Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Xguard86 posted:

maybe you guys just have more free time or a higher standard or more discipline but I feel like getting in to train 2x a week + literally anything else physical I can manage is a huge victory at this point in my life.

Its really not only about time but about my body standing up to the strain and just the mental/physical energy I expend. I'm foggy and chronically sore if I train 4 times a week or stack heavy weights onto my routine.

IDK I'm not that old but I've def noticed how much I can handle dropping off in my late twenties versus early and I dont like it one bit.

Personally I just bought a used bench and bar + weights and stuck it in my garage and just force myself to lift either before breakfast or before dinner. That way I don't have to drive out to the gym just to do 5x5's. I only train BJJ once or twice a week though, my schedule is too busy for any more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

1st AD posted:

Personally I just bought a used bench and bar + weights and stuck it in my garage and just force myself to lift either before breakfast or before dinner. That way I don't have to drive out to the gym just to do 5x5's. I only train BJJ once or twice a week though, my schedule is too busy for any more.

you know I have a kettle bell and maybe I should try getting up a little early to work with it. Are there any light kettle bell workouts out there? I've got a book on doing the more intense stuff and I guess I could just "do that but less" but has anyone written a short workout?

Ridleys Revenge
Mar 24, 2007

B...B..BUT IM SUCH A "NICE GUY"!

ps if you see me post in E/N tell me to continue therapy for my anger and entitlement issues and stop behaving like a textbook example of a whiny twat
Late 20's is the prime of your athletic life, no better time to push it man!

Raenir Salazar I bet hiza guruma would change everything for you.

Ridleys Revenge fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Feb 4, 2014

Minclark
Dec 24, 2013

Xguard86 posted:

maybe you guys just have more free time or a higher standard or more discipline but I feel like getting in to train 2x a week + literally anything else physical I can manage is a huge victory at this point in my life.

Its really not only about time but about my body standing up to the strain and just the mental/physical energy I expend. I'm foggy and chronically sore if I train 4 times a week or stack heavy weights onto my routine.

IDK I'm not that old but I've def noticed how much I can handle dropping off in my late twenties versus early and I dont like it one bit.

I normally lift weights at the work gym which makes it easy I just hit it up during work hours the rest of the stuff I do after hours as a project/hobby/social time. I've always been high energy but I've noticed my energy depend son the stuff I eat. If I put crap like soda or pizza in my diet I will not have as much energy as if I had a protein shake, some fruit and veggies and some pasta. I'm not sure how well you eat but it would be where I would check for energy problems first. Second is sleeping at the same time every night and being awake for the rest of the time. Things like napping in the middle of the day can make your body and muscles lazy (or so it seems for me anyway).

I'm 28 now almost 29 and I have as much if not more energy than when I was late teens early twenties. Of course I couldn't afford good food back then and was living on the scraps I could afford... I hope some of this helps!

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

1st AD posted:

Are you seriously suggesting that in order to do a technique properly you should rely on the other person basically bullrushing forward and not defending?
I dunno, it's not like a punching bag hits back, either. All I'm saying is, it's easier to figure out how and why a technique works with a training partner who deliberately gives you an opening to try it out instead of turtling up and going full nope. Once you've got it down you can narrow that opening and practice reacting to it.

But yeah, I guess post was kinda useless in hindsight.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
He was specifically talking about randori is all. Your advice stands just fine when you're just learning the technique or just practicing it movements because your partner is gonna more or less give you the throw if you've done everything correctly.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Yeah, I guess randori's a thing of it's own.

So what the hell, I'm going to go try it out. The university judo club started its beginners' course three weeks ago, so I just sent 'em an email asking if I can come try it out next Saturday. The class is conveniently right before my karate club's free training session, at the same gym!
(Augh, it'll be three hours of rolling and stuff, I'm going to puke and die. :negative:)

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
I eat pretty well but maybe not enough volume and I'm religious about sleep.

Idk I guess it's not energy but just focus. I used to kind of phone it in at work and train hard but I've changed jobs and kind of changed my life outlook to try harder career wise.

Also my drat back muscles hurt constantly despite the two months of physical therapy and no bjj I did last year. Feel like I'm twice my age a lot of times because of that.

Lt. Shiny-sides
Dec 24, 2008

02-6611-0142-1 posted:

Why do you think there's a fundamental difference between free weights and bodyweight exercises? When you do a lot of pushups you're just doing a barbell bench press a lot of times at a low weight. There's literally no difference. When you bodyweight squat you're just doing a barbell squat with an extremely low weight. The limit of bodyweight exercises is that if you're attempting to build strength, you're going to need to start wearing weighted vests and things, and using a barbell is a simple way to add a difficulty curve to a motion. I don't understand the mindset that doing one motion becomes a different thing whether or not you've got a barbell in your hand.
You're no different mechanically from a guy who goes to a gym, puts 10kg on his barbell, then does 100 reps. And there's nothing wrong with that, it's just that you're developing endurance instead of strength.

