Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

t3h z0r posted:

If there's a real emergency in these buildings everyone is hosed.

All the doors lock and unlock at random.
Can't find the fire hose because it's hidden in someone's bathroom.
Bust through a door only to fall through 5 floors of tarp.
The fire exit is just painted on the wall.
Only hope is a tiny window, but its 10 feet off the ground.

It's almost like a survival horror game that turns out to be a bad trip in the end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
I really am wondering how they are supposed to secure these structures from terrorists.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
seriously wondering what the exchange rate is between pillows, lightbulbs, doorknobs, and dog poison in this emergent economy

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Iron Crowned posted:

It's almost like a survival horror game that turns out to be a bad trip in the end

Bong Home

72nd bday virgin
Dec 8, 2013

Agrajag posted:

I really am wondering how they are supposed to secure these structures from terrorists.

So far they're doing it with padlocked chains and unmanned metal detectors.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

72nd bday virgin posted:

So far they're doing it with padlocked chains and unmanned metal detectors.

I be enjoying explosions fireworks, da?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

seriously wondering what the exchange rate is between pillows, lightbulbs, doorknobs, and dog poison in this emergent economy

It's 1 wagon tongue for 3 pillows unless you started as a carpenter.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Agrajag posted:

in sochi russia structures terrorize you!

Malinois
Jun 13, 2003

t3h z0r posted:

Is not tarp, is manual parachute.

MonoAus
Nov 5, 2012
So um, I've been to Russia a few times and I have to say that I didn't have any issues with wild dogs or semen sheets. So why Sochi so bad?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

t3h z0r posted:

If there's a real emergency in these buildings everyone is hosed.

Kevin McCallister grew up to become an architect but after he was deemed criminally insane because of his sadistic slapstick death trap houses, he fled to Russia.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

MonoAus posted:

So um, I've been to Russia a few times and I have to say that I didn't have any issues with wild dogs or semen sheets. So why Sochi so bad?

MonoAus
Nov 5, 2012

yep

PlotDevice
Oct 10, 2007

*For the Ghost Who Flies Through Space
hey if we're talking about fire hazards I bet whatever material this poor gently caress's ceiling is made of is basically 70% thermite

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Saint Freak posted:

And with dubious ethics.

not enough light sockets to be the groverhouse

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
I like that nothing about Sochi screams winter Olympics but Russia still wins the bid all because of massive amounts of bribery, and everybody knows it. Like come the gently caress on, motherfucking palm trees.

MonoAus
Nov 5, 2012
Apparently its next to mountains and ski resorts with snow on them or something

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

Agrajag posted:

I like that nothing about Sochi screams winter Olympics but Russia still wins the bid all because of massive amounts of bribery, and everybody knows it. Like come the gently caress on, motherfucking palm trees.

I think this would be like America having the Winter Olympics in Jacksonville Florida

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

texaholic posted:

I think this would be like America having the Winter Olympics in Jacksonville Florida death valley

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
A comment on a recent guardian article says:

quote:

Such exaggeration and sensationalism. I've been in this complex three weeks and, sure, things have been patchy, such as the Internet connection, the lack of light bulbs and hot water, but we are warm, dry, in comfortable beds and getting fed good food, and, above all, the staff are friendly, helpful and doing their best. And as for the poor journos "forced to endure techno music played at an ear-splitting volume," it's actually Russian folk music and is hardly at an ear-splitting volume. The rooms (and beds) are larger than those some of us journalists occupied at London 2012, and during which we were obliged to move accommodation four times to different areas of the city

You want lightbulb? Sun isn't bright enough?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

texaholic posted:

I think this would be like America having the Winter Olympics in Jacksonville Florida
Or Biloxi. Mississippi is about as close as you can get to Russia miserable in the US.

Emanuel Collective
Jan 16, 2008

by Smythe

congrats to Sochi for barely meeting the basic necessities of proper human habitat

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Emanuel Collective posted:

congrats to Sochi for barely meeting the basic necessities of proper human habitat

Please to not be mean.

Fat Ogre
Dec 31, 2007

Guns don't kill people.

I do.

Casimir Radon posted:

Or Biloxi. Mississippi is about as close as you can get to Russia miserable in the US.

You forgot about Alaska. And that is pretty drat close to Sochi level craziness.

Tampa Bay Barbie
Oct 30, 2011
My brain kept reading the posts in this thread in a russian accent and now everything around me is morphing into soviet caricatures somebody please help me oh god

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

Lobok posted:

Do you remember Springfield's attempt at rebuilding Ned Flanders' house?

This is all I've been seeing

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

Arnold of Soissons posted:

russia: please do not try to catch the toilet fish

Pee-Nut :nws: for obvious reasons

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

Agrajag posted:

t3h z0r posted:

And of course, roaming packs of stray dogs.

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW
"Well, at least it's not India" - cool fat curling dude.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Russia seems like a fun place

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P08B_lBUL0E

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

big duck equals goose posted:

"Well, at least it's not India" - cool fat curling dude.

cannot rape, lost penis to krokodil

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

Can we all agree that this is going to be one of the best winter olympics for a long time for the worst possible reasons? 24 hours ago I didn't give a poo poo about the olympics. Now I am psyched.

etalian posted:

This is a pretty neat site tracking all the corruption related with the construction surge:
http://sochi.fbk.info/en/

:frog:

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

This better be the act for the opening ceremonies in Sochi.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

it's less than 3.5 hours until competition begins

do your worst

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
The Olympic torch goes out soon after the run starts and a bystander casually relights it with his cigarette lighter.

http://youtu.be/huLCD777LxM

72nd bday virgin
Dec 8, 2013

The National News on NBC tonight talked about how "99%" of hotel rooms in Russia are now completed and how everything is "going well". :laugh:

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Saint Freak posted:

And with dubious ethics.

Needs more chinese drywall and electrical cords hanging everywhere.
But a good start.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

72nd bday virgin posted:

The National News on NBC tonight talked about how "99%" of hotel rooms in Russia are now completed and how everything is "going well". :laugh:

from one propaganda machine to another, super

Malinois
Jun 13, 2003

Vertical Lime posted:

do your worst

:ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

72nd bday virgin
Dec 8, 2013

The best part of the whole debacle is standard of Nationality that is beaten in to Russians' heads, go check out some Russian peoples' comments on news sites and youtube etc. and they're all defending Sochi and saying the rest of the world is just mad because there aren't enough gay people in Russia

• Locked thread