Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Whoever gets it I hope Floyd Mayweather puts their rear end in a 12 week fight camp.

Or that idea where Kanye just shoots him in the chest after letting him land a punch.

Argh you got me

He'll need the money since mayweather put 12 mil on Denver winning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
Hey look, the demagogue who claimed that the half-white half-black biracial American president "hates white people" thinks a coke ad showing diversity is an effort to 'divide people.'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZ8B_Ihjd_M

I think it's an effort to sell more soda to a lot of people with fashionable tolerance, but morning zoo scam artist Beck would have his listeners think it's an attack on their paranoid intolerant selves.

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Feb 3, 2014

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I'm a Filipino who's lived in western Washington his entire life. Baby you don't need to tell me twice, this is like the greatest not-actually-important day of my life. Bigots getting trolled by Coke on a day like that is just....beautiful.

America is beautiful :patriot:

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Feb 3, 2014

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

better to die an evil wizard,
than to live as a grand one.
Pillbug

The Ape of Naples posted:

I'm over my mom's place and she's listening to some right wing radio station. Maybe it's Savage, I'm trying not to pay attention. But whoever it is is railing against the Coke commercial. He said something to the effect "do you think you could sing the national anthem of China or Russia or France in English? The people would riot!" So, are those three countries the right wants to emulate? Would that make them better than us? Ignoring for a minute that they don't have the history of immigration that the US has. I couldn't understand his point.

VVV To be honest I don't know if he said "anthem" or not but the implication is the same. I'm not sure the best term. National song?

Even if the guy didn't say "National anthem" and properly identified the song, it's still ridiculous. No Russians are going to riot if you have a good singer do Podmoskovnye Vechera in another language, and no French will riot because you translated Georges Brassens. If it's well-done, anyone who gets mad was just itching for something to fight over to begin with.

You might start a small bar fight if you make it some obscene mockery, but that applies to anything touching on national identity. I get that it's Rush/Beck/Savage/etc's job to feign outrage, but how do their fans even begin to take this seriously?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
With all of the loving bitching that the right wing authoritarians make about trivial poo poo like light bulbs, you would figure that they would be leading the Mexican Coke train against HFCS.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

sweart gliwere posted:

Even if the guy didn't say "National anthem" and properly identified the song, it's still ridiculous. No Russians are going to riot if you have a good singer do Podmoskovnye Vechera in another language, and no French will riot because you translated Georges Brassens. If it's well-done, anyone who gets mad was just itching for something to fight over to begin with.

You might start a small bar fight if you make it some obscene mockery, but that applies to anything touching on national identity. I get that it's Rush/Beck/Savage/etc's job to feign outrage, but how do their fans even begin to take this seriously?

Because their fans are racists who have identified American nationalism with white anglo saxon protestantism. They are, of course, horribly wrong, as the most cursory inspection of The New Colossus alone would prove (among many other equally potent examples) but it's their racism and they're sticking to it.

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
Corn is american so no.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
They're proud of the fact that America has its very own sugar. :911:

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

better to die an evil wizard,
than to live as a grand one.
Pillbug

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Because their fans are racists who have identified American nationalism with white anglo saxon protestantism. They are, of course, horribly wrong, as the most cursory inspection of The New Colossus alone would prove (among many other equally potent examples) but it's their racism and they're sticking to it.

I have friends and family who are republicans, they just aren't deep in a Fox/EIB/Civitas well of poo poo. Just lucky that the republicans I know have actually traveled overseas and understand it isn't all barbarian hordes outside America.

Loving the idea that people would think someone like Pierre De Gaillande risks death every time he sets foot in the Francosphere.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Spacedad posted:

Hey look, the demagogue who claimed that the half-white half-black biracial American president "hates white people" thinks a coke ad showing diversity is an effort to 'divide people.'

I think it's an effort to sell more soda to a lot of people with fashionable tolerance, but morning zoo scam artist Beck would have his listeners think it's an attack on their paranoid intolerant selves.
The commercial literally has people of different backgrounds and ethnicity singing together. How is that not harmonious :psyduck:

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
I would put myself further into poverty to see DMX kick Zimmerman's rear end and pee on him.

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
Zimmerman is attempting suicide by Kanye.

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

I haven't seen the commercial yet but it sounds like it's message is that people of every country love America? So this is a bad thing? I guess conservatives want the world to hate us?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

beatlegs posted:

I haven't seen the commercial yet but it sounds like it's message is that people of every country love America?