I was going to respond to the bodyweight vs. freeweight debate, but this sums it all up perfectly.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

quote:

He was specifically talking about randori is all. Your advice stands just fine when you're just learning the technique or just practicing it movements because your partner is gonna more or less give you the throw if you've done everything correctly.

While maybe as a white belt this is "way" too soon for me to start thinking about it but I'm trying to figure out what my strengths are and how to play to them and see if I can get some points in by testing it during randori. I'm big/tall (5'11"), heavy (300 bls), and have a low center of gravity.

But I also have poor balance and endurance, and non existent patience.

What one guy suggested was that when someone is trying to what I describe as "pushing" and putting his weight towards me I should let go with the opposing arm, grab his gi near his neck and just drop with all 300 pounds I have to off balance the partner. I haven't quite yet managed to get this to work, but I'm thinking this plus that "down to my knees" move together might work if I can get the timing right.

Kicking out their legs hasn't really worked for me, nor osotogari as their arms do too well of a job at keeping me too far away to accomplish much other than possibly imbalancing myself.

I swear its like the worlds most physically exhausting puzzle game.

Xguard86 posted:

For me, I feel there's a lot of pressure (particularly from my family) to lose weight, so I'm trying to find avenues that might work during my off time.

Comrade_Robot
Mar 18, 2009

Raenir Salazar posted:

Speaking of weight lifting, what's a good suggestion for improving my judo endurance? To speed up my weight loss I was thinking doing weights on off days but not with any intention to build strength (another guy at my gym explained he did weight lifting and had a lot of strength but no endurance).

Friday I did some more randori; I like it a lot as it appeals to me as a sort of logic puzzle. I'm in a situation where I can't get the other guy to budge except in extreme weight category differences and he can't get me to budge (especially if I turtle up and lower my center of gravity).

But this is a problem as apparently competition the judges don't like stalemates so I'm trying to figure out "How do I break the lock?", so far it seems like this is only possible if someone "tries" something and then you get a short window in which to act. I definitely feel like "I know there is a something something I should do this second but WHAT!?"

I think I got one part of the solution on Friday when I was taught a move, I don't remember the name but from the standing position its about quickly going to my knees while putting my head under his arm while pulling said arm and then causing him to fall over you by shrugging somehow.

You're right; if you want to open a window, and you're not much bigger than your opponent, you have to get your opponent to move. I think that's kind of a next step, though. In order to play that game, you need to develop an attack which you feel confident in carrying out. If you like drop seio-nage, that's fine, but you have to drill to the point where you know deep inside that if you can get into position to attack drop seio-nage, you'll finish him. Then the trick is getting into a position where you can attack. Like, for example, as an o-soto-gari guy, I know that if I'm standing in a certain place relative to the other guy, and he's not controlling the right side of my body (because of gripping or something), I have a good chance at scoring. But I don't have to think about the mechanics of o-soto-gari because of the drilling I've done. My body is just always kind of waiting for that opening, and I kind of know some tricks to help create it.

Getting into that position can be tricky. Generally you can use combinations (footsweeps, etc.; for example, ko-uchi gari into seio-nage is very common. Or you can attack with one thing and attack again into their defense (forward-> backwards throws, like o-uchi gari into uchimata or something), movement (there are entries where you basically draw your opponent around; I like a drawing-around o-uchi gari), or power gripping, which isn't something I was ever really trained in. Basically you're getting them to move and attacking in the openings created in the movement.

My advice is to avoid depending on counter-throwing (waiting for somebody to try something), because this doesn't sharpen your own attacks. Chances are if you focus on countering people when they try something, they will get better and better at attacking and your window for countering will be smaller and smaller. Eventually you'll have a hard time countering and you'll probably realize that your own attacks are not as sharp as theirs.

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."

1st AD posted:

Are you seriously suggesting that in order to do a technique properly you should rely on the other person basically bullrushing forward and not defending?

Yeah it's more of a social setting that's like 80% fit women, also you might get some minor S&C done. I don't mind paying for the classes since I'm there so infrequently, but I'm really interested in doing modified versions of the exercises without the machine and adding them into my routine. Something like

Vinyasa yoga was really good for my body the couple times I did it, but some of the spiritual aspects of it are boring/annoying to me and I don't think I could do a class again.

