Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Blackheart posted:

The "core" PCCs were legit cool scout figures in many cases, and they're even better with the Maketoys Mobine limb kits. A couple of the official limb sets were actually decent too, but yeah they were by far the weakest part of the PCC line. Grimstone and the dinobots is :krad: all by himself though.

Grimstone and the Contructicons were the only real solid 5 packs. The last two waves of the double packs were good too. The line was cut way too short.

The doublepacks were going for 2.50 at target and the 5 packs were 5 bucks each. I wound up getting the whole line one day because everything was on sale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Yeah, that last wave of PCC was loving amazing. I still have Heavytread on display with the Maketoys limb set.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Blackheart posted:

If I haven't convinced you guys yet about my horrible taste in plastic robots, I picked these guys on discount and they're surprisingly solid and fun to play with, if you fiddle and customize them a bit (which honestly, is the whole point). They're voyager-sized and the best thing is their accessories and guns (the megs vs. optimus pack comes with a ton of extras) have standard 5mm pegs and pegholes so they're great for arming your regular transformers.

Just look at Hound's :buddy: face

Don't worry you have good taste, the Construct Bots line is fantastic for what it is

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong

Blackheart posted:

If I haven't convinced you guys yet about my horrible taste in plastic robots, I picked these guys on discount and they're surprisingly solid and fun to play with, if you fiddle and customize them a bit (which honestly, is the whole point). They're voyager-sized and the best thing is their accessories and guns (the megs vs. optimus pack comes with a ton of extras) have standard 5mm pegs and pegholes so they're great for arming your regular transformers.

Just look at Hound's :buddy: face

I enjoy them. I'll have to get my camera out and post up some of my mix-and-match monstrosities soon.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
So wow, Diesel. Finally sat down with him and rarely have I ever been so certain I was going to snap a random tab or hinge on a toy. The engineering is impressive and the partsforming is epic, but man, if you have a faint heart, don't even bother. Peaugh's review was almost mandatory prep for this guy. His upper and lower halves are connected by a double hinge so thin that I swear it's partly translucent. He looks awesome, but I don't know how many times I will dare to transform him.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

The good thing is that if you do snap that middle thing he can still be put into both of his modes since the torso tabs into the lower body.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Now that I think of it, I haven't transformed Assaulter in months because of his near-impossible shoulder tabs.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Fred Meyer/Kroger are getting the Skids wave en masse, so if you need a Waspinator or three, swing by there.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
I am getting all kinds of nervous about finding the Starscream/Scoop/Minicon wave on the shelves without even seeing a Skids or Swerve/Cosmos :ohdear:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

404GoonNotFound posted:

I am getting all kinds of nervous about finding the Starscream/Scoop/Minicon wave on the shelves without even seeing a Skids or Swerve/Cosmos :ohdear:

Swerve and Cosmos haven't been released in America yet.

They just released Rhinox and DD like last week.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I keep getting thrown off by Orbital here in London. They get stuff weirdly ahead of time. They've had Doubledealer sitting in a cabinet since late December, and the Scoops/Minicons wave has been and gone. :iiam:

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

So you guys weren't kidding about Diesel being fragile. I pulled out the head on the that sliding piece and the whole part came off in my hand. I'm pretty sure my heart stopped beating until I realized I could just slide it back in. I like how Menasor looks on the shelf, but the best way I can describe the whole experience is "not fun". The cars are so tight with the tolerances that transforming them back and forth is a pain, and Diesel has so many thin pieces that transforming it is a worrisome chore.

On the other side of the third party equation, I got the last 3 parts to Glacial Lord. Holy crap, he is the most fun I've had with a combiner since my G2 Devastator. If you like the G1 aesthetics, go for it. It is worth every penny.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

For people who use HTS and are inclined, this might be of interest - tfw2005 looks to bury it under AoE news: https://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/tflegends15

Also man, Dark Cybertron is such a confusing mixed bag. The art thing is really starting to hurt my eyeballs.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
I just want to reiterate that Legends is a terrible game that should not be played by anyone. Those are cool toys, but don't try the game. Be a winner. *thumbs up*

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Spiderdrake posted:

For people who use HTS and are inclined, this might be of interest - tfw2005 looks to bury it under AoE news: https://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/tflegends15

Also man, Dark Cybertron is such a confusing mixed bag. The art thing is really starting to hurt my eyeballs.

They're not shipping until mid march.

And 15% off isn't much. They're not even down to 10 dollars each after the discount+tax.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

The Taint Reaper posted:

They're not shipping until mid march.

And 15% off isn't much. They're not even down to 10 dollars each after the discount+tax.

For the math fans out there, $12.75 is what I consider an average price.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
...I may have just fused the waist of my Mini-Con Assault team with a super glue mishap :shepicide:

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

404GoonNotFound posted:

...I may have just fused the waist of my Mini-Con Assault team with a super glue mishap :shepicide:

Super glue or plastic glue? If it's super glue, you can just leave it in the freezer for a bit and that'll weaken the bond. If it's plastic glue, well, you just melted the plastic to the other plastic and there's no going back.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

SRM posted:

Super glue or plastic glue? If it's super glue, you can just leave it in the freezer for a bit and that'll weaken the bond. If it's plastic glue, well, you just melted the plastic to the other plastic and there's no going back.

