Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)
Of the Seven Visions of Seven Trials of the Incarnate, I have now fulfilled the Fifth Trial.

Dux Supremus posted:

Hey, seorin, just wanted to say SPERG rules. Put about 45 hours in with it now and it's fun to actually have choices to make when picking perks. Thought I'd ask: do complimentary abilities in 1H and 2H (e.g., Bone Breaker and Skull Crusher) stack, and if so is it additive (50% + 50% = 100% armor reduction) or multiplicative (.5 x 100 = 50 x .5 = 25% armor remaining)? I guess it's not too important since you're nullifying lots of armor which is cool either way.

Morrowloot with it is also really fun. Recommend the combo.

Most abilities stack multiplicatively, so if you have both armor piercing perks it results in 75% armor reduction. People constantly tell me this is overpowered despite it being one of the most underpowered combos in the mod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Agents are GO! posted:

There's also a SkyProc patcher that gives NPCs varied body types. The name escapes me at the moment.

On my own troubleshooting note, can anyone suggest a reason to me that MOs Archive Invalidation might decide not to work with a new profile?

I'm getting missing textures on all the cloaks from Cloaks of Skyrim (+CCOR) and I didn't have any problems with my previous profile where I used them. :(

Did you install the CCO-R-specific replacement .esp for Cloaks of Skyrim? Because you need to do that for Cloaks of Skyrim to work with CCO-R. CCO-R is amazing, by the way, for finally integrating other mods into it. Being able to have JaySuS or Jewelcraft or Bandoliers work without their .esps cluttering poo poo up is amazing. All you need is their assets installed. Lore Weapon Expansion, IA7, Heavy Armory, Cloaks of Skyrim and Winter is Coming all need different .esps to work properly, but they are integrated as well.

Apoplexy fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Feb 2, 2014

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Hey, LtSmash, I have two questions about ASIS:

1. Which takes precedence: the MCM settings or the settings in the Patcher UI?
2. Is it possible to exclude certain named entities from ASIS. I'm thinking of my 2-Krosis battle from earlier. (Alternately, would it be possible, for specific entities, to spawn an unnamed version alongside the named version?)

Also, as an aside, do you know anything about the internal workings of Automatic Variants, somewhat relating to #2 up there. I want to exclude a few named creatures from being varianted (Namely certain dogs like Stump or Meeko, or alternately making whatever variant they get first permanent. As it is, they change appearance from time to time.)

Edit: Yeah, I did, Apoplexy. Somehow a bunch of .dds files from different mods just disappeared. Redownloaded Cloaks, reinstalled CCOr, all good now. :)

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Feb 2, 2014

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Well I think I have finally hit graphical zen with this game. :v:

Now running a stable 60+ FPS outdoors while using pretty much every mod out there to replace textures and meshes, RealVision ENB profile, and even got Grass on Steroids working nicely. The key was to disable DepthOfField and AmbientOcclusion in my enbseries.ini. I don't personally like DoF, so disabling it was killing two birds with one stone there. AO looks really nice, but it's just not worth the hit (15-20 FPS if not more).

Thanks to everyone who helped me out with troubleshooting and advice in here. Mod Organizer is the greatest program ever. Now it's time to start installing the fun gameplay-changing mods and get going on my playthrough!

edit: Oh can anyone recommend a good borderless windowed mode mod? There seem to be a few floating around out there so I thought I would ask first.

Infinite Oregano
Dec 31, 2007

I'm going to make my friends eat infinite oregano and they'll have to do it because the recipe says so!

Siets posted:

edit: Oh can anyone recommend a good borderless windowed mode mod? There seem to be a few floating around out there so I thought I would ask first.

For borderless windowed mode I have been using OneTweak, which works fine. Though I will note that the only issue I have is with its default settings it crashes before it even goes anywhere, for some reason borderless windowed mode 1 (in its ini) causes that, but mode 2 works for me fine, so I'd just watch out for that.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

King Dead posted:

There's like a hundred Breezehome mods and half of them don't say if they're compatible with Hearthfire or not so.. does anyone know what would be my best bet for a simple mod that gives breezehome a decent-sized library and doesn't remove the alchemy station for a kid's room?
Breezehome Basement 3x2

This is mine, so I'm definitely biased, but if you're after something basic with a bit more storage for books, and without a lot of ridiculous bullshit, you could do a lot worse. Compatible with Hearthfire.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
I wish there was a Breezehome mod that just brings it up to spec in terms of facilities and price with the others a la Proudspire Manor Refurbished - most I see are Homer Car monstrosities like Nexus threw a "see how much dumb poo poo you can throw into and onto the house without making the game crash" contest. Just need something a little roomier than the vanilla cracker jack box.