Vinyasa yoga (actually most kinds of yoga) fluctuate wildly on the spirituality side of things depending on the teacher. Mine at the moment doesn't stop to talk about spirits, she's got is pretty constantly either flowing, stretching, balancing or conditioning. I think the big recommendation is to shop around, usually classes in gyms are going to more about conditioning the body (not always though, one teacher I had spent half the lesson talking about chakra and it was terrible).

From what I understand if you can get into a 'Body Balance' class it comprises of the more intense parts of yoga plus some Pilates and tai chi(?). In Australia at least you need to be certified to teach it so there is quality control and standards as well.

Ridleys Revenge
Mar 24, 2007

ps if you see me post in E/N tell me to continue therapy for my anger and entitlement issues and stop behaving like a textbook example of a whiny twat

Raenir Salazar posted:

Kicking out their legs hasn't really worked for me, nor osotogari as their arms do too well of a job at keeping me too far away to accomplish much other than possibly imbalancing myself.

I swear its like the worlds most physically exhausting puzzle game.

I'm not kidding about hiza guruma being The Answer to your problems. It will let you circle from a safe distance while simultaneously preventing your opponents from mirroring you and maintaining the stalemate. Whether the hiza throws them or not, it will give you a safe, easy way to maneuver them into vulnerable positions and perfectly complement your size and repertoire. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4XbzHPvTBM

Ridleys Revenge fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Feb 5, 2014

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Ridleys Revenge posted:

I'm not kidding about hiza guruma being The Answer to your problems. It will let you circle from a safe distance while simultaneously preventing your opponents from mirroring you and maintaining the stalemate. Whether the hiza throws them or not, it will give you a safe, easy way to maneuver them into vulnerable positions and perfectly complement your size and repertoire. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIYOue99feA

:devil:

Serious mode, I know I could probably ask an instructor tomorrow but when it comes to place ones foot above the outside side of the knee is that pushing on his knee so he flips over it when I pull him?

Ridleys Revenge
Mar 24, 2007

^I just switched the link, I think the new one (from the same guy) explains it better vs a defensive opponent. You don't really need to push or kick at his leg at all, it's more like stiff-arming with your leg. After you get out from in front of him, you just hold your foot out there and his knee will 'trip' over it when he tries to turn and face you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbrtbT4ivoY
This one calls it "supporting your opponent's knee" and I think that's very accurate.

Ridleys Revenge fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Feb 5, 2014

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Ridleys Revenge posted:

^I just switched the link, I think the new one (from the same guy) explains it better vs a defensive opponent. You don't really need to push or kick at his leg at all, it's more like stiff-arming with your leg. After you get out from in front of him, you just hold your foot out there and his knee will 'trip' over it when he tries to turn and face you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ait9J8SAAkU

:dance:

I don't know to what extent I need to go all in and master this technique but damnit I'm going all in. Tomorrow I'll ask for instruction on how to do it.

Which belt is this throw required to be known for the exam? Not Yellow for sure, though I almost have all the throws and holds for it 'known' (5 throws, 5 holds iirc).

Out of curiosity, assuming average talent what belt can I get to in roughly one and a half years? One of my instructions says brown belt is possible, that true?

Ridleys Revenge
Mar 24, 2007

That's great to hear, I really think it's the perfect throw for you. Hiza's a 1st gokyu throw, meaning it is supposed to be taught to white belts as one of the fundamental movements of Judo. It's hard to say how quickly you could rise to brown, because belt rank is based more on competency than on time spent training, but it took me ~3 years to get to brown (starting from no grappling experience whatsoever).

the JJ
Mar 31, 2011

Halloween Jack posted:

What's up with the wing chun teachers who need to argue that their martial art can beat up your martial art by doing demos with their owns students? When I studied karate, I certainly met a lot of people who were deluded about the efficacy of kempo, TKD, and every variety of strip-mall budo, but I've never seen "Sensei Tad shows how Goju-ryu chops beat MMA!" videos.

I'm really glad the wing chun I did was part of a boxing/BJJ/wrestling/muay thai set up. It still wasn't the best for a lot of reasons, but no one had a giant stick up their rear end about being better. My karate gym is the same, our main guy is also an aikido, kendo, and judoka, and our other sensei did a bunch of TKD and some boxing when he was younger.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
In other news, wrestling is still objectively the most entertaining combat sport.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H50tZLMBFGE

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Raenir Salazar posted:

Speaking of weight lifting, what's a good suggestion for improving my judo endurance?

Do more judo. When you get tired in practice, don't skip a round. I'm not trying to be a dick, but lifting/other stuff will help as an accessory, but if you want to get better at judo you have to just do more judo.

