Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
"boris, dogs are back in 2319"

"did last pay check bounce?"

"yes"

"well, dogs will stay in 2319 then I guess."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Ogre
Dec 31, 2007

Guns don't kill people.

I do.

Adventure Pigeon posted:

foreign visitors not appreciate dog in hotel room

who need furniture or working toilet when you get loving pet/meal?

Is five star experience!

Something not working? Wake up Sasha, he sleep in your wall, give him Vodka and he fix problems!

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.

A Buttery Pastry posted:

It's excellent planning, a lot of rich Russians got a lot of money out of this! Too bad about the workers not being paid, and eating dog food.

the workers will be compensated by allowing them to live in the hotels during and long after the olympics. they get to steal everything that isn't nailed down and sell it on the black market, too.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Fat Ogre posted:

It should just be common knowledge at this point that you shouldn't drink or really use the tap water in any country that doesn't speak English by default and even then you should still be cautious.

lol yes be very wary if you go to Norway, the natives will probably try to scam you as well

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

Phlegmish posted:

lol yes be very wary if you go to Norway, the natives will probably try to scam you as well

US residents probably wouldn't handle water that clean/chemical free all that well, so the advice stands.

Fat Ogre
Dec 31, 2007

Guns don't kill people.

I do.

Phlegmish posted:

The rest of the world learned this when a little thing called the viking invasions happened. hth

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Adventure Pigeon posted:

the workers will be compensated by allowing them to live in the hotels during and long after the olympics. they get to steal everything that isn't nailed down and sell it on the black market, too.
I see, a bit like old-timey warfare then.

Fat Ogre posted:

The rest of the world learned this when a little thing called the viking invasions happened. hth
The vikings were incredibly honest about their intentions.

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012
I remember when I was in St Petersburg the tap water in my hotel came out yellow, didn't drink it but I did have a bath in it for some reason

The rest of this poo poo is completely loving hysterical, first time I've ever been excited for the winter olympics.

Clayren
Jun 4, 2008

grandma plz don't folow me on twiter its embarassing, if u want to know what animes im watching jsut read the family newsletter like normal

Fat Ogre posted:

A raid is not a scam, that is negotiating from a strong position.

Fat Ogre
Dec 31, 2007

Guns don't kill people.

I do.
I'm wondering if the Olympic stadium will be as haphazardly put together as the hotels are.

Like wild dogs on the bobsled track.

The luge track is half finished and Russian workers are sleeping in it.

Don't get snow from slalom on face it has something in it.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Phlegmish posted:

the trick is to drink vodka until you stop caring

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
So when they have to make artificial snow for the skiing/snowboarding events, will they use the yellow water?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i really want to see an athlete get a gold in these olympics and then come out as gay

just throw a big gay pride flag on themselves on live tv on the podium

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012

Cannot Find Server posted:

i really want to see an athlete get a gold in these olympics and then come out as gay

*is shot by police sniper and immediately devoured by stray dogs*

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

I don't think Putin would do that.

Kombotron
Aug 11, 2011

quote:

someone had left an indeterminate amount of semen on the sheets of the second bed, and those sheets had been taken away for cleaning, and hadn’t come back.

Three Olives posted:

I kind of want to visit one of these hotels. I mean not stay there but just see the trainwreck first hand.

you are already there liar

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

They should add some new events:

Water chugging contest
Musical hotel rooms
Wild dog run
Dodge a Russian cop
Spot the terrorist

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Someone, please go to Sochi and fire up Grindr and see how many hits you get

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

Fat Ogre posted:

I'm wondering if the Olympic stadium will be as haphazardly put together as the hotels are.

Like wild dogs on the bobsled track.

The luge track is half finished and Russian workers are sleeping in it.

Don't get snow from slalom on face it has something in it.

think positive

obstacle course makes olympics better

how will figure skaters do with pack of wild dogs chasing them? tune in and find out

A Buttery Pastry posted:

I see, a bit like old-timey warfare then.

it is not correct to think of them as construction workers who engage in a bit of banditry, but as bandits who occasionally try at construction

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I heard Putin's 18 year old gymnast girlfriend has some role in the opening ceremony. Should be smooth.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

I'm hoping for a gayer repeat of 1968.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Three Olives posted:

I kind of want to visit one of these hotels. I mean not stay there but just see the trainwreck first hand.

