Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Some Numbers posted:

No, but the Winchesters killed Zeus.

Zeus was technically tag teamed by Prometehus and Artemisa though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Doesn't Hinduism have like a billion followers though? And lucifer still wrecked some in Hammer of the Gods.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
I think that the idea that Lucifer actually killed those gods is stupid. He's just an angel, he's not a god. He killed their vessels, that's it, that's what I'm believing. And without the vessels they fly off to godland and take some time to recup and get back to power.

Lucy slaughtering a bunch of god vessels? Sure. Killing a bunch of gods that are older than him and have billions of followers? What am I, gullible?

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Thinner reference! First thing I thought off at the opener too.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
This show is really good at making you feel for the cannon fodder. Showing the lady using the bridal magazine for inspiration makes her instantly sympathetic.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
This is Thinner meets Fargo

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

It's supposed to look like a smashed cinnamon roll
That guy was doing a great Mac impression from It's Always Sunny.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Oh gently caress it's a human sea lamprey

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

hope and vaseline posted:

Oh gently caress it's a human sea lamprey

I'm imagining that's how a ghoul feeds but I have no reference for that.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

They're really pushing the friendly monster angle this season huh? Precursor to the Chicago spinoff?

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
I really like how Sam just assumed there'd be no consequences to the hurtful stuff he said last week. I don't blame Dean for being passive aggressive.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Wow, they're actually building off of Sam's decision to abandon Dean to purgatory.

edit: dat preview. What the hell

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
This season is going to somehow end with Dean "trapped" in Heaven and Sam has to go rescue him.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Seriously, gently caress Sam. What an rear end in a top hat.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

An rear end in a top hat? If Dean had the trails and would have died to close hell, Sam said he'd let him die. Pretty good choice in the grand scheme of things.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
I don't know, maybe it's the word choice that just grates on me. Sam wants Dean to make these clinical calculated decisions and take emotion of out it, but only if they're the decisions that Sam approves of.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

No, Sam just told Dean that Dean saved him due to being selfish. He's pretty much on the ball there.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
I think I just hit a wall with my 'bro angst' for the season. Usually it doesn't bother me, but it did tonight.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
Nice to see a callback to Season One when every monster beat Sam by choking him out, instead of concussing him with a wall-toss!

So what's your favorite pishtaco recipe?

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

empty sea posted:

I think that the idea that Lucifer actually killed those gods is stupid. He's just an angel, he's not a god. He killed their vessels, that's it, that's what I'm believing. And without the vessels they fly off to godland and take some time to recup and get back to power.

Lucy slaughtering a bunch of god vessels? Sure. Killing a bunch of gods that are older than him and have billions of followers? What am I, gullible?

Supernatural has a Christian-supremacist mythology. There may be gods, but they're not a candle compared to God, and everything we have seen indicates that Lucifer is in the top 5 most powerful entities in existence.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

GreenNight posted:

No, Sam just told Dean that Dean saved him due to being selfish. He's pretty much on the ball there.

Dean has caused some serious problems due to his saving Sam, the biggest being STARTING THE loving APOCALYPSE.

When he made his deal to save Sam in season 2 he got 1 year in exchange for bringing Sam back, and Hell needed a "pure soul" to shed blood to start the trials/gates what have you because Father Winchester wasn't breaking.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
The word you are looking for is seal.

Was kinda surprised by Dean going all GOTTA KILL EM ALL considering his besty a season or two ago was a vampire.

If Snooki doesn't somehow get shivved next week, I am gonna be pissed.

