Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Fat Ogre posted:

That is from a meteor streaking across the sky and the dude barely reacts. Like the sky being on fire in Russia is a normal thing.

there was another one where the guy thought that WWIII had started in a very monotone voice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Not a single fucking olive in sight

Good Citizen posted:

Ha ha

Hmmmmm better open this suspicious russian e-mail i just received

what? hacked? Who are these computer wizards?

He says his Mac, Galaxy S4 and Windows computer were all hacked, if they were up to date and he didn't stupidly open up a trojan are there even known un-patched exploits for those devices? Did Russia just decide to unleash a bunch of zero day exploits?

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Philosopher King posted:

I'm not sure I totally understand whats going on here. I've seen tons of these where people act retarded but I can't spot it here.
a meteorite shoots through the sky and crashes nearby

the light from this irritates him mildly so he puts down his sunshade

at no point does his expression change

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Devils Affricate posted:

So when they have to make artificial snow for the skiing/snowboarding events, will they use the yellow water?

This is going to be amazing.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Philosopher King posted:

I'm not sure I totally understand whats going on here. I've seen tons of these where people act retarded but I can't spot it here.

It's a loving meteor hurling toward russia, and all the guy does is put down his visor and not react at all.

Edit - I was actually the first person to explain this.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Phlegmish posted:

we think the russians are incompetent but this actually makes complete sense if you remember that they hate journalists and want them to die

have you watched the news lately?

they have a point

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Three Olives posted:

He says his Mac, Galaxy S4 and Windows computer were all hacked, if they were up to date and he didn't stupidly open up a trojan are there even known un-patched exploits for those devices? Did Russia just decide to unleash a bunch of zero day exploits?

Yeah but he totally did open up a trojan and is clearly an idiot

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Philthy posted:

This is going to be amazing.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

nothing warms my nationalist heart more than seeing our rivals faceplant hilariously

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.

Devils Affricate posted:

So when they have to make artificial snow for the skiing/snowboarding events, will they use the yellow water?

skis will start disintegrating halfway down the slope

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Adventure Pigeon posted:

skis will start disintegrating halfway down the slope

skier launches off of slope as flying fireball, disintegrates in midar

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Lawman 0 posted:

nothing warms my nationalist heart more than seeing our rivals faceplant hilariously

are you from kyrgyzstan

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Call Me Abey posted:

What do you think the odds are that looters will end up stripping the olympic winners' medals for copper?

why do you think all the manhole covers are missing? they pulled them up and melted them down to make the medals.

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

Monkey Fracas posted:

"almost a perfect score, phil! it's just a shame the wild dogs got him before he was able to regain his balance and you know they gotta take some points off for that!"

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Monkey Fracas posted:

9.7 FRANCE

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

$50 billion and they can't even bother to proofread what Google translate spits out.

Fat Ogre
Dec 31, 2007

Guns don't kill people.

I do.
In this part of Russia, our major local exports are screams, wild dogs and dysentery.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Dauntasa posted:

this was already a gameshow called the Intercept

here is a car, if you can evade the russian police you can keep it

consolation prize is a police baton, delivered repeatedly to your head

Please tell me a place I can view this on Netflix or something.

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

"while the olympics is about international sports, we're going to take a moment to look at some local sporting events now to really immerse ourselves in sochi"

*shows clip of a bunch of filthy children age 8-11 beating a dog with planks, camera shakes as children run away from large pack of dogs arriving from off camera. an obese, drunken man watches from the door of a grey, concrete apartment building. his penis is barely visible*

"wow! that was great, back to you tom."

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
It no problem! We make Olympics!

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

*Putin Youth arrives moments later to investigate reports of unpatriotic journalism*

*journalists die*

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
the Chechens just must be laughing and laughing at this poo poo

they didn't even have to blow anything up, hell you could probably kick half those buildings down

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
So, how much of the $51 billion did Putin put into his various bank accounts?

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Can someone explain to me what the official reasoning was for holding the olympics in Sochi instead of the 100 other cities in Russia that actually get snow and have better infrastructure?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

haha just found out the winter olympics are starting on the 7th of february

that's two days from now, holy poo poo

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012
The thread icon is very appropriate considering that russia apparently forgot they were doing the olympics

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
drunken russians passing out in imported snowbanks

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012

Seltzer posted:

Can someone explain to me what the official reasoning was for holding the olympics in Sochi instead of the 100 other cities in Russia that actually get snow and have better infrastructure?

Putin likes to take holidays in Sochi. He feels that these holidays are making him soft, so the solution is to dump $50b on the town and watch it completely implode

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

What are the odds of a catastrophic stadium collapse? I seem to remember the Athens Olympics also seemed like a disaster in waiting until the last possible minute and then it all worked out OK.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Monkey Fracas posted:

What did Russia do to deserve the olympics anyway

oh hey lets give 'em to an authoritarian strongman in a shithole country, no way this'll be bad

Cream_Filling posted:

China worked out ok
China is authoritarian the scary efficient way, whereas Russia is authoritarian in the corrupt and sloppy way. In China you get imprisoned or murdered if you speak against the government or if your department doesn't do its job well enough, whereas in Russia you only get imprisoned or murdered if you speak against the government.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Seltzer posted:

this really is the cherry on the poo poo sundae.

all they had to do was pick literally any other place in russia that is cold as gently caress all the time

instead they pick the warmest place

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
wild dogs attempt to eat staggering drunk, die of alcohol poisoning

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012

AATREK CURES KIDS posted:

What are the odds of a catastrophic stadium collapse? I seem to remember the Athens Olympics also seemed like a disaster in waiting until the last possible minute and then it all worked out OK.

pretty sure the athens olympics basically were a total disaster, but no athletes died or were torn apart by dogs on camera so we remember it fondly

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Monkey Fracas posted:

wild dogs attempt to eat staggering drunk, die of alcohol poisoning

staggering drunk attempts to eat wild dog, falls asleep in a reporter's hotel room

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Crewmine posted:

pretty sure the athens olympics basically were a total disaster, but no athletes died or were torn apart by dogs on camera so we remember it fondly
which is strange, because Greece is full of stray dogs

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Maybe they picked the shithole of russia to hold them in because they're in it for the long game. Send all their own shittiest atheletes, nuke the stadiums, blame it on the chechens, clean up all the medals in 2018.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

A Buttery Pastry posted:

which is strange, because Greece is full of stray dogs

Yeah but they're Greek stray dogs, and can't really be bothered.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
In Sochi everything is beautiful. Sky blue, weather perfect, grass green...

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

redshirt posted:

Yeah but they're Greek stray dogs, and can't really be bothered.
Stray dogs in Greece are loving persistent though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Stray dogs in Greece are loving persistent though.

They're kept in check by the stray cats.

• Locked thread