Failing that, something like the old Owned! mod for Fallout 3.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Try this

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/11158/

The only breezehome mod I've liked, makes it feel more like the Oblivion DLC house mods which I liked where you have to buy all the different little upgrades and collect some other things. Makes it nicer without being too gaudy.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Having trouble getting Dual Sheath Redux going. Here's what I've tried thus far:

1. Installed the mod, didn't read instructions. Realized there was a .jar file you had to run. Oops.

2. Ran the .jar file as an Admin, then loaded the new .esp. Error message in game. Ah, that's right, I'm using MO.

3. Completely uninstalled and reinstalled DSR mod, then Googled and found out how to add the .jar as an executable within MO and ran it within. Now no more error message (it even says "Dual Sheath Redux activated" in game in white text), but the animations are still wrong and the swords aren't slung on my back.

I am running XP32 Maximum Skeletons, SkyUI, SKSE, Belt Quivers, as well as Immersive Animations, all of which are prior in the load order to DSR. I am thinking maybe I messed up which boxes I ticked in the Immersive Animations installer or some other related mod's installer. Or there might be some other conflict I missed.

King Dead
Apr 13, 2011

Kilroy posted:

Breezehome Basement 3x2

This is mine, so I'm definitely biased, but if you're after something basic with a bit more storage for books, and without a lot of ridiculous bullshit, you could do a lot worse. Compatible with Hearthfire.

Thanks I'll just use this, I was being stubborn about looking for a "single cell" solution.

The Mad Archivist posted:

I wish there was a Breezehome mod that just brings it up to spec in terms of facilities and price with the others a la Proudspire Manor Refurbished - most I see are Homer Car monstrosities like Nexus threw a "see how much dumb poo poo you can throw into and onto the house without making the game crash" contest. Just need something a little roomier than the vanilla cracker jack box.

Most I saw were seemingly built around an excuse to stick a sexy sauna room in some parking lot-sized basement that clearly would not pass zoning regulations.

Gonbon
Feb 15, 2004
sdf
I got sick of loot management and made an auto-sell thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QP6CRnIZJE
you should turn on annotations to get anything from that video other than boring menus (you get boring text too, click on boring text if you're bored and want to see the next boring thing.)

Basically it lets you mark items as Junk, then hit one key to sell as much Junk as it can.

To mark an item as junk, highlight it in the inventory menu (not container or barter) and hit Q (it shows up in the bottom bar, but it isn't configurable yet.) It works exactly like favoriting it.
To sell as much junk as possible, hit Q in the barter menu.
It sells stolen items first. Then it repeatedly sells the heaviest most valuable item a vendor can afford.

To install either empty the contents of the archive into your Data dir, or you can install it fine with Mod Organizer (if you use the default Mod Organizer load mechanism for the skse plugin.) Needs SKSE (1.6.16, haven't tested with 1.7.0) and SkyUI (4.1). For now it overwrites SkyUI.bsa so load it after SkyUI in Mod Organizer, or overwrite it if just dropping it in. I included the source of the SKSE plugin and the modified SkyUI swfs. This thing is all terrible actionscript and a tiny little plugin to store the junk data in the SKSE co-save.

This thing will probably break. If it detects that it didn't sell right it will hopefully pop up a little message box to tell you so. This is necessary because of the stupid way I implemented selling. If it breaks could you please upload a copy of your save and co-save (the .ess and .skse named the same), also a copy of skse.log in My Documents\My Games\Skyrim\SKSE\.

Also it might incorrectly identify poo poo as junk, right now it uses FormID, item name, effects, and soul level (if a soul gem) to identify items.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14971925/junk.7z

futile
May 18, 2009
That mod sounds pretty promising and I'll probably check it out. However I think the real question is where do I get a set of buttperial gear?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Gonbon posted:

I got sick of loot management and made an auto-sell thing.

The whole video I was thinking "why would I spend time selecting items when I already have to do that every time", and then I read

quote:

If you mark an item as junk it is always recognized as junk even after selling the last item of that type

You're incredible.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Warmonger Armory

Some of these armors actually look pretty cool, and definitely worth a try.

Dux Supremus
Feb 2, 2009

Burns posted:

I will be trying out Morrowloot. Should I load it before or after Sperg?
After.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

I literally did not realize until yesterday that you could improve Breezehome without mods :bang:

What the hell is wrong with me

Crazy Ted fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Feb 3, 2014

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Crazy Ted posted:

I literally did not realize until yesterday that you could improve Breezehome without mods :bang:

What the hell is wrong with me

What? You... missed the whole "heres the poo poo you can buy for your house" spiel? And Book?

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Agents are GO! posted:

What? You... missed the whole "heres the poo poo you can buy for your house" spiel? And Book?
I...I don't even loving know man. I'll just take my massive house by Falkreath and be happy.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Crazy Ted posted:

I...I don't even loving know man. I'll just take my massive house by Falkreath and be happy.