Hoping they move past the passive aggressive stuff next week without falling into the "DEAN IS SUCH A BADASS WATCH HIM TAKE OUT ALL THESE MONSTERS" cause, drat that's lazy writing. Sam's pretty much right. Dean always saving Sam (or Sam always getting saved) ends up causing all kinds of poo poo to go bad. Soulless Sam was Cas's fault but still, dick move. Crazy Sam was from Dean wanting to shove a scarred soul back into Soulless Sam.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
It would have been nice for Sam to confront Dean about his racism towards anything not human, instead we got another argument about the same old things.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
The "BUT THEY'RE MONSTERS!!!" shtick makes even less sense because this episode comes right after the Garth one. They just decided it was totally cool for those werewolves to not die and then immediately pull the same poo poo next episode.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Lawlicaust posted:

The "BUT THEY'RE MONSTERS!!!" shtick makes even less sense because this episode comes right after the Garth one. They just decided it was totally cool for those werewolves to not die and then immediately pull the same poo poo next episode.

The werewolves hadn't actually killed anyone though and it sounds like they were unfamiliar with that type of creature.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

This episode was kind of a mess but it's nice to hear Sam call Dean out.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
Sam's been ok with dying since Season 2. Let him do it!

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
Sam - What if I had crossed paths with a hunter back when I was possessed by Gadreel? I could've ended up dead, too. Would I have deserved that? Would I have deserved to die?

Dean - Alright, I see your point. Now, let's go stab a million demons in the gut.

Sam - Hell yeah :hfive:

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
I figured this out.

All those chokings and wall smashings have given Sam a very specific form of short term amnesia where he forgets that they've had this discussion before.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

computer parts posted:

The werewolves hadn't actually killed anyone though and it sounds like they were unfamiliar with that type of creature.

Dean has let werewolves go before in season 8 in that found footage episode.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Dean just needs to sleep with some hot monster and he'll change his tune quick.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

GreenNight posted:

Dean just needs to sleep with some hot monster and he'll change his tune quick.

He did have a vampire inside of him.

Merlinicus
May 3, 2011

bobkatt013 posted:

He did have a vampire inside of him.

Dean's character strikes me as really inconsistent at times, mostly because of stuff like that. At one point, oh this guy's fine. Another? Nope, anything monster must die even when it's clear there's no problem.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Merlinicus posted:

Dean's character strikes me as really inconsistent at times, mostly because of stuff like that. At one point, oh this guy's fine. Another? Nope, anything monster must die even when it's clear there's no problem.

Since Dean's pretty much a Psycho that mades kind of sense, were Dean didn't have anything to anchor himself (Sam, Castiel, Lisa, Benny) he would've gone off to the deep end a long time ago.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Since Dean's pretty much a Psycho that mades kind of sense, were Dean didn't have anything to anchor himself (Sam, Castiel, Lisa, Benny) he would've gone off to the deep end a long time ago.

Yeah remember it was Dean who broke in hell and started torturing, even though he had been there considerably less time than John.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

aBagorn posted:

Yeah remember it was Dean who broke in hell and started torturing, even though he had been there considerably less time than John.

He was also happy killing demons in purgatory.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

bobkatt013 posted:

He was also happy killing demons everything except his stand-in brother in purgatory.

There, clarified.

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
You know Dean is suppose to be this awesome warrior, but doesn't Sam kick his rear end every time? I can't even remember any of those times, but I always thought those parts were weird.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Hi. I've really enjoyed shows like the X-Files, Sanctuary, Dexter, The Invisible Man, and did I mention the X-Files. I watched the first 3 episodes of Supernatural S1 and I'm finding myself completely underwhelmed. Two guys go around solving mysteries in order to stop ghosts/monsters... okay, AND?!?

Is this one of those shows with a shaky first ~5 episodes before coming into full bloom, or is it just something I wont take to?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

Femur posted:

You know Dean is suppose to be this awesome warrior, but doesn't Sam kick his rear end every time? I can't even remember any of those times, but I always thought those parts were weird.

Sam's a giant who actually works out, and who has watched Dean's fighting style all his life. Dean's a drunk punk! He wins sometimes though.

quote:

Is this one of those shows with a shaky first ~5 episodes before coming into full bloom, or is it just something I wont take to?

It is DEFINITELY a show that starts out weak and gets better. You may not love it in the end, but the first few episodes are pretty wishywashy to what comes on in the 2nd half of S1 and all of S2.

• Locked thread