made this about 8 or 9 years ago -- so somehow I feel sort of responsible for this...

HDC
Mar 11, 2006

kastein posted:

hey man, that's not cool, we have teeth and don't beat each other up. :haw:

Just checked Pirate4x4 and holy gently caress, here's one for this thread.

I'm not entirely sure, but the base car looks very similar to an old NASCAR chassis to me, with that front valance and everything

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

The reflection in the front bumper looks kinda like a deformed set of steer horns.

That really needs a normal-sized set of horns mounted to accentuate the size.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

HDC posted:

I'm not entirely sure, but the base car looks very similar to an old NASCAR chassis to me, with that front valance and everything

Wouldn't surprise me at all, since rednecks love putting cars on top of truck frames for MUDDIN'! :banjo:

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.
In parts of NC there are retired NASCAR chassis and body work everywhere. You could probably get a 5-10 year old race car for pretty cheap.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
I'm pretty sure this belongs here:

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

anonumos posted:

In parts of NC there are retired NASCAR chassis and body work everywhere. You could probably get a 5-10 year old race car for pretty cheap.

Seriously, I've seen rollers for < $10k. I really need to stop looking at race cars. I'll just end up with a few.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

keevo posted:

Maybe you should add that the owner of this is deadmau5...

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

wayfinder posted:

Maybe you should add that the owner of this is deadmau5...

Set fire to it and then unwrap the car.

drukqs
Oct 15, 2010

wank wank you're a pro vaper I'm not wooptiedoo...

quote:

Dear drukqs,

Female neighbor forwarded your message below to me. Thanks for making the effort to be quieter, which we truly appreciate. Unfortunately, the situation is still pretty noisy and wakes us up at night (around midnight, both coming and going). Around noon today, when the street isn’t as quiet as it is at midnight, it seemed that your car idled for quite a while and then you left somewhat quickly.

As I read your message about moving to another exhaust system, I’m thinking that probably is the sensible thing to do, sooner rather than later. Thanks for mentioning this option, and please let me know what you think.

Best,

Neighbor

Is murder legal yet?

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
I too get unreasonably upset at my neighbors because I can't afford modern windows on my house.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
The entire fact that they said "you moving to a new exhaust system is the sensible thing to do" really pisses me off. I live next to a major road and there are plenty lovely rear end riceburners that fly through the area at night, and it doesn't wake me up. Maybe try fixing your own problems before putting the onus on other people?

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Galler posted:

Set fire to it and then unwrap the car.

Why? Dude's got oodles of money, and it's not like he's doing something irreversible to a rare car.

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

I just want someone to set fire to deadmau5 and think the car would look better without the wrap :shrug:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

drukqs posted:

Is murder legal yet?
Of course not, though I'm not sure why you ask. Murder is unjustifiable killing.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

drukqs posted:

Is murder legal yet?

The obvious answer is only use first gear on your street, and always do exactly whatever the speed limit is.

e: What is the offending vehicle in question?

Panty Saluter fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Feb 4, 2014

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Passive-Aggressive Shithead posted:

As I read your message about moving to another exhaust system, I’m thinking that probably is the sensible thing to do, sooner rather than later.

gently caress the legality, I'll help.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I would just try a progressively louder series of mufflers to see if they can help you figure out which one is the best one. You said you were moving to a different one, not a quieter one.

Present it as a hypothesis, then write it up as a whitepaper and get NSF grant funding.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

keevo posted:

This is absolutely, unequivocally, the wrong thread.

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

drukqs posted:

Is murder legal yet?

I can only hope this is the new exhaust system you're thinking about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

drukqs posted:

Is murder legal yet?

Your neighbors sound like mine, except instead of blocking you by parking in the middle of the road they whine to the landlord? police? their parents? about it.

I'm not sure which I prefer but I'll trade you so we can each experience a different kind of terrible neighbor who whinges about not-very-loud exhausts in an unreasonable manner.