If you are so out of shape that any physical activity will help you, then do that. If you only do judo 2 days a week, then walk/run/lift for some period of time on off days.

Kimura said it best. There is no secret to judo, just hard work.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Novum posted:

In other news, wrestling is still objectively the most entertaining combat sport.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H50tZLMBFGE

Eeuuurrrrghhhhfffffff

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

hi liter posted:

Do more judo. When you get tired in practice, don't skip a round. I'm not trying to be a dick, but lifting/other stuff will help as an accessory, but if you want to get better at judo you have to just do more judo.

If you are so out of shape that any physical activity will help you, then do that. If you only do judo 2 days a week, then walk/run/lift for some period of time on off days.

Kimura said it best. There is no secret to judo, just hard work.

There's no secret to any combat sport. At the end of the day the most important thing is for you to work at your training. If you want to be able to go longer callisthenics and cardio endurance, if you want more explosive power and more strengths, add weight lifting.

I'll be honest. I'm a vain motherfucker, the only reason I lift heavy poo poo and watch my diet so much is because I want to look good. If I wanted to be the best grappler I could be I'd be running a couple of KMs every morning, training every night my body could stand it and doing poo poo most BJJ professionals recommend like Yoga for flexibility and body weight stuff for muscular endurance.

Do what makes you happy, but if you want to be good at an art form practice it. If you want to lift weights and it makes you happy do that too. I hate cardio work outs, I'll do 'em but I loving hate running so I don't do it.

I think most of us have a default setting to be lazy, if you don't enjoy what you're doing, you won't do it for long enough for it to help. No point in doing weights or running miles if you hate every second of it. Spend more time on the mats.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Xguard86 posted:

Xguard86 posted:

Idk I guess it's not energy but just focus. I used to kind of phone it in at work and train hard but I've changed jobs and kind of changed my life outlook to try harder career wise.

It's the work bro! And other things. In my current situation and earlier in life when I've trained 1000 times a week it has always required several convenient circumstances.

Like, right now I'm seeing someone who lives next door to the gym I go to and 15 minutes from the office I work in, so I can sleep, eat and do laundry there instead of spending half a day commuting. We're not that busy at the office because the economy is poo poo (lucky I still have a job!) so the hours are very flexible. And the person I'm seeing also trains almost every day making our work/training schedules pretty much the same, so that isn't a problem either. (I.e. no nagging about "you spending all your time punching your friends at the gym".) Even stuff like eating properly is easier and less of a hassle when there's two people around with somewhat similar interests when it comes to getting enough healthy food inside you often enough.

But I've had a few job interviews as of late and if I land any of them requiring me to commute more and work my rear end off for rent again I'm going to be lucky if I get to the gym 2-3 times a week, that's for sure.

I'm closer to mid thirties than late twenties :\

n3rdal3rt
Nov 2, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Raenir Salazar posted:

I think I got one part of the solution on Friday when I was taught a move, I don't remember the name but from the standing position its about quickly going to my knees while putting my head under his arm while pulling said arm and then causing him to fall over you by shrugging somehow.

Out of curiosity was it kata guruma from a kneeling position?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2q5Hb2Zz9wo

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

n3rdal3rt posted:

Out of curiosity was it kata guruma from a kneeling position?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2q5Hb2Zz9wo

Yup!

I went to class yesterday, I got some instruction for hiza guruma and some other move that's similar but involves placing the foot above the other guys foot instead of above the knee? It had a longass complicated name.

Forgot about randori though when I was still practicing groundwork with the Newbie-sensei (the sensei who instructs the beginners before they join the class) but probably for the best, I should master it first before trying to use it.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
Pretty much. You said you're 5'11" and 300 lbs, not trying to offend, but you should probably ease into the more rigorous stuff so your body has time to adapt and you don't hurt yourself or anything. If you focus on learning and the basic conditioning your body could easily shed like 25 lbs before you get to the point where you're really competitive in randori anyway.

e: Keep up the good work and enthusiasm!

n3rdal3rt
Nov 2, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Raenir Salazar posted:

I went to class yesterday, I got some instruction for hiza guruma and some other move that's similar but involves placing the foot above the other guys foot instead of above the knee? It had a longass complicated name.

Sasae Tsuri Komi Ashi or as we lazily call it "Sasae" because it is a long rear end name.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrmtaMeVQd4

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

n3rdal3rt posted:

Sasae Tsuri Komi Ashi or as we lazily call it "Sasae" because it is a long rear end name.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrmtaMeVQd4

Yeah exactly; an interesting thing is how I was showed at the dojo differs a bit from how they show it in these videos here.