Even worse...the singing is coming from inside the country!!!

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I loved the bored look on Glenn's Partner.

'THIS IS ALL ABOUT DIVISION'

"mhm, when do I get my check?"

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

beatlegs posted:

I haven't seen the commercial yet but it sounds like it's message is that people of every country love America? So this is a bad thing? I guess conservatives want the world to hate us?

If you really love America there's no reason you can't love it in English American :mad:

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

beatlegs posted:

They already think the rest of the world looks down on Obama's America :ssh:

agarjogger
May 16, 2011

beatlegs posted:

Well no, conservatives would not want the United States to be primarily loved by the ROTW. I think Christ Christie said it best.
"We choose respect over love". Respect in the conservative lexicon means fear, and that's the sort of order they prefer, for a bunch of reasons that all boil down to them being stunted people.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Babylon Astronaut posted:

Zimmerman is attempting suicide by Kanye.

I vote we get Zimmerman to re-enact Method Man's final scene in the Wire.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

agarjogger posted:

Well no, conservatives would not want the United States to be primarily loved by the ROTW. I think Christ Christie said it best.
"We choose respect over love". Respect in the conservative lexicon means fear, and that's the sort of order they prefer, for a bunch of reasons that all boil down to them being stunted people.

gently caress Christie, I dream of a day our place on the world stage is both respected and loved instead of feared and mocked.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

Orange Devil posted:

He doesn't deserve to be associated with that work of art.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Death by a million paper cuts from printed stolen stock photos?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
They choose respect over love because they are un-lovable and working diligently on the other one.

agarjogger
May 16, 2011

Intel&Sebastian posted:

They choose respect over love because they are un-lovable and working diligently on the other one.

I mean, take one rather particular class of people, businesspeople, and let them remake the world in their bloodless, mediocre image. They'll expunge, belittle, or marginalize all the elements they don't understand or approve of, and way overemphasize the things they know how to do. What you wind up with is an unbalanced, unworkable world because it was designed by an ad guy who decided he didn't need any engineers or janitors. It's just capture of the United States by its merchant class, nothing more. Happens all the time, and guess who loses. Oh right, everyone.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Spacedad posted:

:eng101: Dividing America = Triggering conservative racism by unintentionally trolling them with harmless pablum.

Seriously, I've heard conservatives claim dozens of times that so-and-so is "dividing America", and it always has to do with trying to explain some racist outburst by someone on the right over something inconsequential.

quote:

Executives at Coca Cola thought it was a good idea to run a 60 second Super Bowl ad featuring children singing "America the Beautiful" – a deeply Christian patriotic anthem whose theme is unity – in several foreign languages. The ad also prominently features a gay couple.

Someone should clue in the people at Breitbart that 'unity' and 'uniformity' are not synonyms.

quote:

As far as the executives at Coca Cola are concerned, however, the United States of America is no longer a nation ruled by the Constitution and American traditions in which English is the language of government. It is not a nation governed in the Anglo-American tradition of liberty. It is instead a nation governed by some all inclusive multi-cultural synthesis of the various forms of government in the world, as expressed by the multiple languages used in the Super Bowl ad to sing a uniquely American hymn that celebrates our heritage.

Seriously, what the gently caress is this. A bunch of people singing in different languages about how much they love America and over-marketed sugar water has gently caress all to do with government or the Constitution. This reads like some poor sap at Breitbart.com had to string together some kind of desperate justification for the inevitable conservative meltdown at the sight of non-white people singing a song about America in foreign languages.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Orange Devil posted:

Someone else in D&D already came up with the perfect one, let Zimmerman get a punch in and then Kayne pulls out a gun and shoots him in the chest and leaves.

Ivan Shitskin
Nov 29, 2002

All this Zimmerman poo poo reminds me of that Japanese guy who murdered some girl, chopped her up into pieces, ate them, and then largely avoided prison time for it. He became a minor celebrity and made money off of it. He showed up on talk shows now and then, appeared in a movie, and wrote a book about all the little details of the murder.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Issei_Sagawa

Is Zimmerman going to write a book about murdering Trayvon Martin now?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Yeah. I'm pretty certain no immigrants, Hispanics or non English speaking people work in Coka-Cola plants anyway.