Super glue. The head on the jet guy popped out, so I popped it back in and then proceeed to vastly underestimate the setting time, leading to the current mishap while fiddling around with it.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Just pulled the trigger on DragonBoatTrain Prime since it showed up on ToyArena. I couldn't help myself.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

strangehamster posted:

For the math fans out there, $12.75 is what I consider an average price.

I think walmart sells them for 10 usually.

Walmart might still be a place worth checking for the Skids and Waspinator wave though. I know that Kaybees used to be the poo poo for finding earlier wave/lesser released figures, but now that they're gone we're just left with the screwy releases and stores still stocking wave 2 voyagers.

If you have a Toys R Us Express around your area, those used to be Kaybees and they are usually full of weird things that you wouldn't find in a normal toy store.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

$15 is too drat high, $12 is okay, $10 is great, below $10 is wonderful

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Kaybees were amazing. There's still sort of one in the Florida Mall in Orlando. It's no longer a Kaybees, but only the sign has changed out front, it still has a fuckton of oooold toys. Last time I looked in there it still had Star Trek: First Contact figures in. I know I definitely bought a Classics TF in there that had been off shelves for the longest time, but I can't remember what one.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

The_Doctor posted:

Kaybees were amazing. There's still sort of one in the Florida Mall in Orlando. It's no longer a Kaybees, but only the sign has changed out front, it still has a fuckton of oooold toys. Last time I looked in there it still had Star Trek: First Contact figures in. I know I definitely bought a Classics TF in there that had been off shelves for the longest time, but I can't remember what one.

drat first contact toys? Most unique things I've come across have been knockoffs.

Voyager case rations for Rhinox,Whirl, and Double Dealer all seem to be very promising though. All cases varieties have at least two of a single figure so there's cases with two whirls and a single rhinox and double dealer, Two Rhinoxes and two Whirls, and Two Double Dealers and Two Rhinoxes. So they shouldn't be in short supply hopefully.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006
Has the Skids/Waspinator wave passed?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

catch22 posted:

They're hard to find and HTS is sold out of both Skids and Waspinator. Hasbro admitted that they did not produce enough of them.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Doctor posted:

There was a KB Toy Liquidators in an outlet mall about an hour north of me for the longest time. I went there once and picked up a dozen TFs that were all long sold out and somewhat sought after as well as a poo poo ton of Marvel Legends for $10 each.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

catch22 posted:

Waspinator will be shipping in an upcoming wave with Scoop, Arcee and Chromia, but only one per case. So there will be a chance to get him again, but you'll have to be a bit lucky. I'm sure Skids will pop up in another wave later in 2014, too.

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe

Rhyno posted:

There was a KB Toy Liquidators in an outlet mall about an hour north of me for the longest time. I went there once and picked up a dozen TFs that were all long sold out and somewhat sought after as well as a poo poo ton of Marvel Legends for $10 each.

I remember finding a couple Action Masters there in the late 90s. Nothing beats finding the original Toy Biz X-Men figures at a Marc's last year. The cards were beat to hell, but hey, why not?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Keldroc posted:

Waspinator will be shipping in an upcoming wave with Scoop, Arcee and Chromia, but only one per case. So there will be a chance to get him again, but you'll have to be a bit lucky. I'm sure Skids will pop up in another wave later in 2014, too.

Also, Crosscut in the Rattrap/Tankorr wave, if you're more interested in owning a mold of a tiny car that becomes a horribly beweaponed Autobot rather than Skids The Character.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Keldroc posted:

Wait... a Generations Arcee? Do we know what alt-mode design they're using?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Confirming Target has marked down Predaking to $35. This target has 20 of them, should I wait it out?

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Rhyno posted:

Confirming Target has marked down Predaking to $35. This target has 20 of them, should I wait it out?

Ours are $25, wait it out

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Stopped by a local Target and they had Scoop and the Minicon team, so I picked up both. That's all I wanted out of that wave, anyway. $15 is a little hard to swallow, but I'll live with it. Or, I'll hang onto my receipt, keep an eye on Wal-Mart and stuff, and if I find it cheaper I'll just buy from one store and return them to Target with the receipt. :rodimus:

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Gaz-L posted:

Wait... a Generations Arcee? Do we know what alt-mode design they're using?

No, but since Chromia and Windblade are using IDW designs, it seems possible that we are finally getting a future car Arcee in the Generations line.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Keldroc posted:

No, but since Chromia and Windblade are using IDW designs, it seems possible that we are finally getting a future car Arcee in the Generations line.

Hmmm I'm gonna go ahead and bet on Rattrap repaint, given their deadly allergy to giving Arcee her proper alt mode.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Hmmm I'm gonna go ahead and bet on Rattrap repaint, given their deadly allergy to giving Arcee her proper alt mode.

She is his great-aunt...

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Yeah, it's been nearly 28 4 years!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

strangehamster posted:

Ours are $25, wait it out

Oooh good to know. At $25 I want one and I have a friend who wanted one as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Rhyno posted:

Oooh good to know. At $25 I want one and I have a friend who wanted one as well.

I would send you some, work target has them jamming up the shelves, shipping would probably kill the savings :(