Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zwiftef
Jun 30, 2002

SWIFT IS FAT, LOL

Lavender Philtrum posted:

Except throwing a smoke extinguishes fire and throwing fire extinguishes it immediately if it's on top of smoke, i'm 90% sure.

A neat side effect of this is that a smoke that lands on top of a fire is actually a little higher up than a normal smoke. My brother uses this when he holds apartments on Inferno to be able to see their feet while they're stuck in smoke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
I'm not great with grenades myself but a good molotov can be devastating if you use it to flush out site defenders. Unlike a HE nade it doesn't need to be a particularly accurate throw to do the job.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

My favorite molly is thrown at fire box on mirage. Think you are sneaky hiding behind a flammable box rear end in a top hat!

Mesothelioma
Jan 6, 2009

Your favorite mineral related cancer!
Please tell me someone got the nova supremacy from last night.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Mesothelioma posted:

Jesus some of those long range headshots. :negative:

They should just put a scope on it.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Mesothelioma posted:

http://74.91.119.72/demos/

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

jerkstoresup posted:

Voice chat and text are not replayed in overwatch demos. But "griefing" such as purposely blocking/damaging teammates, hiding the bomb or similar things do appear in overwatch demos.

It wouldn't be as severe as a ban for hacking would be, but yes, people reported for griefing can be suspended from matchmaking.

If that's the case, why are you able to report someone for voice/text abuse? Is that just a cumulative thing and after X reports they'll get an automatic cooldown?

ProfessionalNinja
Sep 26, 2004
I am the Professional Ninja
New weapon confirmed for next patch

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

If that's the case, why are you able to report someone for voice/text abuse? Is that just a cumulative thing and after X reports they'll get an automatic cooldown?

I always wondered that too. Like if someone got all 9 other people in a game to report them for voice abuse would something happen to them right then and there?

Overwatch should also show what the peoples ranks are and possibly their hours played (if it were possible to do that, I don't know how demo data is stored), because sometimes it is pretty hard to tell if someone is hacking, smurfing, or just plain good at the game.

ProfessionalNinja fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Feb 5, 2014

40 OZ
May 16, 2003

ProfessionalNinja posted:

sometimes it is pretty hard to tell if someone is hacking, smurfing, or just plain good at the game.

Watching all the top pros stream valve matchmaking has been fun. You'll see a game with 3-4 of the top players in the world, like Swag, Hiko, and adren or something. All on one team.

There will be games where they are playing against blatant hackers, but more interesting is the games where nobody can really put their finger on anything in particular, but they are still getting their rear end whipped by guys with 40-50 hours.

Adren was playing against a team that beat him yesterday. It was against a new player to CS GO and steam. He watched the whole demo, said nothing was conclusively cheating. They would occasionally make huge plays or incredible reads, but it would be sporadic.

40 OZ fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Feb 5, 2014

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

ProfessionalNinja posted:

New weapon confirmed for next patch

That picture is absolutely ridiculous. Who eats hotdogs on buns with sesame seeds?

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
That double knife defense I had on mirage_ce last night was boss. Just saying. Also the 40 bomb on season wasn't even enough to carry for a win. So sad.

Zwiftef posted:

A neat side effect of this is that a smoke that lands on top of a fire is actually a little higher up than a normal smoke. My brother uses this when he holds apartments on Inferno to be able to see their feet while they're stuck in smoke.

Is that right? Hmm...

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Well Valve does get the reports too, so maybe they review them sometimes? I don't know, but I spam music sometimes and I've never been MM banned.

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

jerkstoresup posted:

Well Valve does get the reports too, so maybe they review them sometimes? I don't know, but I spam music sometimes and I've never been MM banned.

I always figured Valve would just review the text language reports in-house, since it's really easy to flip through a couple thousand pages of plaintext scanning for friend of the family/human being/gently caress etc.

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

Season being worked on

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

Powerful Wizard IRL posted:

Season being worked on

I came and started farting

John T Scrungus
Oct 23, 2010

:confused:
New update is apparently out.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/CSGO/announcements/detail/1767963787259237073

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

:siren: :siren: :siren: Improved Desert Eagle accuracy recovery :frogsiren: :frogsiren: :frogsiren:

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

[ STICKERS ]
- Added Sticker Capsules. Each capsule contains one sticker out of a series of sticker designs.
- Sticker Capsules can be received as drops at the end of matches, and are opened using a Sticker Capsule Key.
- A sticker can be applied to any gun, and each gun can hold multiple stickers.