What a dumb thing to get upset about.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Kenzie posted:

All this Zimmerman poo poo reminds me of that Japanese guy who murdered some girl, chopped her up into pieces, ate them, and then largely avoided prison time for it. He became a minor celebrity and made money off of it. He showed up on talk shows now and then, appeared in a movie, and wrote a book about all the little details of the murder.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Issei_Sagawa

Is Zimmerman going to write a book about murdering Trayvon Martin now?

A) To be completely fair at least that guy is like, legit crazy, he legit has something majorly broken in his brain.

B) Yes, he is for sure, I have no doubt that at some point he'll write a book about his plight under the tyranny of Obama and his black panther thugs.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Rhesus Pieces posted:

:eng101: Dividing America = Triggering conservative racism by unintentionally trolling them with harmless pablum.

A hearty :laffo: if you think the response to that ad wasn't exactly what Coke wanted.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

BiggerBoat posted:

Yeah. I'm pretty certain no immigrants, Hispanics or non English speaking people work in Coka-Cola plants anyway.

What a dumb thing to get upset about.

So, they're allowed to boycott Coca-Cola over this dumb poo poo.

Yet, when we boycott Chick-Fil-A for vile comments, and donating towards anti-gay organization? They freak out and counter-boycott.All the while claiming we're the bad guys?

I mean, you can't have it both ways.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005

Tatum Girlparts posted:

A) To be completely fair at least that guy is like, legit crazy, he legit has something majorly broken in his brain.

B) Yes, he is for sure, I have no doubt that at some point he'll write a book about his plight under the tyranny of Obama and his black panther thugs.

Well according to the Japanese on that wiki page he was released on a technicality and isn't crazy.

"Upon arrival in Japan, he was immediately taken to Matsuzawa hospital, where examining psychologists all found him to be sane, stating that sexual perversion was the sole motivation for the murder.[1] Japanese authorities found it legally impossible to detain him because the French government refused to release court documents (which remain secret) to Japan, claiming that the case had already been dropped in France."

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

FuzzySkinner posted:

So, they're allowed to boycott Coca-Cola over this dumb poo poo.

Yet, when we boycott Chick-Fil-A for vile comments, and donating towards anti-gay organization? They freak out and counter-boycott.All the while claiming we're the bad guys?

I mean, you can't have it both ways.

There is only one way. The Right Way.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

comes along bort posted:

A hearty :laffo: if you think the response to that ad wasn't exactly what Coke wanted.

One more year and trolling the RW with super bowl commercials is going to be a tradition.

:hawksin:

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Rhesus Pieces posted:

Intel&Sebastian posted:

One more year and trolling the RW with super bowl commercials is going to be a tradition.

:hawksin:
Hey, look at that, MSNBC loving called it! They just picked the wrong commercial that would send conservatives into a tizzy, that's all.:haw:

Seriously, I'm kind of irritated that very few articles I see are pointing out how goddamn predictable the right wing's outrage is; the MSNBC story broke less than a week ago.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

Rhesus Pieces posted:

Seriously, I've heard conservatives claim dozens of times that so-and-so is "dividing America", and it always has to do with trying to explain some racist outburst by someone on the right over something inconsequential.

It's part of the larger rightwing narrative preoccupied with the idea that racists, homophobes, and other types of bigots in their ranks are being 'persecuted' somehow by the march of tolerance and understanding in our culture that's been going around.

Bigots feel that their intolerance is not being tolerated.

I actually agree though. Bigotry should never be tolerated. Because it's loving bigotry.

Ivan Shitskin
Nov 29, 2002

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I'd say there is something majorly broken in Zimmerman's brain too, for stalking and gunning down some black kid and for the domestic violence poo poo that's cropped up since then.

I'm waiting for him to write a book and then go on a book tour so he can show up on right wing talk shows. I'm sure some GOP congressmen and right wing media figures would love to parade him around like with those Duck Dynasty shitheads.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Lycus posted:

They're proud of the fact that America has its very own sugar. :911:

Nasty poo poo that somehow manages to be even less healthy than regular sugar. America, gently caress yeah! :fsmug:

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

Also, I'd like a formal apology from a majority of republicans for the loving Bush years now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpSDAxks8eU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modern Day Hercules
Apr 26, 2008

Jagged Jim posted:

Nasty poo poo that somehow manages to be even less healthy than regular sugar. America, gently caress yeah! :fsmug:

No its not. It's exactly as unhealthy as regular sugar (really unhealthy). The only difference is it is significantly cheaper, so it gets put into more poo poo, and in greater quantities, than sugar would be. Pound for pound they are the same though. Bad.