Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI
We just got a Harvester spawn on PS4, he dropped nothing. Stingy bastard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Ah poo poo son. Rhino Chassis up in this bitch.

Here I was thinking, "I wanna make the Rhino", its fate I tell you, I think some robot thing called the Jackal dropped it, is that how I get the rest of the pieces?

Also need polymer like mad, gonna make some dual heat swords, don't know if they're good but I guess that's half the fun of being new.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Alteisen posted:

Here I was thinking, "I wanna make the Rhino", its fate I tell you, I think some robot thing called the Jackal dropped it, is that how I get the rest of the pieces?

Yes, keep killing Jackal until you also have the Rhino Helmet and Rhino Systems, build all three parts then buy the Rhino blueprint from the market and make the frame proper.

For the control module you'll need just hitch a ride to a void mission with goons, or go to the recruiting channel and join a tower group from there.

Melee weapons are pretty much all useless except the Dual Zoren (For mobility) and maybe Galatine; Dual Heat Swords aren't any worse than others though.

Bunleigh
Jun 6, 2005

by exmarx
Just had a run where the extraction room was the one with the big gap you have to cross. Me and one dude crossed and then spent the entire minute watching the other two fail to make it across. What the gently caress :psyduck:

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Alteisen posted:

Also need polymer like mad, gonna make some dual heat swords, don't know if they're good but I guess that's half the fun of being new.

Use jump attacks with the Dual Heat Swords a lot. Set everything around you on fire all the time. It's tons of fun against Infested.
Probably don't try doing that against Corpus.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Bunleigh posted:

Just had a run where the extraction room was the one with the big gap you have to cross. Me and one dude crossed and then spent the entire minute watching the other two fail to make it across. What the gently caress :psyduck:

Was it the one where you come out of a pipe? There's a cable on one side of the room.

I just jumped in a mobile defense where I revived a dude, then got stuck in the revive pose, glowing green gas and all. In my Rhino, with Iron Skin active. Standing right next to the cryopod. I eventually got knocked down by a MOA stomp, thankfully, but that was hilariously ridiculous.

Metaprognosticate
Nov 10, 2013

Bunleigh posted:

Is it the Grineer tileset in earlier planets with the 4 lockers and 2 ziplines on either side? When I first started playing, I had to actually tell people about the ziplines. I didn't know about the ziplines either until a few missions in and would just zorencopter over cause that's what some of the higher ranks did.

Bunleigh
Jun 6, 2005

by exmarx
Yeah that's the one. I don't even know how they missed the ziplines, one of the idiots was trying to wallrun right next to one.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Bunleigh posted:

Yeah that's the one. I don't even know how they missed the ziplines, one of the idiots was trying to wallrun right next to one.

Yeah, but slide-jumping and wallrunning are way cooler than ziplining. :hellyeah:

Metaprognosticate
Nov 10, 2013
Update 12 is coming out right now.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

4 Nekros new meta. Nova joke tier.

It's happening

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.
DE red text fun times right there.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
Notes https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/172913-update-12-zephyr-rises/?p=2029783#entry2029783

Androc
Dec 26, 2008

Tigris buffs yessss. And holy poo poo if "Valkyr’s Hysteria ability now takes weapon damage and crit into consideration (it piggybacks off of your equipped melee weapon?)" means what I think it means that's a huge buff, aside from the fact that they doubled her armor.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

quote:

- Valkyr now has 600 base armor.
- Valkyr’s Hysteria ability now takes weapon damage and crit into consideration.
The first thing is dumb. The second thing...what? So you just want the hardest hitting damage, regardless of DPS?

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

You're breaking my balls here

Elysiume posted:

The first thing is dumb. The second thing...what? So you just want the hardest hitting damage, regardless of DPS?

Her ultimate forced her into melee mode, but gave her a weapon unique to the ultimate. That weapon did poo poo damage, worse than many normal melee weapons. They made it increase based on your melee weapon, I think.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.
- Hammer and Staff weapons now ragdoll enemies on charged attacks.

:black101: returns.

Edit: I don't think the Snow Globe Nerf will last very long. Maybe they'll make it limit 1 with much more health or no health. Although, I always used it to drop on a bunch of enemies so I could melee all of them unless I was playing defense.

HukHukHuk fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Feb 6, 2014

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009
God damnit, I just sold my Cestra and they added dual cestra.

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006

Elysiume posted:

I'm not sure how the second thing is going to work out. Need to see it in action, but fists were 100/100/100 with high crit chance and 2x damage, so it kind of sounds like a nerf on initial reading.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Them not explaining that leaves a ton of questions. So everyone just wants to carry a big fuckoff sword at all times?