[ MISC ]
- Several adjustments to improve performance for a range of hardware configurations.
- Ended Operation Bravo.
- Overpass and Cobblestone maps are now available to everyone.
- Removed the following items from the store:
-- Season's Gifts. They are still marketable on the Community Marketplace and remain fully functional.
-- Operation Bravo Passes. They are still marketable on the Community Marketplace and can be redeemed for an Operation Bravo Coin.
- Doing an ent_create now orients the created entity opposite the player's orientation so it's facing the player.
- Added a new material type called 'Lightmapped_4WayBlend' that can be used on displacements. Documentation can be found here: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Lightmapped_4WayBlend
- Added more diagnostic information for buffer overflows in network channel.

[ UI ]
- Removed rouge [sic] pixel on mode map selection UI.
- Added player teammate colors in Competitive Mode that displays a unique color per teammate in the radar, playercount panel, scoreboard and the arrow over their head (can be toggled offline with cl_cmm_showteamplayercolors).
- Reduced translucency of avatars in playercount panel and did some minor visual updates.
- Enemies icons on radar are now a different shape than teammates.
- Hostages on radar now have an H in the dot and never rotate.
- Added sort method 'Equipped' to the Inventory.
- Added a setting to Game Options that allows hiding Team Tags in death notices.
- Team tags now scale to fit in the scoreboard and no longer overlap ping or get get cut off.
- Fixed an issue where sometimes no live games could be found in the Watch panel for the first minute after game launch.

:siren::siren::siren:[ GAMEPLAY ]
- All grenades now have a secondary fire that throws an underhand grenade a short distance in front of the player.
-- Secondary fire can be combined with primary fire to precisely adjust the strength of the throw.
:siren::siren::siren:

- Weapon balance has been adjusted:
:siren:-- Improved Desert Eagle accuracy recovery :siren:
-- Improved Sg553 and AUG rates of fire.
-- Improved Sg553 and AUG scoped control ( reduced inaccuracy and recoil ).
:siren:-- Increased movement inaccuracy on all automatic weapons by 50%.:siren:
-- Movement inaccuracy when walking is now calculated differently, resulting in better walking accuracy across the board.
:siren:- sv_airaccelerate has been slightly increased. :siren:

[ MAPS ]
- Mirage
-- Fixed a bug where you could peek over a crate at CT stairs.
-- Added a peek position in Bombsite A connector, towards Palace exit.
-- Clipped benches inside palace.
-- Fixed some boost/exploit spots (Thanks F3RO!).
-- Breakable metal panels can no longer be shot through without triggering break effect.
-- Made it easier to get into hole leading to CT sniper window.
-- Made it easier to move over cart leading to B route from CT spawn.
-- Reworked cover in Bombsite A.
-- Reworked cover in Bombsite B.

- Overpass
-- Changed cover in playground.
-- Fixed smoke sorting on water.
-- Made players easier to see in park connector stairs.
-- Raised upper park divider to prevent peeking over it.
-- Increased ambient lighting.
-- Made bridge near Bombsite B twice as wide.
-- Made it easier to spot players in T side of canal.
-- Simplified the layout of Bombsite B slightly.
-- Removed small tree at CT side of upper park.
-- Blocked visibility through truck in Bombsite A.
-- Tweaked soundscape.
-- General optimizations.

- Inferno
-- Fixed a bug where players could get stuck in ceilingfans.
-- Fixed some areas where thrown C4 could get stuck.
-- Increased brightness slightly in hallway leading to balcony in Bombsite A.
-- Fixed gaps that players could see through in Bombsite B.
-- Made wall penetration in construction more consistent (Thanks Pawlesslol!).
-- Nerfed the refire rate on the churchbells (changed from infinite dings per second to 1 ding per second).
-- General optimizations.

- Dust 2
-- Removed dark texture near tunnel stairs.
-- Removed sky collision over building near T spawn.
-- Covered up shadow that looked like a player near CT spawn.
-- Fixed invisible ledges on curved corners.

