Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SaxMaverick
Jun 9, 2005

The stuff of nightmares
I love Seth casually explaining his training regimens, supplements and equipment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Under the vegetable posted:

Seth gets so loving mad at Jerry Seinfeld and it's the funniest thing in the world. Like, he seems to have this vision of Jerry as an evil figure who exists only to steal money from Los Angeles.

I'd say pretty much the same thing with Seth's version of Cheech and Chong. The pure bile he gets into when he talks about them or Seinfeld is amazing.

RustyTrombone
Oct 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Power of Pecota posted:

I'd say pretty much the same thing with Seth's version of Cheech and Chong. The pure bile he gets into when he talks about them or Seinfeld is amazing.

MIME IT

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

Hiyo. Probably it's a dick move to ask a retarded question after not reading the last 9000 pages of thsi thread. Sorry. Anyway does anyone know which episode it is where there's a story about an LSU architecture (?) student named Storm Erie, who has a sister named Sky, and he drives a car onto the quad and unloads a number of mysterious items there before wondering into a building to chat with some prof or something. I think it's from early 2010 and i want to listen to it on loop for the rest of my life. Hope someone else has a weirdly specific memory for this stuff. Thanks bye.

DannyTanner
Jan 9, 2010

Episode 209 (03/15/2010) @ 1:02:47

Seth reads from an article in the LSU student newspaper, the Daily Reveille about a student named Storm Erie who drove his car into the LSU Quad, parked and began throwing contents of his vehicle into the Quad: dirty rubber boots, a half-empty bottle of wine, a large sling blade, a djembe, a four-sided lug wrench, a skateboard, a wooden chess set, a sweater, a pair of shoes, landscaping bags, a flashlight and a small mug. He also propped up a set of blueprints along the back of the running vehicle.

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

DannyTanner posted:

Episode 209 (03/15/2010) @ 1:02:47

Seth reads from an article in the LSU student newspaper, the Daily Reveille about a student named Storm Erie who drove his car into the LSU Quad, parked and began throwing contents of his vehicle into the Quad: dirty rubber boots, a half-empty bottle of wine, a large sling blade, a djembe, a four-sided lug wrench, a skateboard, a wooden chess set, a sweater, a pair of shoes, landscaping bags, a flashlight and a small mug. He also propped up a set of blueprints along the back of the running vehicle.

Love and Thanks, from me.

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

WARNING: Temporal rift detected!
Yeah I think we discussed that at length a few months ago and how fascinating and weird it was.

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

I even found the dude on facebook. Seemed kunda weird around tje time that happened.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
That's one of my favourite UYD clips ever (could definitely use a Youtube extraction) - having the music playing underneath really adds to the surreality of it too. I also remember playing to my Mum while on a train once, for reasons that escape me, and it made her laugh so loud and so long that she got a shitload of dirty looks (UYD: bringing families together).

Mr. Samuel Shitley
Jun 15, 2007

by XyloJW

DannyTanner posted:

a skateboard

Thanks to Jonathan now every time I read or hear this it sounds like 'Skeeit-børd' or something

"Well, first you have to know how to say it."

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Just got done with episode 278 @ 18:07. Gotta be funniest thing I've heard in forever.

Dad crashes the single engine family plane twice, first time killing his mother, sister, and younger brother. Second time the father kills himself and his step mom. Oldest son (basketball star) is in both crashes and survives.

"Hey DAD WHAT THE gently caress?! I thought you were gonna read up on this poo poo! You SUCK at flying planes!" "Oh you're gonna kill new mom too?"

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

yancy2010 posted:

Just got done with episode 278 @ 18:07. Gotta be funniest thing I've heard in forever.

Dad crashes the single engine family plane twice, first time killing his mother, sister, and younger brother. Second time the father kills himself and his step mom. Oldest son (basketball star) is in both crashes and survives.

"Hey DAD WHAT THE gently caress?! I thought you were gonna read up on this poo poo! You SUCK at flying planes!" "Oh you're gonna kill new mom too?"

I laugh like an rear end in a top hat every time I listen to this clip, but on the positive side of things, the story has had a very :unsmith: outcome so far:
http://www.freep.com/article/20140109/SPORTS06/301090066/austin-hatch-video-michigan-basketball

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

I like how everyone feels the need to stop everything and discuss that when they first hear it. It's just so shocking.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Episode 404 is up.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Seth has only gotten better with age, this past year is his best

AAAAA neoooope

Something to do with being more relaxed and less insecure about his age makes him even funnier and easy to listen to for me

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Oh poo poo, I thought Herda and the Haddas broke up!

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Can someone tell me all the episodes where seth talks about the answers models give for those miss america type shows?

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I just got through 255, they start off with one of those.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

drat, was really hoping The Twins would be making an appearance this year.