You and me both. I haven't purchased a vanilla house since hearthfire dropped. :)

Although I'm wondering suddenly how hard it would be to copy-paste Severin manor somewhere in mainland Skyrim, I really like Severin Manor.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Scyantific posted:

Warmonger Armory

Some of these armors actually look pretty cool, and definitely worth a try.

Just judging from the screenshots none of it looks substantially different from stuff done in Immersive Armors, most of which is itself either 'meshes borrowed from the Witcher' or 'static meshes hotglued on to vanilla armor.' Not that that's terrible but it's not terribly exciting either. Even retextures of vanilla armor would be something at this point. It's a shame that anyone working on new meshes seems to be in it to make more chainmail bikinis.

felat
Apr 27, 2008

I know that in order to get SPERG working, I have to install the Community Uncapper, but when I try to install the CU through MO it says "No game data on top level" and refuses to work. i found no help through google so I'm wondering if anyone here has had that problem before? What would happen if I installed SPERG without the uncapper?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

You don't HAVE to install the uncapper, it's just recommended, otherwise you get a ton of perks which tends to unbalance the game. To "properly" install it the MO folder for the uncapper should be mods/Uncapper/SKSE/plugins/*the actual data* and I think the folder might just give you the DLL's. Then make sure SPERG has the same skse/plugins/uncapper.ini setup and have it load after the uncapper. You can either create those folders and hope MO loads them correctly or do what I did and just hard-install them to the actual skyrim/data/skse/plugins folder then overwrite the given uncapper ini with the SPERG one.

MO did some weird stuff with skse plugins in the past, and it might not be the case anymore, but I don't take any chances. Plus it's easy this way and doesn't clutter up my MO list with single files I'd be using anyway.

VVV I assumed he tried that, otherwise :smith: come on man. The uncapper might not have the data directories set up.

mbt fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Feb 3, 2014

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

felat posted:

I know that in order to get SPERG working, I have to install the Community Uncapper, but when I try to install the CU through MO it says "No game data on top level" and refuses to work. i found no help through google so I'm wondering if anyone here has had that problem before? What would happen if I installed SPERG without the uncapper?

Right clicking on the "data" directory and choosing "Set data directory" doesn't work?

felat
Apr 27, 2008

Nevets posted:

Right clicking on the "data" directory and choosing "Set data directory" doesn't work?

This seems to have worked as it got rid of the error message and the Uncapper was added to my list of mods. However, I started a new character with the Uncapper and SPERG installed, got him to level 4 and still got a perk point at every level, even though in SPERG's description it says that it automatically adjusts perk points. I guess I'll have to try and manually adjust the perk points awarded in the game files.

Just to be sure, when I install the Uncapper, should I have access to some options in-game using SKYui to adjust it's settings? Because I don't, which makes me think it's not properly installed even though it's in my MO list.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

The Mad Archivist posted:

Just judging from the screenshots none of it looks substantially different from stuff done in Immersive Armors, most of which is itself either 'meshes borrowed from the Witcher' or 'static meshes hotglued on to vanilla armor.' Not that that's terrible but it's not terribly exciting either. Even retextures of vanilla armor would be something at this point. It's a shame that anyone working on new meshes seems to be in it to make more chainmail bikinis.

But there are armor retextures out there that are pretty amazing. Best one is aMidianBorn. It's even listed in the graphics section of the OP.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

felat posted:

This seems to have worked as it got rid of the error message and the Uncapper was added to my list of mods. However, I started a new character with the Uncapper and SPERG installed, got him to level 4 and still got a perk point at every level, even though in SPERG's description it says that it automatically adjusts perk points. I guess I'll have to try and manually adjust the perk points awarded in the game files.

Just to be sure, when I install the Uncapper, should I have access to some options in-game using SKYui to adjust it's settings? Because I don't, which makes me think it's not properly installed even though it's in my MO list.

Uncapper uses an ini in the skse/plugins folder. Overwrite the one in there with the SPERG uncapper ini. I told ya man, MO does dumb things with skse plugins. Installing it directly always works.

felat
Apr 27, 2008

Mortimer posted:

Uncapper uses an ini in the skse/plugins folder. Overwrite the one in there with the SPERG uncapper ini. I told ya man, MO does dumb things with skse plugins. Installing it directly always works.

That did the trick! Thanks.

Kanye East
Jul 7, 2006

Siets posted:

Having trouble getting Dual Sheath Redux going. Here's what I've tried thus far:

1. Installed the mod, didn't read instructions. Realized there was a .jar file you had to run. Oops.

2. Ran the .jar file as an Admin, then loaded the new .esp. Error message in game. Ah, that's right, I'm using MO.

3. Completely uninstalled and reinstalled DSR mod, then Googled and found out how to add the .jar as an executable within MO and ran it within. Now no more error message (it even says "Dual Sheath Redux activated" in game in white text), but the animations are still wrong and the swords aren't slung on my back.