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
If it takes into account not just base damage, but mods and elements, it's a massive buff if you had say Orthos Prime on.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Arsonide posted:

Her ultimate forced her into melee mode, but gave her a weapon unique to the ultimate. That weapon did poo poo damage, worse than many normal melee weapons. They made it increase based on your melee weapon, I think.
Yes I know all of that. It's a matter of how it depends on the weapon. If it's just weapon damage and crit, you want the hardest hitting, highest critting melee weapon period.

If the damage matters the most, it's Dakra Prime or Orthos Prime for 55/60 damage.
If crit matters the most, it's dual Zoren for a 25% chance to crit for 300%.

Also it's annoying because it means that I won't be able to level random melee weapons on Valkyr.

edit: The problem with Valkyr's ult is that it has a tiny range and lovely hit detection more than the damage. Why didn't they fix that instead? :argh:

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Feb 6, 2014

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

drat. When they tease 'long awaited ability buffs' in red text I honestly got my hopes up for something much more drastic than this.

nacon
May 7, 2005

owned the poo poo out of stalker.

got slash dash.

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

WE WELCOME THE OPPRESSORS
I wish these updates hit the PS4 faster. Totally ready to Akmagnus.

E: I got a Grakata blueprint as a daily reward and holy crap is this gun fun. I'm leveling it now so I can turn it into a crit machine.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Elysiume posted:

Eh going from 50% damage resistance to ~66.6% damage resistance (essentially going from 600 effective to 900 effective health base) is pretty decent actually given how lovely Valkyr's shields are. If I did the math right you get can it up to 80.8% damage with a max steel fiber (the only time this mod will ever see use). I don't think it'll make Valkyr good or anything but I can see it being useful if you want to run a no-shield nightmare alert and are tired of bringing Rhino I guess. :shrug:

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
Tenno Lab requires 100k Creds, 65k Salvage, 35k Salvage. 35k Circuits, 35k Polymer, 15 Forma

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
The PS4 won't get this update for a very long time huh?

Huntsekker
May 2, 2003

"That really was the most fun I've had with anything Munchkin related ever."
Servers seem to be crapping themselves, I still can't get in after 10 minutes.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

Doji Sekushi posted:

We just got a Harvester spawn on PS4, he dropped nothing. Stingy bastard.
Me one shotting his bitch boy Stalker took some of the sting out of that though. Still bullshit :argh:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Huntsekker posted:

Yeah. I want to help build us the new lab dammit.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Insert name here posted:

Eh going from 50% damage resistance to ~66.6% damage resistance (essentially going from 600 effective to 900 effective health base) is pretty decent actually given how lovely Valkyr's shields are. If I did the math right you get can it up to 80.8% damage with a max steel fiber (the only time this mod will ever see use). I don't think it'll make Valkyr good or anything but I can see it being useful if you want to run a no-shield nightmare alert and are tired of bringing Rhino I guess. :shrug:
Valkyr has nothing to offer other than Hysteria. If you're not going to have Hysteria active (at which point your armor doesn't matter), you might as well play a class with useful abilities.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

Huntsekker posted:

I managed, then it kicked me out.

IT'S BETA GUYS DON'T WORRY

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
https://twitter.com/PlayWarframe/status/431274075286011904

"PC Tenno, sit tight as we manage traffic for U12 and all login issues. We're on it!"

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Elysiume posted:

Valkyr has nothing to offer other than Hysteria. If you're not going to have Hysteria active (at which point your armor doesn't matter), you might as well play a class with useful abilities.

Valkyr is Spider-man, clearly the best frame in the game.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
The new clan research weapons also seem pretty cool, but take a good whack of resources. Helter Skelter - let us know if &/or where you need help.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
If it takes nano spores I can contribute 800,000. Just say the word!

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Ajax posted:

Tenno Lab requires 100k Creds, 65k Salvage, 35k Salvage. 35k Circuits, 35k Polymer, 15 Forma

If the portal lets me in, I can contribute 50k Creds, 10+k Salvage, 4k? Polymer, and 2 Forma. Gotta get dat frame.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
I saw the Phage before I crashed and it took 750k Credits, 1000 Mutagen Samples, and around 50k salvage, polymer and something else. Also 15 Forma I think. Also the Phage is basically the infested Flux Rifle, firing 7 beams and doing 330 Viral damage base.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I'm assuming those numbers are drastically reduced for smaller clans, as per usual.