Mr. Samuel Shitley
Jun 15, 2007

by XyloJW
What, they couldn't get Smash Face and Jimmy Eat gently caress? Disappointing.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I was saving up for tickets to see Schneere and Laterne here but if they're no-shows then I guess that money's going elsewhere. Koby Teith perhaps?

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Desperately hope Seth talking poo poo about The Black List becomes a new annual feature (along with UYD mainstays Most Popular Baby Names, AVN Nominations and Pantone Colour Of The Year)

Carlton Banks
Jan 5, 2004

"The Tigers' biggest obstacle to a championship will be keeping a straight face. The Tigers in three."
I was going to buy the $10,000 Bon Jovi VIP package, but I guess they backed out

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Wow, I'm catching up on old eps and now I REALLY want a namechange to "Texas Powerbottom"

RustyTrombone
Oct 23, 2007

by zen death robot

GraPar posted:

That's one of my favourite UYD clips ever (could definitely use a Youtube extraction) - having the music playing underneath really adds to the surreality of it too. I also remember playing to my Mum while on a train once, for reasons that escape me, and it made her laugh so loud and so long that she got a shitload of dirty looks (UYD: bringing families together).

I've done done it again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0RF4mHb43U

Also, 404 owns.

RustyTrombone fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Feb 3, 2014

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
How is it possible that after like 2 months now eps. 1-160 are still not on itunes?

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Damo posted:

How is it possible that after like 2 months now eps. 1-160 are still not on itunes?

I suspect they were deleted because maybe they needed space?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Wow, I stumbled across this tumblr post and while I have no idea of the context of the drama it really made me uncomfortable; there are some creepy, weird UYD fans out there & I can totally see why the forums got wiped out if it was this kind of poo poo going on.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Speaking of, did that purge also take out Weck's Wiki, or am I just lovely at navigating the website? On another note, the new seth's corner layout sucks balls.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

goferchan posted:

Wow, I stumbled across this tumblr post and while I have no idea of the context of the drama it really made me uncomfortable; there are some creepy, weird UYD fans out there & I can totally see why the forums got wiped out if it was this kind of poo poo going on.

Haha, what loving weirdos some fans are.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Speaking of, did that purge also take out Weck's Wiki, or am I just lovely at navigating the website? On another note, the new seth's corner layout sucks balls.

It's still up if you Google it. Up to 362 I think.

egon_beeblebrox fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Feb 4, 2014

roach cum puddle
Jun 22, 2013

by Ralp

goferchan posted:

The only thing I can see weird about this is the bullet points??? It seems like a pretty level-headed side to their story (which I don't know about), even if it's done with weird structure.
Is this what it takes to be called "a loving weirdo" nowadays? Getting banned from a forum and then pointing out why you think it's lovely you got banned?

DannyTanner
Jan 9, 2010

The UYD forums were so loving bad. I'm not surprised they got nuked considering how much a headache it must have been for J+S to deal with.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

The wiki still exists, it just hasn't been updated since 363.

roach cum puddle
Jun 22, 2013

by Ralp
Why were the forums "so loving bad"? I would skim them every once in a while and it seemed pretty civil compared to SA. Were people posting along the lines of "IM OUTSIDE SETHS HOUSE WAITING FOR HIM TO COME OUT" or were they so loving bad in just people being mean/stupid? Again, my take on the forums was everyone was friendly with each other and never saw anything weird.

Edit: but then again, you guys think defending yourself from an out of the blue ban is weird so who knows anymore

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

goferchan posted:

Hmmm, I actually read all 69 bullet points of that list-styled manifesto, and I think it's good.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
So that person and some others got banned. OK. So what is this big forum community the tumbler person talks about? The few times I checked the forum it was a ghost town. Only new posts were from this one guy who just responded to everything with "BOASHK!"

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

edit: whatever, who cares

dvorak fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Feb 4, 2014

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks
It's the weird way that they incorporate stuff from the show into their language, and I'm sure the forum was full of dudes saying "steez" and poo poo. reading that post really creeped me out, especially the way they guy directly made an analogy with "No games, no drama." People really have a need to fill their life with poo poo.

DannyTanner
Jan 9, 2010

The list of all the movies that were eventually made from the Black List is kinda interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roach cum puddle
Jun 22, 2013

by Ralp

big business sloth posted:

It's the weird way that they incorporate stuff from the show into their language, and I'm sure the forum was full of dudes saying "steez" and poo poo. reading that post really creeped me out, especially the way they guy directly made an analogy with "No games, no drama." People really have a need to fill their life with poo poo.

I'd tell the thread "we're trying to build things up here not tear them down", but apparently using words from the lexicon of a podcast that is a giant part of your life labels you a creepy weirdo.
Cool.