I am running XP32 Maximum Skeletons, SkyUI, SKSE, Belt Quivers, as well as Immersive Animations, all of which are prior in the load order to DSR. I am thinking maybe I messed up which boxes I ticked in the Immersive Animations installer or some other related mod's installer. Or there might be some other conflict I missed.

Although it is not as detailed as DSR, I use equipping overhaul. It has a basic MCM for configuration and works with a minimum of fuss.
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/49784/

I realise that you are after swords slung on the back but thought I would put this out there.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

Agents are GO! posted:

Hey, LtSmash, I have two questions about ASIS:

1. Which takes precedence: the MCM settings or the settings in the Patcher UI?
2. Is it possible to exclude certain named entities from ASIS. I'm thinking of my 2-Krosis battle from earlier. (Alternately, would it be possible, for specific entities, to spawn an unnamed version alongside the named version?)

Also, as an aside, do you know anything about the internal workings of Automatic Variants, somewhat relating to #2 up there. I want to exclude a few named creatures from being varianted (Namely certain dogs like Stump or Meeko, or alternately making whatever variant they get first permanent. As it is, they change appearance from time to time.)

Edit: Yeah, I did, Apoplexy. Somehow a bunch of .dds files from different mods just disappeared. Redownloaded Cloaks, reinstalled CCOr, all good now. :)

1) They're the same global variable so when you run the patcher it sets it, then anything you mess around with in the MCM will presumably change it and bake that change into your save.

2) Add their editor ID to the exclude list.

I haven't looked at the source for AV in ages so I have no idea. I can look into it though.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Im afraid I have another problem to report. Lootification will, under no circumstances, acknowlege that Warmonger's Armory even exists. :(

edit: Nevermind, I am retarded. I figured it out. :)

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Feb 4, 2014

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
I'm using NMM, and having a hard time installing Immersive Armors v7, and Interesting NPCs. Interesting NPCs crashes NMM even before it opens just by being in the mod folder, and Immersive Armors v7 will allow me to try to install it, will bring up the dialog box asking me whether I want it to be compatible with some body mod I've never heard of before, but then it will halt mid-installation and say it was not successfully activated.

I don't really want to switch to MO, since in the past I've had issues with other mods not installing properly with it. Is there a manual way to install these two mods?

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Mortimer posted:

If the INI is in the right folder, then either he's using a really out-of-date version or he has SPERG set to a lower priority in Mod Organizer than the uncapper.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Iunnrais posted:

I'm using NMM, and having a hard time installing Immersive Armors v7, and Interesting NPCs. Interesting NPCs crashes NMM even before it opens just by being in the mod folder, and Immersive Armors v7 will allow me to try to install it, will bring up the dialog box asking me whether I want it to be compatible with some body mod I've never heard of before, but then it will halt mid-installation and say it was not successfully activated.

I don't really want to switch to MO, since in the past I've had issues with other mods not installing properly with it. Is there a manual way to install these two mods?

You don't want to. Switching to MO is painless and ultimately the way to go, as manually installing with MO consists of creating a folder and dragging and dropping the files into it.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
This game really is incredible when modded. I spent almost all of last weekend watching Gopher's videos and trying things out on my own. Wasn't sure if all the time invested was going to be worth it, but it really did transform it into a better and more immersive game. I'm thoroughly impressed by what the community has done over the past few years.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I don't know what's going on but I suddenly seem to be having trouble with third person mode - whenever I flick to it my camera seems to automatically center on the nearest NPC, and I can't look up or down when my weapon is drawn. First person view is completely unchanged and doesn't have any problems. I didn't add any mods, just started a new game. :psyduck:

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Gamepads might be screwing with the controls.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
With all the recent memory hacks and such that have come out, is there anything that's likely to address the problem of random, non-repeatable crashes that mostly occur when I'm just wandering around in the wilderness? Which don't require ENB?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

scamtank posted:

Gamepads might be screwing with the controls.

Disabled my gamepad and made sure it was completely removed. Things have been improved slightly as I can now look up and down...but not when I'm moving at all. Again, first person view is completely fine. This is a weird one.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Strudel Man posted:

With all the recent memory hacks and such that have come out, is there anything that's likely to address the problem of random, non-repeatable crashes that mostly occur when I'm just wandering around in the wilderness? Which don't require ENB?

That sounds like something fucky with your load order, or two mods trying to change the same cell without a patch, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Gyshall posted:

That sounds like something fucky with your load order, or two mods trying to change the same cell without a patch, etc.
Well, I've already BOSSed it. I don't think I have much that would be changing exteriors specifically, either. Immersive creatures and SkyRe might be doing it, but I imagine that would mostly be through spawn lists, rather than actually cell-specific changes.

• Locked thread