How will you live without your Keurig?

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

redshirt posted:

Dodge a Russian cop
this was already a gameshow called the Intercept

here is a car, if you can evade the russian police you can keep it

consolation prize is a police baton, delivered repeatedly to your head

Malinois
Jun 13, 2003

Drink water, is fine! Put hair on chest, make strong like bear! If bother you, put wodka in, good as new!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Malinois posted:

Drink water, is fine! Put hair on chest, make strong like bear! If bother you, put wodka in, good as new!

I'm imagining it going to a swirl and then suddenly becoming crystal clear.

I also like to think as soon as the fireworks go off everything becomes super stereotypically gay and covered in rainbows.

Somehow this will be the most magical olympics in my lifetime.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

Entropic posted:

Sochi 2014: An Indeterminate Amount of Semen

Thread title right here

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Crewmine posted:

I remember when I was in St Petersburg the tap water in my hotel came out yellow, didn't drink it but I did have a bath in it for some reason

Are you talking about St. Petersburg, Florida? Too hard to tell.

redshirt posted:

I heard Putin's 18 year old gymnast girlfriend has some role in the opening ceremony. Should be smooth.

Welp, she's already won all the golds.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

redshirt posted:

They should add some new events:

Water chugging contest
Musical hotel rooms
Wild dog run
Dodge a Russian cop
Spot the terrorist

Team Construction Challenge
Spot the problems
Semen-bedsheet taste test
Scavenger hunt

Rivethead
Feb 22, 2008

"In another case, a 31-mile rail and road link to the site of the ski and snowboard events cost $8.7 billion, more than the entire cost of the last Winter Olympics."

No corruption here...move along!

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

i hope the terrorists are coordinating their suicide bombings

there's probably nothing more embarrassing than getting ready to blow yourself up when you're taken out by another bomber five seats away

you want to end up in paradise, not on a blooper reel!

Clayren
Jun 4, 2008

grandma plz don't folow me on twiter its embarassing, if u want to know what animes im watching jsut read the family newsletter like normal
An Orthodox priest is called in to exorcise a particularly intelligent pack of rabid dogs living in the halfpipes for the snowboard freestyle.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Adventure Pigeon posted:

i hope the terrorists are coordinating their suicide bombings

there's probably nothing more embarrassing than getting ready to blow yourself up when you're taken out by another bomber five seats away

you want to end up in paradise, not on a blooper reel!

I don't know it sounds to me like all the terrorists are going to have to do is stay home and watch on TV.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

redshirt posted:

I've never got this. So, you wipe your rear end then throw it in the trash? On top of the last dude's lovely TP?

they're lucky they even have tp

one of the jobs for spies during the cold war was collecting documents from the trash in soviet defense ministries that had been used to wipe asses

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

If the poo poo really hits the fan, you know there's gonna be Russian heads rolling as Putin demands "accountability"

Yes comrade, letting the homosexuals win medals was your last chance.

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

Clayren posted:

An Orthodox priest is called in to exorcise a particularly intelligent pack of rabid dogs living in the halfpipes for the snowboard freestyle.

discovers two are actually construction workers who have become disoriented from the water

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

the towering guy is the most russian man i have ever seen

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

BigBoss posted:

I'm only thing about FBS and NFL games. If you throw in FBS and below, plus any NBA, MLB, NHL, and NASCAR events that may be going on, the amount of people moving around for sporting events in just any random weekend in the USA is insane. From a logistics and dollars standpoint, having every single Olympics in the US is the smart thing to do.

But the IOC hates the US and is all butthurt because Obama has better poo poo to do than kiss their rear end so we get Sochi or whatever.

except the olympics never ever make money for teh host so why bother with yet another handout to the rest of the world

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

So why's everyone so mad about the shooting stray dogs thing? Isn't that what you're supposed to do to stray dogs? I'm really not following.

Malinois
Jun 13, 2003

Iron Crowned posted:

I don't know it sounds to me like all the terrorists are going to have to do is stay home and watch on TV.

No kidding. You know those videos of deck parties at spring break? Like that but with thousands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
How do you think the networks will cover this? Like really dig at Russia or just ignore it and say 'there were some issues, but alls good'. I bet the later, else the IOC negate their TV contract.

• Locked thread