In the videos in seems possible to do them from a standing position, the timing of the opponents leg work doesn't seem a priority, at the dojo in both cases its important to shift over to the side and place my leg only at the right time. Hrrm.

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
dude just fuckin take it easy, spend more time learning how to get thrown, you'll be an infinitely more valuable judo dude to everybody if you're chill and can move through basic techniques and not do any weird spazzy stuff

you're not gonna master this poo poo in in the foreseeable future, just keep going to class, don't stress the details too much

Dave Grool fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Feb 7, 2014

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I'm not stressing, that's just me picking this up as a new interest. :)

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
that was my shitastic way of saying it's more important for you to show up at the gym consistently than it is for you to worry the minutiae of whatever technique, just go and do judo and focus on being safe and keeping your training partners safe, the daily whatever technique your working on is really secondary

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

Raenir Salazar posted:

Yeah exactly; an interesting thing is how I was showed at the dojo differs a bit from how they show it in these videos here.

In the videos in seems possible to do them from a standing position, the timing of the opponents leg work doesn't seem a priority, at the dojo in both cases its important to shift over to the side and place my leg only at the right time. Hrrm.

Different people teach moves differently. People tend to focus on what helped them master a certain technique and/or what most people they thought it to had trouble figuring out.

Take it easy and don't worry too much/overthink stuff. Trust your coach and in a few months you might benefit from looking on the internet for additional help/pointers. Right now your coach should be the only person you follow in my opinion. It's very easy to misunderstand stuff from videos and/or learn from a terrible video when you're starting out. Your coach probably want you to do techniques a specific way for a reason so you learn "x" (timing, feeling your partner, foot work, being confortable falling, etc.) more than to learn the technique to be effective in randori.

I'm not saying don't ask questions here, it can obviously help, but not skipping classes, trusting your coach and focusing on the basics should be your top priorities right now.

themongol
Apr 30, 2006
Let us celebrate our agreement with the adding of chocolate to milk.
MT question: anyone has any tips on shadowboxing with kicks? Or video examples? Following through with the kick and turning your back just seems really counterintuitive to me. Thanks!

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

themongol posted:

MT question: anyone has any tips on shadowboxing with kicks? Or video examples? Following through with the kick and turning your back just seems really counterintuitive to me. Thanks!

You do that kind of spinning followthrough when the kick is the last in your combination. If the kick is mid-combo, you just sort of torque your hips halfway and show a knee lift instead of a kick. That applies to round kicks. Straight kicks you can still do fully. In fact, leaning your bodyweight into teeps is essential to being able to execute it effectively on a real body.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I have now 'learned' (i.e do them maybe 80% correctly under ideal circumstances) all the moves I need for the yellowbelt exam, now I just need to get them "knocked"! :D

The latest one, deashibarai I found to be pretty doable, not many mistakes while the ouchigari and kouuchigari are a little more difficult as that squat you try to do on one leg so you can better reap from the inside is kinda hard.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

So I went to check out the judo course, and what do you know, I had the greates time. Getting thrown around a lot with ippon seoi nages was really refreshing.

...But then, at the very end, I twisted the ankle I messed up way back in July. And then again when I slipped on ice on my way back. Now it hurts. Do you guys have any tips on supporting a sprained ankle during practice, or should I just start packing ice packs and being careful with it when at the gym? Tips to strengthen it are also welcome.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

Siivola posted:

So I went to check out the judo course, and what do you know, I had the greates time. Getting thrown around a lot with ippon seoi nages was really refreshing.

...But then, at the very end, I twisted the ankle I messed up way back in July. And then again when I slipped on ice on my way back. Now it hurts. Do you guys have any tips on supporting a sprained ankle during practice, or should I just start packing ice packs and being careful with it when at the gym? Tips to strengthen it are also welcome.

RICE it and take some time off.

Then slowly come back making sure ou tape the gently caress out of it (or buy some ankle support thing) accept that your ankle will always be poo poo.

You can see a physical therapist for advice on how to strenghten it, but they'll probably have you stand on one foot, then do the same on an unstable surface, then standing on one foot while going on your toes.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

I guess the moral of the story is, don't play basketball. It's not a safe sport. :(

the JJ
Mar 31, 2011

Siivola posted:

I guess the moral of the story is, don't play basketball. It's not a safe sport. :(

Basketball destroys ankles, soccer destroys knees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

the JJ posted:

Basketball destroys ankles, soccer destroys knees.

Sports get you injured but they help you be happy and not die at 50 of a heart attack so it's ok in the end I guess! Even stuff like swimming might end up ruining your shoulders. Human bodies are both awesome and ridiculously fragile at the same time.

• Locked thread