- Assault
-- Fixed various graphical bugs.
-- Fixed bugs related to prop_physics_multiplayer.
-- Added a CT van to CT spawn.
-- Fixed an exploit where players could get out of the map.

Fat Lou fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Feb 6, 2014

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Fat Lou posted:

-- Nerfed the refire rate on the churchbells (changed from infinite dings per second to 1 ding per second).

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!
The also fixed the OSX version's "crash on quit" bug by adding a "crash on launch" one :haw:

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because fuck you.
I'm getting a stream of constant crashes. Game is completely unplayable.

edit: My problem seems to be in materialsystem.dll. What do you want to bet that this is a sticker thing?

edit again: apparently restarting Steam fixes it. Haven't tried yet, I just ate my ban.

BAD AT STUFF fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Feb 6, 2014

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

:frogsiren: BREAKING NEWS: Cent's wife makes him quit dota.

The prodigal son of the goonman known by the mythic alias that escapes mortal interperetation "Centerius" Has allegedly been told to quit playing lovely game 'dota' by the woman behind the god.
Cent's wife was not available for comment but a thinktank has come to speculate that his wife has good taste in games.

BrandNew
May 16, 2007

Get me my BLUE WINDBREAKER!
New deag and aug are both glorious.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Mimetic posted:

edit again: apparently restarting Steam fixes it. Haven't tried yet, I just ate my ban.

Thanks, haven't seen this on the steam discussion yet, will try it out and let you know how it goes. Sadly, ESEA hasn't updated yet so I can't get into any Pugs.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Mimetic posted:

I'm getting a stream of constant crashes. Game is completely unplayable.

edit: My problem seems to be in materialsystem.dll. What do you want to bet that this is a sticker thing?

Not working for me. Thanks for the ban game.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Maybe it's just because the update is new but the Aug feels strong as hell now.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Lemming posted:

Not working for me. Thanks for the ban game.

I got my game not to crash by restarting Steam, but I was just playing on a community Aim server. New Deagle is... better, and the SG553 is good too, I like that they flipped the front sight post down (silly to have it up, and now it doesn't stick up so oddly on the viewmodel).

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

slev posted:

Maybe it's just because the update is new but the Aug feels strong as hell now.

If the Aug and Sig are even viable, JUST viable, and not even outright better than the M4 and AK, the player base is going to go nuclear. How dare they make bad weapons even remotely good! :argh:

Also, that tactical hot dog: sesame seed buns is a Chicago thing, and lol, no spicy brown mustard? :smug:

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

What the heck is going on in here???
Aug seems stupid good now.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Fat Lou posted:

- Inferno
-- Fixed a bug where players could get stuck in ceilingfans.

Way to remove the best feature in the game, Valve. How else am I going to confuse pubbies in MM? First the chickens and now this.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Game is crashing like crazy now for me. Can't go a single round without it crashing, sometimes it instantly crashes as soon as I get into a game. Have tried verifying the local files, restarting steam/computer, no luck. :(

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
The AUG seems like a straight upgrade over the M4A4 now, but the still M4A1 has it's uses.

beeman
May 7, 2008

i just played mm. for some reason i have tonnes of bloom and there were people on both teams crashing and rejoining constantly

edit: it was good

beeman fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Feb 6, 2014

Sudbina
Mar 17, 2009
I was lagging in this earlier. It might be a memory leak.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
This game is really good and the developers seem really talented.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Great patch, but I don't expect the fire rate changes to stay. Accuracy yes, but the fire rate makes it insane. For 200 more than the M4A4, the AUG fires faster, does more damage per bullet, and is more accurate in bursts.

I'm sure the crashing will be addressed.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

The Orange Mage posted:

Also, that tactical hot dog: sesame seed buns is a Chicago thing, and lol, no spicy brown mustard? :smug:

Poppyseed =/= Sesame seed

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

djfooboo posted:

Poppyseed =/= Sesame seed

Oh poo poo, you're right. :shobon: Now I want a fried polish with the onions and peppers.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
Play matchmaking tonight if you want to see CSGO on opposite day. Everyone is using the Krieg/AUG and going for 1 Deags.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Juan Deag Rides Again!

Also, the grenade alt-fire stuff is a pretty rad addition.

• Locked thread