Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DoctorStrangelove posted:

So why's everyone so mad about the shooting stray dogs thing? Isn't that what you're supposed to do to stray dogs? I'm really not following.

You're supposed to use a spear or run them down in your truck. Bullets are inhumane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.

So why's everyone so mad about the shooting stray dogs thing? Isn't that what you're supposed to do to stray dogs? I'm really not following.

my prediction is when it turns out that the majority of opening ceremony props are unfinished and/or stolen, they will herd all of the dogs into the arena and have them do battle with chechen workers

winner will receive olympic park after games

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

it's a code word for armenians

Fat Ogre
Dec 31, 2007

Guns don't kill people.

I do.
All of the medals aren't actually gold or silver or bronze anymore.

They just give you different colored track suits, and cigarettes depending on how well you did in your event.

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

Fat Ogre posted:

All of the medals aren't actually gold or silver or bronze anymore.

They just give you different colored track suits, and cigarettes depending on how well you did in your event.

dashcam participation award

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Adventure Pigeon posted:

my prediction is when it turns out that the majority of opening ceremony props are unfinished and/or stolen, they will herd all of the dogs into the arena and have them do battle with chechen workers

winner will receive olympic park after games

unless the winner is chechens

then they will receive bombs

only bombs for chechens

Malinois
Jun 13, 2003

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Takes dogwhistle politics to a whole new level.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Adventure Pigeon posted:

dashcam participation award

new event: dashcam slalom

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
What did Russia do to deserve the olympics anyway

oh hey lets give 'em to an authoritarian strongman in a shithole country, no way this'll be bad

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Presented by Liveleaks.

Gilgameshback
May 18, 2010

You want pillow? Share with Evgeny. If he is dead, you take, no charge.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Monkey Fracas posted:

oh hey lets give 'em to an authoritarian strongman in a shithole country, no way this'll be bad

bribed the poo poo out of the IOC

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Monkey Fracas posted:

The IOC is more corrupt than Russia.

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

drunks staggering around on slope will make dynamic obstacle course

car overloaded with hay and several military vehicles will be there as well

no one knows why

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

A Buttery Pastry posted:

we have successfully dealt with the stray dog problem

*soldiers pushing wheelbarrows full of dead Caucasians pass by in the background*

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Monkey Fracas posted:

China worked out ok

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Adventure Pigeon posted:

drunks staggering around on slope will make dynamic obstacle course

car overloaded with hay and several military vehicles will be there as well

no one knows why

new event: 2 man skeleton and luge. as in 2 of them go down at the same time

they both die because the track isnt complete

Fat Ogre
Dec 31, 2007

Guns don't kill people.

I do.
I'm just laughing at all the 20 somethings that busted their assess for the last 4 years to finally go to the Olympics.

Stories of previous Winter Olympics float through their heads, and how this is a chance to go to a far away magical place and compete on the world stage.

And then they finally get to Sochi and all they hear is the sad trumpet wah-wah sound constantly playing in their head as they dodge wild dogs, drunken construction workers only to wind up in an Olympic dorm that is barely above what we give to inmates in US County Jails.

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

oh hey here's a little article title for you

quote:

Sochi Olympics venues, sports infrastructure most modern in the world – IOC official

and here's a pic of the ioc guy

basically the ioc is a bunch of descendants of european nobility that decided they wanted to be bribed a lot and they brought their sycophants along for the ride

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
my dumbass friend I was hanging out with during the super bowl says Russia only became hosed up after THE COMMIES took over

it has always been a craphole lol

new event for Sochi: automobile crash fraud avoidance. They just drive around the roads outside of town, no dashcam help.

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

new event: 2 man skeleton and luge. as in 2 of them go down at the same time

they both die because the track isnt complete

wild dogs win event

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
wild dogs sweep every event

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I am having fun imaging what the grounds will look like 1 month after the olympics are over

Probably like Chernobyl looks now

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Monkey Fracas posted:

I am having fun imaging what the grounds will look like 1 month after the olympics are over

Probably like Chernobyl looks now

all the buildings are prob suspiciously well insured and will all have burned down within a week of the events ending

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Monkey Fracas posted:

new event for Sochi: automobile crash fraud avoidance. They just drive around the roads outside of town, no dashcam help.

new event inspired by saints row: insurance fraud. you win if you sustain the most bodily harm and get the insurance payout. watch out for dash cams.

Seoinin posted:

:golfclap:

Begby
Apr 7, 2005

Light saber? Check. Black boots? Check. Codpiece? Check. He's more machine than kid now.

Fat Ogre posted:

And then they finally get to Sochi and all they hear is the sad trumpet wah-wah sound constantly playing in their head as they dodge wild dogs, drunken construction workers only to wind up in an Olympic dorm that is barely above what we give to inmates in US County Jails.

The articles I have read so far say that the stuff for the athletes is actually pretty good except that the beds for the hockey players were hilariously small given how big those dudes are. That was their first priority. Apparently the bottom of their hit list was where the journalists are all staying.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Adventure Pigeon posted:

oh hey here's a little article title for you

and here's a pic of the ioc guy

basically the ioc is a bunch of descendants of european nobility that decided they wanted to be bribed a lot and they brought their sycophants along for the ride

Can I have a link to that? I want to read the context, if there is one.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
I really don't see how anyone is surprised by any of this. History has shown that large groups of foreigners going to Russia during the winter never turns out well.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Seoinin posted:

those dogs were born in russia, russia wins every gold medal

there's no rule against eating the other athletes

PlotDevice
Oct 10, 2007

*For the Ghost Who Flies Through Space

Seoinin posted:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

biathalon rules of biathlon are changed so wild dogs are the targets

several teams disappear

edit: http://rt.com/news/sochi-modern-venues-ioc-273/

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This problem will be solved by good olde free market capitalism. You already got reporters trading light bulbs for door handles. I bet there is tons of Russians on the way over now with their cars overloaded with building supplies looking to get rich. By the time the Olympics is over everyone will have completed their own hotel rooms through black market barter. Each hotel will then promptly collapse.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

For the record, Sochi was awarded the Olympics back in 2007, so you can understand how tight the deadline has been to get stuff ready.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Begby posted:

The articles I have read so far say that the stuff for the athletes is actually pretty good except that the beds for the hockey players were hilariously small given how big those dudes are. That was their first priority. Apparently the bottom of their hit list was where the journalists are all staying.
The Russian hockey players will have excellent accommodations though.

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
whats the over/under on the polonium content in the yellow water?

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

DrPlump posted:

This problem will be solved by good olde free market capitalism. You already got reporters trading light bulbs for door handles. I bet there is tons of Russians on the way over now with their cars overloaded with building supplies looking to get rich. By the time the Olympics is over everyone will have completed their own hotel rooms through black market barter. Each hotel will then promptly collapse.

there are probably already semi-official lightbulb rates for ticket updates

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Adventure Pigeon posted:

biathalon rules of biathlon are changed so wild dogs are the targets

several teams disappear

edit: http://rt.com/news/sochi-modern-venues-ioc-273/

changed from a circular track to just try to survive long enough to make it to the finish line

their 22s are replaced with AKs

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

the german and finnish teams have mysteriously disappeared overnight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Adventure Pigeon posted:

wild dogs win event

this is gonna be the saddest air bud movie ever