Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hazza
Mar 25, 2005

I couldn't see him, therefore I knew he was there.

marktheando posted:

Haha, Cameron has never drank a pint in his life.
I hate to come to his defence, even if they were almost certainly photo-ops, but technically...

But of course, he doesn't even come close to:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

hazza posted:

I hate to come to his defence, even if they were almost certainly photo-ops, but technically...

Those are photoshops to make him seem more common.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

God drat it, those Express cartoons just... Eurgh. Can we just not post them? They have never been well drawn, made a funny joke or made an incisive point, nor will they ever. Even Mac at least has a vaguely charming art style and something that might be considered a debateable opinion, if you squint. There is nothing to redeem the Express cartoons; they're too lazy to even have fun sneering at.
They have wildlife that you can find badly hidden in the background. He should really just stick to that.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Cameron looks like he's thinking of his happy place in every single one of those shots. I don't think I've ever seen Farage without a pint, even if he's just out in the street talking to his staff

What is the point of BoB? Why does he have a job? Nepotism? I don't understand it. Thomas makes sense, because it's the loving Express, so his combination of simplistic scrawling, bland inanity, royals, vicious xenophobia and poor-hating, popular celebs and middle-England observations are perfect for his audience. BoB just does childish 'lol milband iz dum' jokes and incredibly lazy caricatures using whatever demo software came with his Wacom tablet - is that what Telegraph readers are looking for? Are they from the kids' section? Help me out here

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

God drat it, those Express cartoons just... Eurgh. Can we just not post them? They have never been well drawn, made a funny joke or made an incisive point, nor will they ever. Even Mac at least has a vaguely charming art style and something that might be considered a debateable opinion, if you squint. There is nothing to redeem the Express cartoons; they're too lazy to even have fun sneering at.

They're efficient, reliably political and the guy can draw faces if he wants to unlike Stephen Collins.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

I just noticed in every shot where Cameron has a branded glass, he's turned the logo perfectly full-on to the camera, even where it's supposed to be a candid shot, so everyone can see he's Keeping It Real

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FnmnuDiVno

Private Eye
Jul 12, 2010

Don't be so bloody gay, Cambo

marktheando posted:

Those are photoshops to make him seem more common.

They doctored a pint into his hands?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Dog days for Dave - Chris Riddell on David Cameron trying to bring the Tory right to heel"

Sunday Telegraph:

Cameron and Hollande differ over reforms to EU; Six Nations 2014: France 26-24 England :france:

Independent on Sunday:

Flooding: 'Everything possible being done', says Owen Paterson

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

Cloud Potato posted:

Independent on Sunday:

Flooding: 'Everything possible being done', says Owen Paterson

I see the fox but where's the badger???

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

hazza posted:

Notice if the glass has a logo on it, its perfectly aligned to the photographer.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
The last image appears to have a logo facing the opposite direction, though most of the others fit the description. Possibly its just dumb luck or logos covering up more of the glass these days?

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Cliff Racer posted:

The last image appears to have a logo facing the opposite direction, though most of the others fit the description. Possibly its just dumb luck or logos covering up more of the glass these days?
Do you mean SamCam's glass? It's possible she's just off message, or doesn't actually need to curry favour with the electorate. (Remember when the Tory press were fawning over her almost endlessly?)

The 'good for sharing a drink with' political meme is fairly ridiculous. Nothing beats the 57.3% of undecided American voters who would rather share a beer with the teetotal George W Bush than John Kerry though.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
No, sorry I hosed up and accidentally lost track of the conversation. The image I was referring to was Farage drinking with an obscured logo.

If anything Sam's glass is also showing off the logo in her image, its just harder to see as its an imprint without color.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Private Eye posted:

They doctored a pint into his hands?

They photoshopped the Pimms or whatever other posh person thing he was drinking to make it look like beer.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the broadside aimed by David Laws at Michael Gove"

Telegraph:

Boris Johnson offers to join Tube strike talks

Independent:

Gove praises Ofsted head but 'roles need refreshing'

Times:

Cloud Potato fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Feb 3, 2014

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

hazza posted:

It's of course small fry compared to almost everything else he does, but Farage's appropriation of real ale as part of his 'proper British :britain:' schtick really gets to me.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
The link between real ale and reactionary little Englanders © Nigel Farage, apparently.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

... yes?

I don't know how many CAMRA members you've met, but they're mostly somewhere on the spectrum from ageing hippie to trainspotter.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Michael Gove's education policies - Education secretary blames unions and academics for poor standards in the past as he laughs off off cronyism claims" After Alexander Rodchenko.

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Mail:
"Pre-nups before marriage are to be made law"

quote:

“Before my client says yes, is there any advance on the house, the car and £2000. A month?”

Express:

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

I love how literally no one likes Gove :allears:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Forums Terrorist posted:

Face only a mother could love.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Pilchenstein posted:

Face only a mother could love.

It helps that Morlocs are pretty much blind.

BastardySkull
Apr 12, 2007

Illuyankas posted:

It helps that Morlocs are pretty much blind.

Do you not mean Murlocs?

Betjeman
Jul 14, 2004

Biker, Biker, Biker GROOVE!

Forums Terrorist posted:

I'm pretty sure Murdoch loves him as he wants to privatise schools, and Murdoch wants to own the curriculum.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
A perfect opportunity to draw a "fox in the hen house" and he blows it. For shame.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

In a fit of irony, Michael Gove inspects a new school built on 1/10th of a normal budget, and is killed when the school collapses due to meeting 0 of the required safety standards.

hazza
Mar 25, 2005

I couldn't see him, therefore I knew he was there.

Drone_Fragger posted:

In a fit of irony, Michael Gove inspects a new school built on 1/10th of a normal budget, and is killed when the school collapses due to meeting 0 of the required safety standards.

We can pray. :allears:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Boris Johnson's broken London Underground pledge – When Boris Johnson ran for mayor in 2008, he signed a petition calling for London Underground to abandon plans to 'drastically reduce the opening hours' of ticket offices"

Telegraph:

Facebook at 10: Zuckerberg hails 'incredible journey'

Independent:

Somerset flood delay a 'tragedy', says Prince Charles

Times:

Who Wants To Be a Millionaire's best bits

Mail:
"Prince Charles and Camilla have visited the flooded area of Somerset."

quote:

“Remember to curtsey this time, Doris. Here comes Camilla.”

Express:

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

DREDGE OUR RIVERS

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

We're dredging something all right

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
Is the guy with the fox in his boat doing a real world version of that riddle where you have to get a fox, a rabbit, and a lettuce across a river?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

There looks to be a whale fluke in the background, to the left of the policeman.
Also I love how all of the royalist papers hate Prince Charles.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

If loving only.

nuzak
Feb 13, 2012

a) pee pee, b) doo doo, c) he is a bad prospective prime minister

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

I thought the phrase was 'and what is it that you do?'. 'Do you come here often?' is a pick-up line, isn't it?

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Whybird posted:

I thought the phrase was 'and what is it that you do?'. 'Do you come here often?' is a pick-up line, isn't it?

It's just an example of a really banal, safe question, as (some) royals are famous for asking. ("Have you lived here long?")

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Telegraph:

Tube strike: London Underground action disrupts commuters

Independent:

Times:

Mail:
"The storms have wrecked the railway line near Dawlish in Devon."

quote:

“Well honestly. Last year it was leaves on the line. What’s the excuse this time?”

Express:

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.

That panda has seen some serious poo poo.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

And another whale in the toy-box! New animal, calling it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
I hope we get whales! Will be a great addition if we do and a much harder one to cheese out on than the badger (or as I like to call it the "three lines most of the time.")

• Locked thread